Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Foot down friday

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
10 weeks ago

Woohoo. It’s Friday and lots of truckers will be making a run for home.

I’m not sure if I’ll be home tonight or in the morning, but hope everyone makes it.

Drive safe - and remember, in England and Wales, it’s the first weekend of the school holidays. Still, lots of passengers in shorts and small tops to look at as we all sit in the inevitable delays, watching our driving hours tick away!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ripfillMan
10 weeks ago

havant

Respect to lorry drivers … I could never have that responsibility! To be calm , collected , patient and drive 30 plus tons of a rubber and Steel.

( however why they have to overtake going up an incline on a dual carriage way for miles at a faction of a Mph faster that his colleague on the near side lane that is frustrating !)

But respect overall

Plus you may be able to have lots of fun in your cab too ! 🤫😬🤐

By (user no longer on site) OP   
10 weeks ago

"Respect to lorry drivers … I could never have that responsibility! To be calm , collected , patient and drive 30 plus tons of a rubber and Steel.

( however why they have to overtake going up an incline on a dual carriage way for miles at a faction of a Mph faster that his colleague on the near side lane that is frustrating !)

But respect overall

Plus you may be able to have lots of fun in your cab too ! 🤫😬🤐"

I try not to do it, but there’s times when you’re throttle jockeying behind a fully laden truck and you’ve just got to get past! I always make sure I’ve got the speed to do so though, or if I’m on the inside knock back a few kph just to let him back in.

Keeping calm is easy - you’ve not seen anyone make a cup of tea faster than me when the traffic grinds to a halt!

Post new Message to Thread