Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Holiday Fling

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
11 weeks ago

There's an Elvis Costello song, 'Brilliant Mistake', that reminds me of a man I met during my first holiday to Greece. He was American...suave and good looking... and worked for CNN (but, ha, that was about as much of the alphabet he knew how to use . It was a fine idea at the time but, at the end of the day, it was just a holiday fling - a beautiful mistake, you could say!

Is there a song that reminds you of a holiday fling? What was it, and where were you on holiday?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ickeyandmouseCouple
11 weeks ago

nr Alicante

Missing by Everything but The Girl!

In Magaluf in 1996.

We’ve now been married 24 years!

By *ackdaw52Man
11 weeks ago

Chesterfield

I think it's called Hello by Dragonette. It was on the radio everyday when I was having a fling in Los Angeles.

Some months later it was So Far Away by Dire Straits that became our song.

By (user no longer on site)
11 weeks ago

Summer jam by the underdog project reminds me of a few sunshine flings from that time - one if them is in this video.

https://youtu.be/J7drvhZwPcs?feature=shared

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

11 weeks ago

East Sussex

Three Degrees 'When Will I See You Again'

It was 1974, Torbay, the first time I went away without my parents.

My friend and I had a holiday romance with two guys. We couldn't work out why our faces were really dirty every time we got back to our holiday flat. Turns out they were using something on their facial hair to make it darker.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
11 weeks ago

North West

I've never had a holiday fling

By *hrek101Man
11 weeks ago

Herts

"I've never had a holiday fling "

Ditto

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

11 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I've never had a holiday fling

Ditto "

They're not all they're cracked up to be in my experience

By *cLovin2Man
11 weeks ago

Reading

"There's an Elvis Costello song, 'Brilliant Mistake', that reminds me of a man I met during my first holiday to Greece. He was American...suave and good looking... and worked for CNN (but, ha, that was about as much of the alphabet he knew how to use . It was a fine idea at the time but, at the end of the day, it was just a holiday fling - a beautiful mistake, you could say!

Is there a song that reminds you of a holiday fling? What was it, and where were you on holiday? "

Shakira reminds me of my Brazilian fling, I don't know why I never went back.

11 weeks ago

Not a holiday fling but...

I went to America when I was in my 20s to visit loads of friends who I'd met when during my gap year before Uni. One was a gorgeous red head who I fancied something rotten. She promised to take me camping to the Florida Keys, so I was quite excited. It turned out she also took her boyfriend.

Well she was very vocal in her love making and tent walls are quite thin. I was also really rather disappointed that it was not me in there with her, but I decided that I would (a) let them know I could here them (b) put them off their shenanigans, and (c) drown the noise out. She was a southern Baptist, I had a good religious upbringing, so I began singing hymns.

Whenever I hear Charles Wesley's "And Can It Be That I Should Gain?" I think of my trip to the Florida Keys.

11 weeks ago

^^ hear not here!

Post new Message to Thread