Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Deleted messages

Jump to newest

By *elix Sighted OP   Man
2 hours ago

Cloud 8

A query, good forum folks, if you will indulge me.

Are sent messages no longer being shown as deleted once they have actually been deleted?

I always immediately bin my sent items but sometimes look at a profile and see I messaged them weeks/months ago, and that it was read but not deleted. I can’t believe that all of my messages have been read and kept instead of being deleted.

Not that I’m fussed either way, of course, just curious. Anyone any knowledge on this or experienced the same?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *r John WickMan
2 hours ago

The Continental

[Removed by poster at 01/10/24 12:23:33]

By *r John WickMan
2 hours ago

The Continental

There’s a read or deleted in brackets next to sent mail. Where it show the time sent.

2 hours ago

Cloud 8

"There’s a read or deleted in brackets next to sent mail. Where it show the time sent."

Thanks John and that’s where I’ve been looking but it never says ‘deleted’. I refuse to believe I haven’t had a single message deleted!

By *r John WickMan
2 hours ago

The Continental

You must be the chosen one.

I’ve got read, replied, and deleted scattered about my sent box.

You must teach me the ways Sensei. 🥋

2 hours ago

Cloud 8

"You must be the chosen one.

I’ve got read, replied, and deleted scattered about my sent box.

You must teach me the ways Sensei. 🥋"

😆😆 You won’t learn much from me old cheese. But thanks for the answer, it satisfies my curiosity.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
2 hours ago

Tamworth

Mine is the same - read and replied only. I don’t believe none of the messages, especially the older ones, have been deleted so I don’t know.

2 hours ago

Cloud 8

"Mine is the same - read and replied only. I don’t believe none of the messages, especially the older ones, have been deleted so I don’t know. "

Argh! And I thought we had it sorted - confusion still reigns

By *rimson_RoseWoman
2 hours ago

Tamworth

"Mine is the same - read and replied only. I don’t believe none of the messages, especially the older ones, have been deleted so I don’t know.

Argh! And I thought we had it sorted - confusion still reigns "

Chaos can be good. Sometimes.

1 hour ago

Cloud 8

Okay to those I’ve messaged about this, I have now deleted your messages. What’s the verdict?

1 hour ago

Cloud 8

I’ve looked at both messages I sent you from my sent items and through your profile and they just say ‘read’

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
1 hour ago

Leeds

I rarely delete, that takes an extra click, plus it shows the repeat messages so I can block if they become annoying.

Mrs

1 hour ago

Cloud 8

"I rarely delete, that takes an extra click, plus it shows the repeat messages so I can block if they become annoying.

Mrs "

That puts a new spin on things. If that’s a typical ‘strategy’ then I can better believe my messages aren’t actually being deleted. I just assumed at least some of them would be.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
1 hour ago

Tamworth

"I’ve looked at both messages I sent you from my sent items and through your profile and they just say ‘read’"

Read 🤷🏼‍♀️

1 hour ago

Cloud 8

"I’ve looked at both messages I sent you from my sent items and through your profile and they just say ‘read’

Read 🤷🏼‍♀️"

Ok so this must be a glitch. I thought maybe fab had removed the ‘deleted’ label but Mr John Wick has seen some of his messages deleted.

By *laytonAMan
19 minutes ago

Newport

I think there is a bug when you have an exchange and they delete the message chat, as sometimes I see the same i.e. message is there in list showing as read but when I click the message it shows my sent text but other person's messages are gone....

By *eroLondonMan
16 minutes ago

Mayfair

Felix, cease and desist on this thread now. This is a PR disaster for you: women will now think twice about messaging you because they will just assume you will delete their messages without even engaging with them.

By *a LunaWoman
15 minutes ago

South

Perhaps the site stopped showing “deleted” as it upsets folk?

By *agnar73Man
11 minutes ago

Glasgow

Haven’t messaged in a while but assume it’s better to not delete until read or deleted at the other end?

I’d also give someone a week before I’d think of deleting knowing how full most women’s inboxes are.

Post new Message to Thread