Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tablets

Jump to newest

By *obness OP   Man
over a year ago

york

I dont know anything about tablets. I have a pc lap top and iphone as well as the basic kindle. A friend has just got a nexus 7. In my ignorance this seems to be the middle ground between an iphone and an ipad. Handy for when away - going to usa later this year - and not as bulky as a laptop. Is a nexus 7 the same more or less as a kindle fire? Presumably i can access all my kindle books on a kindle fire? do they both do emails and text, or just emails? Old and confused.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You won't be able to get your Kindle books on your Nexus as easily as the Nexus is Google and not Amazon.

I was reluctant but I am using my Nexus most of the time when I am out now. I have all my work documents on it, I can create documents (not great but very serviceable) and I have my emails and diary. I have downloaded books but I haven't read any on there yet.

By *obness OP   Man
over a year ago

york

Also thinking, do i NEED one anyway?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have a Kindle Fire HD. Great for web browsing, emails, watching film and apparently you can read books on it as well! Lol

over a year ago

I have a nexus 7 it is shocking. do not get one it is unusable for anything other than angry birds. I am using it write this.....I would list all the things that are bad but it would take too long. the flash and java implementation is so bad 80 percent websites do not work. the input system is abysmal. I am very IT literate I rely on it for work. the apps are poorly written. the functionality is laughable. it is a con. it does not do what it is advertised to do. it is for teenagers to buy apos for $2.00 to $10.00 it is not for adults

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I have a nexus 7 it is shocking. do not get one it is unusable for anything other than angry birds. I am using it write this.....I would list all the things that are bad but it would take too long. the flash and java implementation is so bad 80 percent websites do not work. the input system is abysmal. I am very IT literate I rely on it for work. the apps are poorly written. the functionality is laughable. it is a con. it does not do what it is advertised to do. it is for teenagers to buy apos for $2.00 to $10.00 it is not for adults"

None of that means anything to me but I have had a good experience so far.

over a year ago

"You won't be able to get your Kindle books on your Nexus as easily as the Nexus is Google and not Amazon.

yet."

Not true, you can download the kindle app from the google play store and have total access to the kindle / amazon site

On the other hand the kindle fire has a skinned version of android, and you have to purchase only through amazon

over a year ago

"I dont know anything about tablets. I have a pc lap top and iphone as well as the basic kindle. A friend has just got a nexus 7. In my ignorance this seems to be the middle ground between an iphone and an ipad. Handy for when away - going to usa later this year - and not as bulky as a laptop. Is a nexus 7 the same more or less as a kindle fire? Presumably i can access all my kindle books on a kindle fire? do they both do emails and text, or just emails? Old and confused. "
kindle fire here and love it reading or searching the web

over a year ago

Well paracetamol is good for headaches, ibroprofen for pmt and co-codamol for when you're really buggered.......ohhh you meant computer tablets.... my bad

over a year ago

"I dont know anything about tablets. I have a pc lap top and iphone as well as the basic kindle. A friend has just got a nexus 7. In my ignorance this seems to be the middle ground between an iphone and an ipad. Handy for when away - going to usa later this year - and not as bulky as a laptop. Is a nexus 7 the same more or less as a kindle fire? Presumably i can access all my kindle books on a kindle fire? do they both do emails and text, or just emails? Old and confused. "

I love tablets.. Take them every day

By *obness OP   Man
over a year ago

york

Bought a kindle fire and happy with it. Thanks for allthe advice

over a year ago

I dont have one but then an apple a day works for me

over a year ago

iPad with retina display here ! Love it . Going to get a mini one for work . Horses for courses depends how much you want to spend how long you plan to keep it ! Apple stuff will re-sell easier and hold a greater % of its purchase price ! But down size is your governed by its Os system which runs through iTunes ! Lots of apple haters around . But then lots of people don't like android . I guess it all boils down to personal preferences . Try out all the ones your interested in an make a decision that your happy with an pick the one that suits you. Don't be influenced by others poor judgement

Post new Message to Thread