Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Foot Down Friday

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
11 weeks ago

To all the trampers out there coming to the end of the week, hope you have a safe run in.

Me? I’m not sure I’ll make it home tonight. Too many miles to cover and too many uncertainties. I suspect I’ll end up near Coventry for the night. Oh well!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
11 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Not heard the word trampers before.

I'm thinking , lorry drivers , ? but trampers suggests walking.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
11 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

I've just looked up 'tramper' and it's a mobility scooter designed to cover all terrain .......

That's given me a vision of thousands of mobility scooters racing cross country to get home tonight.....

By (user no longer on site) OP   
11 weeks ago

"I've just looked up 'tramper' and it's a mobility scooter designed to cover all terrain .......

That's given me a vision of thousands of mobility scooters racing cross country to get home tonight....."

Trampers comes from the old steam tramp ships. They used to leave port with a load and then take further loads and work their way back to the home port, sometimes away for weeks on end.

Lorry drivers that sleep out do much the same so have become known as trampers or sometimes journeymen.

By *allySlinkyWoman
11 weeks ago

Leeds

"I've just looked up 'tramper' and it's a mobility scooter designed to cover all terrain .......

That's given me a vision of thousands of mobility scooters racing cross country to get home tonight....."

A bit like Flying Ants Day ?

Post new Message to Thread