Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Skint.....Channel 4

Jump to newest

By *rusader1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Watched Skint last night.....the Scunthorp tourist board must be delighted!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Is this the thing I've just seen about 20 people ranting about on FB?

21 year old, 5 kids, huge TV etc etc x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Is this the thing I've just seen about 20 people ranting about on FB?

21 year old, 5 kids, huge TV etc etc x"

yeah and the poor souls only get £1600 a month to live on and dont have to pay rent and i think they said they dont pay council tax either!!!! grrrrr

over a year ago

We must have missed the part where they said they get £1600 a month.

Don't forget ch4 won't show the 'normal' bits, they'll be on the editing room floor. Just like reading The Sun- you only get the sensationalist crap!

over a year ago

What pissed us off more than the money, was her boyfriend walking about in a Fucking Onsie, felt like getting in the car And driving to theirs and giving him a Big Slap

By *lentyoffun40Couple
over a year ago

Lancashire

"What pissed us off more than the money, was her boyfriend walking about in a Fucking Onsie, felt like getting in the car And driving to theirs and giving him a Big Slap"

Pmsl ... My thoughts exactly

He had a fecking green one too

What a Cnut !!

By *lentyoffun40Couple
over a year ago

Lancashire

The most annoying thing was her attitude of "it shouldn't be a charities place to help us out... it should be the social and our benefits"

No love .. If you can't feed your kids or care for them ... Simple .. Don't fucking have them

over a year ago

It's in the name s cunt thorp, lol the hubby didn't have a job but doing tattoos I feel a little cash job coming up, still had Xbox big tv and a flash phone, these people should be correctly accessed, if they are really skint fare enough. Help them out. !!! Not a good example

over a year ago

I couldn't get over the 36yr old crackhead who looked about 60

over a year ago

How times have changed, I have my own business, pay my vat , tax , rent rates and everything else, just about make what they are getting for sweet FA and if I was to close my business tomorrow I can't claim jack all

over a year ago

These programmes are made to get people who actually work mad.

I saw last weeks episode and could see exactly how it was going to go. It pushes all the hot buttons that get people ranting on twitter and facebook and papers like the daily mail and the sun.

These people and their children are doomed to stay in that grotty place living in overcrowded semi squalor. The sad and shameful thing is most think they are living well because they have a big TV in the living room. Which they're probably paying off weekly anyway.

over a year ago

"These programmes are made to get people who actually work mad.

I saw last weeks episode and could see exactly how it was going to go. It pushes all the hot buttons that get people ranting on twitter and facebook and papers like the daily mail and the sun.

These people and their children are doomed to stay in that grotty place living in overcrowded semi squalor. The sad and shameful thing is most think they are living well because they have a big TV in the living room. Which they're probably paying off weekly anyway."

Very true. People rant and rave about the benefits they must be entitled to but the reality is they're living in a hovel and feeding 5 young children on food bank donations. The groom even had to wear a pink shirt to his wedding!

Of course the flipside to that is the stupidity of bringing 5 children into that situation in the firstplace.

over a year ago

It not shame full, if you was skint you wouldn't waist money in large TV's!

over a year ago

"It not shame full, if you was skint you wouldn't waist money in large TV's! "
and I do think £1600 a month is not bad infact it's bloody good

over a year ago

"

And posts of this nature will do exactly the same....................grenade...............take cover!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

The majority of that mythical £1600/month will be housing benefit, which you don't actually see (you might do under the new rules but it's still not income that you can spend).

Other than that, do you really think they'd make a programme that was actually representative of the way the majority of people on benefits live ? It wouldn't make such good TV !

By *uneandtomCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

[Removed by poster at 21/05/13 10:23:22]

By *uneandtomCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

These people and their children are doomed to stay in that grotty place living in overcrowded semi squalor. The sad and shameful thing is most think they are living well because they have a big TV in the living room. Which they're probably paying off weekly anyway.

These people and their children are doomed to stay in that grotty place living in overcrowded semi squalor. The sad and shameful thing is most think they are living well because they have a big TV in the living room. Which they're probably paying off weekly anyway."

They may be doomed but as they're having more children than those of us that have to pay towards bringing children up, how long before they is more of them than us. Country (we) can't afford it. Working our bollocks of to pay for our two children and three of someone elses. We need a revolution!!!

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"The most annoying thing was her attitude of "it shouldn't be a charities place to help us out... it should be the social and our benefits"

No love .. If you can't feed your kids or care for them ... Simple .. Don't fucking have them

"

well said

over a year ago

Very true. People rant and rave about the benefits they must be entitled to but the reality is they're living in a hovel and feeding 5 young children on food bank donations. The groom even had to wear a pink shirt to his wedding!

Of course the flipside to that is the stupidity of bringing 5 children into that situation in the firstplace."

Exactly. ...why bring 5 children into the world when you have no money. The girl that was getting married and had the twins chose to have the kids and not use contraception. .she then said that people shouldn't be giving them the handouts but the government should.......where does the government get the money from! But you cant just cut money its education and motivation thats needed to get people trained and able to earn money and set themselves up for their future.

over a year ago

"Is this the thing I've just seen about 20 people ranting about on FB?

21 year old, 5 kids, huge TV etc etc x"

5 kids at 21, that cant be true?

By *atchMan
over a year ago

reigate

If five at 21 how many more will they have.

over a year ago

"If five at 21 how many more will they have.

"

as many as we keep paying her for

By *lentyoffun40Couple
over a year ago

Lancashire

Of course the flipside to that is the stupidity of bringing 5 children into that situation in the firstplace.

Exactly. ...why bring 5 children into the world when you have no money. The girl that was getting married and had the twins chose to have the kids and not use contraception. .she then said that people shouldn't be giving them the handouts but the government should.......where does the government get the money from! But you cant just cut money its education and motivation thats needed to get people trained and able to earn money and set themselves up for their future. "

I'm afraid that as long as you get more in benefits than you would working people will have no motivation to change !

I know people who are happy to sit around because they are better off than they would be working

I've always said that benefits should work on a sliding scale ... If you work and pay taxes you should get a % of the the tax you paid back should you lose your job

I.e. work continuous for 10 years . You get a percentage of your taxes paid back

If you never worked tough shit !

For all people entering the country they should have to pay tax and national insurance for 3 Years before benefits are paid out

It's unfair that a 21 year old who has paid jack shit can get 1600 a month , yet a guy who is about 55 and has a heart attack after 40 years struggles to get anything above statutory sick pay !

The system is back to front !!

Rant over hahahaha

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple
over a year ago

wombourne

The only thing I felt sorry for was the dog. people like that shouldn't be allowed to keep animals. The poor thing looked petrified most of the time.

over a year ago

"The most annoying thing was her attitude of "it shouldn't be a charities place to help us out... it should be the social and our benefits"

"

over a year ago

"I couldn't get over the 36yr old crackhead who looked about 60"

Yes I couldn't get over that. She was really ugly, and wearing fake eyelashes, that's hardly gonna help with the attractiveness when you look emaciated with scabbed over track marks up your arm

over a year ago

I found this programme funny cause if they put their bloody priorities in the right Fecking order they wouldn't know what skint was! They need to try living on twenty quid a week having paid rent and council tax with baby milk and nappies still to fooking pay for! That's what skint is not having a tv or xbox it infuriates me cause they moan about it so stop having kids you dumb-ass's!! They should take chinas logic! Let people have one or two kids and have to work!

By *sMinxyWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This programme has made me so mad! sometimes my work takes me to the westcliffe estate... and it so fecks me off that they have not focused on any of the good things!! the people who are working with the community etc

And as for that feckwit Dean who can be seen strutting his 'stuff' outside his house.... Hmmmmmph... ok so you swear in front of your small children, admit to buying 'knock off' goods, then flash you balls to the nation.... ohhh what a great father figure ....NOT.....

and as for the family with 5 small kids n the mum only 21... and she says ohh we so broke, then heads to food bank!! HUGE flat screen TV... OK... I work, pay my taxes, and my tv is a hand me down from my brother!!

PAH........

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

I havent watched it and dont intend to now but i do agree that people like this show things in the wrong way. I am currently on benefits after loosing my job due to bad health i worked from when i left school and now get £140 a fortnight and £60 a week housing benefit when my rent is £400 a month i have worked hard and paid tax yet they have never done a days graft in their life. I have to live on hand outs from people and scrimp and save for stuff. I have a tv from freecycle and most other things in my home i was given thats being skint. Im just lucky that my Dom takes care of me and helps me out

over a year ago

"I couldn't get over the 36yr old crackhead who looked about 60

Yes I couldn't get over that. She was really ugly, and wearing fake eyelashes, that's hardly gonna help with the attractiveness when you look emaciated with scabbed over track marks up your arm "

that is the part that scared me, she is only a few years older than me!!!!!!!!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

My view too.

It would make uncomfortable viewing if they showed a "normal decent" nuclear family struggling to make ends meet. The British public would rant and rave about foreigners living on easy street whilst "decent" people struggled.

Show these types of people, and like Pavlov's dogs people react to the triggers: unemployed chav, multiple kids and big tv.

Predictable and sad.

over a year ago

My friends daughter has just split up from her fiance, he said he had enough and has gone back to live with his mum.

She has had to look for a smaller home for herself and their two year old. She went to see if she was entitled to any help but because she works 17 hours a week is not getting any!! She was told if she was not working she would be helped but if she gives up work she will have made herself unemployed on purpose!!

Poor girl doesn't know what to do

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"My friends daughter has just split up from her fiance, he said he had enough and has gone back to live with his mum.

She has had to look for a smaller home for herself and their two year old. She went to see if she was entitled to any help but because she works 17 hours a week is not getting any!! She was told if she was not working she would be helped but if she gives up work she will have made herself unemployed on purpose!!

Poor girl doesn't know what to do "

She should be entitled to housing benefit working tax credit and child tax credit to boost her income...

over a year ago

Thats what I told her mum, hopefully they will get her sorted x

over a year ago

"The majority of that mythical £1600/month will be housing benefit, which you don't actually see (you might do under the new rules but it's still not income that you can spend).

Other than that, do you really think they'd make a programme that was actually representative of the way the majority of people on benefits live ? It wouldn't make such good TV !"

think you might find if you watched that programs it was £1600 and rent was paid

over a year ago

"My friends daughter has just split up from her fiance, he said he had enough and has gone back to live with his mum.

Poor girl doesn't know what to do "

as a single parent working 16hrs or more she enlightens to claim working tax credits and child tax credits and help with rent and councils tax, you can even go online and it works it all out what you can claim.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

[Removed by poster at 22/05/13 20:54:27]

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"I couldn't get over the 36yr old crackhead who looked about 60"

Went to the same school as me. She was a prefect.

over a year ago

We watched the programme and just found it to be the normal sensationalist crap doled out by channel4 to the masses.

Ask yourself if you would want to be in their shoes with little to no chance of a way out,no major employers in the region and all the teen kids want to do is leave the area.

There are third generation unemployed people everywhere and deprived communities within every county in Britain.

These programmes are designed to keep the little man at the bottom fighting with and against his own as everyone knows most people are only 3 months salary from becoming these people we tend to bitch about.

over a year ago

"I found this programme funny cause if they put their bloody priorities in the right Fecking order they wouldn't know what skint was! They need to try living on twenty quid a week having paid rent and council tax with baby milk and nappies still to fooking pay for! That's what skint is not having a tv or xbox it infuriates me cause they moan about it so stop having kids you dumb-ass's!! They should take chinas logic! Let people have one or two kids and have to work!"
amen to that

over a year ago

I can't believe what I'm reading on here people are using words such as "them","they" and "normal" to describe someone in our society

The problem lies in the government's welfare structure,and not the individuals themselves until that changes there will always be people trapped in the system

Post new Message to Thread