Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feeling sad.

Jump to newest

By *ivemealadyboner OP   Woman
4 weeks ago

somewhere

Do you ever get days where you know life is good but for some reason you just want to sit and ugly cry?

I haven't felt like this for months and I can feel negative thoughts creeping in which I don't like at all.

I think it's a mixture of my job being a bit "difficult" at the moment, my step son being with us for the entire summer (we aren't used to prolonged periods) and obviously he is a teenager so mood swings. Obviously it's lovely having him down, we've played games, been out etc and he has spent majority of his time hanging out with Rubik even when he works from home, most of the time he is an absolute joy to be around, maybe deep down I know he is going home soon and life returns to normal.

Can someone just smack me around the face and tell me something positive, funny or sing a nice song.

Doesn't help I'm stuck at work every evening this week, on my own with just my thoughts for company x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *teveAndHisMagicPicklenicMan
4 weeks ago

Ends

I feel the sadness most days tbh. There’s plenty to be happy about in my life and yet I feel little to no joy at all.

By *ittlebirdWoman
4 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

Oh darling. This can happen sometimes. Best to find a funny distraction or I’m happy to chat, rant, laugh if you want to.

It’s just wanky Wednesday that’s all. Sending hugs 😘

By (user no longer on site)
4 weeks ago

Both of you keep your head up and remember you’re one shag away from a sugardaddy/momma that will change your life forever. Stay positive!

By *iker JackMan
4 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

There are many days like that but here’s a joke

A husband and wife took their mother in law on holiday to the holy city.

Whilst there the mother in law passes away. The embassy visited them and said you can have her buried here for £500 or we can fly her home and it will be £10 thousand pounds.

The husband replied we will fly her home. The wife said thank you so much for the offer but it’s so much money. She always wanted to come here, let’s bury her here.

The husband replied

“The last person I heard of who died around here rose from the dead a few days later, I’m not taking that risk with the mother in law”

By *ell GwynnWoman
4 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

Oh, Lovely. Yes, I get this on occasion, usually when I'm burnt out. It passes, but I make a point of being gentle with myself and not committing to anything that will add stress. Bob Mortimer WILTY clips on YouTube help ease things along.

Hope you feel better soon x

4 weeks ago

somewhere

"There are many days like that but here’s a joke

A husband and wife took their mother in law on holiday to the holy city.

Whilst there the mother in law passes away. The embassy visited them and said you can have her buried here for £500 or we can fly her home and it will be £10 thousand pounds.

The husband replied we will fly her home. The wife said thank you so much for the offer but it’s so much money. She always wanted to come here, let’s bury her here.

The husband replied

“The last person I heard of who died around here rose from the dead a few days later, I’m not taking that risk with the mother in law”"

Pahaha. Thank you, that made me smile.

Thank you all for your replies, I guess it's just one of those days x

By *HUSH-Man
4 weeks ago

London

Sometimes things just add up over time and if you’re already feeling a bit overwhelmed it can bubble over, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. We’re only human.

You have also listed things that are playing on your mind and you also know that some of them are temporary. Once the situation changes your mood will likely pick up.

X

By *rHotNottsMan
4 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Life can be great but you can still feel the pain of others, nothing wring with that, it’s a sign you’re human when you care for things beyond your own organism

4 weeks ago

somewhere

"Sometimes things just add up over time and if you’re already feeling a bit overwhelmed it can bubble over, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. We’re only human.

You have also listed things that are playing on your mind and you also know that some of them are temporary. Once the situation changes your mood will likely pick up.

X"

Yes, most likely, like another poster said above, it's probably a little burn out too, I had a busy heavy weekend and haven't really had time to recover and I've been up early, not napping and staying up later as on late shifts, so I'm probably just over tired and with the other things on top x

By *aven.Woman
4 weeks ago

Not the North West...

I struggle to remember days of actually feeling happy, sad and utter worthlessness are my day to day life.

Crying in hot showers works though.

4 weeks ago

Ends

"I struggle to remember days of actually feeling happy, sad and utter worthlessness are my day to day life.

Crying in hot showers works though."

Sitting on the floor in the shower crying

By *HUSH-Man
4 weeks ago

London

"I feel the sadness most days tbh. There’s plenty to be happy about in my life and yet I feel little to no joy at all. "

I’m no Dr so take what I say with a pinch of salt but that sounds like dysthymia.

By *luebell888Woman
4 weeks ago

Glasgowish

"I feel the sadness most days tbh. There’s plenty to be happy about in my life and yet I feel little to no joy at all. "

That's how I feel too. It's horrible to feel this way.

By *dam1971Man
4 weeks ago

Bedford

"Do you ever get days where you know life is good but for some reason you just want to sit and ugly cry?

I haven't felt like this for months and I can feel negative thoughts creeping in which I don't like at all.

I think it's a mixture of my job being a bit "difficult" at the moment, my step son being with us for the entire summer (we aren't used to prolonged periods) and obviously he is a teenager so mood swings. Obviously it's lovely having him down, we've played games, been out etc and he has spent majority of his time hanging out with Rubik even when he works from home, most of the time he is an absolute joy to be around, maybe deep down I know he is going home soon and life returns to normal.

Can someone just smack me around the face and tell me something positive, funny or sing a nice song.

Doesn't help I'm stuck at work every evening this week, on my own with just my thoughts for company x"

There’s plenty of reasons in what you wrote here, probably a few others lurking close to the surface too.

If the job is tough and home life is demanding, it can feel like you can’t catch a break. No matter how much we try and remind ourselves that we’re fortunate to have a job that pays the bills, if sometimes it’s difficult, that’s important.

Visiting family is even more complex; we’re taught that they’re a privilege and an honour to have with us, yet as the saying goes, Guests, like fish, stink after 3 days. Benjamin Franklin made it popular in the 18th century but it goes back to Roman times. That’s a lot of people who have secretly thought it.

Secretly is important here because it’s a feeling that we’re often guilty about, great to spoon some of that on top of the stress you already have No wonder that ruminating over it on your own feels so horrible.

I suppose it’s useful to be told that these feelings are often temporary, as you say things at home will change after the summer. Please don’t feel guilty about what your mind is telling you, there seems to be a lot going on and it’s usual to find it hard going.

I hope you can get through it, but definitely talk about it to help, if you want.

4 weeks ago

somewhere

"Do you ever get days where you know life is good but for some reason you just want to sit and ugly cry?

Doesn't help I'm stuck at work every evening this week, on my own with just my thoughts for company x

There’s plenty of reasons in what you wrote here, probably a few others lurking close to the surface too.

If the job is tough and home life is demanding, it can feel like you can’t catch a break. No matter how much we try and remind ourselves that we’re fortunate to have a job that pays the bills, if sometimes it’s difficult, that’s important.

Visiting family is even more complex; we’re taught that they’re a privilege and an honour to have with us, yet as the saying goes, Guests, like fish, stink after 3 days. Benjamin Franklin made it popular in the 18th century but it goes back to Roman times. That’s a lot of people who have secretly thought it.

Secretly is important here because it’s a feeling that we’re often guilty about, great to spoon some of that on top of the stress you already have No wonder that ruminating over it on your own feels so horrible.

I suppose it’s useful to be told that these feelings are often temporary, as you say things at home will change after the summer. Please don’t feel guilty about what your mind is telling you, there seems to be a lot going on and it’s usual to find it hard going.

I hope you can get through it, but definitely talk about it to help, if you want."

Thank you, just writing this and knowing I'm not alone has helped me a little, I'm sure this will pass but I just don't like being back in that place again x

By *osey WalesMan
4 weeks ago

Surrey

Oh dear...

Sorry to hear you are down in the duldrums.

I would offer a massive hug but i'm well aware of how you feel about hugs 😂

Keep smiling, sweetie. At worst, it will make people wonder what you've been up too 😘

By *dam1971Man
4 weeks ago

Bedford

"Thank you, just writing this and knowing I'm not alone has helped me a little, I'm sure this will pass but I just don't like being back in that place again x"

I can only guess what you mean by the last sentence, but depression often happens when you feel things will never change. It doesn’t sound like you’re there so don’t be afraid.

4 weeks ago

Ends

"I feel the sadness most days tbh. There’s plenty to be happy about in my life and yet I feel little to no joy at all.

I’m no Dr so take what I say with a pinch of salt but that sounds like dysthymia."

Well the medication isn’t helping and the therapy didn’t so maybe

4 weeks ago

Ends

"I feel the sadness most days tbh. There’s plenty to be happy about in my life and yet I feel little to no joy at all.

That's how I feel too. It's horrible to feel this way."

I see you.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Not especially, but I really hope that things brighten up for you and if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
4 weeks ago

Next Door

Sorry to hear that you are feeling sad. Sending a virtual hug.

It's crap when you are feeling low. I hope it doesn't last long.

Try to watch something funny, to see if it picks you up.

Bloody hormones might not be helping either.

My inbox is open if you want a rant

❤️❤️

By *tew008Man
4 weeks ago

edinburgh

yup

Still no clue why I expect it change

By *agicM53XMan
4 weeks ago

Orpington

What ever difficulties and challenges life throws at us...what ever stress and sorrows we are battling...what ever negative feelings are inside of us right now...one thought is constant- " This too shall pass" 🙏

By *HUSH-Man
4 weeks ago

London

I’m no Dr so take what I say with a pinch of salt but that sounds like dysthymia.

Well the medication isn’t helping and the therapy didn’t so maybe "

Just don’t suffer in silence. I know that sounds horribly patronising but so many people do and they don’t reach out for help.

I have a WhatsApp group with my friends made especially for mental health check ins. It’s something we all decided to do after a mate blindsided the lot of us by committing suicide in 2021.

So we made an agreement that we use it when we need to and that there’s no shame, or feeling like you don’t want to be a burden by bothering others with your problems. You post in there and you get a response. Every single time. It’s been very effective.

Much love to you all in here and once again. Please don’t suffer in silence ❤️

By *affron40Woman
4 weeks ago

manchester

I feel you OP. I’ve had depression and anxiety since I can remember. It’s managed well but there are still times where I dip with no obvious trigger. When I feel like that I make an extra special effort to do whatever makes me smile. Whether that’s eating something, sitting in the garden, cuddling up with my dogs or catching up with those who know me fully. There’s one little line that gets me through and I can hear my nanna say ‘and this too shall pass’ because it always does. Then the sun sets and rises and I’m grateful to be on the other side. Look after yourself ❤️

By *midnight-Woman
4 weeks ago

Aww you have to identify what brings joy to yours life and what fills your soul with happiness and then plan to do it as much as is physically possible until 'your bucket of happiness is overflowing' and that gives you the strength to get through the rough patches xxxx

Hopefully its something like gardening so it's accessible /easy! Mine is dancing amd hiking

By *lue OpalMan
4 weeks ago

Swansea

Doesn't help I'm stuck at work every evening this week, on my own with just my thoughts for company x"

Can absolutely empathise with you and others who have felt, or feel, like this. I have my 'black dog'. I think we are all different, what I found helpful was exercise, nature, and reading Marcus Aurelius (Meditations) after a friend recommended I do so. I always carry a copy around, and If I feel blue I read it for a while.

“When you arise in the moring, think of what a precious privelege it is to be alive-- to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love”

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

By *oung GunnerMan
4 weeks ago

Cleckheaton

I totally understand where you are coming from . I attend Andys Man Club once a week and I do think there should be something similar for women to go and talk about their feelings , we are all human and we all have feelings , its ok to talk 👌

By *oontuneMan
4 weeks ago

Menston

Sertraline helps, still get the suicidal thoughts though, just know that tomorrow is a different day and hopefully a better one.

By *agnar73Man
4 weeks ago

Glasgow

Days go like that I guess.

I’ve pretty much had kids myself from start of July to school going back last week and yeah, no opportunities for escape/grown up company and the head goes a bit.

Doesn’t help if work is tough too.

Hope it works out for you

By *oung GunnerMan
2 days ago

Cleckheaton

Hi guys , I would like to say that I attend Andys Man Club every monday night & it really does help , there is no pressure for you to talk , you can just listen to others , Ive been a member since 2021 and its really helped me .

Post new Message to Thread