Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Man United Fans

Jump to newest

By *ovelifelovefuntimes OP   Man
2 days ago

Where ever I lay my hat

My condolences, we are witnessing the death of a football team. Can they pull it back?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andynecklaceWoman
2 days ago

West Brom

Man united live off the glory from years ago when their manager was paying refs off. The nerve of them to point fingers at other teams lol it's such a joke

By *or-QueeningMan
2 days ago

Manchester

"My condolences, we are witnessing the death of a football team. Can they pull it back?"

Unlikely. We were awful even before the (harsh) red card. Players second to every ball, passing straight to Spurs players...the only wonder is that (so far) it's only 2-0.

By *heGateKeeperMan
2 days ago

Stratford

He has to be sacked tonight 🤣

2 days ago

Where ever I lay my hat

"He has to be sacked tonight 🤣"

You'd have to think they can't go on with him. They look all over the place.

By *aughty_Smooth_OperatorMan
2 days ago

Birmingham

It’s miserable watching them play so so poor

By *ools and the brainCouple
2 days ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm torn, I fucking hate United but it's Spurs ewwwww

By *ickylouCouple
2 days ago

Bi

"He has to be sacked tonight 🤣

You'd have to think they can't go on with him. They look all over the place. "

Hopefully they get Southgate 😂😂😂😂

By *or-QueeningMan
2 days ago

Manchester

The problem today has been two many individual errors. ETH can't prevent players from failing to execute basic passes. He won't last the season though, but at least he's won two trophies.

By *ampireLoveMan
2 days ago

Essex & Bristol

Did we lose yet again?!? Notice I don’t follow the results anymore 🤦🏽‍♂️

By *aptain Caveman41Man
2 days ago

Home

so how many managers have got it wrong with this current squad

2 days ago

couple, us we him her.

Hopefully they get Southgate 😂😂😂😂"

Well he did say he wants a job that is nothing to do with football

Babysitting a bunch of overpaid primadonna's will be his job.

By *orthern BeardMan
2 days ago

Preston

We’ve been shite for ages! That was never a red card though. Most reds are apathetic about it these days.

I’ll still dine out of the fact we ruined the childhoods of 90% of football fans for a good period of time.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
2 days ago

North West

"Did we lose yet again?!? Notice I don’t follow the results anymore 🤦🏽‍♂️"

It's not finished yet. Celebrations or commiserations should wait another 20 mins. Theoretically, anything could happen.....

2 days ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Hopefully they get Southgate 😂😂😂😂

Well he did say he wants a job that is nothing to do with football

Babysitting a bunch of overpaid primadonna's will be his job."

can't see him at United but would be funny watching him make them worse.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
2 days ago

in Lancashire

No..

They should honour his contract..

By *iker JackMan
2 days ago

Wolverhampton

3….

2 days ago

in Lancashire

"3…."

That'll hurt, Solanke being an ex Liverpool player..

By *uzzieboyMan
2 days ago

taunton

Wrong shape ball for me

2 days ago

couple, us we him her.

Biggest club in the world, apparently

By *eordieJeansCouple
2 days ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Ten Hag should be knighted for his contributions to football 🤣

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

Cmon it's not like Man U are shite, they're actually worse than that.

Contract extension for ETH haha...

Please, pretty please.

Mrs x

2 days ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Looking forward to Ten Hags post match interview

By *llaBelle1Woman
2 days ago

Here, there & everywhere!!

"My condolences, we are witnessing the death of a football team. Can they pull it back?"

My hubby says most fans are already on the motorway back home to Surrey

By *8on33Man
2 days ago

winfrith

does it really matter in the greater scheme of things?

By *ife NinjaMan
2 days ago

Dunfermline

You've now become use to the Sheffield wednesday experience

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

"My condolences, we are witnessing the death of a football team. Can they pull it back?

My hubby says most fans are already on the motorway back home to Surrey "

Mrs x

By *hohMan
2 days ago

greater london

But the real question is is there anyone getting f**ked harder than Man Utd right now

By *inky_couple2020Couple
2 days ago

North West

"Did we lose yet again?!? Notice I don’t follow the results anymore 🤦🏽‍♂️

It's not finished yet. Celebrations or commiserations should wait another 20 mins. Theoretically, anything could happen....."

This aged well

By *agatoXXXMan
2 days ago

A Place Where Time Runs Slow

Heart of Midlothian.

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

[Removed by poster at 29/09/24 18:26:41]

2 days ago

Where ever I lay my hat

"does it really matter in the greater scheme of things?"

No, but for those passionate about their sport and their team may like talking about it.

By *rishlad88Man
2 days ago

North County Dublin

"My condolences, we are witnessing the death of a football team. Can they pull it back?

My hubby says most fans are already on the motorway back home to Surrey Mrs x"

As a man u supporter since child hood gotta take good with the bad support the crest not the silverware 🏆

By *ll inclusiveMan
2 days ago

Swansea

I have supported United for 65 years. The Glazers just wanted money. Their interest was commercial gain. They got it.

But simce Sir Alex left that neglect has shown itself in poor decisions. Seems getting worse.£600 million spent by Ten Hag on moderate players.

United used to play lovely flowing football from Giggs and Scholes onwards. What now?

We are a mid table outfit. 10th to 12th.

By *aughty_Smooth_OperatorMan
2 days ago

Birmingham

Ten hag has to go tonight

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

If Bournemouth win tomorrow United will be 13th Mrs x

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

"Did we lose yet again?!? Notice I don’t follow the results anymore 🤦🏽‍♂️

It's not finished yet. Celebrations or commiserations should wait another 20 mins. Theoretically, anything could happen....."

… hmmm

By *llaandGCouple
2 days ago

London

I went to watch them win 7-0 the other week! (Yes, I know…)

Ella x

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

My hubby says most fans are already on the motorway back home to Surrey "

Catch an early train …

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

Ella x"

… against … ahem … Barnsley

By *llaandGCouple
2 days ago

London

Ella x

… against … ahem … Barnsley "

It’s a win I’ll never see again, I suspect!

By *os19Man
2 days ago

Edmonton

As a Man Utd fan I am disappointed in the performance but when you go 1-0 down and then have a man sent off it’s always going to be difficult to get back into the game.I am also a firm believer that if you are the right man to start the season then you are the right man to finish the season.In Erik ten Hag case in his first two seasons he has won two cups and a 3rd place finish so in my eyes he should be judged at the end of the season not less than 10 games into the season.

By *hohMan
2 days ago

greater london

Utd are mid level team but the players act like they are are top two team, blame the players first then manager

By *agatoXXXMan
2 days ago

A Place Where Time Runs Slow

Ella x

… against … ahem … Barnsley

It’s a win I’ll never see again, I suspect! "

You never know, the play Rangers in the Europa League...

2 days ago

Where ever I lay my hat

"As a Man Utd fan I am disappointed in the performance but when you go 1-0 down and then have a man sent off it’s always going to be difficult to get back into the game.I am also a firm believer that if you are the right man to start the season then you are the right man to finish the season.In Erik ten Hag case in his first two seasons he has won two cups and a 3rd place finish so in my eyes he should be judged at the end of the season not less than 10 games into the season."

Admirable loyalty that said, they were hopeless well before the sending off and were lucky to be only 1-0 down, players seemed to lose their heads and lacked any sort of leadership. If I were Sir Jim I'd be making a change now. United fans (I'm not one) deserve better.

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

"As a Man Utd fan I am disappointed in the performance but when you go 1-0 down and then have a man sent off it’s always going to be difficult to get back into the game.I am also a firm believer that if you are the right man to start the season then you are the right man to finish the season.In Erik ten Hag case in his first two seasons he has won two cups and a 3rd place finish so in my eyes he should be judged at the end of the season not less than 10 games into the season."
I hope you are right, let's hope he signs a huge contract extension...

Mrs x

By *heekyScouser01Man
2 days ago

By you

Can definitely see him going very soon.

Could see Eddie Howe doing a pretty good job there too be honest. Even though I absolutely despise United haha!

By *pentoall555Man
2 days ago

benfleet

Of course. First step manager has to go very quickly

By *ackformore100Man
2 days ago

Tin town

Yep I think he's gone.

Big Sam s the ticket.

By *os19Man
2 days ago

Edmonton

"As a Man Utd fan I am disappointed in the performance but when you go 1-0 down and then have a man sent off it’s always going to be difficult to get back into the game.I am also a firm believer that if you are the right man to start the season then you are the right man to finish the season.In Erik ten Hag case in his first two seasons he has won two cups and a 3rd place finish so in my eyes he should be judged at the end of the season not less than 10 games into the season.

Admirable loyalty that said, they were hopeless well before the sending off and were lucky to be only 1-0 down, players seemed to lose their heads and lacked any sort of leadership. If I were Sir Jim I'd be making a change now. United fans (I'm not one) deserve better."

. Not necessarily loyalty more a case in my eyes he has credit in the bank with 2 cup wins in 2 seasons.As a Man Utd fan for me Erik ten Hag has to be getting into the top 4 this season.He has spent £600million so far and the majority of those players was who he wanted so whilst he can’t play the game for the players he needs to be getting more out of them.

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

"As a Man Utd fan I am disappointed in the performance but when you go 1-0 down and then have a man sent off it’s always going to be difficult to get back into the game.I am also a firm believer that if you are the right man to start the season then you are the right man to finish the season.In Erik ten Hag case in his first two seasons he has won two cups and a 3rd place finish so in my eyes he should be judged at the end of the season not less than 10 games into the season.

Admirable loyalty that said, they were hopeless well before the sending off and were lucky to be only 1-0 down, players seemed to lose their heads and lacked any sort of leadership. If I were Sir Jim I'd be making a change now. United fans (I'm not one) deserve better.. Not necessarily loyalty more a case in my eyes he has credit in the bank with 2 cup wins in 2 seasons.As a Man Utd fan for me Erik ten Hag has to be getting into the top 4 this season.He has spent £600million so far and the majority of those players was who he wanted so whilst he can’t play the game for the players he needs to be getting more out of them."

Yes, absolutely he has credit in the bank, let's hope he takes out a loan and a few credit cards too.

ETH 4 Manu 4 ever.... Mrs x

By *os19Man
2 days ago

Edmonton

"As a Man Utd fan I am disappointed in the performance but when you go 1-0 down and then have a man sent off it’s always going to be difficult to get back into the game.I am also a firm believer that if you are the right man to start the season then you are the right man to finish the season.In Erik ten Hag case in his first two seasons he has won two cups and a 3rd place finish so in my eyes he should be judged at the end of the season not less than 10 games into the season.I hope you are right, let's hope he signs a huge contract extension...

Mrs x"

. If he wins the Europa League this season we will automatically be in next season’s Champions League.Our board will have to look at a range of things before deciding if they will offer him a new contract.

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

"As a Man Utd fan I am disappointed in the performance but when you go 1-0 down and then have a man sent off it’s always going to be difficult to get back into the game.I am also a firm believer that if you are the right man to start the season then you are the right man to finish the season.In Erik ten Hag case in his first two seasons he has won two cups and a 3rd place finish so in my eyes he should be judged at the end of the season not less than 10 games into the season.I hope you are right, let's hope he signs a huge contract extension...

Mrs x. If he wins the Europa League this season we will automatically be in next season’s Champions League.Our board will have to look at a range of things before deciding if they will offer him a new contract."

Wins the Europa League, now that's a good one Mrs x

By *os19Man
2 days ago

Edmonton

Mrs x. If he wins the Europa League this season we will automatically be in next season’s Champions League.Our board will have to look at a range of things before deciding if they will offer him a new contract.Wins the Europa League, now that's a good one Mrs x"

. Essentially we are a cup team after all we did beat Man City to win the FA cup last season so why not the Europa League we could end up playing Tottenham in the final.

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

Mrs x. If he wins the Europa League this season we will automatically be in next season’s Champions League.Our board will have to look at a range of things before deciding if they will offer him a new contract.Wins the Europa League, now that's a good one Mrs x. Essentially we are a cup team after all we did beat Man City to win the FA cup last season so why not the Europa League we could end up playing Tottenham in the final."

You seriously think you could beat Man City again in a final and you've just been hammered by Tottenham, you couldn't even beat FC Twente the other week...

Mrs x

By *os19Man
2 days ago

Edmonton

Mrs x. If he wins the Europa League this season we will automatically be in next season’s Champions League.Our board will have to look at a range of things before deciding if they will offer him a new contract.Wins the Europa League, now that's a good one Mrs x. Essentially we are a cup team after all we did beat Man City to win the FA cup last season so why not the Europa League we could end up playing Tottenham in the final.You seriously think you could beat Man City again in a final and you've just been hammered by Tottenham, you couldn't even beat FC Twente the other week...

Mrs x"

. Come May / June when cup finals are played anything can happen on the day as the history of football tells us.

By *ackformore100Man
2 days ago

Tin town

Mrs x. If he wins the Europa League this season we will automatically be in next season’s Champions League.Our board will have to look at a range of things before deciding if they will offer him a new contract.Wins the Europa League, now that's a good one Mrs x. Essentially we are a cup team after all we did beat Man City to win the FA cup last season so why not the Europa League we could end up playing Tottenham in the final.You seriously think you could beat Man City again in a final and you've just been hammered by Tottenham, you couldn't even beat FC Twente the other week...

Mrs x"

As Jose said only today.. You dont win anything in September... Now Jose back to utd. There's a thing.

By *essiCouple
2 days ago

suffolk

Beyond abysmal in the words of a life long Man Utd supporter who was there today for her birthday treat..

By *asycouple1971Couple
2 days ago

midlands

It's a work in progress. Give the manager a few more months.

By *uke-de-PleasureMan
2 days ago

Leeds

"Man united live off the glory from years ago when their manager was paying refs off. "

Wait for the large brown envelope asking you to appear in court to defend your comments.

Oh and don't forget to bring your car keys. And house keys. And the shirt off your back too. You won't be needing any of them after.

By *oeBeansMan
2 days ago

Derby

Didn't get a chance to watch the match but the stats made for grim reading. I'm not sure what's worse though, the result or the people who think they're funny making the same tired "give him a contract extension" joke that's been seen a million tiles on the Internet.

By *os19Man
2 days ago

Edmonton

Mrs x

As Jose said only today.. You dont win anything in September... Now Jose back to utd. There's a thing. "

. Yes Jose is correct you don’t win anything in September.I personally didn’t want him as Man Utd manager when we appointed him in 2016 and I wouldn’t want him now as we have enough problems without him falling out with everyone.

By *asycouple1971Couple
2 days ago

midlands

Sacking managers doesn't work with Man United.

It's the players that need looking at.

Toxic environment at Old Trafford.

ETH has won a few trophies and is still in Europe, not many managers can say that.

Give him until Xmas atleast.

2 days ago

in Lancashire

"Sacking managers doesn't work with Man United.

ETH has won a few trophies and is still in Europe, not many managers can say that.

Give him until Xmas atleast. "

Problem is how many of the current squad have been brought in by Ten Hag..

20 I read, and nearly £600 million..

So if there's a problem with the players, if it's toxic who is that down to..?

2 days ago

Where ever I lay my hat

"It's a work in progress. Give the manager a few more months."

He's had 2.5 years.....

By *oeBeansMan
2 days ago

Derby

So if there's a problem with the players, if it's toxic who is that down to..?"

The scouting and board above him at the time have to take some blame as well. It's one thing for EtH to highlight players he wants, but if the structure above him is shit enough to not have a plan for it, then ludicrous spending is bound to happen.

2 days ago

in Lancashire

The scouting and board above him at the time have to take some blame as well. It's one thing for EtH to highlight players he wants, but if the structure above him is shit enough to not have a plan for it, then ludicrous spending is bound to happen."

The structure yes, but they won't get sacked before the Manager..

And they're not the ones doing the day to day coaching etc and aren't there on the bench on match days..

By *oeBeansMan
2 days ago

Derby

The scouting and board above him at the time have to take some blame as well. It's one thing for EtH to highlight players he wants, but if the structure above him is shit enough to not have a plan for it, then ludicrous spending is bound to happen.

The structure yes, but they won't get sacked before the Manager..

And they're not the ones doing the day to day coaching etc and aren't there on the bench on match days.."

First, they already have. Arnold, Murtough, various scouts, gone when INEOS took over.

And that's why I said they have to take some blame. Not all the blame.

By *oeBeansMan
2 days ago

Derby

Also, can I ask why the fuck these threads pop up whenever United lose? The of the league's supporters obsession is getting a bit unhealthy at this point. Go outside, get a hobby, hug your loved ones

2 days ago

in Lancashire

"Also, can I ask why the fuck these threads pop up whenever United lose? The of the league's supporters obsession is getting a bit unhealthy at this point. Go outside, get a hobby, hug your loved ones "

Suck it up Joe, it isn't going to stop..

It's nothing personal and you give it out when appropriate (not as often as you'd like perhaps)..

Speaking from experience it goes with the territory so don't let it get to you..

By *ellhungvweMan
2 days ago

Cheltenham

"Also, can I ask why the fuck these threads pop up whenever United lose? The of the league's supporters obsession is getting a bit unhealthy at this point. Go outside, get a hobby, hug your loved ones "

Take it as a compliment. You might be suffering at the moment but people remember that you have won more league titles than anyone else so of course they are going to enjoy the pain.

By *oeBeansMan
2 days ago

Derby

"Also, can I ask why the fuck these threads pop up whenever United lose? The of the league's supporters obsession is getting a bit unhealthy at this point. Go outside, get a hobby, hug your loved ones

It's nothing personal and you give it out when appropriate (not as often as you'd like perhaps)..

Speaking from experience it goes with the territory so don't let it get to you.."

It's not getting to me at all. I simply posed the question. If you'd rather tell me to suck it up than answer, that's on you.

By *milyRose321TV/TS
2 days ago

Derry, Ireland

Liverpool and United fans are well, me Chelsea ✋

2 days ago

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 29/09/24 22:15:40]

2 days ago

in Lancashire

"Also, can I ask why the fuck these threads pop up whenever United lose? The of the league's supporters obsession is getting a bit unhealthy at this point. Go outside, get a hobby, hug your loved ones

Speaking from experience it goes with the territory so don't let it get to you..

It's not getting to me at all. I simply posed the question. If you'd rather tell me to suck it up than answer, that's on you."

If you can't work it out that my last sentence might give you part of your answer then I'll leave to keep repeating your 'why us' question whenever these threads come up..

By *oeBeansMan
2 days ago

Derby

It's not getting to me at all. I simply posed the question. If you'd rather tell me to suck it up than answer, that's on you.

If you can't work it out that my last sentence might give you part of your answer then I'll leave to keep repeating your 'why us' question whenever these threads come up.. "

So seeing more the United ones than say Liverpool when they've had a down season or Chelsea whi have finished mid table is just "coming with the territory?" If you can't see the difference then you've not been paying attention.

2 days ago

in Lancashire

If you can't work it out that my last sentence might give you part of your answer then I'll leave to keep repeating your 'why us' question whenever these threads come up..

So seeing more the United ones than say Liverpool when they've had a down season or Chelsea whi have finished mid table is just "coming with the territory?" If you can't see the difference then you've not been paying attention."

It's always been the way, as the poster above says it goes with the territory..

In some ways the inevitability of it is down to other teams in my lifetime not having the success your lot and my lot have had for long periods and when that wanes as it has with both in that time also the flack is going to come in large..

Moaning why us again cos we got trounced when a big win gets given the big un doesn't cut it..

Anyway MOTD 2 is on..

By *oeBeansMan
2 days ago

Derby

"It's always been the way, as the poster above says it goes with the territory..

In some ways the inevitability of it is down to other teams in my lifetime not having the success your lot and my lot have had for long periods and when that wanes as it has with both in that time also the flack is going to come in large..

Moaning why us again cos we got trounced when a big win gets given the big un doesn't cut it..

Anyway MOTD 2 is on..

"

Firstly, you posted that. Don't pin that on someone else. Also, the obsession with hating you lot wasn't as widespread or easily seen because your best years came before the internet was a thing. Ultimately, you're not subjected to the same unoriginal, shite jokes regardless of how big the defeat is

By *ackformore100Man
2 days ago

Tin town

So seeing more the United ones than say Liverpool when they've had a down season or Chelsea whi have finished mid table is just "coming with the territory?" If you can't see the difference then you've not been paying attention.

It's always been the way, as the poster above says it goes with the territory..

Anyway MOTD 2 is on..

"

Watching it now. Could have been about 8 nil! It was like a training game for spuds

2 days ago

in Lancashire

"It's always been the way, as the poster above says it goes with the territory..

Anyway MOTD 2 is on..

Firstly, you posted that. Don't pin that on someone else. Also, the obsession with hating you lot wasn't as widespread or easily seen because your best years came before the internet was a thing. Ultimately, you're not subjected to the same unoriginal, shite jokes regardless of how big the defeat is"

I did yes and I'm not trying to pin anything on anyone, personally I don't go with hate despite the rivalry..

There's no place for hate..

My best man and mate of many years was a season ticket holder at Old Trafford, maybe I best tell him that with all the stick he's given me over the last forty plus years (77 FA cup final stands out) that he's getting it more because of tech and I'll lay off because of that..

2 days ago

in Lancashire

That wasn't a red card..

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS
2 days ago

Glasgow

Mrs x"

Isn't that why they say it's a funny old game.

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

Mrs x

Isn't that why they say it's a funny old game."

You're tight and that would be hilarious, Mrs x

By *ortyairCouple
2 days ago

Wallasey

Mrs x

Isn't that why they say it's a funny old game.You're tight and that would be hilarious, Mrs x"

Right even ffs haha, Mrs x

1 day ago

Glasgow

Mrs x

Isn't that why they say it's a funny old game.You're tight and that would be hilarious, Mrs xRight even ffs haha, Mrs x"

I might be right and tight..

By *annersandrespectMan
1 day ago

Here and there

It's the ol' saying " can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear " ..you could have the best manager in the world & he'd still struggle with those players at that level, to me personally ,& have been a United fan all my life , at that level they have players that are stone wall useless as professionals go , Utd have the biggest cribber , cribs about everything ,Fernandes, the biggest waste of £160 Million EVER in HM & Anthony,other players that wear the Utd jersey but are league 1 & 2 standard, it just goes to show that you don't have to be good to play for Utd now , just lucky , astronomical wages & absolutely crap performance's but the sad thing is the Manager always gets the bullet not the players , have always said it players contracts protect them way too much ,if those players were in ordinary jobs & turning out work like they play they'd be sacked cause no employer could afford to keep them but hey they're so protected by their contracts it's laughable.oh btw l was followed United when they might win a Cup , never won the league but they had pride & passion.

By *inkyropecoupleCouple
1 day ago

carluke

"I'm torn, I fucking hate United but it's Spurs ewwwww "

Lesser of two evils

By *immyinreadingMan
1 day ago

henley on thames

Admirable loyalty that said, they were hopeless well before the sending off and were lucky to be only 1-0 down, players seemed to lose their heads and lacked any sort of leadership. If I were Sir Jim I'd be making a change now. United fans (I'm not one) deserve better."

Agreed. Anyone thinking the red card has a significant impact on the game didn’t watch it.

By *immyinreadingMan
1 day ago

henley on thames

"It's the ol' saying " can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear " ..you could have the best manager in the world & he'd still struggle with those players at that level, to me personally ,& have been a United fan all my life , at that level they have players that are stone wall useless as professionals go , Utd have the biggest cribber , cribs about everything ,Fernandes, the biggest waste of £160 Million EVER in HM & Anthony,other players that wear the Utd jersey but are league 1 & 2 standard, it just goes to show that you don't have to be good to play for Utd now , just lucky , astronomical wages & absolutely crap performance's but the sad thing is the Manager always gets the bullet not the players , have always said it players contracts protect them way too much ,if those players were in ordinary jobs & turning out work like they play they'd be sacked cause no employer could afford to keep them but hey they're so protected by their contracts it's laughable.oh btw l was followed United when they might win a Cup , never won the league but they had pride & passion."

So you are saying they have spent over a billion on players and still don’t have a good squad?

By *phrodisiac2000Man
1 day ago

Richdale

They had their time in the sun

Lots of clubs died did they care about clubs like Bury , no they didn’t really couid have pumped some money in but didn’t

Ps I’m not a footy fan it’s just my opinion no offence to anyone

By *immyinreadingMan
1 day ago

henley on thames

"That wasn't a red card.."

Look again. Yes it was. BF should also be given an extended ban for refusing to leave the field.

By *immyinreadingMan
1 day ago

henley on thames

Because so many of us know so many United fans who were utter arses in the glory days.

Payback time!

By *oonbath89Man
1 day ago

radstock

As a Newcastle fan I think Ten Hag is doing a fantastic job and I think I speak on behalf of the other 19 teams in the prem when I I say give the man a long term contract and Norwich city scarf

By *eordieJeansCouple
1 day ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We have hobbies… supporting our local team 🤣

1 day ago

couple, us we him her.

You see when the whole " sack the manger" shit comes out I find it difficult to understand why the players don't get as much scrutiny?

What I mean is, at this level they are very experienced professional players who have been in the game since early teens and possibly even younger thru academies

And so on.

These players should by now know the game inside out,ok so a manger may pick the line up and system before the match but during its pretty much 99% down to the players to act and play , they pretty much decide to play or not.

So shouldn't the players be penalised first?

By *hesubtlegentMan
1 day ago

surrey

As a Tottenham supporter, I’m quite disappointed we didn’t score more. We had the opportunities but didn’t take them. Should have been a 6 or 7-0 game.

By *ackformore100Man
1 day ago

Tin town

"You see when the whole " sack the manger" shit comes out I find it difficult to understand why the players don't get as much scrutiny?

What I mean is, at this level they are very experienced professional players who have been in the game since early teens and possibly even younger thru academies

And so on.

These players should by now know the game inside out,ok so a manger may pick the line up and system before the match but during its pretty much 99% down to the players to act and play , they pretty much decide to play or not.

So shouldn't the players be penalised first?"

Well yes but ever we're it thus. What's interesting is utd have been under performing for a decade and multiple managers. They even bring new players in and seem to break them. I wonder if even klopp / ancelotti / pep could get a consistent tune out of that squad. I feel a bit sorry for ten hag but he's had 100 games so should be able to get his players to run around a bit rather than standing still and gesticulating.

1 day ago

Glasgow

"You see when the whole " sack the manger" shit comes out I find it difficult to understand why the players don't get as much scrutiny?

And so on.

So shouldn't the players be penalised first?

Well yes but ever we're it thus. What's interesting is utd have been under performing for a decade and multiple managers. They even bring new players in and seem to break them. I wonder if even klopp / ancelotti / pep could get a consistent tune out of that squad. I feel a bit sorry for ten hag but he's had 100 games so should be able to get his players to run around a bit rather than standing still and gesticulating."

I don't think Pep/Klopp would accept performances like this. Especially the lack of effort. If there's one thing above all else those 2 have is their players seem willing to run though brick walls for them.

They both seem to improve players they inherited at clubs. A big part of that is probably just getting players to maximise effort. Plus if you don't perform for them you don't last at the club. ETH will come out after a game and from his interview you would think they had won 3-0, not lost by that score.

By *oeBeansMan
1 day ago

Derby

Ok, so fromy point of view I was always EtH in regardless of last season's FA Cup result because of a few reasons. We had an insane number of injuries which would take its toll on any side, we finished 3rd with a cup the season before, I was sick of us sacking managers with no real plan or backup, I genuinely thought he had a good style of play in being quick in transitions and pressing high and just didn't think we had the players to do it.

I think most United fans knew this was make or break for him with the new ownership and getting more of his style o players in, but some of the performances have been shocking, and while there have been individual errors that aren't his fault - defensive lapses, not finishing chances as we've had the most number of "big chances" in the league - the fact we still can't seem to cohesively press or break teams down is a worry and just don't know what it will take to improve the team.

By *oinerbillMan
1 day ago

warrington

Bet Branthwaite is glad he didnt go there in the summer, they are shocking at the mo

By *atboynogymMan
1 day ago

kettering

It’s alright, you will have Southgate in charge soon

By *immyinreadingMan
1 day ago

henley on thames

And so on.

So shouldn't the players be penalised first?"

The players do come under scrutiny. Pundits, journalists etc get on players’ cases if they think the player is playing badly or not trying hard enough.

But they can’t just sack them, except in extreme circumstances such as gross misdemeanours, but not for playing badly. The reason is transfer costs, a player may have cost 50 million, and if you just tear up their contract you get none of that money back.

Managers are much easier and cheaper to get rid of.

By *annibal_LickedherMan
24 hours ago

The Side of the Mersey

Loving seeing them fall apart at the seams.

By *wisted999Man
24 hours ago

North Bucks

"It’s alright, you will have Southgate in charge soon "

Football gods willing!!!

By *heGateKeeperMan
22 hours ago

Stratford

“Lads, it’s Tottenham”

By *ackformore100Man
5 hours ago

Tin town

It was all over the media yet again this morning. It's become a bit of an obsession. An unhealthy one at that. Other football managers and clubs exist and nobody wins anything in September. It's a bit like when you see some sexy legs... You just can't help looking.

By *oeBeansMan
5 hours ago

Derby

"It was all over the media yet again this morning. It's become a bit of an obsession. An unhealthy one at that. Other football managers and clubs exist and nobody wins anything in September. It's a bit like when you see some sexy legs... You just can't help looking. "

Nooooo... Just need to suck it up and get on with it apparently.

By *aleforfun22Man
4 hours ago

Lancashire

Cant keep sacking managers cause the players spit there dummy out.but think ten hag time is nearly up.but if he gets sacked the same trouble makers are still there rashford and shaw get rid of them 2 and you have got rid of the cliche probably started by pogba and lingard.should of got rid of mount over mCctomminy.i no united are a big club but they dont need to be main headlines or talked about on every channel for hours.they are a average team at the moment who deserve the same amount of coverage as west ham or bournemouth get.

4 hours ago

in Lancashire

"It was all over the media yet again this morning. It's become a bit of an obsession. An unhealthy one at that. Other football managers and clubs exist and nobody wins anything in September. It's a bit like when you see some sexy legs... You just can't help looking.

Nooooo... Just need to suck it up and get on with it apparently."

It's much better than letting it get to you ..

Only a game after all..

By *rthur30Man
3 hours ago

Warrington

Usually, I would react with glee to Utd misfortunes. However, with my own team's ineptitude, I have no emotion left to spare. But I am still chuckling over their relegation from the top division in the 70’s.

By *eordieJeansCouple
3 hours ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"It was all over the media yet again this morning. It's become a bit of an obsession. An unhealthy one at that. Other football managers and clubs exist and nobody wins anything in September. It's a bit like when you see some sexy legs... You just can't help looking.

Nooooo... Just need to suck it up and get on with it apparently."

I’ve been doing that since the day I was born with the exception of about 4 seasons where we actually challenged but ended up with nothing.

By *ilk_TrayMan
2 hours ago

Hampshire

Please keep Ten Hag in the MUFC job. Or better yet, appoint Gareth Southgate

Post new Message to Thread