Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

You ever been to Cyprus?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

All year around sun thy say and 20s in winter .? We are looking for a holiday home over seas to escape winter at times with easy cheep flights Standard or Norwich and not hours to get there .. Hard to know wheres easy to get too and hate loads of people .Just i keep looking up places to go visit .And told Cyprus is nice in places ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nfieldishCouple
over a year ago

Enfield

Found it expensive...and generally wasn't too keen.....Malta?....cheap and sunny.....be interesting to know where you finally choose..

over a year ago

"Found it expensive...and generally wasn't too keen.....Malta?....cheap and sunny.....be interesting to know where you finally choose..

"

Been there I like beaches and Go-so have them but Malta's rock . XX

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Went to sardinia last year and loved it. A hire car is essential but you can hit a different beach every day and they're all glorious.

If you are happy to budget then consider one of the campsite bungalows.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Loads and loads of soldiers buy a holiday home there after their stint is up. I think they like it because of all the golf courses though.

over a year ago

"Loads and loads of soldiers buy a holiday home there after their stint is up. I think they like it because of all the golf courses though. "
yes told a lot of English there . xx Not into golf but could give it a go , lol

over a year ago

"Went to sardinia last year and loved it. A hire car is essential but you can hit a different beach every day and they're all glorious.

If you are happy to budget then consider one of the campsite bungalows. "

I shall look that up thank you xxx

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Went to sardinia last year and loved it. A hire car is essential but you can hit a different beach every day and they're all glorious.

If you are happy to budget then consider one of the campsite bungalows. I shall look that up thank you xxx"

It's got prehistoric sites and Roman sites if you like sightseeing (tharros is amazing, ancient history and beaches in one place) and Italian attitudes to food. And we didn't spend a fortune, it is possible to eat out reasonably in Italy.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you are happy to budget then consider one of the campsite bungalows. "

Mmmmmm... The Emerald coast up by Sassari... Crystal clear waters... Delicious beaches... Fabulous food... And... Italians...

*Sospiro....*

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Mmmmmm... The Emerald coast up by Sassari... Crystal clear waters... Delicious beaches... Fabulous food... And... Italians...

*Sospiro....* "

Sicily this year

over a year ago

*Sospiro....*

Sicily this year "

Enjoy...

Where's the green with envy smiley when you need one....

over a year ago

"All year around sun thy say and 20s in winter .? We are looking for a holiday home over seas to escape winter at times with easy cheep flights Standard or Norwich and not hours to get there .. Hard to know wheres easy to get too and hate loads of people .Just i keep looking up places to go visit .And told Cyprus is nice in places ? "

Only been once, on honeymoon... Rained for two solid week's, flooded the roads...

The hotel was disgusting, the second one was marginally better....

I dont normally whinge about holidays... But this is my permitted exception....

over a year ago

Ive been three times. Last time was 2004. I love it! Been paphos and limassol, prefer paphos. The town is lovely x

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

*Sospiro....*

Sicily this year

Enjoy...

Where's the green with envy smiley when you need one.... "

I intend to!

Due to health issues I can't travel at the moment so I'mavidly poring over guide books as Sicily is my carrot to get me through the stick times.

If anyone has been and has tips I'd love to hear them. Am thinking fly into catania and pick up a hire car then head down Syracuse way. A few nights near the beach outside town for some relaxing and pop into town for the sights.

Then head south and west towards agrigento, stopping at the villa casa reale for the mosaics and possibly the mud volcanoes near aragona.

Then take up residence near the sea and spend lots of time at lovely beaches with some temple visits for culture.

Then on to marsala for wine tasting and a visit to mazuola island.

Along the way lots of seafood and gelato.

And yes, I'd love to get out more and stop focusing on minutiae but I've been poorly...

over a year ago

Cyprus is my favourite place in the Med. Nice people and lovely weather. But, it's not a cheap option.

over a year ago

"Cyprus is my favourite place in the Med. Nice people and lovely weather. But, it's not a cheap option."
I hope to have my own villa or house and hope have most things there and a car ,So its all handy and easy for long weekends and weeks .Just not sure of the place for my second home. x

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I was in Kyrenia last year (it's Northern Cyprus) and loved it, but we couldn't get flight to Ercan so had to fly to Larnaca and transfer (hour n half) but I believe flights to Ercan to be coming more readily available. I prefer the North personally but that could be the hotel I go to is 5star and I've only been to the south on lesser starred hotels. Lovely, friendly people

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I would only buy in the North myself, the Greek side is full of less than half finished villas and apartments....

I also find the Turkish Cypriots more welcoming

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Been a few times and found the South a bit dull after a week. Also although I dislike generalisations ... I found the Greek Cypriots not anywhere near as friendly as the Turkish people.

Would I buy property there? Hell, no.

over a year ago

I lived there for a while quite a few years ago, it is pretty expensive, but I agree the north is better and friendlier.

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Been there quite liked it found the people friendly but i would choose Malta over Cyprus every time

over a year ago

Got a villa over there love it. Place called paralimni. 10 mins from figtree bay. Beautiful beach. If you are looking to buy now could be a good time. Flights are bloody expensive though. Especially im summer when all the cypriots head home.

If you buy im the north be very very careful as

A lot of houses were taken over by main land turks after the invasion . There have been numerous ownership disputes of who actually owns the property.

Got loads of friends over there and do business there as well. Need any advice just message me.

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

visit cyprus quite a bit throughout the year and have done for the last 7 years...still love it and the people always welcoming and friendly as for it being expensive, its cheaper to eat and drink than england and the quality of living is to be desired aswell as 340 days of sun.....

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

We have had a home there since 2002.We live in a cypriot village away from tourists and expats who like to moan.We love it there and the cost of living is still cheap if you use local places.Easy jet fly there and if you book your tickets as soon as they are released you will normally fly there for less than £150 return and thats from scotland.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Only ever been to Cyprus once and that was early '80s so it's probably changed quite a bit. My main memories are brandy sours, awesome food and on one day we went ski-ing in Troodos in the morning and water ski-ing in the afternoon.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

I love Cyprus, got a few friends with villa's out there and a few that live full time out there. Speaking to one other day and she was saying it good time to buy as a lot up for sale.

By *ypfunWoman
over a year ago

Cyprus

I live out here. It has got more expensive over the years but you can find cheaper places to eat and drink if you look around. I live on the south side but love going across to the north, and find it cheaper over there too.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

We have been a cpl of times to the south recently with some friends and really enjoyed ourselves..

people are friendly, weather is hot enough and as others have said property for sale is plentifull..

why not visit both parts of the island and go from there..?

By *ighly ProfessionalMan
over a year ago

peterborough

Cyprus, just love it. Been 5-6 times even thought of emigrating there. Buy around coral bay area not far from Paphos , regular cheapish flights all year sun although get wet in December Jan but you can even ski in the troodos mountains then sunbathe in your pool. PS im open to invites to help your decide x

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

One reason I would not buy there is the fact that ex pats are really struggling to get the deeds to their properties - I know of several people who have been waiting for years and still not received them. Does not sound like a safe investment to me.

over a year ago

"One reason I would not buy there is the fact that ex pats are really struggling to get the deeds to their properties - I know of several people who have been waiting for years and still not received them. Does not sound like a safe investment to me. "
one thing it would have to be safe and know its ours i know some places have laws and things when getting a house and your not there 24/7 , xx

over a year ago

Lived there in dahkilia barracks sorry for the poor spelling lol nice weather and beaches but thats about it really

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

like anywhere there is good and bad. r..we visit there a lot and are happy we've a home there....

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"like anywhere there is good and bad. r..we visit there a lot and are happy we've a home there...."
I am being curious - did you experience problems getting the deeds or were our friends'experience isolated cases?

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

"like anywhere there is good and bad. r..we visit there a lot and are happy we've a home there....I am being curious - did you experience problems getting the deeds or were our friends'experience isolated cases?"

we're due to get ours in the next year so we've been told...nothing happens quickly in cyprus even tho there legal system is based on ours here...

some get theres without too much delay others have problems....

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I spent a holiday in Northern Cyprus (Kyrenia) a few years ago and I just couldn't get over how much cheaper that sector was compared to the Greek southern centre.

Properties were excellent value; there are quite a number of UK based Estate Agents with offices in and around Kyrenia.

I heard from locals that much of the property boom and subsequent high prices in Southern Cyprus was being fuelled by an influx of Russian people.

In contrast, Northern Cyprus wasn't having that problem. Plus it's not officially in the Euro Zone, though they do accept the Euro widely and Sterling is accepted there too.

By *igger1952Man
over a year ago

Paphos Cyprus.

hi i live in paphos and really looking forward to meeting singles and couples who either live here part of the year or visit on holiday. now the summer is here and the temps are up in the 30's lets get some outdoor action going and enjoy some adult fun. if anyone is in paphos for some winter sun between 3-12th sept. come and enjoy an adu;t party with other singles and couples.

Post new Message to Thread