Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gym work out help

Jump to newest

By *hyguy9i OP   Man
18 hours ago

Merthyr Tydfil

Hi all, so I've been working out lately most due to work and some other reasons. But unfortunately I suck at figuring out a good workout out routine, tried some apps and online workouts but don't seem to make progress.

Just wondering what you guys use app or online workout. Any help would be much appreciated 🙂

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
18 hours ago

Lincoln

What are you goals first of all? Is it weight loss/ gain? Athletic fitness for a particular sport, general health, bodybuilding etc.?

LvM

By *hyguy9i OP   Man
18 hours ago

Merthyr Tydfil

Most health wise and to increase my strength maybe but if weight loss

By *ellhungvweMan
18 hours ago

Cheltenham

If you are just starting then I would suggest something that focuses on the main compound moves - squats, deadlift, bench press. Something like the 5x5 could be a reasonable base.

By *hyguy9i OP   Man
18 hours ago

Merthyr Tydfil

"If you are just starting then I would suggest something that focuses on the main compound moves - squats, deadlift, bench press. Something like the 5x5 could be a reasonable base."

Haven't really started but at same time only fully getting to the gym 4 times a week as I've had some health issues and due to work didn't have the time. I've managed to increase my weight to lift with deadlifts and squats but struggling with anything arm based alot. But have recently gone up weights for it.

By *uckingFutzMan
18 hours ago

Plymouth

Look up push pull workouts

By *r_BrightSparkMan
18 hours ago

Barnet

I do compound movements using free weights for 3 expertises and then use machines to finally stress the muscle. I would also add find a routine that works for you and stay consistent with it and diet plus rest is a major part of seeing progress.

By *ellhungvweMan
18 hours ago

Cheltenham

"If you are just starting then I would suggest something that focuses on the main compound moves - squats, deadlift, bench press. Something like the 5x5 could be a reasonable base.

Haven't really started but at same time only fully getting to the gym 4 times a week as I've had some health issues and due to work didn't have the time. I've managed to increase my weight to lift with deadlifts and squats but struggling with anything arm based alot. But have recently gone up weights for it."

Take it slowly. Start from a low base and just slowly add weight. Don’t rush it. Starting from an empty barbell and just adding a couple kilos a session is reasonable. Focus on form and just make sure you keep on turning up. Consistency is more important than _anything_ else.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
18 hours ago

Central

It's really important to have realistic expectations and to not push yourself too much, as everyone can get injuries - but as a beginner, you may be more susceptible to them.

Many gyms will provide gym programmes, to match goals. See if any staff there might support you.

By *hiteWitchXXXWoman
18 hours ago

North Wales

When I know I’m only going to the gym 3 times in a week then I’ll focus on lifting the big 3 as it’s covering the muscle groups. I know what you mean about the arms. With the bench press I was only lifting the bar itself, which is 20kg, for the longest time. Once I corrected my technique Im adding on alittle more weight so it’s definitely worth focusing on your technique and asking yourself are you doing it correctly

Post new Message to Thread