Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Missed Opportunities

Jump to newest

By *isfits behaving badly OP   Couple
10 weeks ago

Coventry

I think this is really common in the lifestyle. Couples and singles who fancy others and not said anything/made a move. Not realising that the other couple or single is likewise into them but also too shy to make a move. Or both parties have simply they not picked up on that the sexual intrest is reciprocated.

We know this ourselfs from experience. Often the mutual interests is revealed right at the end of the night or after the event and you're kicking yourselves you've missed the opportunity. Only at our last event we found out at the end/just after two couples we were talking to and intrested playing with were intrested in us too as the conversation continued.

And for those of us who've been there how do we change this? Do we need to learn to be more forthcoming and straight talking? To take more chances? Be less worried about the risk we've got it wrong and rejection? How do we break the mold?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etropolitainMan
10 weeks ago

Redworth Co Durham

If I could go back and fuck the people I wanted to , or missed an opportunity to fuck I’m

Sure my whole life would have changed

By *imply DeeWoman
10 weeks ago

Wherever

In terms of missed opportunities, it’s past, done and dusted, can’t really change that now so I think it’s important we learn from our mistakes and apply our experience for the future events, wiser.

By *he turned me GreyCouple
10 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Not missed opportunities, it was never meant happen that night....

Mr

By *he love catsCouple
10 weeks ago

South Wales

Had a few missed opportunities when lock down happened but that's it.

The meet's never happened and we could probably get chatting again and rearrange them, I just don't see the point now as we are too busy with the regulars and the amount of new people wanting meets.

By *parkle1974Woman
10 weeks ago

Leeds

You can't miss what you never had x

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
10 weeks ago

Leeds

Just state your interest - I'm not one for taking hints and unless they have a huge neon sign I never know when anyone is interested in me, I assume their being friendly.

I need a blunt to the point I'm interested.

Mrs

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
10 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

If I'm feeling too shy to initiate, the knowledge they'd be up for it wouldn't change that. No point dwelling on the things both parties chose not to act on.

10 weeks ago

Coventry

"Just state your interest - I'm not one for taking hints and unless they have a huge neon sign I never know when anyone is interested in me, I assume their being friendly.

I need a blunt to the point I'm interested.

Mrs "

Exactly the same. I'm terrible at picking up up of subtle intrest or social cues. Over time you come to the realisation it's the same for some others too. Especial if you attract similar people. Tragically you get the situation where mutual intrest is there but no one is able to turns on that neo lights and just say it.

This is why I question if I need to take a more forthright approach if I'm interested even if I not picking up the blunt and clear indications. We're all adults and I'm sure people are just as OK with saying a polite no thanks as much as I'm OK taking one. Plus on the ballance of the information and rationalisation of previous situations most of the times making a move would have been well received.

Mr

By *ynamicnatureMan
10 weeks ago

Doncaster

Maybe it's because I'm still relatively new to the lifestyle or maybe it's just me? but I can be a little shy in asking if someone is into me, especially with couples as I still have a bit of a fear of coming across as rude or creepy.

For me, going to socials and house parties is really helping me overcome those fears.

I'm loving getting the practice in though, so no complaints from me,😁

10 weeks ago

Coventry

"If I'm feeling too shy to initiate, the knowledge they'd be up for it wouldn't change that. No point dwelling on the things both parties chose not to act on."

It's not a point of dwelling, I think you're missing the point of the question. It's a point of going forward and doing things differently. About enabling situations when the intrest is mutual but both parties are too introvert, shy or not sure how to make the next move.

By *aren_nylonsWoman
10 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

This is a similar thread to the one I’ve just posted regarding lost out lol.

Looking back I had the opportunity to date guys at separate times that would have given me quite a lucrative lifestyle but declined because of my insecurity and stubbornness more than any fault on their part.

Post new Message to Thread