Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Relationships

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Friendships, relationships, what have you learned from past ones?

Have they made you more cynical? wiser? wary? happier???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *an and wifeyCouple
over a year ago

n lincs

We have been together nearly 22 years but still work on what we have. We have seen too many other relationships fall at the first hurdle. And try not to take each other for granted but also see that we have different needs some times which is why fab can be fun

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Unfortunately due to recent events im sooo wary now. Seems in my opinion anyhow more n more ppl becoming cowards and hiding behind phones which does my nut in

over a year ago

"We have been together nearly 22 years but still work on what we have. We have seen too many other relationships fall at the first hurdle. And try not to take each other for granted but also see that we have different needs some times which is why fab can be fun "

Think you knocked the nail on the head when you said not to take each other for granted think that works in friendship too....

over a year ago

Im cynical , wary ... and all of the ones that go with this.

I don't need to worry about it for a while anyway

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I could quite happily stay single....if it was not for the fact I would like children...

over a year ago

"I could quite happily stay single....if it was not for the fact I would like children... "

Ive a 17 year ole going spare if you want her...free to good home

over a year ago

I'm happier, stronger for all my experiences...

Rule number One: Talk to each other, and listen to each other....

Rule number Two: Assasinate interfering Mothers in law....

over a year ago

"I'm happier, stronger for all my experiences...

Rule number One: Talk to each other, and listen to each other....

Rule number Two: Assasinate interfering Mothers in law.... "

Im liking rule 2 much more better

over a year ago

"I could quite happily stay single....if it was not for the fact I would like children... "

Ahhhh ..... adopt

over a year ago

"I could quite happily stay single....if it was not for the fact I would like children...

Ahhhh ..... adopt "

Stop pressing post message when I haven't stopped replying

My daughter wants me to have another child so I said to her last night when we move Ill look into adoption. So many children need a loving home

I could get on my soap box but I wont

over a year ago

I'm very wary, cynical and cautious...... A past relationship did the damage

over a year ago

Can I also add that although I had a shit marriage, and yes it was really bad at some point if I could date I would.

Life is way too short for all the ' oh no think of what happened before' malarky

Whilst you're worrying the love of your life could walk up to you and then past you

over a year ago

In recent years theyve caused nothing but heart ache and in recent months as well! At the moment its just not worth it for me but eventually ill find someone that can handle my awesomeness

over a year ago

"In recent years theyve caused nothing but heart ache and in recent months as well! At the moment its just not worth it for me but eventually ill find someone that can handle my awesomeness "

so true! I know i deserve better. my head is held high. im not ruling one out but id never look for a relationship.

Im finding myself again after having my daughter.. im back to work and am feeling much better about my life and where my plans and dreams will take me.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"In recent years theyve caused nothing but heart ache and in recent months as well! At the moment its just not worth it for me but eventually ill find someone that can handle my awesomeness "

Agree!! It's even less likely now as I don't get the chance to meet people much since I had my son. I've been shit on too many times I don't trust people and I won't have guys in and out of my sons life x

over a year ago

"In recent years theyve caused nothing but heart ache and in recent months as well! At the moment its just not worth it for me but eventually ill find someone that can handle my awesomeness

Agree!! It's even less likely now as I don't get the chance to meet people much since I had my son. I've been shit on too many times I don't trust people and I won't have guys in and out of my sons life x "

same here

over a year ago

I have been with hubby since 14 married over 30 yrs I think we learnt not to crowed each other we talk a lot he has his life aswell as I have mine I never lie to him if he asks a full on question . I luv him dearly we know each other so well even the annoying little things he does think we have to remember we are individuals and allow each other there own space works for us very well and no he not into swinging but knows I am on here I hide nothing ...

over a year ago

Far as I'm aware it's still possible to be single and have children#singlemum

over a year ago

"Friendships, relationships, what have you learned from past ones?

Have they made you more cynical? wiser? wary? happier??? "

Surely gaining a true understanding of human nature is a lifelong project that will always remain an unfinished challange …

over a year ago

Wary, cynical, untrusting but trying.

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

I certainly don't ever see me having another 'relationship' with a man. That isn't being cynical that is being honest. Having my heart shattered into a million pieces has done that

Interestingly I am not more cautious over relationships with friend too...I take them at face value. experience has taught me that even female friends will use people for their own means and gains...

over a year ago

"Friendships, relationships, what have you learned from past ones?

Have they made you more cynical? wiser? wary? happier???

Surely gaining a true understanding of human nature is a lifelong project that will always remain an unfinished challange … "

I stopped trying to understand human nature a while ago, I now accept it for all its flaws and if I find a piece of it I don't like, I just walk away.

over a year ago

Relationships have (in the past) been the one thing that almost broke me, but through it I have a far better understanding of who I am.

A relationship can propel you to the dizzying heights of bliss or plumb the depths of despair - all through the power of words.

As for now? Id love another relationship with someone that wants to be with me for who I am - but not for what they can achieve or as a stepping stone for something better. I've fixed too many broken people in my life only to have them leave me for something they perceived as better.....

over a year ago

cynical, wiser, wary and happier too.

years ago people were more likely to stay married, one reason being that they didnt expect so much and a lot of women didnt have anywhere else to go

so people stayed together and made the most of it.Most married couple arent happy all the time same as single people arent, you have to take the good with the bad. my parents were always bickering and i wondered why they were together, then when my mum died my dad was devastated he realy missed her.

my hubby drives me mad sometimes but he has got good points and i doubt i would find anyone as nice as him ever, not going by the other men i have met

i wouldnt get involved with another man only as a friend, i wouldnt want to live alone as i am used to being with someone and i need a man to catch the spiders. i wouldnt expect too much though that way you arent disapointed.

Post new Message to Thread