Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Liverpool

Jump to newest

By *iablo solo OP   Woman
9 weeks ago

southside

Heading to Liverpool on Tuesday for 3 nights just wondering if there's any swinging clubs or bars worth checking out? Have never been before so curious. Ta!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ycanNightsMan
9 weeks ago

Workington

Townhouse is in Birkenhead..so not far out.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
9 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"Townhouse is in Birkenhead..so not far out. "

Looks like the tipsy unicorn social and a newbie look around night on midweek this week, so probably a good time to have a nose at the place.

9 weeks ago

southside

Excellent thank you. Had actually heard that name before! Might venture there.

By *arlot o scaraWoman
9 weeks ago

Hell

Just watch out for the locals, they’re absolutely feral in those parts

9 weeks ago

southside

"Just watch out for the locals, they’re absolutely feral in those parts "

Sounds interesting! Feral meets feral so!

By *ivpoolmanMan
9 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Heading to Liverpool on Tuesday for 3 nights just wondering if there's any swinging clubs or bars worth checking out? Have never been before so curious. Ta!"

Plenty of bars to enjoy… alls depends where you’re staying?? City centre?

By *mf123Man
9 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

I used to enjoy my time there once upon a time

9 weeks ago

southside

"Heading to Liverpool on Tuesday for 3 nights just wondering if there's any swinging clubs or bars worth checking out? Have never been before so curious. Ta!

Plenty of bars to enjoy… alls depends where you’re staying?? City centre?"

Yes city centre

By *ivpoolmanMan
9 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Heading to Liverpool on Tuesday for 3 nights just wondering if there's any swinging clubs or bars worth checking out? Have never been before so curious. Ta!

Plenty of bars to enjoy… alls depends where you’re staying?? City centre?

Yes city centre"

Go to castle street area xx

Loads of nice bars there x

Avoid Matthew Street.. it’s like Blackpool these days xx

By *ansoffateMan
9 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Lark lane is quite eclectic and interesting at times and Sefton park is at the lane's end. It's a pleasant park, with a nice relaxed feel to it. There's quite often events on there, in the summer.

Townhouse is highly regarded, a friend who used to work there insists it is the best swinging club in the UK. I cannot claim to have sufficient knowledge to confirm or deny such a bold claim.

By *orthernJayMan
9 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

Lark Lane is definitely worth the taxi ride from Town (Scouse for City Centre) although it can be randomly quiet during the week.

If you’re out / about on a budget and can endure the noise, Concert Square / Bold Street is literally bar upon bar and restaurant upon restaurant for every conceivable taste; this is the “cheaper” end of town, sadly, nowhere is cheap in Liverpool anymore!

Castle Street and Albert Dock are both more refined and expensive in comparison, it’s quieter and close to the river; be warned, the breeze off the river can be arctic even in the summer so you’ll need something for your shoulders once the sun disappears or fails to show up!

As others have said, I’d give Matthew Street a miss, other than having a wander through; it’s taken a real downturn in recent years.

In the morning / brunch, head across to Old Hall Street and Moorfields area; it’s the business district which is still quiet post Covid; plenty of coffee shops and small eateries to choose from.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been ‘home’, say hello from me

9 weeks ago

southside

"Lark lane is quite eclectic and interesting at times and Sefton park is at the lane's end. It's a pleasant park, with a nice relaxed feel to it. There's quite often events on there, in the summer.

Townhouse is highly regarded, a friend who used to work there insists it is the best swinging club in the UK. I cannot claim to have sufficient knowledge to confirm or deny such a bold claim."

Lovely thank you.

9 weeks ago

southside

"Lark Lane is definitely worth the taxi ride from Town (Scouse for City Centre) although it can be randomly quiet during the week.

If you’re out / about on a budget and can endure the noise, Concert Square / Bold Street is literally bar upon bar and restaurant upon restaurant for every conceivable taste; this is the “cheaper” end of town, sadly, nowhere is cheap in Liverpool anymore!

Castle Street and Albert Dock are both more refined and expensive in comparison, it’s quieter and close to the river; be warned, the breeze off the river can be arctic even in the summer so you’ll need something for your shoulders once the sun disappears or fails to show up!

As others have said, I’d give Matthew Street a miss, other than having a wander through; it’s taken a real downturn in recent years.

In the morning / brunch, head across to Old Hall Street and Moorfields area; it’s the business district which is still quiet post Covid; plenty of coffee shops and small eateries to choose from.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been ‘home’, say hello from me "

Cool, castle street....an avoid Matthew street. I shall greet everyone for you!

By *ivpoolmanMan
9 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Lark Lane is definitely worth the taxi ride from Town (Scouse for City Centre) although it can be randomly quiet during the week.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been ‘home’, say hello from me

Cool, castle street....an avoid Matthew street. I shall greet everyone for you!"

If you fancy getting together… DM me x

Post new Message to Thread