Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vasectomies are better

Jump to newest

By *electableicecream OP   Man
2 days ago

The West

Every since I've had the snip I've found that my orgasms have been deeper and more powerful.

Once the primal fear of accidental conception is removed it just feels better.

I did a bit of research and it seems quite a few men report increased satisfaction during sex post vasectomy.

Shout out to all the lads getting snipped.

If you haven't done it and your done heading kids it's worth considering!

The biggest surprise to me was the amount of my female friends that were impressed by a man taking taking the responsibility for contraception.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eordieJeansCouple
2 days ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It made no difference for me apart from getting rid of the fear when her period is a few days late.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
2 days ago

Carlisle usually

I do think many more men would have them.

At least they have the option of a simple snip. I've been arguing for 20 years about removing the risk of unwanted parasites and willing to go through much more invasive procedures, but they still won't do it 💜

2 days ago

The West

"It made no difference for me apart from getting rid of the fear when her period is a few days late."

It's worth it just for that!

By *eordieJeansCouple
2 days ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"It made no difference for me apart from getting rid of the fear when her period is a few days late.

It's worth it just for that!"

100%. It’s one of the best decisions we’ve made. We had complicated pregnancies and there’s no way either of us would want to go through it again.

By *heBigLibowskiMan
2 days ago

Hampshire

I booked in for one but chickened out a week or so before.

Just the thought of having my junk snipped...

2 days ago

The West

"I do think many more men would have them.

At least they have the option of a simple snip. I've been arguing for 20 years about removing the risk of unwanted parasites and willing to go through much more invasive procedures, but they still won't do it 💜"

I don't know what it's like in the UK but in post Catholic Ireland there's just no information available about vasectomies in the public sphere. Men think they are going to get castrated or will lose their testosterone.

I have a friend with a disability and a pregnancy would a huge risk her andthe health service still won't tie her tubes. Her guy just got the snip. Easy as.

By *ools and the brainCouple
2 days ago

couple, us we him her.

(scissors)

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
2 days ago

Carlisle usually

"I don't know what it's like in the UK but in post Catholic Ireland there's just no information available about vasectomies in the public sphere. Men think they are going to get castrated or will lose their testosterone.

I have a friend with a disability and a pregnancy would a huge risk her andthe health service still won't tie her tubes. Her guy just got the snip. Easy as."

It's not something that's put publicly as an option anywhere for sure.

But it is a simple job for any man with any amount of kids (including zero) to get on the waiting list with little to no argument. As a childless woman, they won't do anything. Even though I'm now of an age where a pregnancy is actually called a geriatric pregnancy and I'm too old to donate my eggs to someone who could at least make use of my unwanted fertility.

A friend of mine had ovarian cancer, mid 40s, 2 kids. They still tried to talk her out of a medically necessary for survival hysterectomy because she might regret it.

By *anchesterGuy1Man
2 days ago

Manchester

I had mine done years ago, and I agree it has definitely had a effect on me.....

Like you say it does effect the intensity of orgasms, but the other effect is that I can go for longer without getting there, but my recovery time for round 2 has been impeded

By *atboynogymMan
2 days ago

kettering

Have to say haven’t noticed any difference

By *mileyculturebelfastMan
2 days ago

belfast

Made absolutely no difference to me.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
2 days ago

A den in the Glen

If I took a whack to the plums I found it hurt less. Other than that, no difference.

2 days ago

The West

"I had mine done years ago, and I agree it has definitely had a effect on me.....

Like you say it does effect the intensity of orgasms, but the other effect is that I can go for longer without getting there, but my recovery time for round 2 has been impeded "

Recovery time might just be aging? Not that your old but things do start to change mid forties.

By *ornucopiaMan
2 days ago

Bexley

"

The biggest surprise to me was the amount of my female friends that were impressed by a man taking taking the responsibility for contraception."

The biggest surprise to me is that my statement that I am vasectomised is accepted without question!

By *ornucopiaMan
2 days ago

Bexley

"If I took a whack to the plums I found it hurt less. Other than that, no difference."

Must check that out by misselecting a bicycle some time!

By *ansoffateMan
2 days ago

Sagittarius A

I can't say that there's been any change in orgasm satisfaction. Maybe I was getting better sex? 🤔

But yes I was surprised by how many people approved of me taking responsibility for my contraception. In all honesty it was a female friend that suggested it to me. She said if you know you don't want more kids, give me one solid reason other than someone taking a knife to your testicles, not to do it.

I was surprised at how many women's reactions where: What really, so we don't need condoms fuck yes... Hang on do you have some kind of proof? Do they test you afterwards?

It's quite funny how a few of the same women were saying condoms don't make a difference before that.

Life is peculiar.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
2 days ago

BRIDPORT

"Every since I've had the snip I've found that my orgasms have been deeper and more powerful.

I did a bit of research and it seems quite a few men report increased satisfaction during sex post vasectomy.

The biggest surprise to me was the amount of my female friends that were impressed by a man taking taking the responsibility for contraception."

^^^ He thinks it makes a vas deferens…….I’ll get me coat.

By *ickylouCouple
2 days ago

Bi

Best thing I did. Most men are worried about the pain. It’s a little discomfort and a dull ache.

By *hil most chillMan
2 days ago

London & Europe

I didn't notice any extra pleasure or satisfaction after mine. But it didn't decrease the pleasure either so there's that!

By *og-ManMan
2 days ago

somewhere

"

The biggest surprise to me was the amount of my female friends that were impressed by a man taking taking the responsibility for contraception.

The biggest surprise to me is that my statement that I am vasectomised is accepted without question!"

I kept the letter from the clinic when my second sperm test came back negative

2 days ago

The West

"

The biggest surprise to me is that my statement that I am vasectomised is accepted without question!

I kept the letter from the clinic when my second sperm test came back negative

"

I kept the scar

2 days ago

The West

"

The biggest surprise to me is that my statement that I am vasectomised is accepted without question!"

Assuming the woman your with was using contraception (likely) it's largely a moot point unless your in a relationship. I've heard more than once from women that they wouldn't trust a guy with that responsibility unless it was their partner.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
2 days ago

Staffordshire

I’m considering it.

It’s a very difficult decision, I’ve been gifted such a beautiful penis and to alter any of its features seems almost sacrilegious.

But I do appreciate the benefits and we have had a number of scares.

By *ny1localMan
2 days ago

READING

The devil got a hold of me when I had mine done..no problem, but being first in the queue to be done, as I walked back into the waiting room where other patients were waiting, I decided to moan and hobble..the look of terror on waiting patients was funny..naughty naughty me.

By *agatoXXXMan
2 days ago

North Haverbrook

I had my tubes snipped during cystectomies, and I felt no difference afterwards. I'mm not complaining, because it could have gone the other way.

2 days ago

The West

"I’m considering it.

It’s a very difficult decision, I’ve been gifted such a beautiful penis and to alter any of its features seems almost sacrilegious.

"

You'll only lose about an inch off it. Sure you have dick to spare

By *mooth shaftMan
2 days ago

Edinburgh

Had my vasectomy 24 years ago. No impact on performance- shagged the wife on the night of the snip. Do find now though that My cum is much clearer due to no sperm?

By *ny1localMan
2 days ago

READING

For me the funniest bit was the instructions for providing a sample afterwards,,to make sure it was successful?..'no saliva '

By *enrietteandSamCouple
2 days ago

Staffordshire

"I’m considering it.

You'll only lose about an inch off it. Sure you have dick to spare "

Nah.

I’d have to buy a whole new collection of briefs!

By *oandstephCouple
2 days ago

Bradford

"I booked in for one but chickened out a week or so before.

Just the thought of having my junk snipped..."

ask for the no cut technique, there's nothing to it

By *eckme70Man
2 days ago

Strabane

Yip still got the scar's 👌

2 days ago

The West

"I booked in for one but chickened out a week or so before.

Just the thought of having my junk snipped...ask for the no cut technique, there's nothing to it "

Funny story the doc told me.

The no cut technique or the no scalpel technique was invented by a clever surgeon who noticed that the scalpel was scaring off men. But the truth is the hot knife they use does exactly the same thing. It's entirely to pacify us scaredy cat guys 🤣

There's nothing to fear getting the snip though. There's no pain just don't discomfort for a little while.

The scar is miniscule. I walked home

By *ornucopiaMan
2 days ago

Bexley

"

Assuming the woman your with was using contraception (likely) it's largely a moot point unless your in a relationship. I've heard more than once from women that they wouldn't trust a guy with that responsibility unless it was their partner."

Good point. That probably explains their apparent trust!

By *unx2019Couple
2 days ago

Moray

Had mine done years ago and no problems at all. Split with ex and got with L, who being younger wanted kids. So vasectomy reversal, then abscess, followed by elephant bollocks(and do mean massive bollocks due to abscess) followed by hospital,(funny story with that too) and two weeks off work, apart from now having two balls stuck together no problems

By *opinovMan
2 days ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Interesting thread. I'm considering having the snip - currently recuperating after an circumcision op to remove a phimosis.

By *assing Fancies xCouple
2 days ago

Sherwood Forest

I had the Snip about 2 months ago and I feels literally no different from before to after the procedure

By *ellinever70Woman
2 days ago

Ayrshire

I wonder if it's just a psychological thing knowing that there's no way they're going to have a life long responsibility as a result of the need to ejaculate

2 days ago

The West

"I wonder if it's just a psychological thing knowing that there's no way they're going to have a life long responsibility as a result of the need to ejaculate "

I feel like that's exactly what it is. Can't be anything else really.

2 days ago

The West

"I wonder if it's just a psychological thing knowing that there's no way they're going to have a life long responsibility as a result of the need to ejaculate "

I wouldn't say 'just' mind you.

How much of the power of an orgasm is psychological?

By *oiluvfunMan
2 days ago

Penrith

I had the snip 15 years ago, by the 'no scalpel' method (think electric solder iron), and it's made no difference to my performance, enjoyment, or production. There's no scarring around my sac either, but if any females would like to inspect, I'm all yours

Anyone sure about not wanting any/more children, just do it! The worst part of the procedure, is the thinking about what will happen before you knock on that door....

By *atricia ParnelWoman
2 days ago

In a town full of colours

"

Is the scar easy to see

By *bboredguyMan
2 days ago

telford

The snip made my spunk thinner but it shoots further

By *ilverfox for youMan
2 days ago

Hull

No operation is without risk .left me in pain for the rest of my life !!! So anyone thinking of it don’t take it lightly.oh and yes I live with ruined orgasms also

By *929Man
2 days ago

newcastle

I thought about it but don’t want all the doctors and nurses laughing at my cock which is tiny in its flaccid state. Hopefully never coming off testosterone will have already made me infertile

By *ingerella About TownWoman
2 days ago

Central London

Yeah... I'll take the dudes who are fit to breed but comfortable and competent with safer sex please.

2 days ago

The West

"No operation is without risk .left me in pain for the rest of my life !!! So anyone thinking of it don’t take it lightly.oh and yes I live with ruined orgasms also"

I'm really sorry to hear that.

By *unshine81Man
2 days ago

Walsall

"Every since I've had the snip I've found that my orgasms have been deeper and more powerful.

Had it done in 2017, a year after I got married. We both never wanted kids, so I took that brave step.

I still don't want kids and recently separated from my wife. I am happy and it was a good decision, no regrets.

2 days ago

Sherwood Forest

"

Is the scar easy to see"

mine isn't even noticeable at all

By *atricia ParnelWoman
2 days ago

In a town full of colours

"

Is the scar easy to see mine isn't even noticeable at all "

That makes it difficult to see if he's telling the truth though, I guess the no sperm certificate, Is the only way to truly know, if it's safe to bareback without risk of pregnancy

2 days ago

The West

"Yeah... I'll take the dudes who are fit to breed but comfortable and competent with safer sex please."

Interesting take.

I wouldn't consider fertility to be a factor in the ability to use an STI barrier.

2 days ago

The West

"

Is the scar easy to see"

Mine is smaller than a key hole.

I made that post as a joke though.

I honestly wouldn't expect a casual acquaintance to take my word for it. Everyone has their own personal responsibility when it comes to contraception.

2 days ago

Central London

[Removed by poster at 17/09/24 20:21:24]

2 days ago

Central London

"Yeah... I'll take the dudes who are fit to breed but comfortable and competent with safer sex please.

Interesting take.

I wouldn't consider fertility to be a factor in the ability to use an STI barrier."

Apparently you had little faith that whatever you were doing pre-snip would prevent pregnancy. Consequently I have little faith in the same habits preventing STI transmission post-snip xx

2 days ago

The West

"Yeah... I'll take the dudes who are fit to breed but comfortable and competent with safer sex please.

Interesting take.

I wouldn't consider fertility to be a factor in the ability to use an STI barrier.

Apparently you had little faith that whatever you were doing pre-snip would prevent pregnancy. Consequently I have little faith the same habits preventing STIs post-snip xx"

Ah I see. An interesting jump to a conclusion. Would you apply the same logic to menopause or a hysterectomy?

I got the snip because I had two kids, my partner at the time had a kid and her coil was wreaking havoc on her. It was an easy decision to make.

Everyone will have their own reasons.

I doubt any of them thinks it will help with sti's though.

We learn that at school.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
2 days ago

Lincoln

Can't say that I noticed any difference after the snip at all. Procedure was super quick and painless though so nobody should worry about that 🖤

Blows my mind how easy it is for guys compared to women though with regard to getting procedures.

LvM

2 days ago

Sherwood Forest

"Can't say that I noticed any difference after the snip at all. Procedure was super quick and painless though so nobody should worry about that 🖤

Blows my mind how easy it is for guys compared to women though with regard to getting procedures.

LvM"

I was in and out in under 10mins just felt a little tug and that was it... although I thought I was fine when I came out then went red hot and fainted out during the aftercare talk as I'd worked myself up to much beforehand

2 days ago

The West

"Can't say that I noticed any difference after the snip at all. Procedure was super quick and painless though so nobody should worry about that 🖤

LvM I was in and out in under 10mins just felt a little tug and that was it... although I thought I was fine when I came out then went red hot and fainted out during the aftercare talk as I'd worked myself up to much beforehand "

I was close to tears when I came out and couldn't understand why.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
2 days ago

Lincoln

LvM

I was in and out in under 10mins just felt a little tug and that was it... although I thought I was fine when I came out then went red hot and fainted out during the aftercare talk as I'd worked myself up to much beforehand

I was close to tears when I came out and couldn't understand why."

The "worst" part for me was when the doctor accidentally rested the cauteriser against my thigh for a second 😅

LvM

2 days ago

Central London

Interesting take.

Apparently you had little faith that whatever you were doing pre-snip would prevent pregnancy. Consequently I have little faith the same habits preventing STIs post-snip xx

Ah I see. An interesting jump to a conclusion. Would you apply the same logic to menopause or a hysterectomy?

I got the snip because I had two kids, my partner at the time had a kid and her coil was wreaking havoc on her. It was an easy decision to make.

Everyone will have their own reasons.

I doubt any of them thinks it will help with sti's though.

We learn that at school."

Female sterilisation is typically not carried out by induced menopause or hysterectomy. But assuming someone without exceptional risks had chosen either of those over, or in addition to, barrier methods I would infer they were not that happy or confident with barrier methods, yes.

I am not into inflicting safer sex on people who would rather a hot knife to the genitals. So it's better I play with people who are content with safer sex. We can't all suit everyone

2 days ago

The West

LvM I was in and out in under 10mins just felt a little tug and that was it... although I thought I was fine when I came out then went red hot and fainted out during the aftercare talk as I'd worked myself up to much beforehand "

Note to anyone considering a vasectomy. Bring smelling salts!

By *og-ManMan
2 days ago

somewhere

"

Is the scar easy to see

I honestly wouldn't expect a casual acquaintance to take my word for it. Everyone has their own personal responsibility when it comes to contraception."

My balls are too wrinkly to see a scar

Worse bit for me that no one ever mentioned beforehand

My first wank afterwards I came bloody cum in the shower

Nearly fainted

2 days ago

The West

"

Is the scar easy to see

I honestly wouldn't expect a casual acquaintance to take my word for it. Everyone has their own personal responsibility when it comes to contraception.

My balls are too wrinkly to see a scar

Worse bit for me that no one ever mentioned beforehand

My first wank afterwards I came bloody cum in the shower

Nearly fainted

"

At least it wasn't on someone's face

By *oubleswing2019Man
2 days ago

Colchester

Can't say I noticed any difference either.

The Dr did say to me during the consultation in advance, "You can bring in a CD with some music to help you relax if you like ?"

On the day of the op, I handed him my CD.

1. Echo & The Bunnymen : The Cutter

2. Bryan Adams : Cuts Like A Knife

3. Sheryl Crow : The First Cut Is the Deepest

4. David Bowie : Changes

He tried to keep a straight face as the music played, but he was struggling.

By *ea monkeyMan
1 day ago

Manchester (he/him)

"

Is the scar easy to see mine isn't even noticeable at all

That makes it difficult to see if he's telling the truth though, I guess the no sperm certificate, Is the only way to truly know, if it's safe to bareback without risk of pregnancy "

No difference between that and someone saying that they’re on the pill…

By *ktartenMan
1 day ago

Edinburgh

"Can't say I noticed any difference either.

The Dr did say to me during the consultation in advance, "You can bring in a CD with some music to help you relax if you like ?"

He tried to keep a straight face as the music played, but he was struggling."

Brilliant

By *haiababeWoman
1 day ago

North devon

"

That makes it difficult to see if he's telling the truth though, I guess the no sperm certificate, Is the only way to truly know, if it's safe to bareback without risk of pregnancy

No difference between that and someone saying that they’re on the pill…"

Well if you are planing on having sex with someone without condoms and you trust them on the sti risk factors, then you should also be able to trust them on the contraception factors. If not then yoi should probably not be having sex woth them wothout a condom.

By *enuineguy42Man
1 day ago

worcester

Since I've had mine done months ago I think I've had sex with the Mrs 3 times so it was a pointless procedure

By *lue Eyed JokerMan
1 day ago

Always on the move

Had mine recently (very recent) and suffered a minor complication mid procedure. I'm hoping I heal up soon to try it out

By *ornucopiaMan
1 day ago

Bexley

"Can't say I noticed any difference either.

He tried to keep a straight face as the music played, but he was struggling."

This post will frighten many off having it done.

The operation doesn't take anything like that long!

By *ggdrasil66Man
1 day ago

Saltdean

I had mine the best part of twenty years ago. It does mean that when I have a regular girlfriend that birth control is already under control. As far as swinging is concerned, I wouldn’t risk going in without a condom. In that situation it doesn’t make any difference.

By *ea monkeyMan
1 day ago

Manchester (he/him)

"

No difference between that and someone saying that they’re on the pill…

Well if you are planing on having sex with someone without condoms and you trust them on the sti risk factors, then you should also be able to trust them on the contraception factors. If not then yoi should probably not be having sex woth them wothout a condom. "

Which is exactly my point

1 day ago

The West

"

That makes it difficult to see if he's telling the truth though, I guess the no sperm certificate, Is the only way to truly know, if it's safe to bareback without risk of pregnancy "

I've never had anyone ask to see my test results but having had the snip isn't something I'd lead with anyway .

The way I see it, as a single guy, the vasectomy, first and foremost , protects me. It's redundancy. I don't have to worry if a condom breaks at an inopportune moment and by extension my partner wouldn't need to worry should it be the case she's not using birth control.

I would fully expect any partners to be looking after their own contraception and I've yet to meet a woman who doesn't.

By *econdtimelucky101Man
1 day ago

Oldbury

Didn't make any difference to me. Having your prostrate removed makes a huge difference.

By *erfHerder74Man
1 day ago

Greenock

Does it reduce the amount you can cum?

By *umfun24Man
1 day ago

wilmslow

"Does it reduce the amount you can cum?"

No. The vast majority of cum is the lubricating fluid, so no perceptible change.

Begs the question if it would make it taste different though.

By *ripfillMan
1 day ago

havant

I had a vasectomy organised by my partner to celebrate her birthday … years ago - whilst I don't regret it … now - how things have changed …

We are not together any more … sexually and in other ways

The big negative for me is that my balls have actually shrunk !!

That’s the size of my actually testicals are a bit smaller than they used to be

Erections are still hard if not better … but the plus side is the amount of Precum I make …. It’s more than before !!! It’s … a lot !

Post new Message to Thread