Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Female Plumbers?

Jump to newest

By *radleyandRaven OP   Couple
over a year ago

Herts

Ok, I know it's a long shot here but I was wondering if we have any female plumbers on here and just wanted to know how you got started?

Did you start an apprenticeship or did you go from training into self-employment? x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm not a female plumber, but I am a plumber.

You can go to private training centres such as OLCI or similar places and gain a C&G but you still need to have on-site experience.

Good luck!!!

over a year ago

Herts

Yeah, now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I specified female plumbers. But thank you for the response.

I have completed a Level 1 multi-skills course in construction (Plumbing, carpentry, painting & decorating, tiling, ect) which has got me a C&G diploma and CSCS card but I'm struggling to get any hands-on experience.

Been applying for apprenticeships and trainee positions all over the place, including contacting some local plumbers about un-paid work experience. A lot of places require you to have your own tools and van ect so I don't know if I'm just chasing rainbows here... Can't afford any of that anytime soon

I just have no idea where to start.

over a year ago

Herts

Basically, we've been told to get some on-site experience before considering a level 2. x

over a year ago

On-site experience is paramount.

over a year ago

"On-site experience is paramount."

By *anemartinCouple
over a year ago

lochgelly

I started doing plumbing and found a company who was happy to take me on. Then I found out I was pregnant so I left. Didnt want to risk anything. I do wonder how many men would offer to pay behind the door lol.

By *lippi WenwetCouple
over a year ago

tynemouth

On site experience- it will be hard finding a company to take on a trainee unless its as an apprentice so you could offer to work voluntary one day a week that should cover it

over a year ago

There is a firm of female plumbers in Milton Keynes, you should look them up. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you asking a few questions.

over a year ago

I thought a female plumber was a gynaecologist

Post new Message to Thread