Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is this weird / stalking ?

Jump to newest

By *urreyphotographer OP   Man
10 weeks ago

kt16

I'm a photographer, I photograph all subjects from weddings, portraits, nudes etc.

One day I was doing a nude photoshoot at a local lake, it's private, I know it well and I know there's no one around. Or so I thought. Along the path I saw a guy, watching the shoot and when I spotted him he walked off.

Six months later I joined Fab., I then get a message from guess who . Yes the guy. Message basically said he had seen me doing the photoshoot. I asked if his wife would like a photoshoot but he declined the offer as his wife didn't know he was on Fab. So a year later I moved half a mile down the same road.

I now get a message from him asking how my new place was ! ! ! I've now blocked him.

I'm not promoting any commercial services.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
10 weeks ago

And?

By *ariposa-EvaWoman
10 weeks ago

Essex

"And?"

The op is asking if this behaviour is weird / stalking?

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
10 weeks ago

Leeds

It's a bit strange but you do have your face pics so he may have just recognised you especially if you were in the see who's near when you moved.

Just block and move on.

Mrs

By *allySlinkyWoman
10 weeks ago

Leeds

Maybe he lives on your street, hence knew you'd moved

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

10 weeks ago

East Sussex

Yes it is weird and has all the hallmarks of stalking.

Some people get a kick out of stuff like this. 'I know who you are but you don't know who I am'. Have you ever answered this person?

By *herrybakewellCouple
10 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Baby Reindeer......

Sent from my iPhone

By *erfHerder74Man
10 weeks ago

Greenock

He message you twice over 6 months? That’s stalking?

He may be shy to ask, testing you are trustworthy.

He may be a photographer

He may be a voyeur

He may run a magazine and you missed an opportunity?

By *oodmessMan
10 weeks ago

yumsville

OP if I haven't googled this but your username is _urreyphotographer and underneath it gives your locale as kt16. Would that be the first line of your post code? If it is, whether it's the same guy or someone else, you are inviting people to reasonable accurately. If you have any public pics I suspect anyone local would be able to put two and two together (if it is your postcode), more so if you have a business?

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
10 weeks ago

hexham

I think some people just love proving that they know things about other people, like they are some sort of James Bond cross inspector Morse!

I had a guy on here tell me that he really admired me for what I did and he thought I looked great and completely different from how I look as a guy when I am at work!!

“ oh but don’t worry, your secret is safe with me!”

He never has told me who he is !

Mind nothing has ever been said at work or where I live!

I think he just loved the idea of knowing my secret

By *oodmessMan
10 weeks ago

yumsville

*inviting might be the wrong word. Suggesting to people where you are, might be better.

By *issmorganWoman
10 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

Yes it is weird, drawing attention to himself too when he's on here behind his wife's back.

You get some v strange people on here op. You did right to block.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
10 weeks ago

Reading

Weird possibly stalking no as there was only the one incident.

10 weeks ago

"And?

The op is asking if this behaviour is weird / stalking? "

Not convinced that it is stalking - just showing he knows who the OP is and where he lives (possibly considering himself a clever sleuth, or since the OP indicates he is bi-curious, it could be an expression of interest too).

Not even convinced it is 'weird'. Most on here could be considered weird by others. I think the bloke was showing off, but as a subsequent poster says the OP provides details which if they are true could be used to trace him (Jon, lives in the Chertsey/Lyne/Ottershaw area and is a photographer with images of himself on his profile page) - some people get a kick out of sleuthing.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

10 weeks ago

East Sussex

^^ it's the anonymous

'I know who you are, ner ner ner' they get a kick from. Otherwise they'd say

' hi I'm Fred we know each other because we both use the Spit and Sawdust'.

10 weeks ago

"^^ it's the anonymous

"

It could be an attempt to provoke interest or a response. But yes, some people can be quite perverse and either like to play with someone, or even cause fear and anxiety by leaving the impression that the person is being watched (or if it goes further, stalked).

10 weeks ago

kt16

actually he's probably messaged me a few more times then twice, most mags approach me with a intro .

I have offered him many shoots that he's declined

10 weeks ago

kt16

"Yes it is weird, drawing attention to himself too when he's on here behind his wife's back.

You get some v strange people on here op. You did right to block.

"

thanks , my thoughts too

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

10 weeks ago

East Sussex

"^^ it's the anonymous

It could be an attempt to provoke interest or a response. But yes, some people can be quite perverse and either like to play with someone, or even cause fear and anxiety by leaving the impression that the person is being watched (or if it goes further, stalked)."

Yeah. I tend not to give these sorts any attention. If someone wants to play this sort of game I'm not the ideal team member

By *ophieslutTV/TS
10 weeks ago

Central

It sounds like he's more attentive than a stalker

By *ilbearniMan
10 weeks ago

peninsula

"It sounds like he's more attentive than a stalker "

I agree, possibly has OP on his Hotlist and is aware of new updates to profile..

2 messages over 6 months is nothing, and if had chatted before more than likely just was innocent inquiry as to how move was and to restart communication

10 weeks ago

If you feel it’s weird, it’s weird to you. No one else should really matter. You’ve blocked him so hopefully that’s the last of him messaging you. If you’re uncomfortable perhaps find a new shooting location elsewhere. You’ll likely still be watched by him but simply not be privy to knowing, which would be stalker-like in my opinion.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
10 weeks ago

Wirral.

"If you feel it’s weird, it’s weird to you. No one else should really matter. You’ve blocked him so hopefully that’s the last of him messaging you. If you’re uncomfortable perhaps find a new shooting location elsewhere. You’ll likely still be watched by him but simply not be privy to knowing, which would be stalker-like in my opinion. "

Exactly this.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
10 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Do you have the 'who's near me ' thingy do dah on ?

Did he notice your move that way ?

By *ouple4voyeurCouple
10 weeks ago

Birmingham

🤔 why didn't you block him after the first couple of inquisitive messages?

But you say "I have offered him many shoots that he's declined"

Which means you chatted to him instead of blocking him. Kinda incouraging him? 🤔

But no, defo not stalking and not really wierd. He more likely lives close to you, noticed you moved and asking how you liking your new place.

By *essTTWoman
10 weeks ago

Birmingham

Very weird, everyone that is saying "it's nothing" would 100% have an issue if it happened to them

By *urry BlokeMan
10 weeks ago

I think it's a side effect of showing your face

I had it a few weeks ago (my face was showing at the time)

They never identified themselves (it was in a public place)

It didn't phase me - I replied and said if they were on their own, they were more than welcome to join me for a brew

That said, if someone gave it the 'I know where you live' bollocks, I would block and report

I get we live in urban areas, I get there will be other members around my area, but there's just a time and a place

My next door neighbour is here - I have no idea if his wife knows or not and, tbh, it's none of my business

Block and let him experience the site in peace

By *ouple4voyeurCouple
10 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Very weird, everyone that is saying "it's nothing" would 100% have an issue if it happened to them "

Not everyone. When you have been on the net since dial up you've seen and heard it all.

Had people message us saying they seen us here and there. Which they had given the place and time they had sent. You live 5 doors down, which we do. Etc etc etc.

If we were that bothered we wouldnt hold socials nearly every saturday at our home and put photos with faces on.

Post new Message to Thread