Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

To be Wanted

Jump to newest

By *veryday_Couple_Nextdoor OP   Couple
11 weeks ago

Bristol

We think that we all want to be liked, to be wanted, to be found attractive by particular people. Fab offers that to a degree, there is a kind element of comfort that we have our pictures fabbed, kind personal messages of affection.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind, even if they’re not your cup of tea. A simple response of Thankyou, but not for me, is far kinder than pure ignorance. Obviously if they persist, then block and move on!

That’s just our little rant of the day. Happy Fabbing beautiful people.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arlot o scaraWoman
11 weeks ago

Hell

Would you like my password to respond to everyone who has messaged me, I just don’t have the time

By (user no longer on site)
11 weeks ago

Ignorance? How about taking no response as your answer? I can speak for many single women here in saying that we get overwhelmed by the number of messages we can get, we don't have time to respond to every msg with an essay on why someone isn't for us and also replying doesn't often work because we just get further messages of why not and it can turn unpleasant x

11 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 17/07/24 10:38:31]

By *asterMeliodasMan
11 weeks ago

Near Keith

"We think that we all want to be liked, to be wanted, to be found attractive by particular people. Fab offers that to a degree, there is a kind element of comfort that we have our pictures fabbed, kind personal messages of affection.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind, even if they’re not your cup of tea. A simple response of Thankyou, but not for me, is far kinder than pure ignorance. Obviously if they persist, then block and move on!

"

The thing is, the not reading or responding to your message *is* the simple "Thank you, but not for me."

It's like how with consent, anything but an enthusiastic yes is a no. In Fab, anything but a reply is a thanks but no thanks.

Given the volume of messages women and couples generally have to deal with, it would be far more rude to mandate that they respond to everyone who tries to contact them. It should be on message senders to make sure they're not harassing, not on the recipients to manage blocking persistent people on top of curating the inbox they actually want to have in the first place.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
11 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Ignorance means a lack of knowledge, understanding, or education. It doesn't mean to ignore someone.

Yes, I know I'm being "pedantic". I don't care.

11 weeks ago

"Would you like my password to respond to everyone who has messaged me, I just don’t have the time "

Exactly this 100 per cent xx

By *batMan
11 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Even as a single guy I get some well stupid messages!

The most recent was from a guy who sneered at my user name because I didn’t want to suck his cock. It would have been easier to have deleted his first message rather than respond.

Gbat

By *he Silver FuxMan
11 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"Would you like my password to respond to everyone who has messaged me, I just don’t have the time "

This^ …. say 400 messages a day for a single woman, time to open message, read, look at profile, select reply to message, type out “no thank you, not for me” and send. 1 minute each message, 400 minutes, 6.7 hours PER DAY. Then… and this is the kicker… you’ve effectively ’engaged’ now…. Here come the vicious, vile, whining, spiteful responses, offers of money, derogatory comments about your body (despite being the sexiest thing ever in the first message)… It’s disgusting and I’ve witnessed it first hand with female friends.

Follow site guidelines - no acknowledgment, delete or deleted without reading (he had a penis as his profile picture) is a ‘no thank you’

11 weeks ago

Bristol

Ok, we hear you.

Was just feeling a bit thoughtful this morning about how everyone might be feeling.

Didn’t mean to ruffle so many feathers. Was just trying to think how we could all be that little bit kinder!

By *lfa RomeoMan
11 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

Oh this one is an interesting topic, and I can pretty much guess who swings (pardon the pun lol)

For the no reply and who swings for the side of a reply with a no thank you if not interested

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
11 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

No response has about a 90% success rate on not receiving another message from the person within at least a couple of weeks.

No thank you is probably about 80% on receiving another message from them that day. Some acknowledging the No thanks, some questioning why, some getting abusive.

Also, sending someone a reply then excludes them from filters if you decide to prevent their demographic from messaging at a later date.

It just makes no sense to do it. Time should be spent on potentially viable connections, not wasted apologising to people who 80% of the time don't fit the stated preferences in your profile in the first place.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
11 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"Ok, we hear you.

Was just feeling a bit thoughtful this morning about how everyone might be feeling.

Didn’t mean to ruffle so many feathers. Was just trying to think how we could all be that little bit kinder! "

For what it's worth, I think your intention is a good one.

By *asterMeliodasMan
11 weeks ago

Near Keith

"Ok, we hear you.

Didn’t mean to ruffle so many feathers. Was just trying to think how we could all be that little bit kinder! "

Inviting more kindness is never a bad thing; my intention with my reply was just to make the point that the behaviours you're talking about aren't necessarily *un*kind.

Of course it would be absolutely brilliant if my every interaction received a response, but it just wouldn't be a viable thing to ask of someone who doesn't owe me their time or attention.

By *avinci4Man
11 weeks ago

East Midlands

"No response has about a 90% success rate on not receiving another message from the person within at least a couple of weeks.

No thank you is probably about 80% on receiving another message from them that day. Some acknowledging the No thanks, some questioning why, some getting abusive.

Also, sending someone a reply then excludes them from filters if you decide to prevent their demographic from messaging at a later date.

It just makes no sense to do it. Time should be spent on potentially viable connections, not wasted apologising to people who 80% of the time don't fit the stated preferences in your profile in the first place."

Genuine question.

Ok, ladies we get it. But how many DMs are we talking? We men simply have no perspective on this. 5 Re-messages in a single day is like Christmas in wonderland for a guy on Fab. And 99.99% of the time guys message first anyway. Genuinely not trolling, just asking.

11 weeks ago

Bristol

As a couple we average about 10 messages per day.

Varies depending how much were online. So that’s why we go back to our original statement, if we’re happy to respond to 10 messages per day.

20-30secs per message response. So up to 10mins of our day acknowledging those who’ve taken the time to acknowledge us, even if they’re not for us.

Just our personal thoughts and experiences.

By *asterMeliodasMan
11 weeks ago

Near Keith

"No response has about a 90% success rate on not receiving another message from the person within at least a couple of weeks.

It just makes no sense to do it. Time should be spent on potentially viable connections, not wasted apologising to people who 80% of the time don't fit the stated preferences in your profile in the first place.

Genuine question.

Ok, ladies we get it. But how many DMs are we talking? We men simply have no perspective on this. 5 Re-messages in a single day is like Christmas in wonderland for a guy on Fab. And 99.99% of the time guys message first anyway. Genuinely not trolling, just asking."

My wife had over 100 messages within a day of us making our accounts a few weeks ago, and a lot of those were from before she even put photos up.

By *asilyled1Man
11 weeks ago

ogmore valley

As a single bloke I know the amount of messages most women get on here is ridiculous given the ratio. So if I message someone and it’s deleted or unread then I take that as either I’m not for them or it could have been lost in all the others. Either way it doesn’t affect me

By *asterMeliodasMan
11 weeks ago

Near Keith

She's responded to an insane number of them and still has 51 unread, and that's only because about 50 timed out and auto-removed; it was sitting at 104 unread before that happened.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
11 weeks ago

Tamworth

The problem is, anyone you’ve messaged can get around filters if you later apply/change them.

Plus if someone hasn’t taken the time to read my profile, or has ignored clear statements like pass me by if you’re not single or I don’t find submissive men attractive, why should I take the time to reply?

By *he Silver FuxMan
11 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"The problem is, anyone you’ve messaged can get around filters if you later apply/change them.

Plus if someone hasn’t taken the time to read my profile, or has ignored clear statements like pass me by if you’re not single or I don’t find submissive men attractive, why should I take the time to reply? "

Yes! Forgot about this ‘quirk’ even if you’ve hidden your profile messages can go back and forth.

By *he Silver FuxMan
11 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"As a couple we average about 10 messages per day.

Varies depending how much were online. So that’s why we go back to our original statement, if we’re happy to respond to 10 messages per day.

20-30secs per message response. So up to 10mins of our day acknowledging those who’ve taken the time to acknowledge us, even if they’re not for us.

Just our personal thoughts and experiences. "

It’s lovely of you both to try and be courteous - I’ve received polite replies saying thank you but no thanks but it’s really not necessary. Don’t feel shot down by the comments here xx

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
11 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Genuine question.

Ok, ladies we get it. But how many DMs are we talking? We men simply have no perspective on this. 5 Re-messages in a single day is like Christmas in wonderland for a guy on Fab. And 99.99% of the time guys message first anyway. Genuinely not trolling, just asking."

If I'm not online for the day, around 40 or so. If I'm online through peak times, over 100. If I upload new pictures or videos, more.

By *iker JackMan
11 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I think also that some people who are not sure supporters have limited messages so if you reply no thank you to everyone you may well use them all up and can’t reply to those you’d like to

By *igjay2584Man
11 weeks ago

Basingstoke

Understand the context and set the right expectations...

As a single guy, if I send someone a message, I likely don't expect a reply and sure that might be disappointing but that's life on fab, a dating app, a bar, the wider world...

Some people want to get to know you, most people don't... why would it be different on FAB to anywhere else?

By *rimson_RoseWoman
11 weeks ago

Tamworth

"As a couple we average about 10 messages per day.

Just our personal thoughts and experiences. "

It’s nice of you. But I don’t feel it’s realistic. I’m running on 76 unread ant the moment and that’s with already deleting plenty that are obviously not for me (sorry ) - they’re the “hi” type.

By *lynJMan
11 weeks ago

Morden

Perhaps Fab could introduce a "Thanks, but no thanks" button that replies for you and then automatically blocks the sender of the incoming message.

By *restonguy1981Man
11 weeks ago

preston

I’ll just be me, if I’m liked I’m liked if I’m not then I’ll survive

By *he turned me GreyCouple
11 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"We think that we all want to be liked, to be wanted, to be found attractive by particular people. Fab offers that to a degree, there is a kind element of comfort that we have our pictures fabbed, kind personal messages of affection.

"

Sorry but this is utter bollocks

Mr

By *imi_RougeWoman
11 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Have you read the site FAQs OP?

By *imi_RougeWoman
11 weeks ago

Portsmouth

"Perhaps Fab could introduce a "Thanks, but no thanks" button that replies for you and then automatically blocks the sender of the incoming message. "

Now there's a good idea!!

By *asterMeliodasMan
11 weeks ago

Near Keith

"Perhaps Fab could introduce a "Thanks, but no thanks" button that replies for you and then automatically blocks the sender of the incoming message.

Now there's a good idea!!"

It would work fantastically up until people started complaining that they were getting the standard templated rejection instead of a personalised one. :P

By *imi_RougeWoman
11 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Genuine question.

Someone I know joined up to see if her fella was on here... 657 messages she got and she wasn't even looking/engaging with people.

By *imi_RougeWoman
11 weeks ago

Portsmouth

"Perhaps Fab could introduce a "Thanks, but no thanks" button that replies for you and then automatically blocks the sender of the incoming message.

It would work fantastically up until people started complaining that they were getting the standard templated rejection instead of a personalised one. :P"

I write the same thing every time, if I do politely decline so it wouldn't be any different.

By *ustBoWoman
11 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

No thanks. I don't get many messages only a handful in a week thanks to tight filters. But I still won't reply if I don't want to. Why,well because I don't have the time or energy to reply to a profile I have no interest in. If they read my profile they would see I'm not doing new meets so messaging me is pointless.

I don't do just chats anymore because when I did it became expected I would meet them,even after being clear from the start that I wouldn't.

And if I reply to anyone then it voids out and filters I set so for all the above reasons I 99 per cent of the time don't reply.

11 weeks ago

Ten messages per day? Lol no wonder you can't seem to understand why not everyone here replies to every message.

I'm a single female and can receive hundreds in one day, plus friend requests, winks etc. One time I woke up to 1111 unread msgs, so add in the read ones and all other forms of contact as mentioned. I have care commitments, a life outside of fab

So no, I cannot reply to every msg nor do I want to because you just get more demanding and even abusive responses back, by those who won't accept 'no thank you'...

By *asterMeliodasMan
11 weeks ago

Near Keith

It would work fantastically up until people started complaining that they were getting the standard templated rejection instead of a personalised one. :P

I write the same thing every time, if I do politely decline so it wouldn't be any different."

Oh absolutely, but people will complain no matter how many improvements you give them, is my point. :P

11 weeks ago

"Have you read the site FAQs OP? "

Yes! It says clearly and plainly that women can receive many messages (to the point of it being overwhelming) and cannot reply to everyone, so senders shouldn't consider them as rude

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

"

I respect your kind nature. Here in lies the crux of the problem though. The Internet has removed all humanity from people. Go on insta/facebook/dating apps and see for yourself. People behave in a way that I highly doubt they would behave in the real world.

So maybe this might help put things in perspective:

Ladies, how do you think it would affect you if you took time to introduce yourself, send some non nudes photos to be met with zero response the majority of times?

Genuinely intrigued to know the answer to this.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

Sidenote: I'd genuinely love to see snapshots of these insane inboxes with such high numbers of messages.

My ex had a profile on here and she gets a lot of attention in life as it is. Her inbox wasn't as insane as I thought it would be. Given we lived in Bristol, it wasn't like there was a lot of people in the area. Although I did see a lot of repeat messages and was genuinely shocked by the lack of effort the majority of men were putting in to try and speak with her

By *avinci4Man
11 weeks ago

East Midlands

"Ten messages per day? Lol no wonder you can't seem to understand why not everyone here replies to every message.

I'm a single female and can receive hundreds in one day, plus friend requests, winks etc. One time I woke up to 1111 unread msgs, so add in the read ones and all other forms of contact as mentioned. I have care commitments, a life outside of fab

So no, I cannot reply to every msg nor do I want to because you just get more demanding and even abusive responses back, by those who won't accept 'no thank you'..."

Jeeeez, 1111 unread DMs,.. and yes ladies, I've seen your numbers above. This is nuts! I thought we're talking 10 or 20/day max. Ok, thanks I get it now. But what can we do collectively to normalise this. It's just simple ratio M:F=100:1. IRL it's 50:50, so what's up with Fab then? Women just don't like/want/need/crave sex? So, you Fab ladies are pure, rare dimonds from the world's view

By *avinci4Man
11 weeks ago

East Midlands

I respect your kind nature. Here in lies the crux of the problem though. The Internet has removed all humanity from people. Go on insta/facebook/dating apps and see for yourself. People behave in a way that I highly doubt they would behave in the real world.

Ladies, how do you think it would affect you if you took time to introduce yourself, send some non nudes photos to be met with zero response the majority of times?

"

I wonder the same. Good question! Reading profiles + good message actually takes a lot of time. So if a guy does this 100x and receives 0 responses... well, no wonder most just blanket fab ladies with generic "hi, ...".

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
11 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"Ladies, how do you think it would affect you if you took time to introduce yourself, send some non nudes photos to be met with zero response the majority of times?

Genuinely intrigued to know the answer to this."

I'd probably make sure that I only bothered to reach out to people that I felt were genuinely compatible, with whatever was specific about them that drew my interest and the reasons why I think we should explore further.

Theb delete it from my outbox so I didn't overthink it and crack on with checking the club events forum and checking out hot pics

I see people say they've messaged 10-15 people every day for 7 months without response. I don't think I could ever find anything close to 2000 people I thought were actually attractive and interesting and actually compatible if I dedicated my entire life to it.

11 weeks ago

I'm not here to spread kindness to people I don't know who could be dickheads/serial killers.

It's a fine line.

By *asterMeliodasMan
11 weeks ago

Near Keith

"I wonder the same. Good question! Reading profiles + good message actually takes a lot of time. So if a guy does this 100x and receives 0 responses... well, no wonder most just blanket fab ladies with generic "hi, ..."."

As anecdotal as this'll be, and taking into account that while I have messaged people I'm interested in and I think would be interested in me it's not like I'm pursuing the entire female population of Scotland, the main contact I've been successful with so far got back to me because I sent a polite, respectful, well-thought-out message. Had I decided "fuck it, I'll just do a generic hi because what's the point?" I wouldn't have made that connection.

By *eroLondonMan
11 weeks ago

Mayfair

Have you seen my inbox? Unlike the women on here I get the quality and not the quantity, and I simply do not have the time to handcraft dainty responses to all and sundry. It's an insurmountable task.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

"I'm not here to spread kindness to people I don't know who could be dickheads/serial killers.

It's a fine line."

Plot twist what if your lack of response becomes the straw that broke the camals back and they become a serial killer/dickhead? Hahah

I'm joking BTW mate

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

"

I don't think I could ever find anything close to 2000 people I thought were actually attractive and interesting and actually compatible if I dedicated my entire life to it."

And for those that follow this approach?

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
11 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"I'm not here to spread kindness to people I don't know who could be dickheads/serial killers.

It's a fine line.

Plot twist what if your lack of response becomes the straw that broke the camals back and they become a serial killer/dickhead? Hahah

I'm joking BTW mate"

It's okay. Only 98 year old are able to message her anyway. They're well past their most lethal at that point.

"And for those that follow this approach?"
follow what approach?

By *iddlesticksMan
11 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

It's a fine line."

I’d like to think I was a dickhead out of the two.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

" Had I decided "fuck it, I'll just do a generic hi because what's the point?" I wouldn't have made that connection."

I'm fully with you on this, Keith. Effort is always a must. Hence why I posed the question, as a lot of the time it seems to be assumed that men are putting zero effort into the message and have zero class with the photos they send. The men who post threads like this I mean. Searching for guidance and advice.

Kind of jarring to see how many post up "your owed no response" or waffle of this nature. Like, are we actually assuming everyman on here is emotionally and socially retarded and doesn't understand boundaries and how fucking dare they express any kind of emotion or desire to change the game up and see success? Lol

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

"

It's okay. Only 98 year old are able to message her anyway. They're well past their most lethal at that point.

And for those that follow this approach? follow what approach?

"

I don't know, mate. The meds they'll be on that age are lethal for most, so I feel they could easily drug yiu to level the playing field.

The selective approach you speak of is one that I follow. I grew up in brixton and I've always been more attracted to women that aren't white, so it's rare that I approach white women in life or on here.

11 weeks ago

It's a fine line.

I'm joking BTW mate"

I can live with it.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
11 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"The selective approach you speak of is one that I follow. I grew up in brixton and I've always been more attracted to women that aren't white, so it's rare that I approach white women in life or on here. "

Then it is what it is. We don't always get what we want. There could be something off putting in your messages or profile for them, or they could simply not be interested.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
11 weeks ago

bristol/london

It's a fine line.

I'm joking BTW mate

I can live with it."

Spoken like a true sociopath. Good form, old girl.

By *oxy jWoman
11 weeks ago

somerset

i know you mean well op but no... no no no ill handle my account my way ill respond to whom i want to and whom i dont ... i dont need advice on my message box and theres no way in hell im going to respond to every guy who cant write more than ''hi'' ''hows you'' ''fancy a fuck'' '' i wanna empty my balls'' ''meet now'' ... you do your way let others do their way ..

ps im alwas kind

11 weeks ago

The only time I feel desired is when someone follows through with what they say.

I just imagine am a temporary thought, until I’m not. And I get it, this is the modern age of dating and hookups, but I’m Desired sometimes because nobody else is around.

To truly desire someone they don’t cross my mind, they live in it.

By *ustBoWoman
11 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

"

I have sent first messages. My best meets have been from making first contact. I have also being rejected on here by some men and it doesn't bother in the least. I have had messages left unanswered and it doesn't bother I just leave a note to say they didn't reply and I know not to message again.

I also wouldn't send out a ton of messages and I certainly wouldn't include pics to try and entice someone. If someone says they want a face pic in a first message I don't message them. That's my choice. I read profiles and only have ever messaged someone that I found their profile to be intriguing.

This whole scatter gun approach that some use on here is ridiculous and reeks of desperation.

11 weeks ago

Bristol

Well that was a tough rollercoaster of a read.

Each to their own. We were not expecting everyone to follow what we do. Great to hear the extremes of how overwhelming some of your inboxes are.

Ultimately we’re all on here for our own journey, not that to please anyone else’s. We shall carry on doing it the way we please, with peace in our minds, treating others how we would like to be treated.

Doesn’t mean we will be treated with the same respect as how we treat others, but we’re happy enough with who we are, how we are and the way we behave, in person or behind a screen.

Wishing everyone a happy Fabbing time ??

By *lynJMan
11 weeks ago

Morden

I write the same thing every time, if I do politely decline so it wouldn't be any different.

Oh absolutely, but people will complain no matter how many improvements you give them, is my point. :P"

But they won't be able to complain at you in your inbox because they have been blocked.

By *oadsafun1960Man
11 weeks ago

Somerset & Hertfordshire

"Well that was a tough rollercoaster of a read.

Each to their own. We were not expecting everyone to follow what we do. Great to hear the extremes of how overwhelming some of your inboxes are.

Ultimately we’re all on here for our own journey, not that to please anyone else’s. We shall carry on doing it the way we please, with peace in our minds, treating others how we would like to be treated.

Doesn’t mean we will be treated with the same respect as how we treat others, but we’re happy enough with who we are, how we are and the way we behave, in person or behind a screen.

Wishing everyone a happy Fabbing time ?? "

I agree with you and was surprised at some of the responses. But sadly it's a sign of the times, if people are getting inundated with loads of messages, especially when those messages show someone hasn't read your profile, then why waste their time responding. However, as you say each to their own, I don't get hundreds of messages but do respond to all I get as that's how I'd like to be treated, a little gratitude goes a long way.

By *ichelleslutCDTV/TS
11 weeks ago

Shaw

Unfortunately some people don't realise how many messages I try and reply to it's absolutely mad but I do try trust me but it's ridiculous xxx had some rude and arrogant people that's for sure xxx

Post new Message to Thread