Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Recurring dream

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
11 weeks ago

I have the same dream regularly and its troubling me now.

Does anyone else get them?

I'm dont generally read much into those sorts of things but none of the dream seems relevant to my every day life.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eordieJeansCouple
11 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Used to get one that my teacher was a witch and she was trying to boil me and all my school friends in a cauldron.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
11 weeks ago

Leeds

I used to when I was a child, not so much these days.

Mrs

By (user no longer on site)
11 weeks ago

Mainly about ex girlfriend, can't seem to shake it then I think about her all the time

By *ansoffateMan
11 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Yes I have several.

Some are lovely, surreal abstract memories of dearly departed loved ones.

Others are rather harrowing.

Like waking up on a hospital bed, with my kidney removed by a giant bunny who hops away giggling maniacally.

Swarms of hamsters that won't leave me alone. In those plastic balls. Thousands of them.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

"I have the same dream regularly and its troubling me now.

I'm dont generally read much into those sorts of things but none of the dream seems relevant to my every day life. "

I'd say that's your soul or higher self trying to show you something.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
11 weeks ago

little house on the praire

I get a lot of reoccurring dreams

By *lfa RomeoMan
11 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

I'm dont generally read much into those sorts of things but none of the dream seems relevant to my every day life. "

Have you googled it OP. Maybe you'll get some idea on line

By (user no longer on site)
11 weeks ago

I did as a child and a couple years back when I had a lot of stuff going on in my life.

What's the dream?

By *lfa RomeoMan
11 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

The idea that dreams have hidden meanings in their content was a popular component of Freudian dream theory

. But, there is little evidence to support the idea that dreams with the same content or themes have the same meaning for everyone. However, examining what your dreams mean to you personally can still be meaningful, particularly in a therapeutic context.

Experiencing recurring dreams may point at underlying issues regardless of the dream’s content. Adults who experience frequent recurring dreams tend to have worse psychological health than those who do not, and many experts theorize that these dreams may be a way to work through unmet needs or process trauma

. Another theory is that recurring nightmares may have given our ancestors the chance to practice

detecting and avoiding danger.

People who are under more psychological stress tend to have more negative recurring dreams, although a lack of stress is not related to having more pleasant recurring dreams.

By *rgasmatron1970Man
11 weeks ago

Bromley

Unfortunately, I suffer from reoccurring dreams thanks to a couple of complete break downs. But I'm on the up and out of them now. I won't go into specifics, but they've never been great.

By *heel markMan
11 weeks ago

beside the sea

I do , I park my car and it's been pinched or I just can't find it . Then I start frantically searching for it . Usually ends in .e being chased by someone, it's then that I wake up .

By *ansoffateMan
11 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

"The idea that dreams have hidden meanings in their content was a popular component of Freudian dream theory

. But, there is little evidence to support the idea that dreams with the same content or themes have the same meaning for everyone. However, examining what your dreams mean to you personally can still be meaningful, particularly in a therapeutic context.

Experiencing recurring dreams may point at underlying issues regardless of the dream’s content. Adults who experience frequent recurring dreams tend to have worse psychological health than those who do not, and many experts theorize that these dreams may be a way to work through unmet needs or process trauma

. Another theory is that recurring nightmares may have given our ancestors the chance to practice

detecting and avoiding danger.

People who are under more psychological stress tend to have more negative recurring dreams, although a lack of stress is not related to having more pleasant recurring dreams."

Some of mine are definitely trauma related, they intensify around anniversaries of events.

By *ustamanMan
11 weeks ago

weymouth

I used to have a nightmare that occurred when I had a cold or was ill (I was around 5 at the time) - a never ending tennis rally

By *oadsafun1960Man
11 weeks ago

Somerset & Hertfordshire

I get one specific nightmare all the time, I'm trapped in a cave, it's got much worse in the last year.

By *uri00620Woman
11 weeks ago

Croydon

I used to as a child. Oil rigs were running through the sea towards land.

Horrible things.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

Try this book

The body keeps the score by Bessel van der Kolk

It may help shed some insight

By *ansoffateMan
11 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I'm dont generally read much into those sorts of things but none of the dream seems relevant to my every day life.

Try this book

The body keeps the score by Bessel van der Kolk

It may help shed some insight "

That's a very good book. He knows his stuff.

By *ex HolesMan
11 weeks ago

Up North

If it’s the one involving Big Harold then I can assure you it’s not a ‘happy ending’

By *xfordjohnMan
11 weeks ago

Oxford

I don't have exactly the same dream but have them with several recurring themes, most of which seem related to previous work (even dreaming about coming back out of retirement as a consultant!) and places I've lived - I dream about being in Leeds quite a lot although of course it doesn't look anything like.

By *heBigLibowskiMan
11 weeks ago

Hampshire

My dreams are absolutely wild. Very surreal.

Not recurring though since I was a kid (those were fun ones though).

I can always loosely relate my dreams (at least aspects) back to things I've thought about during the day... if that's the same for yoy it might help.

By *heBigLibowskiMan
11 weeks ago

Hampshire

I mean, it doesn't have to be during the day... just something boring (in a drill sense) at your subconscious.

Post new Message to Thread