Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sunshine skin care

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
11 weeks ago

I will admit to being a bit paranoid about that big old ball of fire in the sky. Since the age of 13 I have avoided sitting in it. I hate suntans and sunbathing bores the life our of me. Currently I'm using a factor 110 sunblock for those sunny days and 50 when it's a bit more cloudy. What's your summer sun skin regime?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

11 weeks ago

Guess everyone is out burning in the sun

By (user no longer on site)
11 weeks ago

I stay out the sun

By *ickshawedCouple
11 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I'm hiding from the sun. If I have to go out it's suncream. Factor 50. I really need a hat as I've been getting sunburnt in the parting in my hair.

By *ansoffateMan
11 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I love the sun, especially the evenings after a hot day.

When it's so hot the lizards are swarming towards the shade and people are huddling under a/C units in shops then it's a bit much.

11 weeks ago

"I stay out the sun"

I admire your dedication x

11 weeks ago

"I'm hiding from the sun. If I have to go out it's suncream. Factor 50. I really need a hat as I've been getting sunburnt in the parting in my hair.

"

I started wearing big floopy hats in the summer a few years back. Seen some ridiculously large ones and can see myself heading in that direction soon.

11 weeks ago

"I love the sun, especially the evenings after a hot day.

When it's so hot the lizards are swarming towards the shade and people are huddling under a/C units in shops then it's a bit much."

I love looking at it from the shade. The sun does lift my mood but hot flying ant days are grim. Today I was out working in it and its just too damn hot for that shit.

By *essTTWoman
11 weeks ago

Birmingham

I swear spf everyday anyway

I love the sun and love sitting in it

By *lder.Woman
11 weeks ago

Not Local

Im trying somewhat unsuccessdully to reverse too many summers in the sun using castor oil as a moisturiser. Thick and sticky and unwilling to spread, I feel it would fry me like a chip if I went out in the sun in it. So I put it on mostly last thing at night then just stick to my pillow and sheets. I may need a new skincare routine

By *ophieslutTV/TS
11 weeks ago

Central

I've stayed indoors

By *ornynorfolkguyMan
11 weeks ago

North Norfolk

I try stay out of sun between 10 and 4 if possible but if I can’t I slap the factor 50 on like it’s going out of fashion and pop my straw hat on.

11 weeks ago

"I try stay out of sun between 10 and 4 if possible but if I can’t I slap the factor 50 on like it’s going out of fashion and pop my straw hat on."

Sensible fellow x

By *ealitybitesMan
11 weeks ago

Belfast

I use factor 30 every single day even in winter. I can't lie out in the sun but I go hiking in it so it's always factor 50.

I was in the Alps last week and even with applying it 3 times each day I still got burned.

11 weeks ago

"Im trying somewhat unsuccessdully to reverse too many summers in the sun using castor oil as a moisturiser. Thick and sticky and unwilling to spread, I feel it would fry me like a chip if I went out in the sun in it. So I put it on mostly last thing at night then just stick to my pillow and sheets. I may need a new skincare routine "

Do you find it's helped?

11 weeks ago

"I use factor 30 every single day even in winter. I can't lie out in the sun but I go hiking in it so it's always factor 50.

I was in the Alps last week and even with applying it 3 times each day I still got burned. "

I wish there was a "apply once daily" block. It is a pain constantly reapplying especially when it's a sweaty day. Do you notice that your skin is in better condition than other men your age?

11 weeks ago

"I swear spf everyday anyway

I love the sun and love sitting in it"

Sun block or included in a daily moisturiser?

11 weeks ago

Sorry if I'm being a bit noisy here. Always on the lookout for néw anti tan products

By *essTTWoman
11 weeks ago

Birmingham

"I swear spf everyday anyway

I love the sun and love sitting in it

Sun block or included in a daily moisturiser? "

I have a spf moisturiser I put on the morning, and a spray that I use during the day x

11 weeks ago

"I've stayed indoors "

I will be doing more of that if it gets stupidly sunny

By *ell GwynnWoman
11 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

I work outside, so some sun exposure is unavoidable. Sunblock, a big hat, massive sunglasses, and a shirt that covers my shoulders and arms means I never burn. I save the shadiest spots to work in for between 11 and 4. Any sunny areas I get done in the morning.

I've never understood the appeal of sitting out in the sun. I tried it once and got bored and uncomfortable after 10 minutes.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

Personally I based myself like a suckling pig and run at it.

Coconut oil and a strong will to die is my skin care regime haha

11 weeks ago

"I work outside, so some sun exposure is unavoidable. Sunblock, a big hat, massive sunglasses, and a shirt that covers my shoulders and arms means I never burn. I save the shadiest spots to work in for between 11 and 4. Any sunny areas I get done in the morning.

I've never understood the appeal of sitting out in the sun. I tried it once and got bored and uncomfortable after 10 minutes.

"

Like you I find sitting in it for the sake of sitting in it dull. Sounds like you've got a good full coverage strategy going on.

By *ealitybitesMan
11 weeks ago

Belfast

"I use factor 30 every single day even in winter. I can't lie out in the sun but I go hiking in it so it's always factor 50.

I was in the Alps last week and even with applying it 3 times each day I still got burned.

I wish there was a "apply once daily" block. It is a pain constantly reapplying especially when it's a sweaty day. Do you notice that your skin is in better condition than other men your age?"

I've honestly no idea what men my age are supposed to look like or how my skin compares.

I used to do more in regards to cleansing and moisturising and must get back in that habit.

I don't have any wrinkles on my face at all and get told I'm lying about my age all the time.

By *ornynorfolkguyMan
11 weeks ago

North Norfolk

"I try stay out of sun between 10 and 4 if possible but if I can’t I slap the factor 50 on like it’s going out of fashion and pop my straw hat on."

Oooohhhh and don’t forget to use after sun

By *inky_couple2020Couple
11 weeks ago

North West

"I will admit to being a bit paranoid about that big old ball of fire in the sky. Since the age of 13 I have avoided sitting in it. I hate suntans and sunbathing bores the life our of me. Currently I'm using a factor 110 sunblock for those sunny days and 50 when it's a bit more cloudy. What's your summer sun skin regime? "

I avoid sitting in it. Factor 50 everywhere, massive hat, sunglasses etc. I'm pale AF, have almost zero melanin and don't tan, just burn. I use a parasol round the swimming pool on hols, wear a peaked cap in the swimming pool to protect my head. We dressed our children in the top to toe solar suits with matching hats etc. too.

By *irtydevil666Man
11 weeks ago

bristol

Olive oil until turn golden brown

By *oeBeansMan
11 weeks ago

Derby

I don't think I've burned at all but I'm only just getting used to putting sun cream on as sun damage isn't just about how dark your skin can go

11 weeks ago

Guess from my pics... also zero sun here

11 weeks ago

"I will admit to being a bit paranoid about that big old ball of fire in the sky. Since the age of 13 I have avoided sitting in it. I hate suntans and sunbathing bores the life our of me. Currently I'm using a factor 110 sunblock for those sunny days and 50 when it's a bit more cloudy. What's your summer sun skin regime?

I avoid sitting in it. Factor 50 everywhere, massive hat, sunglasses etc. I'm pale AF, have almost zero melanin and don't tan, just burn. I use a parasol round the swimming pool on hols, wear a peaked cap in the swimming pool to protect my head. We dressed our children in the top to toe solar suits with matching hats etc. too."

Very well protected. Glad you've got the kids sorted. I grew up being basted in Ambre solar oil so I looked like I'd been

shellac'd by my mum.

11 weeks ago

"Guess from my pics... also zero sun here"

Do you put block over your tattoos though?

11 weeks ago

"I don't think I've burned at all but I'm only just getting used to putting sun cream on as sun damage isn't just about how dark your skin can go "

Yep, I remember seeing those uv images of sun damned skin that looked normal on the surface.

By *heBigLibowskiMan
11 weeks ago

Hampshire

I know it's bad but I never use it.

If I'm away somewhere with a nice climate I go red/brown for a few days (nothing painful) and then I turn brown and find it don't really need it.

11 weeks ago

I wish there was a "apply once daily" block. It is a pain constantly reapplying especially when it's a sweaty day. Do you notice that your skin is in better condition than other men your age?

I've honestly no idea what men my age are supposed to look like or how my skin compares.

I used to do more in regards to cleansing and moisturising and must get back in that habit.

I don't have any wrinkles on my face at all and get told I'm lying about my age all the time. "

Going by socities standards men have the luck of still being considered attractive if they are "craggy and rugged" and rock the Clint Eastwood look whereas a sun damaged female face gets a lot of criticism, take Brigette Bardot for example.

By *naswingdressWoman
11 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

SPF50 when out, mostly avoid it.

11 weeks ago

"Guess from my pics... also zero sun here

Do you put block over your tattoos though? "

No zero here, both us are amber

11 weeks ago

"SPF50 when out, mostly avoid it."

Would you go for a higher factor if it was more readily available or is 50 enough. I'm from the era when 15 was considered a total block.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
11 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

I only go out after dark..

11 weeks ago

"I only go out after dark.. "

I wish one could moonbathe to get paler

By *ackdaw52Man
11 weeks ago

Chesterfield

Remember the Three H's

Hats, hats hats!

Also, there's 'ABC';

Always Be Considering...a hat.

11 weeks ago

"Remember the Three H's

Hats, hats hats!

Also, there's 'ABC';

Always Be Considering...a hat."

Do you work for the ministry of hats?

By *uenevereWoman
11 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

My daily moisturiser is SPF 30 and I try to remember to put sunscreen on when I go out. All my sunscreen is at least SPF 30. If I'm going to be out any length of time I'll wear a hat.

I like the sun but sunbathing is boring.

By *ell GwynnWoman
11 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

"Remember the Three H's

Hats, hats hats!

Also, there's 'ABC';

Always Be Considering...a hat."

By *ackdaw52Man
11 weeks ago

Chesterfield

People were using hats before sun cream was invented.

By *rimal InstinctCouple
11 weeks ago

Carlisle

"I will admit to being a bit paranoid about that big old ball of fire in the sky. Since the age of 13 I have avoided sitting in it. I hate suntans and sunbathing bores the life our of me. Currently I'm using a factor 110 sunblock for those sunny days and 50 when it's a bit more cloudy. What's your summer sun skin regime? "

My summer suncare regime is the same as my winter one. I tend to wear the same Forever Moisturiser, it has an SPF, but I can't remember what number. Then I use some tinted moisturizer if want to look a bit smarter and that again has an SPF but again I'm not sure what! x

By *allerthanaverage79Man
11 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Break out the crisps n dry, tanned all over, inside and out!

By *affron40Woman
11 weeks ago

manchester

I’m pale as anything so avoid the sun and always wear spf outside. After watching my dad go through 5 horrible procedures for skin cancer I wouldn’t take the risk.

By *emonbuttercreamWoman
11 weeks ago

Birmingham

I'm very bad. I'm out trying to build colour whenever I can at the beach or at home in a bikini if weather is good (maybe once a week here if I'm lucky). I feel so much better with a tan. I do wear SPF50 but I got burnt to bits at the weekend. I'm going away soon and will soak up the sun. But I am hoping I can get out of this mindset in the next few years as I'm naturally milky white and I know the damage I am causing isn't worth it.

11 weeks ago

North West

"People were using hats before sun cream was invented.

"

But I can't wear a hat on my legs

By *emonbuttercreamWoman
11 weeks ago

Birmingham

But I can't wear a hat on my legs "

Yes you can. You just have to go to the hat shop for legs.

By *ansoffateMan
11 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

"I love the sun, especially the evenings after a hot day.

When it's so hot the lizards are swarming towards the shade and people are huddling under a/C units in shops then it's a bit much.

I love looking at it from the shade. The sun does lift my mood but hot flying ant days are grim. Today I was out working in it and its just too damn hot for that shit. "

Yeah I've worked a bit of construction in Tenerife, when I was a kid. That was a killer.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
11 weeks ago

London

I stay out of the sun, I've already had skin cancer twice.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
11 weeks ago

Wirral.

F50 for me if I'm to be out in it, but I never sunbathe. Closest I get is sitting at a beach cafe. I burn easily, but quite like the freckles!

The amount of burning, blistering and peeling I did in the 70's petrifies me that I've already damaged my skin too much. X

By *ornucopiaMan
11 weeks ago

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 19/07/24 23:55:31]

By *ornucopiaMan
11 weeks ago

Bexley

The most important thing about using sun lotion is to make sure that, as soon as you apply it, you go straight into a swimming pool or the sea. This ensures that the water surface gets a thick greasy layer which prevents wavelets from forming.

Otherwise the myriad of copmpound reflections from the erstwhile twinkling water surface inflict untold damage on unprotected skin.

By *ackdaw52Man
11 weeks ago

Chesterfield

"Remember the Three H's

Hats, hats hats!

Also, there's 'ABC';

Do you work for the ministry of hats? "

I really wish I did! I love hats.

11 weeks ago

"I know it's bad but I never use it.

If I'm away somewhere with a nice climate I go red/brown for a few days (nothing painful) and then I turn brown and find it don't really need it."

I just worry about the long term effects. The last time I got a tan I did look a lot healthier but im someone who does burn and peel if over exposed. Years ago we were not so aware of the damage it causes.

11 weeks ago

"Remember the Three H's

Hats, hats hats!

Also, there's 'ABC';

Do you work for the ministry of hats?

I really wish I did! I love hats."

I've just started wearing them over the last 4 years. Was convinced they didn't suit me but now I'm a fan. Beret in the Autumn/winter and floppy donkey hats in the summer.

11 weeks ago

"F50 for me if I'm to be out in it, but I never sunbathe. Closest I get is sitting at a beach cafe. I burn easily, but quite like the freckles!

The amount of burning, blistering and peeling I did in the 70's petrifies me that I've already damaged my skin too much. X"

The fact that the sun makes your skin peel off should be all the warning people need. I find freckles super sexy. It's definitely a fetish of mine.

11 weeks ago

"I stay out of the sun, I've already had skin cancer twice."

That's my fear. Fortunately I've avoided the sun for most of my life. My ex had it a few times as he's ginger and grew up in Algeria and Abu dhabi in the 1970s.

Thanks for sharing x

11 weeks ago

"I'm very bad. I'm out trying to build colour whenever I can at the beach or at home in a bikini if weather is good (maybe once a week here if I'm lucky). I feel so much better with a tan. I do wear SPF50 but I got burnt to bits at the weekend. I'm going away soon and will soak up the sun. But I am hoping I can get out of this mindset in the next few years as I'm naturally milky white and I know the damage I am causing isn't worth it."

Are fake/spray tans not an option for you or its it just too much faf?

My arms and face naturally catch colour but my torso and legs have been hidden from the sun all their life. I'm so white I'm practically blue.

11 weeks ago

"I’m pale as anything so avoid the sun and always wear spf outside. After watching my dad go through 5 horrible procedures for skin cancer I wouldn’t take the risk. "

I would say most of the people I've known that have had cancer had skin cancer. They put warnings on cigarette packets about their cancer risk but being out in the sun is pushed as a "enjoying a healthy lifestyle"

Thanks for sharing

By *luebell888Woman
11 weeks ago

Glasgowish

I tan easily here and never burn. When I go abroad I tend to use factor 15 as the sun is hotter.

11 weeks ago

"I tan easily here and never burn. When I go abroad I tend to use factor 15 as the sun is hotter."

Are freckles a direct result of sun exposure? I noticed in your photos you have full body freckle coverage. Would you still have them if you had not been in the sun?

By *naswingdressWoman
11 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m pale as anything so avoid the sun and always wear spf outside. After watching my dad go through 5 horrible procedures for skin cancer I wouldn’t take the risk.

I would say most of the people I've known that have had cancer had skin cancer. They put warnings on cigarette packets about their cancer risk but being out in the sun is pushed as a "enjoying a healthy lifestyle"

Thanks for sharing

"

The attitude to sun sense in this country is utterly baffling to me.

Skin cancer is still cancer.

11 weeks ago

North West

But I can't wear a hat on my legs

Yes you can. You just have to go to the hat shop for legs. "

My legs are so white that they're practically transparent. My injured leg is much more sensitive to temperature changes and seems to burn more easily. Sitting in a wheelchair exposes the legs more too, unfortunately.

11 weeks ago

"I’m pale as anything so avoid the sun and always wear spf outside. After watching my dad go through 5 horrible procedures for skin cancer I wouldn’t take the risk.

Thanks for sharing

The attitude to sun sense in this country is utterly baffling to me.

Skin cancer is still cancer."

Its not often that we get full on sunshine here so everyone goes a bit crazy when we do. Anytime the sun is out my friends go and sit right in it and allow themselves to burn.

Post new Message to Thread