Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Champions League Final

Jump to newest

By *kmale421 OP   Man
over a year ago

wirral

Just to get things kickstarted off for the final this weekend between Bayern Munich & Borussia Dortmund at Wembley, I thought I'd pop a thread up for those whom wish to make predictions and anything else in the build up to the game on Saturday night.

It's the first all German final and if Bayern Munich win it, they'll join Liverpool, AC Milan and Real Madrid as being the only teams to have won it 5 or more times. Having said that Munich have been runners up on 5 occasions losing three of those finals to English opponents (Aston Villa, Manchester Utd & Chelsea) last winning Big Ears in 2001 following their 3 wins in three years in the mid 70's which means they are the proud owners of 1 European Cup already. They were finalists last year losing out to Chelsea on penalties.

Borussia Dortmund have appeared just once in the final winning it in 1997 against Juventus coincidently at Bayern Munichs old ground, The Olympiastadion.

Munich have been dominent in thier domestic league this season and have looked the real deal in the European games aswell, with both German teams destroying Barcelona and Real Madrid in the semi finals. Munich have the edge this season with a win and a draw in the league plus Munich won the equiivelent of our Charity Shield in August.

My head says Bayern Munich will win though I think that'll be after extra time partly due to the strength in depth that Munich have on the bench plus the desire that losing in a final the previous year gives you to put things right, but my heart will be cheering on Dortmund for various reasons, not least because I had great fun over there in 2001 and a good German friend of mine wants them to win too.

So Good Luck Borussia Dortmund, Go and Win The Cup.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

is there a prize if we get the result right ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread