Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Permission denied

Jump to newest

By *landalf OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Airdrie

Hi folks. I'm not a forums expert but I'm a fairly regular contributor, and need a bit of knowledge from the seasoned forumites:

There was a political thread about Labour in either The Lounge or Swingers Chat. I read the full thread and clicked to comment but I got a message saying I wasn't permitted to post on the thread. Now when I search for it, it seems to be gone.

Does this just mean it's been deleted by admins and moderators?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ickshawedCouple
3 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

It's either been deleted or moved. If you can remember the name of it try a search. Or maybe take a look in the politics forum

By *landalf OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Airdrie

"It's either been deleted or moved. If you can remember the name of it try a search. Or maybe take a look in the politics forum "

I had searched for Labour as that was in the title but nowt has came up and I didn't see it in Politics. Must've been deleted.

When I saw the "you don't have permission" thing, I thought "Christ, what have I done now?!"

By *ophieslutTV/TS
3 weeks ago

Central

I imagine a few posts got a little heavy going, perhaps off topic and it got removed.

By *acey_RedWoman
3 weeks ago

Liverpool

"It's either been deleted or moved. If you can remember the name of it try a search. Or maybe take a look in the politics forum

I had searched for Labour as that was in the title but nowt has came up and I didn't see it in Politics. Must've been deleted.

When I saw the "you don't have permission" thing, I thought "Christ, what have I done now?!" "

You shall not pass.

By *hunky GentMan
3 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

The computer says...... noooo

By *landalf OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Airdrie

Cheers folks

By *landalf OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Airdrie

"It's either been deleted or moved. If you can remember the name of it try a search. Or maybe take a look in the politics forum

When I saw the "you don't have permission" thing, I thought "Christ, what have I done now?!"

You shall not pass."

Story of my life haha

By (user no longer on site)
3 weeks ago

I had commented early in that thread suggesting it move from the lounge to the politics or virus room - it does not show up on threads that I have recently commented in, so would assume that a Moderator decided it was getting too feisty (the initial OP was quite aggressive, so imagine that responses to posts left by others resulted in even angrier exchanges).

By *landalf OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Airdrie

"I had commented early in that thread suggesting it move from the lounge to the politics or virus room - it does not show up on threads that I have recently commented in, so would assume that a Moderator decided it was getting too feisty (the initial OP was quite aggressive, so imagine that responses to posts left by others resulted in even angrier exchanges)."

Yeah, he was the one I was going to reply to. To talk him down/make him be reasonable/irritate him further*

*delete as appropriate

By *alandNitaCouple
3 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Hi folks. I'm not a forums expert but I'm a fairly regular contributor, and need a bit of knowledge from the seasoned forumites:

There was a political thread about Labour in either The Lounge or Swingers Chat. I read the full thread and clicked to comment but I got a message saying I wasn't permitted to post on the thread. Now when I search for it, it seems to be gone.

Does this just mean it's been deleted by admins and moderators?

"

Usually, it's because the "tone" has become unpleasant & the thread is locked for reviewing... then Usually deleted.

Cal

Post new Message to Thread