Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

own business

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

is starting a business on your own really such a daunting thing to do??

or is it simply the best thing you've ever done??

I have two ideas at the moment,, im flipping a coin, either one will work but im sooo nervous,, even the business plan scares me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's hard work, time consuming, you'll have tears, joy and rage all in one day but when the success comes................happy days

over a year ago

The amount of paperwork involved when I was self-employed and freelancing for nearly a year was so tedious that I do not wish to go down that route again, and am happily being a pleb on a PAYE job.

Good luck with your ventures!

over a year ago

Personally I think a big aspect of running your own business is time and working all hours.

My OH has had various businesses and he started another new venture nearly a year ago. It is about being very structured, focused and risk taking. It's time tho, he works all the time and

manages his staff, up and down the country seeing clients, he struggles to fit it all in. But I've never known him any different

over a year ago

"is starting a business on your own really such a daunting thing to do??

I have two ideas at the moment,, im flipping a coin, either one will work but im sooo nervous,, even the business plan scares me"

It can be daunting but that all depends on what you are planning to do. Self employed in the service industry will inevitably run smoother than product design, marketing and sales. The key to it all is to do your research and make sure there is a demand before starting.

over a year ago

So if you're so confident both ldeas will work why so worried? Lol

Get on with it.

By *lippi WenwetCouple
over a year ago

tynemouth

wished we had done it years ago, best thing we ever did, extremely hard work and long hours but worth it x

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My housemate and I set up our own plumbing & heating business about a year ago. We are not showing a profit yet, it will probably take around another 6 mnths to break even.

It's hard work but you are your own boss

over a year ago

Stop thinking about it so much. Do it, live it, love it x

over a year ago

The first 2 years were the worst for me, 18hour days and constantly thinking about work, I was doing everything from invoices to quotes, design to installation but as work picked up and my reputation for quality and time scale improved bigger and more profitable contracts came, I was then able to employ office staff to do the clerical side which made life easier, so all in all a tough uphill climb to start with but now on a flat surface happily cruising along

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/05/13 09:25:30]

over a year ago

"It's hard work, time consuming, you'll have tears, joy and rage all in one day but when the success comes................happy days "

Or even all at the same time. Starting your own business is probably one of the hardest things we have done but was so rewarding.

We decided that we would rather go for it and maybe regret it than sit back in 20 years time and wish we had of giving it a go

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

I have two ideas at the moment,, im flipping a coin, either one will work but im sooo nervous,, even the business plan scares me"

I am putting my own business plans together as we speak as redundancy rumours just wont go away, In a ideal world i would like redundancy money to tide me over while own business gets going

Can you start your business in the evenings/weekends while staying in your current job so that at least you have an instant income when you leave ?

The other question is do you want to be old and on your death bed thinking i wish i had tried that.

over a year ago

I have two ideas at the moment,, im flipping a coin, either one will work but im sooo nervous,, even the business plan scares me

I am putting my own business plans together as we speak as redundancy rumours just wont go away, In a ideal world i would like redundancy money to tide me over while own business gets going

Can you start your business in the evenings/weekends while staying in your current job so that at least you have an instant income when you leave ?

The other question is do you want to be old and on your death bed thinking i wish i had tried that."

Thats a good point I'll bet there are many who are now retired wish they had done something for themselves when they had the chance. Trialing it evenings/weekends if possible is a very good suggestion.

By *illyxWoman
over a year ago

Bolton

It can be hard at times and I find it very hard to switch off at times, especially now with mobile phones and emails coming through at all hours. But at the same time it's great being my own boss and I love that I'm challenged in different ways every day.

When I set up the business my ethos was that I'd give it a go and that if it didn't work out there was no shame in that, at least I could say I'd tried. It turns out it is working and I love it. So I'd say go for it!

By *ickloverMan
over a year ago

Devizes

I started a business 8 months ago, currently we are breaking even with small profits, but our books are filling up and commissions for my work are now coming in. The recording studio has lots of promise and the summer rock school has lots of interest. Go for it, it's bloody hard work but very rewarding! I sit on my office chair and swivel round, looking at all the equipment, drum kits, band equipment etc, listening to live heavy metal ! I just smile and remind myself that it's all mine ! Our overheads are low , we own all the stuff and we owe nobody a damn thing !! Lovely !!

over a year ago

What an usual topic to have on a Swingers sex date/meeting site lol

for what its worth i been in business for many years and have been through good and bad times, but take great pride in my teams success that make it all possible - thats a reward in itself -

The best advice you need comes from YOU first and foremost its YOU that needs to belive in YOU first and then secondly do you have the cash to start a business and survive for at least 6 months without an income - because you need to plan negatively and well as positively

Your local business network - linkedin - your bank - and a good experienced account will all help

Good luck

Jon

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

blimey if you think this topic is unusual you must have been living on mars

Anyway its posted in the lounge and not swingers chat so anythings wellcome as long as the mods dont take offence

Plus its not all about sex and shagging 24/7 i kind of like the banter in here

Post new Message to Thread