Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Statute of limitations...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

With all this Max Cliford, Rolf Harris stuff going on started to agree, that a statute of limitations might be appropriate in some types of case.

I'm not saying sexual assualt is one of the situations but...

Should people always be able to make hazy accusations about events that happened 20 or 30 years ago?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

It's a difficult one... but if I had to pick between yes and no... I'd go with no... just.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yes i think they should.

over a year ago

"It's a difficult one... but if I had to pick between yes and no... I'd go with no... just."

+1

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

A crime is a crime whenever it's reported.

Just because it was 20-30 years ago (or more) doesn't make it acceptable or any less real for the person it happened to.

Those that leave it that long however, have to accept that evidence and therefore a conviction are much less likely.

*Her*

over a year ago

"A crime is a crime whenever it's reported.

Just because it was 20-30 years ago (or more) doesn't make it acceptable or any less real for the person it happened to.

Those that leave it that long however, have to accept that evidence and therefore a conviction are much less likely.

*Her*"

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"A crime is a crime whenever it's reported.

*Her*"

Also - many childhood sexual abuse cases only come to light when that child has become an adult as they are too scared or ashamed to tell anyone. They may have even tried in the past and not been believed. There are many reasons why people remain silent.

Post new Message to Thread