Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

MARAKESH

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

BEEN TO MARAKESH A FEW TIMES....ATLAS MOUNTAINS,ESSAOUIRA, LOVE THE JEEMA EL FNA AND THE BUZZ FROM WALKING THROUGH THE EXOTIC SOUKS AT NIGHT, BUT WAS ALWAYS WITH A PARTNER, NOW I AM SINGLE I STILL WANT TO TRAVEL THERE BUT ALONE, ONLY THING THAT WORRIES ME IS THE SAFETY ASPECT AS MARAKESH ISNT EXACTLY THE MOST SAFEST FOR SINGLE WOMEN TRAVELLING ! AS GOT FELT UP,HARRASED AND FOLLOWED BEFORE AND THATS ME BEING ACCOMPANIED BY A 6FT 3 PARTNER YEARS AGO SO WILL I COME BACK IN ONE PIECE OR END UP BEING DRAGGED INTO THE DESERT ON TOP OF A CAMEL....X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Loud Noises!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Why the capitals?!! Really "shouty" and hard to read!

I went to Marrakech last September on my own. My family, including my ex-husband thought I was having a mid life crisis! Apart from nearly having a stroke taking the Tiz n Ticha pass through the Atlas Mountains it was a blast.

However, I travelled with Travelsphere. I was able to travel with the small group to places like Ourika Valley, Eoussoria etc yet with the independence to wander off on my own.

I loved it!

over a year ago

We went to Marrakech last year and although it is worth experiencing we found it to be the dirtiest smelliest place we have ever been, it really is the provebal shit hole ! We were I'll and I mean really I'll for five weeks . We also went into the atlas mountains and found them very dull too although it was a day trip to a Burbur village , again a dirty smelly place .

over a year ago

"Why the capitals?!! Really "shouty" and hard to read!

I went to Marrakech last September on my own. My family, including my ex-husband thought I was having a mid life crisis! Apart from nearly having a stroke taking the Tiz n Ticha pass through the Atlas Mountains it was a blast.

However, I travelled with Travelsphere. I was able to travel with the small group to places like Ourika Valley, Eoussoria etc yet with the independence to wander off on my own.

I loved it!"

Grooving the hat Miss T

over a year ago

Yikes I didn't realise using capital letters on my first forum post would upset someone ! I am sending my humble apologies

over a year ago

"Yikes I didn't realise using capital letters on my first forum post would upset someone ! I am sending my humble apologies

"

Its never difficult to upset someone in here. But i agree it is hard to read x

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"We went to Marrakech last year and although it is worth experiencing we found it to be the dirtiest smelliest place we have ever been, it really is the provebal shit hole ! We were I'll and I mean really I'll for five weeks . We also went into the atlas mountains and found them very dull too although it was a day trip to a Burbur village , again a dirty smelly place . "

Some people really shouldn't leave home!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Why the capitals?!! Really "shouty" and hard to read!

I loved it!

Grooving the hat Miss T "

Lol, if you can't beat em...

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Yikes I didn't realise using capital letters on my first forum post would upset someone ! I am sending my humble apologies

"

That's better!

over a year ago

Right what ever keeps you happy....zzz

PS any chance of sticking to the main subject matter PLEASE ??

Thanks

over a year ago

What a place

It has everything , culture , history , sun sex drugs if you want

Men sipping tea sat aft watching premier league live

Turn a corner , Jesus and the disciples go past on donkeys , club med modern

Traditional Riyadh s

Atlas Mountains trip pulled over for photo shoot nearly mugged by dagger selling pedlars

Def no place for single women

Could awake in sex slave trade

We walked back from restaurant one night flanked by Ali baba thieves made the wives walk ahead our fists clenched

Luckily locals saw us and warned

We do travel to these places !!!!!!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Right what ever keeps you happy....zzz

Thanks"

Good luck with that!

Welcome to the forums! x

over a year ago

"Loud Noises!"

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

See if there are any organised trips so you don't have to travel into the city on your own - i'd say that in a lot of places you need to be careful as a single lady, i wouldn't it let you stop travelling - good luck. Z

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/05/13 22:13:24]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/05/13 22:26:01]

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Right what ever keeps you happy....zzz

Thanks"

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

If I were that concerned I simply wouldn't go......

over a year ago

if everybody had that mind set nobody would take risks. Risk assesments do not cancel the risk, just minimise it. People who don't take ANY risk must lead a very sheltered and mundane life, so some risk is required on a daily basis to live an interesting life, not a life just existing.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I have been there....never saw it as a risk personally.

Loved it

over a year ago

"if everybody had that mind set nobody would take risks. Risk assesments do not cancel the risk, just minimise it. People who don't take ANY risk must lead a very sheltered and mundane life, so some risk is required on a daily basis to live an interesting life, not a life just existing."

Agree 100% ! I travelled through both Jordan and Morocco last year - but both with small groups - I did spend a day in marrakesh and felt fine ! Would love to go back sometime ! Maybe we could join forces !

over a year ago

Ok I will take u up on that offer of being a potential travel buddy, don't worry I wont sell you at the market ! will mail u privately with my number

is that ok ?

over a year ago

oops sorry just realised you don't accept mail from single F

over a year ago

Im going with a girl friend later in the year. We are staying at a resort just outside as felt that would be safer at night. Can't wait

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I've been to Marrakeech three times now (and I still can't bloody spell it). Once as a single female. I didn't have any problems at all. Locals were very respectful towards me, and although I received the same sort of attention, when I said No, it was respected and I was left alone.

I had more trouble when I went with my male friend. Stall holders telling me to ask my husband if I was allowed to buy something. A waitress bringing me hot chocolate the same as my husband even though I requested coffee. He wasn't even my husband!!!

over a year ago

"oops sorry just realised you don't accept mail from single F"

Nor did I lol! Have changed it

Post new Message to Thread