Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Broken Biscuits

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
11 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Tom stumbled across this product where they sell broken biscuits and rejects and mix them up and it's pot luck what you get. Some are chocolate biscuits. Do they deliberately break them or is this some sort of scam. They appear much cheaper but has anyone looked at this in depth?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nnCeeWoman
11 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

No Tom. This is a proper product.

The biscuits which do not meet 'standards' or get broken on the production line are popped into bags/boxes and sold to those who don't care if their snack isn't pristine.

It saves food waste, and the bickies are just as tasty as their whole counterparts, just cheaper, and perhaps a bit dustier (Biscuit dust).

Have a go!

By *wist my nipplesCouple
11 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I’m glad you’ve brought this up, Tom. Biscuit factory workers often succumb to what’s known in the trade as “biscuity blackouts”. There’s extraordinary footage online of them suddenly ripping off their hairnets and flinging biscuits at each other with wild abandon. It’s thought to have something to do with the exposure to so much deliciousness. The biscuit companies obviously don’t want this getting out so they package up the breakages and sell them on at a cheaper price.

Do your own research, people.

Mrs TMN x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

11 weeks ago

East Sussex

It is a thing. We used to love them when we were kids. They actually don't taste all that nice as an adult and go stale very quickly

By (user no longer on site)
11 weeks ago

We are lucky as I work near a biscuit factory and they have a shop which sells the imperfect ones

By *iberius61Man
11 weeks ago

Pontefract

I believe they are deliberately made for people on a diet. If you break a biscuit then it suffers calorie leakage, so they don't count...so i was told

By *batMan
11 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"If you break a biscuit then it suffers calorie leakage, so they don't count...so i was told "

Same goes for foods of the same colour. Eat a piece of raw mushroom and you can eat as much white chocolate without any calorific intake at all.

It SHOULD BE all over the news.

Gbat

By *glyBettyTV/TS
11 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

I assumed they were sold because people used them to make cake bases, and it saves having to break them up themselves

Post new Message to Thread