Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is age just a feeling?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
1 day ago

From the land of haribos.

I would say that we actually only are as old as we feel, rather than an age and it seems that evidence is showing that as well.

Did you know that it is called our subjective age, it reflects and affects our physical health, not just that but also the mental wellbeing, attitude to work and even how long we live.

That got me wondering how you feel about it, do you agree with it, do you feel your age?

I dont feel my age. I am 42 and I feel like I am in my early 20s or so, peter pan forever

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lue Eyed JokerMan
1 day ago

Always on the move

In some ways I definitely agree OP. In my head I'm still a spritely young 20 something full of hopes, dreams, ebenery, libido and aspirations. And then of a morning my body makes creaks and cracks like an old abandoned house.

Also, I ventured to a local public house not too long ago, and was clearly old enough to have fathered ever single person in there. That was a thump back to reality and my actual age 😂

By *atboynogymMan
1 day ago

kettering

I still feel 21

By *mileyculturebelfastMan
1 day ago

belfast

No. Age is an actual thing.

By *eeshelleTV/TS
1 day ago

Marlow

I think it depends if you act your age.

By *arla SwingerWoman
1 day ago

Somewhere

I feel 45 and then some! 7yrs ago when I was gymming, running, competing... I still felt my age - but better than to be 'local cyclist, gets dragged under bus'...

Vs current - could barely bike, got run over 👍

By *ries AngelWoman
1 day ago

poole

I don’t feel 56 and I’ve been told I don’t look it. Think age is a mindset but then you realize you can’t do some of the things you used to but I think that’s because you stopped doing them. I did a forward roll to prove to my granddaughter a. That i knew what it was and B. I could do one..big mistake something clicked in my neck took 2 weeks to get back to normal!

By *aven.Woman
1 day ago

Not the North West...

I feel dead op

By *uicy 2020Woman
1 day ago

London

Physically i sometimes feel older than my age due to some health issues. But mentally i dont feel like im an adult yet!

By *avexxMan
1 day ago

cheshire

in my head i dont feel my age prob the same for a lot of folk, the body not as supple for sure

By *reggSausageMan
1 day ago

derby

Physically sometimes I’m 53, I will sneeze and put my back out for two weeks but most of the time if you stay as active as possible you will stay ‘younger for longer’

By *ell GwynnWoman
1 day ago

North Yorkshire

I don't know what other 42 year olds feel like, so 🤷‍♀️

I don't feel like a proper grownup yet.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
1 day ago

Staffordshire

I completely agree shag.

The last 2-3 years I’ve slowed down and lately I do feel like I’m slipping into ‘old’.

When I turned 40 in 2020 I was still playing sport at a competitive level, training twice a week and generally being very busy. Eating much better and regularly because I needed the energy.

I keep reprimanding myself to get back into a routine but I just don’t seem to have the motivation.

I feel like this is how feeling young ends.

Right!

That’s it.

I’m gonna go run later.

It starts here

By *ustBoWoman
1 day ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I'm 51 and yes my body feels like it's that age. When I was younger I would jump off walls and gates without a thought now I'm a lot more careful and am aware of how much it can hurt. I've aches and pains a lot of days that I can't explain.

In my mind I know my age but my 20's only seemed a short while ago until I realise it was over 20 years ago that I was in them.

Yes I am my age and I am happy enough there's nothing I can do anyhow. I wouldn't want to be in my 50's and being like I was in my 20's I've grown up since then and am happy with the person I am now,even if I have unexplained aches and pains quite often.

By *929Man
1 day ago

newcastle

To a certain degree yes, then things that are unavoidable no matter how young you are in mind arise and remind you of your actual age haha

By *lirty007Woman
1 day ago

norwich

As i say age is just a number so i am 35 . lol xxx I say do not think of me as a age but a person .

By *ddie1966Man
1 day ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

I still do things I did 20 years ago. I still fit in clothes that I fit into 20 years ago (they'll come back into fashion).

However, it takes me just a little longer to recover from my activities, and, where I used to rush headlong into tasks and rely on brute force and ignorance, I now take a more intelligent approach to things done usually get them done quicker.

Apparently, I don't look my age and neither do I feel it. Take 20 years off it and that would be a more realistic number for me.

By *ealitybitesMan
1 day ago

Belfast

In my head I'm still the greatest goalkeeper the local football league ever saw.

By *esco Value ThorMan
1 day ago

London

ate too many sweets last night and felt sick. 39 years old

By *oveseams69Man
1 day ago

durham

I believe it is, I’ve just turned 50 but feel younger now then when I was 30 and hornier

By *moothdickMan
1 day ago

stoke

Age is a number but on here it does seem that the older one gets the tougher it becomes on here to meet due to that number …

By *ggdrasil66Man
1 day ago

Saltdean

I’m a middle aged teenager. That’s not just a feeling, people are always trying to tell me to act my age. I don’t care what they say, I think it is their problem, they are sooooo dull. I will continue to grow older disgracefully.

By *havenhaven2Man
1 day ago

Perth

I’m 58 but feel younger, probably look after myself more than I did 20 years ago!! Love an early morning walk to get the heart going, it invigorates me for the day ahead, don’t drink/eat near as much nowadays, still have a very high sex drive and love sexy chat

By *ustamanMan
1 day ago

weymouth

I turn 65 in a couple of weeks my mind thinks I'm in my 30's this morning my body feels 80 🥴

By *weetkitten65Woman
1 day ago

Halifax

Age is definitely a feeling physically all the aches & pains.

But mentally I'm still 35..

By *upersonic SamMan
1 day ago

wigan

Still mentally young, look younger than I am but that hides that my joints are probably ageing terribly. An hour teaching a friend how to play golf last night and I’m stiff in all the wrong places today.

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
1 day ago

Norwich

I’ve lost 30 yards off my drives of 20 years ago despite better equipment and it absolutely sucks.

By *r.XratedMan
1 day ago

Liverpool

"I would say that we actually only are as old as we feel, rather than an age and it seems that evidence is showing that as well.

Did you know that it is called our subjective age, it reflects and affects our physical health, not just that but also the mental wellbeing, attitude to work and even how long we live.

That got me wondering how you feel about it, do you agree with it, do you feel your age?

I dont feel my age. I am 42 and I feel like I am in my early 20s or so, peter pan forever "

A 20 year old car is a 20 year old car whether it’s a banger or in mint condition

By *heWelshCoupleCouple
1 day ago

Swansea

My mind still thinks I’m 18, sometimes by body feels like I’m in my late 30s😂

By *orl1971Couple
1 day ago

Glasgow

Age is certainly real but it’s not the age of the car but the miles on the clock … and the maintenance it’s had.

If you exercise regularly, eat relatively clean, limit alcohol and don’t smoke then you tend to look and feel younger. At least in our experience.

We can still go out and run 10k with no training regime required and still get into the clothes sizes we wore 25 years ago. People our age can run 50 miles.

Lifestyle is the biggest factor in aging and lots of people just sit in with a beer and takeaway and watch TV. That lifestyle does age you more. Everyone knows this so age is fixed but what you can do, how you feel and how you look at an age are often down to how you treat your body.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
1 day ago

[Removed by poster at 18/09/24 09:45:11]

By *olfandtazCouple
1 day ago

Bristol

Age wise I'm closer to 50 than I am to 40, mentally I feel around 20 though, I'm growing old disgracefully lol

By *angOnBunnyCouple
1 day ago

Ipswich

Mentally we're childish teenagers. Bodywise we keep fit, although need to manage the weight as body age makes that harder. Also, bodywise we can damage ourselves by sleeping.

But overall, as we age, we realise life is fun and aim to enjoy it as much as we can, which tends to be more enjoyable than when we were younger xx

By *hagTonight OP   Man
1 day ago

"In some ways I definitely agree OP. In my head I'm still a spritely young 20 something full of hopes, dreams, ebenery, libido and aspirations. And then of a morning my body makes creaks and cracks like an old abandoned house.

Also, I ventured to a local public house not too long ago, and was clearly old enough to have fathered ever single person in there. That was a thump back to reality and my actual age 😂"

That is good you feel about 20 too

By *orkie70Man
1 day ago

Wakefield

Age wise I am 53 but my head thinks I am younger but my body says no you ain't

By *hiteWitchXXXWoman
1 day ago

North Wales

"I would say that we actually only are as old as we feel, rather than an age and it seems that evidence is showing that as well.

I dont feel my age. I am 42 and I feel like I am in my early 20s or so, peter pan forever "

OP you feel younger because you are active. At my gym one of the gym instructors is 70 years old and when I attend her body strong classes I'm crawling out on my back whilst she is still jumping about. Activity, using your muscles and correct nutrition will keep people feeling well

By *imples24Man
1 day ago

tamworth

I always feel younger than I am unless hungover and they are getting worse 🤣

By *hilloutMan
1 day ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I dont feel my age. I am 42 and I feel like I am in my early 20s or so, peter pan forever

OP you feel younger because you are active. At my gym one of the gym instructors is 70 years old and when I attend her body strong classes I'm crawling out on my back whilst she is still jumping about. Activity, using your muscles and correct nutrition will keep people feeling well "

Agreed 😁

By *weetkitten65Woman
1 day ago

Halifax

"I always feel younger than I am unless hungover and they are getting worse 🤣"

Agree...mine can go on all day now..

By *luebell888Woman
1 day ago

Glasgowish

I am nearly 60 but feel good as lead an active lifestyle and try to eat a healthy diet. Working full time, looking after my mum and walking my dogs keeps me on my toes. I think it's important to keep yourself busy the older you get.

By *imples24Man
1 day ago

tamworth

"I always feel younger than I am unless hungover and they are getting worse 🤣

Agree...mine can go on all day now.. "

Always makes me feel was it worth it then do it again without a thought 😂

By *hagTonight OP   Man
1 day ago

"I feel 45 and then some! 7yrs ago when I was gymming, running, competing... I still felt my age - but better than to be 'local cyclist, gets dragged under bus'...

Vs current - could barely bike, got run over 👍"

Hi marla. I see, you feel 45 and some, yes, it is better to be that too

By *actilenorfolkgentMan
1 day ago

Norwich

Over 70, still want to fuck and still can fuck, just need bit longer before 2nds! Lol

By *erfHerder74Man
1 day ago

Greenock

Time is made up to control and keep track of things.

If we have a soul then it is ageless,

Age shouldn’t matter but it does, especially if you apply it to sex. Some men in their 60s can perform better than 20 year olds

By *8on33Man
1 day ago

winfrith

Of course it's just a feeling we invented age for tracking purposes ,then we invented birthdays for shopping purposes having said that I'm starting to feel an age right now .

By *ophieslutTV/TS
1 day ago

Central

Somewhat it's true but there are definite physiological changes that occur in our body at certain ages. Some people are more fortunate and seem to age less quickly. Genetics plays some part and we can influence it too, through lifestyle choices and the environment we're in. But our mindset has big influence, until we're like Cnut, thinking he can stop the tide.

By *avexxMan
1 day ago

cheshire

when i was a young man i was always sporty i let myself go a bit after seeing holiday pictures i wasnt happy with my body so decided to start working out,, weights bench just to get toned up it didnt take long to get to the shape im in now tbh,,,yes i do get aches and pains i didnt get when i was a young man

By *agatoXXXMan
1 day ago

North Haverbrook

My brain is in my 20's, my body is in my 70's, at least.😕

By *hil most chillMan
1 day ago

London & Europe

I don't think I matured much past my 20s. I also think the 90s were 10 years ago. I remember as a young man thinking 40 was "old" but now I'm past that and still dont consider myself old. I think it's more about mindset. I know people younger than me that act way older and more boring.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
1 day ago

"I don’t feel 56 and I’ve been told I don’t look it. Think age is a mindset but then you realize you can’t do some of the things you used to but I think that’s because you stopped doing them. I did a forward roll to prove to my granddaughter a. That i knew what it was and B. I could do one..big mistake something clicked in my neck took 2 weeks to get back to normal! "
Hi aries, that is good you dont feel 56, you are right right there. I also think it is a mindset thing there too

By *arkus1812Man
24 hours ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Sadly age is not just a number, it is a reality as I have recently been reminded.

I am all of 84 years old, for the past 6 or 7 years I have adjusted my life to accommodate severe arthritis and also Atrial Fibrillation however in the last 2 weeks I have been advised that I now have Bowel Cancer and Prostate Cancer and for the first time for many years I feel my age, and my diary is filling up with hospital visits

So yes age is a reality.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
22 hours ago

Central

"Somewhat it's true but there are definite physiological changes that occur in our body at certain ages. Some people are more fortunate and seem to age less quickly. Genetics plays some part and we can influence it too, through lifestyle choices and the environment we're in. But our mindset has big influence, until we're like Cnut, thinking he can stop the tide. "

The recent evidence published shows these 2 very distinct periods when aging occurs very suddenly, at about 44 and 60 years old. They analysed 246 billion data points and found these 2 periods when our bodies as well our microbiomes change very suddenly, rather than the smooth transition that we're used to.

Shag, you may be about to find your 44 years old point

By *ongAndThick123Man
22 hours ago

Leeds

Evidence is showing that you are only as old as you feel?

By *ongAndThick123Man
22 hours ago

Leeds

"Sadly age is not just a number, it is a reality as I have recently been reminded.

I am all of 84 years old, for the past 6 or 7 years I have adjusted my life to accommodate severe arthritis and also Atrial Fibrillation however in the last 2 weeks I have been advised that I now have Bowel Cancer and Prostate Cancer and for the first time for many years I feel my age, and my diary is filling up with hospital visits

So yes age is a reality."

Aww I’m sorry to hear that! I hope everything goes as well as possible for you in your appointments

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
22 hours ago

Carlisle usually

Age is just age. How relevant that is to an individual varies wildly.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
22 hours ago

"I don't know what other 42 year olds feel like, so 🤷‍♀️

I don't feel like a proper grownup yet."

Hi nell, yes, it is good to not feel proper grown up too

By *orphia2003Woman
22 hours ago

Tonypandy.

Mentally, still in n my 20s. Physically, I know I'm 50

By *immyinreadingMan
22 hours ago

henley on thames

To a point. If you’re in your 50’s, for example, and eat, sleep and exercise well, then you can feel brilliant.

But too can’t ignore age, it’s real, not imaginary. It’s not “a feeling”.

With the same lifestyle, you just won’t be as strong or have the same vitality in your 60’s and 70’s. Age catches up you eventually, no matter what you do

By *hopkins6Man
22 hours ago

Dundalk

For me I think it’s just the taboo element with an age gap! Perhaps it’s the affects of the porn watched through the years 😂😂

By *hagTonight OP   Man
18 hours ago

"I feel dead op"
Hi raven, yes, one can feel that too

By *tephanjMan
18 hours ago

Kettering

I'm a zombie so age is not a problem

By *hagTonight OP   Man
9 hours ago

"As i say age is just a number so i am 35 . lol xxx I say do not think of me as a age but a person . "
Hi flirty, that is good, yes, age is just a number too

By *osey WalesMan
8 hours ago

Surrey

My body creaks, aches and pains remind me of my actual age.

But do I feel that old? No.

By *ecky and justCouple
8 hours ago

Godalming

I’ve refused to grow up..

Other than the necessities of being an adult and my job I’m early 20’s at heart still.

Although, some would suggest I’m a grumpy old git.. 😁

By *FGIHMan
8 hours ago

Chesterfield

Or does it depend on who you are feeling...

Post new Message to Thread