Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Got to hand it to these boys and girls.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Genius or madness. ....to compete in any motorcycling event takes a lot of guts.

Fair play play to them.

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

the TT is not "any" motorcycle event ...... the top TT riders are mostly super human with a small dash of bonkers thrown in ....... it leaves all other motor sports far behind and is the most exciting thing on wheels .... ever!!!

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

I understand the special nature of the IOM TT but my point was that any event on two wheels holds enormous risks.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

its areal thrill 2watch n participate ,,,they have nerves of steel well done 2 em ,

over a year ago

My hubby is an ex motorbike racer ( road racing / circuit racing etc ) ,

He looks very good in leathers ........spoils the effect when takes his helmet off

over a year ago

"I understand the special nature of the IOM TT but my point was that any event on two wheels holds enormous risks. "

Road racing takes it a whole level higher, Marquez came off at 175mph on friday yet was back on his bike this morning (saturday) at mugello in moto gp. Not many would ever be back on their bike if they came off at speed during the IOM TT

over a year ago

"I understand the special nature of the IOM TT but my point was that any event on two wheels holds enormous risks.

Road racing takes it a whole level higher, Marquez came off at 175mph on friday yet was back on his bike this morning (saturday) at mugello in moto gp. Not many would ever be back on their bike if they came off at speed during the IOM TT"

unless you are conor cummins, guy martin, or just bloody lucky!!!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Lol now he has a new jiggle pin fitted to the superbike,think he will do it this year?

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Used to go every year and loved it, Note to self sort out iom tt 2014 !!

Hope the jiggle pin sorts it for him, seems more focussed this year

over a year ago

I go over every couple of years on my bike (off to the classic on my old BSA this year) and I've ridden the course so many times and each time it never ceases to amaze me how fast there's riders get round the island

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

had a chance to ride in the tt years ago and didnt due to other comitments, biggest regret of my life, but on the other hand im still alive so mixed emotions

over a year ago

"the TT is not "any" motorcycle event ...... the top TT riders are mostly super human with a small dash of bonkers thrown in ....... it leaves all other motor sports far behind and is the most exciting thing on wheels .... ever!!!"

You said it perfect

over a year ago

"unless you are conor cummins, guy martin, or just bloody lucky!!!"

Just bloody lucky really I think... There's a lot more to hit when they come off at the TT, it's the stopping that hurts the most especially when it's a sudden one. Obviously tracks are easier to make safer and have had improvements over the years. Valentino Rossi was there last year (or the year before) being interviewed and he was blown away by the bravery of the riders and the dangers they face. Motorsports are dangerous, bikes more so. The TT has little or no run off areas and lots of garden walls etc etc. Hats off to them really. Be nice to see Guy Martin get a win though, he seems to have a good chance in the 600's.

over a year ago

My OH has always said that when he raced that falling off the bike rarely hurt him , it was stopping that hurt ,

By *OMANNINWoman
over a year ago

leeds

I was over there last weekend and most of the time between a rider and a garden wall is just a bale of hay ... utter glorious madness!

By *illdeeCouple
over a year ago

nr Edinburgh

Go to Manxradio.com, listen to the racing every day. We have it on for the fortnight, closest we can be without actually being on the Island.

Sounds great when they're commentating on the racing.

By *anxfrankMan
over a year ago

isle of man

Fab weather here in the isle or man, and also thousands or bike screaming round thé place

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I love bikes and had a few in my time, but never got to witness the TT first hand. I did however get taken on a lap by the police in a Focus RS, excellent on the unrestricted areas but also a bit morbid. The guy who took us was giving us a running commentary..... So & so came off there and died, this corner is where so & so got killed. The thrills are immense but the risks are higher, which is why it's a great event with fantastic riders. Two words..... Bray Hill.

Post new Message to Thread