Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Another dog attack ends in fatality

Jump to newest

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Just read of a 79 year old man in Liverpool having been killed by a neighbour's dog in his own garden. Two women have been arrested under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

I have to admit that strange dogs, especially off the lead, really make me nervous. I have been attacked a few times, though never seriously, thankfully.

So, what can be done about it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

When ? Recently ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

S'okay im reading it now

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"When ? Recently ?"

It happened in Clubmoor, Liverpool around 8.40pm last night.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Just read of a 79 year old man in Liverpool having been killed by a neighbour's dog in his own garden. Two women have been arrested under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

I have to admit that strange dogs, especially off the lead, really make me nervous. I have been attacked a few times, though never seriously, thankfully.

So, what can be done about it?"

simple shoot the fucking owners

iv had staffs an so called dangerous dogs all my life an both my kids from being babys have been around them an from all my experience with them I can honestly conclude theres no such thing as dangerous dogs but by fuck theres dangerous owners !!!!!!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dont blame the breed blame the owner simple

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Dont blame the breed blame the owner simple"

over a year ago

"Just read of a 79 year old man in Liverpool having been killed by a neighbour's dog in his own garden. Two women have been arrested under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

Well for starters it's often nothing to do with the dog itself - it's the owners - I really believe that.

People need to learn to properly look after and train their dogs. This takes months of constant effort and time, which appears these people aren't willing to give/do.

over a year ago

iv had staffs an so called dangerous dogs all my life an both my kids from being babys have been around them an from all my experience with them I can honestly conclude theres no such thing as dangerous dogs but by fuck theres dangerous owners !!!!!!!!"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I agree about owners but why scapegoat them ?

Blame breeders who breed bandogs and pitbulls - these breeds are dangerous even with careful rearing and shouldn't be kept as pets.

Blame societies and governments that allow the breeding of dangerous dogs.

Blame societies and governments that allow the owning of dangerous dogs.

Blame anyone who has not been active in working against the breeding and ownership of dangerous dogs.

Until everyone stands up - nothing happens.

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

we feel that a lot of dog owners now only want a dog as a weapon, not as a pet

over a year ago

I have to very soft collies but there was a story a couple of years ago about a collie killing a child its not all staffies. Staffies are great dogs when well trained i even believe pittbull types are the same just a shame muppets tend to own these breeds

over a year ago

Yeah. I believe an owner makes the dog.

My dogs (2 alsations) people are scared of alsatians and in some cases rightly so. But my dogs listen to me.

If they are thinking of being aggressive, I know they are because they look at me first..especially Saracen.

They are always under control.

Good dogs.

Its when the owners bring them up to be aggressive is the problem, its kind of like a social thing.

"Ive got an aggressive dog..im fucking hard. " utter bellends.

Yeah, those types must be feeling real secure about themselves.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

iv had staffs an so called dangerous dogs all my life an both my kids from being babys have been around them an from all my experience with them I can honestly conclude theres no such thing as dangerous dogs but by fuck theres dangerous owners !!!!!!!!"

I think shooting the owners may be slightly illegal!

I too have owned a Staffie. He was well-bred and well-disciplined. Had him for 11 years before he was stolen from my garden.

However, my brother had an English Bull. He paid a lot of money so he could get a well-bred dog. Went to a lot of trouble to train it and it became highly aggressive. He took it to the vet for advice but, apart from castration which was no guarantee, the vet could think of no solution. As my brother had a child at the time he did not want such a dangerous dog around. No one wanted it - he couldn't even give it away. In the end the dog had to be destroyed, which upset my brother a great deal but he had to keep his child safe.

It turned out that the breeders had been kicked out of the Kennel Club after they had sold him the dog as a number of the dogs they bred had turned out aggressive, and one even attacked a judge at a dog show.

Even the most conscientious owner can end up with a dangerous dog.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

over a year ago

I'm not a dog owner , so my knowledge of them is limited. However, are we saying that the breeds on the dangerous dogs list are, regardless of owners , have no more propensity to such attacks as other none listed breeds?.

I know owners who have them mainly for their attack capabilities, is this bullshit or a fact .

Variables need to be factored in . Owners , situation ect, but do these breeds make up a higher percentage of fatalities than no e listed breeds?.

I do not know but I would be I would be interested in being I formed.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm not a dog owner , so my knowledge of them is limited. However, are we saying that the breeds on the dangerous dogs list are, regardless of owners , have no more propensity to such attacks as other none listed breeds?.

I know owners who have them mainly for their attack capabilities, is this bullshit or a fact .

Variables need to be factored in . Owners , situation ect, but do these breeds make up a higher percentage of fatalities than no e listed breeds?.

I do not know but I would be I would be interested in being I formed. "

I have no idea but it is a good question. Staffs are considered a dangerous dog - but mine was utterly soft. He even let burglars in! However, I have been attacked by a bloody labrador which was really aggressive and scared the bejeesus out of me!

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

iv had staffs an so called dangerous dogs all my life an both my kids from being babys have been around them an from all my experience with them I can honestly conclude theres no such thing as dangerous dogs but by fuck theres dangerous owners !!!!!!!!

I too have owned a Staffie. He was well-bred and well-disciplined. Had him for 11 years before he was stolen from my garden.

However, my brother had an English Bull. He paid a lot of money so he could get a well-bred dog. Went to a lot of trouble to train it and it became highly aggressive. He took it to the vet for advice but, apart from castration which was no guarantee, the vet could think of no solution. As my brother had a child at the time he did not want such a dangerous dog around. No one wanted it - he couldn't even give it away. In the end the dog had to be destroyed, which upset my brother a great deal but he had to keep his child safe.

It turned out that the breeders had been kicked out of the Kennel Club after they had sold him the dog as a number of the dogs they bred had turned out aggressive, and one even attacked a judge at a dog show.

Even the most conscientious owner can end up with a dangerous dog."

nobody said it had to be legal ask the poor old sad whos just been eaten if he cares about legal or not

over a year ago

"I'm not a dog owner , so my knowledge of them is limited. However, are we saying that the breeds on the dangerous dogs list are, regardless of owners , have no more propensity to such attacks as other none listed breeds?.

I have no idea but it is a good question. Staffs are considered a dangerous dog - but mine was utterly soft. He even let burglars in! However, I have been attacked by a bloody labrador which was really aggressive and scared the bejeesus out of me!"

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Even the most conscientious owner can end up with a dangerous dog.

nobody said it had to be legal ask the poor old sad whos just been eaten if he cares about legal or not "

It's not a likely or realistic solution though, is it?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

That's what they all say!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I agree about owners but why scapegoat them ?

Blame breeders who breed bandogs and pitbulls - these breeds are dangerous even with careful rearing and shouldn't be kept as pets.

Blame societies and governments that allow the breeding of dangerous dogs.

Blame societies and governments that allow the owning of dangerous dogs.

Blame anyone who has not been active in working against the breeding and ownership of dangerous dogs.

Until everyone stands up - nothing happens. "

There you go!

By *oxerjoshleeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Like the other poster I had a dog that was trained and handled to the letter but became very protective of my kids which made him a danger to anyone who came into contact with my kids including their friends. He was a very large dog too. As responsible owners we took precautions to prevent anyone coming to harm.

Some breeds (especially bull breeds) have a huge pack mentality and no amount of training can remove that, they are animals after all.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

in my an reading this thread most ppl opinion is the bread doesent matter a jot although I do take on board the posters view with regards to english bulls I had 1 a while back an no matter what I did it would attack anything moving including myself neadless to say its now in doggie hell the little twat

a oldish woman I know a custemer of mine has a minichure yorkie an belive me uv gota be 1 brave soul to go near that little sod teath like needle an by fuck its not afread to use em nasty little sod

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

in my an reading this thread most ppl opinion is the bread doesent matter a jot although I do take on board the posters view with regards to english bulls I had 1 a while back an no matter what I did it would attack anything moving including myself neadless to say its now in doggie hell the little twat

a oldish woman I know a custemer of mine has a minichure yorkie an belive me uv gota be 1 brave soul to go near that little sod teath like needle an by fuck its not afread to use em nasty little sod

over a year ago

I have no idea but it is a good question. Staffs are considered a dangerous dog - but mine was utterly soft. He even let burglars in! However, I have been attacked by a bloody labrador which was really aggressive and scared the bejeesus out of me!"

I spoke with an owner recently . Dog was very friendly, so I asked if its I'm to pat it.

He said no, nothi g personal but I don't want her to become conditioned to being friendly with anyone else but me.

I guess this falls under the ' owners conditioning catagory'

A vet once told me. Dogs are pack animals by nature , a d therefore all dogs , under the wrong circumstances , have the ability to lash out and attack.

Again, I'm not qualified to agree / disagree with this statement.

Regardless, its a horrible way to die . Poor old fella .

over a year ago

I have no idea but it is a good question. Staffs are considered a dangerous dog - but mine was utterly soft. He even let burglars in! However, I have been attacked by a bloody labrador which was really aggressive and scared the bejeesus out of me!

I spoke with an owner recently . Dog was very friendly, so I asked if its I'm to pat it.

He said no, nothi g personal but I don't want her to become conditioned to being friendly with anyone else but me.

A vet once told me. Dogs are pack animals by nature , a d therefore all dogs , under the wrong circumstances , have the ability to lash out and attack.

Regardless, its a horrible way to die . Poor old fella . "

So how does he want the dog to react?

Sounds like a point's been proved here.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

That's what they all say! "

if thats what we all say stands to reasen we cant all be wrong

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Regardless, its a horrible way to die . Poor old fella . "

I agree- and I think that is where some owners get it wrong. A lot on here are assuming that dangerous dogs have irresponsible owners who have them as some kind of weapon or status symbol. In fact, there can often be a very good family dog which can turn seemingly without warning as the owners treat it like a 'member of the family'. And this is a huge mistake. A dog needs to be at the bottom of the pack - always. If not, then when it feels its position to be under threat it will attack. Dogs are not people and do not think like people.

My dog was below even the cat. He was fed last - always. He was not allowed on the furniture. He knew exactly where he belonged and was secure in that. Rarely seen a happier dog.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

if thats what we all say stands to reasen we cant all be wrong "

We don't ALL say it, though, do we?

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I agree- and I think that is where some owners get it wrong. A lot on here are assuming that dangerous dogs have irresponsible owners who have them as some kind of weapon or status symbol. In fact, there can often be a very good family dog which can turn seemingly without warning as the owners treat it like a 'member of the family'. And this is a huge mistake. A dog needs to be at the bottom of the pack - always. If not, then when it feels its position to be under threat it will attack. Dogs are not people and do not think like people.

My dog was below even the cat. He was fed last - always. He was not allowed on the furniture. He knew exactly where he belonged and was secure in that. Rarely seen a happier dog."

quite right too an mine have always been the same bottem of the pack an happy as a pig in mood for it

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

if thats what we all say stands to reasen we cant all be wrong "

Think this thread, another poor sod killed by dogs, proves you're all delusional!

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

if thats what we all say stands to reasen we cant all be wrong

Think this thread, another poor sod killed by dogs, proves you're all delusional! "

you leave my delusions alone find ur own.........I find I sence of humor often helps

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

My dog was below even the cat. He was fed last - always. He was not allowed on the furniture. He knew exactly where he belonged and was secure in that. Rarely seen a happier dog."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

All dogs are pack animals, regardless of the breed..

when you take one or more into your home one of you takes the role of pack leader..

love them and look after them but they have a place, personally i dont think that is on the furniture or 'your' bed as it may blur the boundaries the animal requires to know where it is in the pack..

as Granny said, its a social issue which needs sorting from the 'top' down..

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"All dogs are pack animals, regardless of the breed..

when you take one or more into your home one of you takes the role of pack leader..

love them and look after them but they have a place, personally i dont think that is on the furniture or 'your' bed as it may blur the boundaries the animal requires to know where it is in the pack..

as Granny said, its a social issue which needs sorting from the 'top' down.. "

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"All dogs are pack animals, regardless of the breed..

as Granny said, its a social issue which needs sorting from the 'top' down.. "

I agree - and I think the Dangerous Dogs Act was a dogs dinner of a piece of legislation. So, what is the solution? How do we minimise such terrible events?

over a year ago

i think small dogs r the worst for showing aggression ,

i walk my dog every day and i can not take him on some roads because of small dogs trying to bit him , one dog got hold of my dogs ear and wudnt let go and the dogs ower was standing watching saying and doing notting , so took matters into my own hands and kick the cunt in the head , needless to say he let go

over a year ago

"i think small dogs r the worst for showing aggression ,

i walk my dog every day and i can not take him on some roads because of small dogs trying to bit him , one dog got hold of my dogs ear and wudnt let go and the dogs ower was standing watching saying and doing notting , so took matters into my own hands and kick the cunt in the head , needless to say he let go "

also i invested in a electric dog fence to keep him in our property . i think everone with a dog sud be made get one

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Not a dog owner, but have family and friends who have big dogs including Akitas, Rotties, Husky type (can't remember the proper name) and Shepherds - my opinion is that any dog can turn, but the way the dog is treated by its owners can make this less likely...our rescue Boxer when I was a wean pinned our Doctor up against the fireplace when he gave my little sister an injection that made her cry - he didn't attempt to hurt him, only to stop him hurting our kid, and as soon as Mam told him to get down, he did. The only dog I've been attacked by was a chihuahua - wouldn't have one of those little feckers for all the tea in China

over a year ago

I have just seen this on the news and apparently they have arrested 2 women for keeping a dangerous dog. The only way to reduce it is to licence animals and have much stricter penalties for people who do.

over a year ago

Here are some dog attack statistics from 2007 by breed :

Akita 48

Bulldog (English) 16

Bull mastiff 30

Boxer 31

Chow 49

Doberman 11

Dogue de Bordeaux 2

German shepherd 63

Great Dane 24

Husky 39

Labrador 26

Mastiff 16

Pit bull terrier 1110

Rottweiler 409

Who would have thought the teddy bear looking Chow would be 3 times more likely to attack than the Bulldog ?

Would you be more scared being faced by a Dogue de Bordeaux or a labrador ?

Probably, but who who have thought that you were 10 times more likely to be attacked by a lab.

And labradors attacked twice as many times as dobermans.

The figures for pit bulls and rottweilers are alarming in comparison to the others however.

Obviously these are just figures, but what they do demonstrate is that dogs that are seen as 'non dangerous' and nice friendly family pets DO attack too !

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Akita 48

Bulldog (English) 16

Bull mastiff 30

Boxer 31

Chow 49

Doberman 11

Dogue de Bordeaux 2

German shepherd 63

They come in threes 72

Great Dane 24

Husky 39

Labrador 26

Mastiff 16

Pit bull terrier 1110

Rottweiler 409

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Do three times as many people own a Chow than an English Bulldog ?

Statistics n all that

over a year ago

"Do three times as many people own a Chow than an English Bulldog ?

Statistics n all that "

doubt it

hence this bit

'Obviously these are just figures, but what they do demonstrate is that dogs that are seen as 'non dangerous' and nice friendly family pets DO attack too !'

over a year ago

Any dog has the potential to kill.

I worry about my neighbours as they have many big dogs and many small kids. who all seem to be screaming and barking in the garden.

One day something is gonna happen because of the owners neglecting the fact, their animals may attack .

Those who have dogs that they dont take care of or who let off a lead should be proscuted to the max.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

All dogs have the capacity to be aggressive and dangerous. Until last year, I would never have considered getting a rottweiler. However, in December our 8 week old lad came home and I never regretted it. It has meant constant training, taking him to puppy classes and working all the time, with a few frights along the way, but it's as much about me as an owner as it is about him. He is a big softy, loves people, other dogs and children, but I have to remember that whilst I am used to him, others aren't so consideration is the key for happy walking and a happy dog.

over a year ago

I own a staff he is as soft as a brush he's been brought up round my kids but I wouldn't trust him or any dog 100% even calm dogs can bite when in pain or scared

over a year ago

I met my neighbour in the street last year and she announced she now had two horses ........i said what ...in the f..ing garden ???? she says nooooooooooo . i wouldnt put it past her..

they could stay with the 5 dogs, 11 cats and assorted guinea pigs and rabbits. now occupying a very small space.

over a year ago

I do not trust my dog with anyone or anything but me.

He is handled accordingly.

I was out walking him on a field the other week and there was a couple on their with 2 dogs, 1 was a mastiff type, both off leads (mine is NEVER off a lead outside the house)

3 times that dog came lolloping over and 3 times he sauntered over after it, not a care in the world.

It was a good 30 seconds away from us in dog running time so not nearby and a deliberate rather than playful approach, yet he didn't even consider putting it on a lead until I barked at him to have some fkin control over the thing.

I do ask myself at times who controls who.

A return to the values of master and dog rather than owner and dog is perhaps wise.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Some people should read all posts :P

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Maybe it time to adopt the principle that people don't have an automatic right to have a dog and that only those with good reason should be allowed to have a dog, especially in urban areas.

over a year ago

Noone has thought of the other side the coin. The reports so far don't even mention the dogs breed.

What if the old guy had a grudge against the dog or owners and had been tormenting the dog. As someone said they are only animals afterall

Withouit full facts noone can really answer the op question

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Noone has thought of the other side the coin. The reports so far don't even mention the dogs breed.

What if the old guy had a grudge against the dog or owners and had been tormenting the dog. As someone said they are only animals afterall

Withouit full facts noone can really answer the op question"

not sure you can argue the other side of the coin when a person is dead..

people surmising one way or the other of course is just that..

but a person is dead here, even if they as you suggest 'had a grudge'..

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Noone has thought of the other side the coin. The reports so far don't even mention the dogs breed.

Withouit full facts noone can really answer the op question"

Women have been arrested for keeping a dangerous dog .... That would mean it's one of the banned breeds ?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Women have been arrested for keeping a dangerous dog .... That would mean it's one of the banned breeds ?"

I don't think so.

It can be a dangerous dog without being from a banned breed but if it's a banned breed, it's dangerous (whether it is or not).

By *reenonionsMan
over a year ago

Nr Exeter

This is funny, first few responses particularly.

Kinda reminds me of pro gun lobbies in the states, guns don't kill - its people pulling the trigger.

Think carefully - no training will ever remove all the risk so remove the risk - simples

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"All dogs have the capacity to be aggressive and dangerous. Until last year, I would never have considered getting a rottweiler. However, in December our 8 week old lad came home and I never regretted it. It has meant constant training, taking him to puppy classes and working all the time, with a few frights along the way, but it's as much about me as an owner as it is about him. He is a big softy, loves people, other dogs and children, but I have to remember that whilst I am used to him, others aren't so consideration is the key for happy walking and a happy dog. "

Same here - my dog was a big puppy all his life. But I always kept him on a full harness if there were people or other dogs around simply because he was a big bugger and looked bloody scary. Why should my dog make others afraid? I knew he wouldn't attack them but THEY didn't know that and people have the right to walk in public and FEEL safe.

over a year ago

"

I'm not saying he deserved to die.. But I can't see how u can only blame the owners, blame the dog or make any assumption or judgement without hardly any facts.

All I'm saying is cos he died it doesn't mean he was totally faultless or that he isn't a part of the events that lead to the dog losing control.

The way everyone is speaking they are reacting as if he had potted out into his garden and was asleep in a deck chair when the dog jumped the fence and attacked him.

How can anyone make any kind of assumption with no facts?

over a year ago

Women have been arrested for keeping a dangerous dog .... That would mean it's one of the banned breeds ?"

They were arrested under the dangerous dog act for having a dog out of control on private land that wasn't theirs.

Being arrested means they are being questioned, not that any guilty charges have been put on them

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

I'm not saying he deserved to die.. But I can't see how u can only blame the owners, blame the dog or make any assumption or judgement without hardly any facts.

All I'm saying is cos he died it doesn't mean he was totally faultless or that he isn't a part of the events that lead to the dog losing control.

The way everyone is speaking they are reacting as if he had potted out into his garden and was asleep in a deck chair when the dog jumped the fence and attacked him.

How can anyone make any kind of assumption with no facts?"

This is what the report I read said about it - though, of course, it will not have the full facts:

"One neighbour told the Liverpool Echo: 'He was a lovely, sweet old man. He had put a pan of Scouse on and went to his friend's home.

'When he went back the kitchen had become smoky so he opened the back door and as he opened the back door the dog was there. He was a lovely fella. It's so sad.' "

over a year ago

in Lancashire

How can anyone make any kind of assumption with no facts?"

not suggesting you are saying he deserved to die, but this is about an elderly man and a dog..

the dog will also be dead by now..

i did not blame the owners, but at the end of the day they are solely responsible for their dog..

you seem to be saying other's should not surmise yet seem happy enough to do so yourself..

maybe as you suggest, wait for the facts..

and i will repeat however this happened a man is dead and thats clearly wrong..

the Police have arrested them for alledged manslaughter by the way..

not just lack of control of a dangerous dog or whatever the appropriate holding arrest may be..

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

At the very least the dog should have been kept under better control and should not have been free to get into another private property.

over a year ago

Only pets I have are reptiles. Astounds me how many people are terrified of a couple of small snakes but own a dog. "What if it attacks you or the kids?" they ask me. Then i/they will have a couple of pin holes in my/their arm.

"What if your dog attacks you or your kids?"

Illogical fears are strange.

over a year ago

We have had staffys for years and people were always scared of them when they come to do work on the house. No one ever believes me when I tell them they were 1 of only 4 breads to be recommended by kennel club to have with kids. They are loving and loyal dogs. All these idiots beating them and training them to fight need put down. The dog shelters are full of Staffies because of irresponsible breeders and owners

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"

They were arrested under the dangerous dog act for having a dog out of control on private land that wasn't theirs.

Being arrested means they are being questioned, not that any guilty charges have been put on them"

Guilty charges?

Only a court...magistrate or jury at a Crown Court can decide guilt. Charges are made by the police with CPS approval.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

Being arrested means they are being questioned, not that any guilty charges have been put on them

Guilty charges?

Only a court...magistrate or jury at a Crown Court can decide guilt. Charges are made by the police with CPS approval. "

Until we know more details all we can say is that their possible culpability (if they are the owners) lies in the fact that the dog was on someone else's property. Beyond that we have no idea. The police evidently have felt there may be enough of a case to arrest them. But whether it will go further than that is to be discovered.

over a year ago

How can anyone make any kind of assumption with no facts?

not suggesting you are saying he deserved to die, but this is about an elderly man and a dog..

the dog will also be dead by now..

i did not blame the owners, but at the end of the day they are solely responsible for their dog..

you seem to be saying other's should not surmise yet seem happy enough to do so yourself..

maybe as you suggest, wait for the facts..

and i will repeat however this happened a man is dead and thats clearly wrong..

the Police have arrested them for alledged manslaughter by the way..

not just lack of control of a dangerous dog or whatever the appropriate holding arrest may be.."

All I've done is sumerise how it has come across and a couple of scenarios.. I've not in anyway said this is what must of happened

All I've mainly saiod is u can't answer the ops question fairly on the very little facts.

Yes owners should be responsible I've not denied that, but what is the full story here.. Some people are making out the owners of this dog to be thugs who wanna look hard! How can anyone say that when there is nothing been said of it

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

According to the papers he was cooking his dinner in his own house. He burnt the lamb and opened his back door and the dogs, allegedly attracted by the smell attacked him.

Attacked...in...HIS...home. How a "grudge" fits into that scenario eludes me.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Some people are making out the owners of this dog to be thugs who wanna look hard! How can anyone say that when there is nothing been said of it"

probably the same way some can equally say there may have been tormenting of the dog..

over a year ago

while it is horrific, I tend to go on the basis these things happen quite rarely

we dont ban cars..and I'm sure there are more more deaths from them...and of course its mainly the owner at fault

all dogs are dangerous, all animals are essentially potentially dangerous

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

This is a report from the BBC News website:

Two women are being questioned on suspicion of manslaughter after a 79-year-old man was fatally injured by an "out-of-control" dog in Liverpool.

Merseyside Police said the dog was destroyed after Clifford Clarke was attacked in Richard Kelly Close, Clubmoor, at 20:40 BST on Saturday.

The women, aged 27 and 28 and from Clubmoor, were arrested after Mr Clarke was found in his garden.

A post-mortem examination of his body is taking place.

Police said the dog was out of control when officers arrived at the house and found the injured man in the garden.

Mr Clarke was later pronounced dead in hospital. The breed of dog has not been confirmed but nearby residents said it looked like a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Neighbours reported screams while others thought a dog fight was taking place.

Mr Clarke, who was reportedly cooking some food prior to the attack, told neighbours his fence had been damaged by dogs.

The BBC understands neighbours had reported "out-of-control dogs" jumping over fences in the area.

The two women were originally detained under the section of the Dangerous Dogs Act that relates to an owner or a person in charge of the dog allowing it to enter a private property where it is not permitted to be and the animal injures a person.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Women have been arrested for keeping a dangerous dog .... That would mean it's one of the banned breeds ?

Being arrested means they are being questioned, not that any guilty charges have been put on them"

I said arrested.

Post new Message to Thread