Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Phone numbers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I never answer a call from a number I don't know preferring to see if they leave an answer phone message before deciding if I want to call them. This moring I had a call from an 0843 number which I ignored as usual but they left no message. Being the nosey moo I am I goggled the number and boy am I glad I didn't answer or call back as it is a scam no that charges 20p a minute. Just thought I would give you all a heads up. Won't put full number on here as don't want a ban but if you want it pm me ok.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I never ring back numbers that aren't in ma phonebook, if it's that urgent they can always leave a message or text

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My answer phone politely explains I never take calls from unfamiliar or withheld numbers but I will immediately call back anyone who cares to leave a message and their contact number should their business be urgent.

I used to get a lot of empty messages but they seem to be drying up now…

over a year ago

Lucky then. Could have been expensive :/

over a year ago

I know there are these scams about, and this won't catch them all, but I registered with the Telephone preferance Service (TPS) and this stopped 95% of all my cold calls

Post new Message to Thread