
Join us FREE, we're FREE to use
Web's largest swingers site since 2006.
Already registered?
Login here
| Back to forum list |
| Back to The Lounge |
| Jump to newest |
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I saw a toad on a nature walk this week with my youngest. The excitement I felt was almost as great as the time I saw a small deer on a different nature walk. I took a photo of the toad in case it was supposed to be my Prince Charming I love frogs and toads. Great way to teach kids about life cycles too | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I love bat watching, they fly over my garden at dusk every night 🦇🖤 So glad you got to see them in the smoke! I get really excited when I spot herons, and I used to live near a kingfisher years ago. So much smaller than I assumed. I found a dead mole once. Tiny! " Only seen a kingfisher twice in the UK and that was just outside London. There are very elusive in the capital. They are so gorgeous | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I love our local wildlife , being an early morning dog walker and avid golfer I get to see lots. Deer, badgers, foxes, squirrels, our golf course has a thriving population of Kestrels which are always nice to watch. However the best recent unexpected encounter was a pair of otters playing in a local stream. Happily watch them for hours " Wow that's quite a list. Early summer there was a peregrine falcon in my neighbourhood that would fly over my playground. There are a few in Hackney but not seen that often. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We have a Little Egret that visits daily next to my work, and on a rare occasion a Kingfisher. Have managed to get many pictures of the former but not the latter. We also had some broody Moorhens this week as well 😂" They are so speedy. Little flash of colour and they are gone. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Squirrels, I find them a beauty to look at." Loads about but I've never seen a red one. Fingers crossed I will at some point. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We have a Little Egret that visits daily next to my work, and on a rare occasion a Kingfisher. Have managed to get many pictures of the former but not the latter. We also had some broody Moorhens this week as well 😂 They are so speedy. Little flash of colour and they are gone. " I know! I've been trying to get pictures of the Red Kites that are over my house a lot too but they are too fast, one nearly took me out this morning they're deceiving and look small in the air but theyre huge! | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We have a Little Egret that visits daily next to my work, and on a rare occasion a Kingfisher. Have managed to get many pictures of the former but not the latter. We also had some broody Moorhens this week as well 😂 They are so speedy. Little flash of colour and they are gone. I know! I've been trying to get pictures of the Red Kites that are over my house a lot too but they are too fast, one nearly took me out this morning they're deceiving and look small in the air but theyre huge! " They are big up close. They were re introduced not far from me about 10 years ago and are thriving . It’s a rare day I don’t see 2 or 3. Beautiful when the sun catches them right | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I love our local wildlife , being an early morning dog walker and avid golfer I get to see lots. Deer, badgers, foxes, squirrels, our golf course has a thriving population of Kestrels which are always nice to watch. However the best recent unexpected encounter was a pair of otters playing in a local stream. Happily watch them for hours Wow that's quite a list. Early summer there was a peregrine falcon in my neighbourhood that would fly over my playground. There are a few in Hackney but not seen that often." ❤️ | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Once, en route to Sanna, we turned a corner to find two massive stags having a stand off in the middle of the road! They were B, but they were HUGE...Scarily big...and they looked very angry!! The noise they made breathing scared the dogs in the back. We were in an old L reg Fiat Panda at the time so we reversed as quick as we could. Have caught a glimpse of otters fishing at night in the dark in the local river. I like throwing something into long grass for the dog, and then watching the birds swoop across the grass for the insects the dog disturbed. I also like seeing sea birds do a wee dance on the grass...thumping their feet, trying to convince the worms it's raining. A x " Sounds terrifying in an awesome way. Something to view from a distance. Love seeing the strategies nature has conceived to survive. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Lady birds I’ve hardly seen any lately 🐞" There were a couple of days when they were EVERYWHERE in London almost like flying ant day but with ladybirds. Other than that they are definitely down on what I'm used to seeing. I get then hiding in the gaps of my windows for winter. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Lady birds I’ve hardly seen any lately 🐞" We had swarms at work the other day! I got loads of pictures of them! | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Oh I'm in heaven at the moment as a frog has taken up residence in my garden! Feeling a tad paranoid that one of the neighborhood cats will have it away so I'm regularly out there checking up on the little critter." Frogs are very endearing. I definitely have a soft spot for them. Keep up the good work keeping kermit safe x | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had a Jersey Tiger moth in my house recently. They aren't very common to London. My nettles attract a lot of wildlife Well spotted. I think there is a site were they are asking to register sightings | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I remember seeing bats near our holiday chalet as a child and being scared to walk back from the clubhouse. " When my daughter was about 10 we went to Norwich and sat on the banks of the canal watching them hunt bugs. It was her first time seeing them and she was fascinated. Bats feature heavily in her wardrobe at the moment. Funny how childhood memories stick with you. Are you still scared of bats? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Had a couple of epic encounters when on hols in Canada ( it was a wildlife photography trip) 1) played fetch with a juvenile orca, who repeatedly “ threw” a loose net float onto our boat and waited for us to throw it back so it could fetch it again 2) opened our cabin door to find a female and juvenile elk scoffing flowers from the planter right outside. Bit scary! They were random encounters, proper trips got us more orca, grey and humpback whales, several species of dolphin and porpoise, Stella sea lions, harbour seals, river otter, hundreds of super cute sea otters, wolf, black and brown bears. Plus lots of hummingbirds which was a first for me. If you want a real wildlife adventure I can’t recommend Vancouver Island enough " Globally there are some amazing natural wonders. Sounds like you had a blast.I was thinking specifically of UK based critters. Have you seen any large UK marine mammals. From time to time there are whales and dolphins in the Thames but I've never seen any | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Had a couple of epic encounters when on hols in Canada ( it was a wildlife photography trip) 1) played fetch with a juvenile orca, who repeatedly “ threw” a loose net float onto our boat and waited for us to throw it back so it could fetch it again 2) opened our cabin door to find a female and juvenile elk scoffing flowers from the planter right outside. Bit scary! They were random encounters, proper trips got us more orca, grey and humpback whales, several species of dolphin and porpoise, Stella sea lions, harbour seals, river otter, hundreds of super cute sea otters, wolf, black and brown bears. Plus lots of hummingbirds which was a first for me. If you want a real wildlife adventure I can’t recommend Vancouver Island enough Globally there are some amazing natural wonders. Sounds like you had a blast.I was thinking specifically of UK based critters. Have you seen any large UK marine mammals. From time to time there are whales and dolphins in the Thames but I've never seen any" Yes we’ve had a few orca and large numbers of dolphins off the Co Durham and Northumberland coast this year. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Kingfishers There is a pair that’s taken up residence fishing by my house and I love it " So so lucky ❤️ | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Kingfishers There is a pair that’s taken up residence fishing by my house and I love it " I'd be on 24/7 Fisher watch. You lucky duck | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I’ve had an eagle owl appear from nowhere hovering right in my face I could feel the wind from its wings the thing was huge and quite scary at the time…afterwards though it felt great to have been so close to such a great bird. " Owls are awesome. Another time walking my same route home I heard an owl. Unfortunately I had someone tagging along with me and I didn't have the heart to say "I'm leaving you to seek out an owl" - I regret my decision ;-p | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Had a couple of epic encounters when on hols in Canada ( it was a wildlife photography trip) 1) played fetch with a juvenile orca, who repeatedly “ threw” a loose net float onto our boat and waited for us to throw it back so it could fetch it again 2) opened our cabin door to find a female and juvenile elk scoffing flowers from the planter right outside. Bit scary! They were random encounters, proper trips got us more orca, grey and humpback whales, several species of dolphin and porpoise, Stella sea lions, harbour seals, river otter, hundreds of super cute sea otters, wolf, black and brown bears. Plus lots of hummingbirds which was a first for me. If you want a real wildlife adventure I can’t recommend Vancouver Island enough Globally there are some amazing natural wonders. Sounds like you had a blast.I was thinking specifically of UK based critters. Have you seen any large UK marine mammals. From time to time there are whales and dolphins in the Thames but I've never seen any Yes we’ve had a few orca and large numbers of dolphins off the Co Durham and Northumberland coast this year. " Wow, that's pretty cool. Have some decent waterfowl around my way and a few herons and comerants (don't think that spelt right) | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Had a couple of epic encounters when on hols in Canada ( it was a wildlife photography trip) 1) played fetch with a juvenile orca, who repeatedly “ threw” a loose net float onto our boat and waited for us to throw it back so it could fetch it again 2) opened our cabin door to find a female and juvenile elk scoffing flowers from the planter right outside. Bit scary! They were random encounters, proper trips got us more orca, grey and humpback whales, several species of dolphin and porpoise, Stella sea lions, harbour seals, river otter, hundreds of super cute sea otters, wolf, black and brown bears. Plus lots of hummingbirds which was a first for me. If you want a real wildlife adventure I can’t recommend Vancouver Island enough Globally there are some amazing natural wonders. Sounds like you had a blast.I was thinking specifically of UK based critters. Have you seen any large UK marine mammals. From time to time there are whales and dolphins in the Thames but I've never seen any Yes we’ve had a few orca and large numbers of dolphins off the Co Durham and Northumberland coast this year. Wow, that's pretty cool. Have some decent waterfowl around my way and a few herons and comerants (don't think that spelt right) " I’m lucky that Northumberland is pretty much in my doorstep 😁 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had a Jersey Tiger moth in my house recently. They aren't very common to London. My nettles attract a lot of wildlife I'll have a look for it, thank you. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had a Jersey Tiger moth in my house recently. They aren't very common to London. My nettles attract a lot of wildlife 6 days too late for this year. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had a Jersey Tiger moth in my house recently. They aren't very common to London. My nettles attract a lot of wildlife Keep those nettles thriving Nanna x | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had a Jersey Tiger moth in my house recently. They aren't very common to London. My nettles attract a lot of wildlife No worries on that front lol x | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Im so lucky I can sit in my garden on a evening and I have a family of them that fly over and they come so close to me. I see deers all the time as well I love it I get so excited every time even if I see 10 in a week im the same every time. " So jealous. I'd love that. Not seen many deers in the wild as I'm way to urban. Lots of foxes and I still love seeing then. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Im so lucky I can sit in my garden on a evening and I have a family of them that fly over and they come so close to me. I see deers all the time as well I love it I get so excited every time even if I see 10 in a week im the same every time. So jealous. I'd love that. Not seen many deers in the wild as I'm way to urban. Lots of foxes and I still love seeing then." Ya thats one of the down side to the London area. I am very lucky see the odd boar as well theh are bit scary though | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I’ve had an eagle owl appear from nowhere hovering right in my face I could feel the wind from its wings the thing was huge and quite scary at the time…afterwards though it felt great to have been so close to such a great bird. Owls are awesome. Another time walking my same route home I heard an owl. Unfortunately I had someone tagging along with me and I didn't have the heart to say "I'm leaving you to seek out an owl" - I regret my decision ;-p " They really are. Eagle owls are not native it had escaped from somewhere and was a bit of a local celebrity until some arsehole shot him😢 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I would really like to see a live Badger not one squished on the side of the road I've not seen either (thankfully the latter) Would like to though but none close to london | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I’ve had an eagle owl appear from nowhere hovering right in my face I could feel the wind from its wings the thing was huge and quite scary at the time…afterwards though it felt great to have been so close to such a great bird. Owls are awesome. Another time walking my same route home I heard an owl. Unfortunately I had someone tagging along with me and I didn't have the heart to say "I'm leaving you to seek out an owl" - I regret my decision ;-p They really are. Eagle owls are not native it had escaped from somewhere and was a bit of a local celebrity until some arsehole shot him😢" I will never understand some people - like those ones that cut down historic trees for clout. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Im so lucky I can sit in my garden on a evening and I have a family of them that fly over and they come so close to me. I see deers all the time as well I love it I get so excited every time even if I see 10 in a week im the same every time. So jealous. I'd love that. Not seen many deers in the wild as I'm way to urban. Lots of foxes and I still love seeing then. Ya thats one of the down side to the London area. I am very lucky see the odd boar as well theh are bit scary though " I legit didn't know we had them in the wild | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I would really like to see a live Badger not one squished on the side of the road I know they are about, I don't live in a city I'm on the outskirts surrounded by fields and woods so I have a good chance of spotting one someday, we do have loads of bats I love seeing them swooping about at night! | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I live on a farm, near an enormous nature reserve. We have *all* the wildlife. It seems quite unfair at times." So greedy!!! Must see some amazing sights | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I have lavender below my living room window and often watch the bees harvesting.Couple of weeks ago I looked out and there was a humming bird! Now I know they do not live here so I googled and it turns out they are humming bird moths,absolutely beautiful." Ooohhh interesting. I do love a good moth. Sadly I have those pesky little buggers that produce lavae that eat all my wool and feathery bits. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"( don't live in the UK) we have a pond about 100 yards from the front door,winter time it's full of Canadian geese and sandhill cranes, their calls as they come in , have to smile" literally nature on tour doorstep. How cool is that | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Im so lucky I can sit in my garden on a evening and I have a family of them that fly over and they come so close to me. I see deers all the time as well I love it I get so excited every time even if I see 10 in a week im the same every time. So jealous. I'd love that. Not seen many deers in the wild as I'm way to urban. Lots of foxes and I still love seeing then. Ya thats one of the down side to the London area. I am very lucky see the odd boar as well theh are bit scary though I legit didn't know we had them in the wild" Really? Well they are monster some of them you definitely dont want to come across one and definitely not a mum and baby's x | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I have lavender below my living room window and often watch the bees harvesting.Couple of weeks ago I looked out and there was a humming bird! Now I know they do not live here so I googled and it turns out they are humming bird moths,absolutely beautiful." Hummingbird hawk moths are a pleasure to see - only seen a couple this year. They are incredibly reliable for time keeping, typically having regular times that you'll see them visiting the same plants. Always check the time when you see them and look for them the following day. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I have lavender below my living room window and often watch the bees harvesting.Couple of weeks ago I looked out and there was a humming bird! Now I know they do not live here so I googled and it turns out they are humming bird moths,absolutely beautiful. Hummingbird hawk moths are a pleasure to see - only seen a couple this year. They are incredibly reliable for time keeping, typically having regular times that you'll see them visiting the same plants. Always check the time when you see them and look for them the following day. " I saw one the other week! So excited. And yesterday I saw a really chonky caterpillar- thought it might be a hawk moth one but NO it was a Buff Tip Moth 🐛 which filled me with utter delight. I also had a bat (bag) fly past me on the same walk ☺️ | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I would really like to see a live Badger not one squished on the side of the road We get them (and foxes) a lot around us. It's always around 3AM. I used to see them all the time in my early 20s, on the way home from a night out. Almost walked all the way back to my mates pub, once, rather than pass one. Swear it was giving me daggers 🤣 Thankfully, it legged it away from me. We see them on the doorbell cam now too! Today, we saw a red squirrel on our walk. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I have lavender below my living room window and often watch the bees harvesting.Couple of weeks ago I looked out and there was a humming bird! Now I know they do not live here so I googled and it turns out they are humming bird moths,absolutely beautiful." The first time I saw one my brain kind of froze. I thought I was seeing a humming bird but knew it couldn't possibly be. Then I creaked into action and realised it was a hummingbird moth. Beautiful creatures | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I have lavender below my living room window and often watch the bees harvesting.Couple of weeks ago I looked out and there was a humming bird! Now I know they do not live here so I googled and it turns out they are humming bird moths,absolutely beautiful. Hummingbird hawk moths are a pleasure to see - only seen a couple this year. They are incredibly reliable for time keeping, typically having regular times that you'll see them visiting the same plants. Always check the time when you see them and look for them the following day. I saw one the other week! So excited. And yesterday I saw a really chonky caterpillar- thought it might be a hawk moth one but NO it was a Buff Tip Moth 🐛 which filled me with utter delight. I also had a bat (bag) fly past me on the same walk ☺️" Lovely | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Bats may be curious about you, as they probably know the locality that they are in and haven't noticed you before I do find them adorable. We have a bat watch event at my local cemetery I might pop along to ar some point. Sad do much of our wildlife is in decline. Not many hedgehogs around London these days. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Im so lucky I can sit in my garden on a evening and I have a family of them that fly over and they come so close to me. I see deers all the time as well I love it I get so excited every time even if I see 10 in a week im the same every time. So jealous. I'd love that. Not seen many deers in the wild as I'm way to urban. Lots of foxes and I still love seeing then. Ya thats one of the down side to the London area. I am very lucky see the odd boar as well theh are bit scary though I legit didn't know we had them in the wild Really? Well they are monster some of them you definitely dont want to come across one and definitely not a mum and baby's x" I think I'd poop my pants if I saw one. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Due to the nature of my work I get to see many different wild animals but the one thing that always fascinates me, is watching hares chasing each other in small circles, first one chasing, then they’ll swap in a fraction of a second and the chaser is now chased by the other. They’ll do this for a while and then both stop dead, stand on their hind legs and box each other. It really is something to see. " Sounds like quite the spectacle. Not seen any wild hare either, just rabbits. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I have lavender below my living room window and often watch the bees harvesting.Couple of weeks ago I looked out and there was a humming bird! Now I know they do not live here so I googled and it turns out they are humming bird moths,absolutely beautiful. Hummingbird hawk moths are a pleasure to see - only seen a couple this year. They are incredibly reliable for time keeping, typically having regular times that you'll see them visiting the same plants. Always check the time when you see them and look for them the following day. I saw one the other week! So excited. And yesterday I saw a really chonky caterpillar- thought it might be a hawk moth one but NO it was a Buff Tip Moth 🐛 which filled me with utter delight. I also had a bat (bag) fly past me on the same walk ☺️" Moths and butterfly numbers are very low in London. Only saw a few this year. Never seen a hummingbirds moth before. Seen a few scarab beetles and they make a bit of a racket flying about. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"A shooting star 🌠 " Lucky you. When I'm outside London I love the amount of stars you can see. So much light pollution. When In in tbe country or by the sea the night sky is phenomenal | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We used to live in a farm, at dusk the bats would be out in force. They often swooped so low that they skimmed my hair which wasn't my favourite experience Not a fan of the bats then. I do find owls to be something magical. I've only really seen them at bird of prey events and sadly not in tbe wild. Hopefully I'll find the hooter that hunts near my work one night. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Squirrels, I find them a beauty to look at. Loads about but I've never seen a red one. Fingers crossed I will at some point. " Got a holiday home on the Isle of Wight. Quite often see red squirrels when there. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I really like spotting the swifts when they arrive back here from Africa. That's when summer begins for me. Not seen any this week so I guess they've headed back already. " There were eight of them circling above me in my barn just half an hour ago, so they’re still here in Scotland. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I really like spotting the swifts when they arrive back here from Africa. That's when summer begins for me. Not seen any this week so I guess they've headed back already. There were eight of them circling above me in my barn just half an hour ago, so they’re still here in Scotland." It's been a hot summer in London so I think they have departed. I keep my eyes out for them but this is usually the time they go. Glad you've still got some about. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Squirrels, I find them a beauty to look at. Loads about but I've never seen a red one. Fingers crossed I will at some point. Got a holiday home on the Isle of Wight. Quite often see red squirrels when there. " They are beautiful x | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I love nature, but grey squirrels (a non native species) have become far to prevalent and cause to much damage to trees. The same for muntjac deer. In fact the deer population in the UK has grown to large, in the absence of natural predators and needs controlling. The most beautiful encounters with wildlife have been seeing owls and 8 never tire of seeing bats of a late evening from my bedroom window." I wish I could watch from my window. I have a stupidly bright steet light right outside my window and neighbours that have a garden light that could light up Wembley so no chance of seeing anything from my room apathy from moths | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I love robins - I find them mesmerising. I like all animals but would love to see some otters, seals and puffins in the wild 🥹" Oh yes, especially when they're doing that "Christmas card" thing of posing on a frosty log or by holy. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I love robins - I find them mesmerising. I like all animals but would love to see some otters, seals and puffins in the wild 🥹 Oh yes, especially when they're doing that "Christmas card" thing of posing on a frosty log or by holy. " They’re so pretty 😍 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I tend to travel north alot and get to see the orca pods playing. I love them. Also have deer that come and visit my garden lol. " Not seen any aquatic mammals in the UK. Do you feed the deer? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I tend to travel north alot and get to see the orca pods playing. I love them. Also have deer that come and visit my garden lol. Not seen any aquatic mammals in the UK. Do you feed the deer? " Yeah I keep some carrots and some berries in the house for when they visit. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I tend to travel north alot and get to see the orca pods playing. I love them. Also have deer that come and visit my garden lol. Not seen any aquatic mammals in the UK. Do you feed the deer? Yeah I keep some carrots and some berries in the house for when they visit. " Gosh that is awesome | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Love sitting out at night, just listening to the sounds of nature. Doing it right now and the cicadas are a racket! Last week I had 3 badgers cross my path too. " The sounds of nature are unreal. Can hear the hedgerow birds now chirping. There is a nice old cemetery near me that is also a nature reserve. Lots of birdsong to listen too | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"At different times of the year i enjoy hearing woodpeckers on my early walk to the station to go to work and owls sometimes at night." When I hear that "rattle" my head does a full 360. I didn't spot my local pecker this year but I heard the drilling so I know they're still around. Sadly the trees they nest in are dwindling as the people in my neighbourhood cut them down and concrete there gardens | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm lucky been on a farm, regularly see deer, barn owls, tawny owls, little owls, stoat just recently, couple of herons the other day, bats, loads of geese, ducks and swans. We get loads of buzzards and kestrels too and even had some red kites flying round for a while " That's quite a collection of wildlife you lucky duck | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We saw a roe deer 🦌 on our walk last night walked right across the road in front of us pretty close too." They are getting bolder. Great username btw x | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Parakeets. North Bristol. Six. Daily. " There are quite a few colonies of them near me. They are thriving in Hackney | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"For the first time ever I swear an otter in the wild on the river nidd it was fleeting but there. " Well spotted x | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We saw a roe deer 🦌 on our walk last night walked right across the road in front of us pretty close too. They are getting bolder. Great username btw x" Thanks 😊 Love the Tattoos they are awesome 👌🏻 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We have otters, mink and king fishers too but ive only ever seen them on the wildlife cameras not in person" Fingers crossed you get to see them in the flesh (fur/feathers) | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Early this morning on my moonlit walk home from work a bat flew right past my face. It could have been a unicorn for the excitement I felt as I rarely see them in London with all the light pollution. What little drops of UK nature mesmerise you and fill you with joy when you see them. What have you not seen but hope to spot in the great British outdoors and what has vanished from your local environment that you wish would thrive once more? " red squirrels in my local woods | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Early this morning on my moonlit walk home from work a bat flew right past my face. It could have been a unicorn for the excitement I felt as I rarely see them in London with all the light pollution. What little drops of UK nature mesmerise you and fill you with joy when you see them. What have you not seen but hope to spot in the great British outdoors and what has vanished from your local environment that you wish would thrive once more? red squirrels in my local woods" Very nice. I'm off to piss off the squirrels near me as I'm collecting acorns. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Butterflies... Every time. Robins, squirrels, jay birds. Pretty much all wildlife 😂" I do love a Jay, magpies too but I see them way more often the the jays | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Early this morning on my moonlit walk home from work a bat flew right past my face. It could have been a unicorn for the excitement I felt as I rarely see them in London with all the light pollution. What little drops of UK nature mesmerise you and fill you with joy when you see them. What have you not seen but hope to spot in the great British outdoors and what has vanished from your local environment that you wish would thrive once more? red squirrels in my local woods" Whereabouts are you? I've not seen red squirrels yet in the UK, just overseas. I'd been thinking I should visit the Isle of Wight, after seeing an earlier post. I think there's a small number in Cannock Chase, a few in Cheshire, otherwise we'd need to get north, to the Lake District etc | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm not a great gardener, so my garden has plants that the wind blows in. But, I still get lots of butterflies and bumblebees flying around my garden. They always bring a smile to my face" Just chilling and watching the bees is a great way to pass time and practice mindfulness | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Hedhehogs, just don't see them like you used to" Used to have them in my garden snagging the cats food. Hardly any in London. I think there some in Wimbledon if the wombles haven't recycled them | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I saw a ladybird recently for the first time in ages." My nursery kids love finding them with me. Seriously low on numbers this year - apart from 2 crazy swarm days | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I must be lucky see bats most nights and plenty of wild life. Had a bat in my daughters bedroom as well " I just love them. I'm keeping my eye out for more | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"While cycling yesterday I saw a rather large dragon fly. First one I've seen. It was beautiful. " They are like flying jewellery. Love their colours and their eyes are so cool | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I remember years back going to a remote area in mid wales (you had to go off road to get there), it was hammering down with rain. There was a forest in the middle of no where and it was filled dozens of peacocks, and there were a few snakes slithering around and loads of Kites circling the boundaries. It felt like a glimpse of real nature. " How amazing. Not seen any wild snakes in years. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Not rare but a pair of Robins brought their 3 young ones into the garden today. So I tucked away a half coconut shell full of sunflower hearts in a bush just for them and watched them have a feathered tea party" So sweet x | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I saw a hedgehog, he was huge . We also get plenty of foxes in our garden, which is nice. " I guess there is less competition for food so its eating well. I do miss my neighbourhood hoggies | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Early this morning on my moonlit walk home from work a bat flew right past my face. It could have been a unicorn for the excitement I felt as I rarely see them in London with all the light pollution. What little drops of UK nature mesmerise you and fill you with joy when you see them. What have you not seen but hope to spot in the great British outdoors and what has vanished from your local environment that you wish would thrive once more? red squirrels in my local woods Whereabouts are you? I've not seen red squirrels yet in the UK, just overseas. I'd been thinking I should visit the Isle of Wight, after seeing an earlier post. I think there's a small number in Cannock Chase, a few in Cheshire, otherwise we'd need to get north, to the Lake District etc" I think you also get them on Brownsea island, Poole Harbour. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Batman or Dracula. Which bat is your favourite? " Batfink | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Batman or Dracula. Which bat is your favourite? Batfink" What about Count Duckula?? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Batman or Dracula. Which bat is your favourite? Batfink What about Count Duckula??" That's a duck! 🤣😂🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Batman or Dracula. Which bat is your favourite? Batfink What about Count Duckula?? That's a duck! 🤣😂🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣" In a bat disguise 🦇🦆 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Post new Message to Thread |
| back to top |