Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Last post from us xxx

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We have decided to break up I'm the male half and will be leavening this scene altogether. When I've recovered from the pain of a breakup do you reckon I'll do alright on a dating site never used one or had to but probably will do now as all my mates have moved on and dedicated all my time to this relationship. I don't wanna be on my own as I know my partner will be ok. Do you reckon I'll get any intrest on dating sites?..

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Get over this relationship before you even think of dating again...there is nothing worse than being a rebound date...

Reply privately

By *o-jCouple
over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

Sorry to hear the news , hope the future goes well for the pair of you .

xxx

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree. Give yourself time to grief this relationship. But I promise you you will be fine

X

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Get over this relationship before you even think of dating again...there is nothing worse than being a rebound date..."

I agree

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dedicate some quality time for yourself to get over things before you get involved with someone again. Hope things work okay for you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your young. Why rush straight back into dating and a relationship. Take time out. Get over your heartbreak and have fun.

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Get over this relationship before you even think of dating again...there is nothing worse than being a rebound date..."

I wouldn't either be thinking about it now. You'll know when the time is right to move on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah but I'm just worried about ending up alone my worst nightmare. I dunno what to do as I went from being a proper lad to being in full committed relationship now all my mates I used to go out with moved on

Reply privately

over a year ago

On the plus side, at least you didn;t waste anytime listening to the advice about your profile on the many threads on the subject...

Seriously I hope it all works out for you. Based on the tone of this thread get some help with your self esteem. And maybe stick around the site as a single, you come across as a decent guy and there are worse places to be than on this site.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It hurts I'm walking away from kids and I do truly love my other half we just argue constantly and I feel I hate her when arguin but deep inside I love her as we both sacrificed so much and been through so much. But our relationship feel really toxic right now.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Yeah but I'm just worried about ending up alone my worst nightmare. I dunno what to do as I went from being a proper lad to being in full committed relationship now all my mates I used to go out with moved on "

We all have those fears..I am the only single one left out of my vanilla friends and hardly see them...However I have made some awesome friends on here and regardless if they are in a relationship we make time to catch up... More so than my vanilla friends who never want to do anything...Just take it easy and don't panic you are young enjoy it while you can....It will all happen when its meant to no point rushing as you will then become desperate and go into something that makes you unhappy..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah but I'm just worried about ending up alone my worst nightmare. I dunno what to do as I went from being a proper lad to being in full committed relationship now all my mates I used to go out with moved on "

Find some new friends whether its through work or through friends that are single.

I'm 34 and the last thing I worry about is I'm gonna end up alone and I'm older than you.

I came out a 10 year relationship and tried a bit of dating, but the last 2 years I've enjoyed being single and not even went on one date.

People find love at all different ages, my dad is remarrying at 60.

Concentrate on your self esteem and happiness.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You've got plenty of tone to find love. Dating sites aren't that different then in here, when you're ready give one of the free ones a try line plenty of fish. The rules are a little different to fab and the male female ratio us more balanced. I never have any joy on dating sites, but a lot of my friends have, one even met her husband on a free site.

Listen to what people have says though, take find time and don't rush into a rebound relationship x

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"It hurts I'm walking away from kids and I do truly love my other half we just argue constantly and I feel I hate her when arguin but deep inside I love her as we both sacrificed so much and been through so much. But our relationship feel really toxic right now. "

Well if you both still love each other don't you think maybe some time apart but discussing your problems might be a good idea if you just argue all the time?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cheers guys I'm not normally this soppy just wanted to anonamasly get some advice. Xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

But if I didn't come across as a love sick sap on here I'm asking would any of you guys give me a second look or is socials the place to be... I'm prob gonna travel a bit cus that's something I regretted I never did before I settled down.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Id agree with what other posters have said, get over your break up first and concentrate on friends. If your friends are all coupled up then you can still have lads nights out with the male halves some nights at the age you are and perhaps even make new ones.

I wouldn't worry that you won't find another relationship, you miss the comfort and bonds you felt sure, but if you rush into another one for the sake of being in a relationship then you'll subconsciously be comparing it to your last one, rather than appreciating its own merits.

Besides I wouldn't worry about whether you'll succeed on a dating site. You're not bad looking and sensitive enough, plus dating sites are like fab flipped upside down, most women long for a relationship and vastly outnumber men for this reason. While a lot of women will struggle on sites like these (I wonder if any start moaning "why can't I get any dates?" threads lol) single guys are really appreciated and your biggest problem on a dating site will be the one faced by single ladies on here; keeping on top of a ridiculous amount of mail!

Good luck mate, I know it seems painful right now, but you'll be fine!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It hurts I'm walking away from kids and I do truly love my other half we just argue constantly and I feel I hate her when arguin but deep inside I love her as we both sacrificed so much and been through so much. But our relationship feel really toxic right now. "

If you love each other, and it's worth it work at it seriously, get off here because it isn't going to answer the problems in your relationship, try making some time for each other, get the kids looked after once a month and go away and have some relationship time, have you explored all the avenues? Have you tried counceling? It's not all that scary and can really help, i feel you need to work on your apparent self esteem problem and really knock that on the head it's obvious you value your missus looks but dude look in the mirror your a top looking guy too, there's an old saying 'you must love yourself before you can truely love another' I've been in similar shoes to yourself but I didn't give up until I knew I had tried absolutely everything, more so for the kids benefit, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, I'm now a single dad (my missus lives with her mum still) but it took me 7 years to pick myself back up, good luck dude and don't walk away until you know there is no other option, my apologies if I am presuming for some part of this but if it helps then great x

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you truly love each other, take a break and hide your profile, just reading your prior posts I would say it is obvious to me that your relationship has been in crisis for sometime though.

Openness, communication, trust and transparency is the only way a relationship can survive imo.

Good luck to you for the future. Try to think of what you would like to do for you and not take strangers advice who don't actually know you.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Let the embers of this relationship cool before even consider dating! Get to know you, enjoy your own company, sit around in your boxers watching Jet Li films, eat cold pizza for breakfast, get over her before you inflict yourself on some poor unsuspecting cow. Rebound lovers are NOT fun, I'm still bearing the scares of being that poor unsuspecting cow!

Like all loss, you do get over it.

Good luck!

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Not being funny but I've food in my cupboard older than you! I wouldn't worry about ending up in Sunny Pines Nursing Home for the Bewildered just yet!

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

i hope you ll be back eventually .. the chat and community in the forums can be a great comfort and apart from the odd trolls everyone is rooting for everyone else just take your time and follow your heart im probably twice your age so there is always hope and time

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cheers guys chin up lol at least I'd get time for gym now without getting it in the neck lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/05/13 20:57:58]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah but I'm just worried about ending up alone my worst nightmare. I dunno what to do as I went from being a proper lad to being in full committed relationship now all my mates I used to go out with moved on

Not being funny but I've food in my cupboard older than you! I wouldn't worry about ending up in Sunny Pines Nursing Home for the Bewildered just yet! "

I live in Sunny Pines. It's lovely here. They make me use plastic cutlery though. :-S

Op, stick around. The forums are fun and you can perve the pics and umm whatever single blokes do on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm now on the market for a conger who owns a nice big house I can live in and a few nice cars to drive so I can give up work point me the way

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think your priorities should be your children rather than working out how quickly you're going to get your end away.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I'm now on the market for a conger who owns a nice big house I can live in and a few nice cars to drive so I can give up work point me the way "

You have your couple profile still and there you are looking for a new woman on your couples profile...Show a bit of respect to her and get rid of the couples profile and get a single one...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah point taken but was mucking about and as for the lady saying about my children how dare you I love my kids to bit I was having a laugh

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Yeah point taken but was mucking about and as for the lady saying about my children how dare you I love my kids to bit I was having a laugh "

She had a valid point though....Just take a step back and get everything sorted..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah point taken but was mucking about and as for the lady saying about my children how dare you I love my kids to bit I was having a laugh "

I'll say what I see fit. I think you should be hiding your profile and sorting your kids out. I stick by my previous comment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Whatever !!

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Whatever !!"

This is how I see it...you come on a public forum to ask advice about dating on a couples profile..People give their views along the way..If you don't want to hear it then don't post about it..Just take a step back and sort what you need to sort out when it comes to ending a relationship...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not trying to start a fight or argument with you, I'm merely commenting upon a post in a public forum with my opinions.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I think you have had your advice now.

My advice would be , if you are staying as a single male, take the womens pics off and ask Admin from the CONTACT button to change your profile to a single male

Reply privately