Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Professional

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What does this mean, I earn a half decent wage more than some and not as much as others, we live in a nice house can have a couple of nice holidays a year don't have to watch the pennies to much, but I would not class myself as professional I didn't go to university I still consider myself a working class man, to me a professional is a doctor/solicitor etc etc, have I got this wrong ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Google and wiki always help me when I'm unsure of something.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Google and wiki always help me when I'm unsure of something. "

Eg

A professional is a person who is engaged in a certain activity, or occupation, for gain or compensation as means of livelihood; such as a permanent career, not as an amateur or pastime.[1][2] The traditional professions were doctors, engineers, lawyers, architects and commissioned military officers. Today, the term is applied to nurses, accountants, educators, scientists, technology experts, social workers, artists, librarians (information professionals) and many more.

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

Where work is concerned I class myself as a professional - I always insist on being paid

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

interesting question..

we are similar, both class ourselves as still working 'class' when asked (even though i hate lables tbh)..

been told that we are middle class, own house, cars kids went to Uni! wtf..

think a lot of our 'systems' still cant move on from the old class system as some want to maintain it for reasons which whilst laudable eg. advancement etc are sometimes swayed by others wanting to 'look down' on others..

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Google and wiki always help me when I'm unsure of something.

Eg

A professional is a person who is engaged in a certain activity, or occupation, for gain or compensation as means of livelihood; such as a permanent career, not as an amateur or pastime.[1][2] The traditional professions were doctors, engineers, lawyers, architects and commissioned military officers. Today, the term is applied to nurses, accountants, educators, scientists, technology experts, social workers, artists, librarians (information professionals) and many more.

"

known a few professional piss takers too..

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

i always thought it meant bodie and doyle

over a year ago

i thinks as simple as referring to yourself in the "i work" tense as a guess

over a year ago

"interesting question..

we are similar, both class ourselves as still working 'class' when asked (even though i hate lables tbh)..

think a lot of our 'systems' still cant move on from the old class system as some want to maintain it for reasons which whilst laudable eg. advancement etc are sometimes swayed by others wanting to 'look down' on others.. "

It's not something I think about a lot but I see a lot of it in profiles here that say professional couple, and it's not something I would ever consider putting in our profile, just had me thinking we have met what I would consider professional people in clubs etc and had a lovely time with them I don't consider them to be any better or worse I just think it's a strange thing to put in a profile

over a year ago

"What does this mean, I earn a half decent wage more than some and not as much as others, we live in a nice house can have a couple of nice holidays a year don't have to watch the pennies to much, but I would not class myself as professional I didn't go to university I still consider myself a working class man, to me a professional is a doctor/solicitor etc etc, have I got this wrong ?"
Doctor and solicitors vets still working class if you have to work you are .. That's how I see it no matter how much money and the job title ,

over a year ago

Ive always classed myself as working class i think you can count yourself as a professional if your'e allowed to sign passport photo's for folk

over a year ago

"Ive always classed myself as working class i think you can count yourself as a professional if your'e allowed to sign passport photo's for folk "
vicars can , But still working class , lol

over a year ago

"Ive always classed myself as working class i think you can count yourself as a professional if your'e allowed to sign passport photo's for folk "

Yeah that's pretty much as I've always seen it

over a year ago

"Ive always classed myself as working class i think you can count yourself as a professional if your'e allowed to sign passport photo's for folk vicars can , But still working class , lol"

Buggered that one up then it says to be signed off a professional or im sure it did last time i got one

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"interesting question..

think a lot of our 'systems' still cant move on from the old class system as some want to maintain it for reasons which whilst laudable eg. advancement etc are sometimes swayed by others wanting to 'look down' on others..

It's not something I think about a lot but I see a lot of it in profiles here that say professional couple, and it's not something I would ever consider putting in our profile, just had me thinking we have met what I would consider professional people in clubs etc and had a lovely time with them I don't consider them to be any better or worse I just think it's a strange thing to put in a profile "

would agree to a point, can see that some may put it to express they are professionalfor a multitude of reasons they deem important..

all part of the selling point thing i suppose..

we have met folk from several different professions, none of which have held any sway or given preference over how attractive etc they and we are to each other..

over a year ago

The following video is an effective introduction to exactly what is meant by a 'Professional'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCFVEvZvo3g

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Haha that doesn't say much. The pub landlord can countersign your passport application

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think it's a strange thing to put on a profile on a swinging site. Makes no odds to me what someone does for a living. Although I think I might like to shag a policeman... for some reason I think they'll be downright filthy!

Still... professional or not... it doesn't really matter to me.

over a year ago

"I think it's a strange thing to put on a profile on a swinging site. Makes no odds to me what someone does for a living. Although I think I might like to shag a policeman... for some reason I think they'll be downright filthy!

Still... professional or not... it doesn't really matter to me. "

steady on!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I take it to mean those listed as being able to counter sign a passport.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I think it's a strange thing to put on a profile on a swinging site. Makes no odds to me what someone does for a living. Although I think I might like to shag a policeman... for some reason I think they'll be downright filthy!

steady on! "

What?

You don't think a policeman would be filthy? Or you think being a professional matters?

over a year ago

steady on!

What?

You don't think a policeman would be filthy? Or you think being a professional matters? "

I know both answers

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I know both answers "

Well spill the beans then...

over a year ago

"I know both answers

Well spill the beans then... "

Yes & yes but as always there are exceptions to every rule....though you're quite safe all those miles away

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I take it to mean those listed as being able to counter sign a passport."

That means I'm a professional - how lovely lol

Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can sign them these days

over a year ago

Mine and Donna's occupation's are classed as "professional" but im not pompous enough to say it lol, im entitled to charge 35quid to sign and verify you are who you say you are on passports, driving licence's etc but I do it for free as im nice lol

over a year ago

steady on!

My ex was a filthy fucker and he was a police man

What?

You don't think a policeman would be filthy? Or you think being a professional matters? "

over a year ago

"i always thought it meant bodie and doyle"

over a year ago

"I take it to mean those listed as being able to counter sign a passport.

That means I'm a professional - how lovely lol

Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can sign them these days"

Or Ryan

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I know both answers

Yes & yes but as always there are exceptions to every rule....though you're quite safe all those miles away "

Story of my life!!

Why do you think it matters?

over a year ago

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong in saying it. It suggests you take pride, are probably a decent person and live a clean lifestyle....not guaranteed obviously but why get hung up by that ?

And I agree, if you work, you're working class.

over a year ago

"I know both answers

Yes & yes but as always there are exceptions to every rule....though you're quite safe all those miles away

Story of my life!!

Why do you think it matters? "

Because if you take pride in all you do, you further yourself and it rubs off on all areas of your life, no matter what job you do. Do it right first time....be professional ...and yes I can be both

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Personally I don't think there's anything wrong in saying it. It suggests you take pride, are probably a decent person and live a clean lifestyle....not guaranteed obviously but why get hung up by that ?

And I agree, if you work, you're working class. "

I don't think it's wrong. I think people can put whatever they like on their profiles, that's what makes us all different. I'm just not sure it's relevant to why we're all here. Someone who isn't a professional can equally be a decent person. It's what's inside that matters.

Hang ups take up too much energy. We all like what we like and if it makes someone happy that they're shagging a professional then that's great. You can still be a professional and be a bit of a fanny though.

(That's a generic 'you' just to be clear)

*goes to find a local copper*

over a year ago

"Personally I don't think there's anything wrong in saying it. It suggests you take pride, are probably a decent person and live a clean lifestyle....not guaranteed obviously but why get hung up by that ?

And I agree, if you work, you're working class.

I don't think it's wrong. I think people can put whatever they like on their profiles, that's what makes us all different. I'm just not sure it's relevant to why we're all here. Someone who isn't a professional can equally be a decent person. It's what's inside that matters.

Hang ups take up too much energy. We all like what we like and if it makes someone happy that they're shagging a professional then that's great. You can still be a professional and be a bit of a fanny though.

(That's a generic 'you' just to be clear)

*goes to find a local copper*"

There's idiots in all classes and occupations...and I'm sure I've been a fanny a few times ill wave next time I visit Edinburgh....lovely city

over a year ago

I think i'm a professional person ...professional full time sex flirt and sometimes sex god with style lol .....or was i just dreaming that bit ????

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"There's idiots in all classes and occupations...and I'm sure I've been a fanny a few times ill wave next time I visit Edinburgh....lovely city "

I'll take time out of my busy, professional lifestyle to wave back!

over a year ago

Our thoughts are; if you cant spell Professional, then you aren't one.

By *eal_Dick_TurpinMan
over a year ago

Exeter

one sites even remotely connected to sex, anyone insisting the other person is a professional is expecting to get paid.

some of us prefer to be amateurs and fuck as a hobby, not a way of paying the rent

over a year ago

The whole white collar / blue collar professional means not a jot to me, other than I would normally expect a white collar workers to have softer hands ….

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

Back in the day I would guess the professions tie up neatly to those people who didn't get salaries or wages and were allocated partnership monies

Nowdays it tends to include those who get paid salaries.

Within swinging it makes no sense and to us comes across like Hyacinth Bucket or Majorie Ledbetter

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

Margot Ledbetter, damn autocorrect

over a year ago

Isn't that a cheese ?

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I saw a profile ages ago with no public pics and they were more interested in the person job that they were going to meet.

Am sure that at some point a none professional will lie through their teeth to meet them but they state that their potenial meets job is very important.

Strange.

over a year ago

I've been on socials before where I was told they didn't want to take things further as they didn't think I would fit into their professional circle of friends.

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

"I've been on socials before where I was told they didn't want to take things further as they didn't think I would fit into their professional circle of friends.

"

But you are a professor? Or don't tell us that's a little white lie on your profile

over a year ago

"I've been on socials before where I was told they didn't want to take things further as they didn't think I would fit into their professional circle of friends.

But you are a professor? Or don't tell us that's a little white lie on your profile"

ha ha! That would be telling

over a year ago

This question comes upbvery regularly and people seem to be offended by somehow.

Being a member of a professional body is one thing but instead of making mountains out of molehills and being literal about such a simple expression, maybe it would make it simpler to understand if we think about it in context.

We are on a swinging site, the term professional is written on profiles. Now people aren't using this site as some kind of CV service are they. So it's fairly obvious that people mean they wish to meet people who are of a similar social standing so they have common ground to communicate and not meet people who have a very different social upbringing.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Every now and then this bit of reverse snobber raises it's head.

I'm working class and I hold a professional job.

The two are not mutually exclusive. I never understand the battle people start over it.

It's not 'professionals' that refuse to move on. It's those that think professional is some kind of class elitism that are stuck in the dark ages.

B.T.W - Did you know women are allowed out of the house these days ?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

B.T.W - Did you know women are allowed out of the house these days ?"

When did that start?

over a year ago

"

I am not

over a year ago

"Every now and then this bit of reverse snobber raises it's head.

The two are not mutually exclusive. I never understand the battle people start over it.

It's not 'professionals' that refuse to move on. It's those that think professional is some kind of class elitism that are stuck in the dark ages.

Well said. women out ? Pah those aren't the desperate sorts who want to jump anyone who offers a shag like on fab though !

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Couldn't agree more. I came from a very poor working class family. I am the only one of us to gain a degree and I'm sick of being made out like some kind of elitist anon who got lucky, or had it easy. I am a professional and proud of it. But I was equally proud to be a barmaid.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Couldn't agree more. I came from a very poor working class family. I am the only one of us to gain a degree and I'm sick of being made out like some kind of elitist anon who got lucky, or had it easy. I am a professional and proud of it. But I was equally proud to be a barmaid."

* snob not anon!! Bloody phone.

over a year ago

Couldn't agree more. I came from a very poor working class family. I am the only one of us to gain a degree and I'm sick of being made out like some kind of elitist anon who got lucky, or had it easy. I am a professional and proud of it. But I was equally proud to be a barmaid.

* snob not anon!! Bloody phone."

Post new Message to Thread