Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

This site is full of fakes!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
12 weeks ago

Why do they do it?

Seems to be full of “people” pretending to be well hung black men. I saw some threads with people saying this never happens to them. I get at least 5 catfish attempts per week, minimum.

All it takes is a quick google image search. Why do admins not do this? Why when I report them are the profiles still not taken down?

It’s really ruining my experience here. I kind of feel sorry for them. That they can’t be themselves.

Any advice friendly fabbers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *elloWoman
12 weeks ago

alpha centauri

"Why do they do it?

Seems to be full of “people” pretending to be well hung black men. I saw some threads with people saying this never happens to them. I get at least 5 catfish attempts per week, minimum.

All it takes is a quick google image search. Why do admins not do this? Why when I report them are the profiles still not taken down?

It’s really ruining my experience here. I kind of feel sorry for them. That they can’t be themselves.

"

Because admins are volunteers with a life

12 weeks ago

"Why do they do it?

Because admins are volunteers with a life "

Fair point. Although I do believe in life if you are going to do something do it well haha..

By *naswingdressWoman
12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Verify them yourself. Basic internet guidance to take care of yourself.

Why do people fake it? I've heard enough stories of people just going along with it if others are caught out in the act.

"If you don't ask you don't get" is the rule around here. Not "do I concern myself with what others want"

By *4bimMan
12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Fakes is it?

Now you tell me! That explains everything

By *oreAgainForeverCouple
12 weeks ago

doncaster

The first person we ever “met” was a fake sent us pics and arranged a social and he actually showed up as a complete different person….” Most people don’t realise it’s not me on the picture” he was actually better than the original picture so why be weird about it

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
12 weeks ago

Beverley

"The first person we ever “met” was a fake sent us pics and arranged a social and he actually showed up as a complete different person….” Most people don’t realise it’s not me on the picture” he was actually better than the original picture so why be weird about it "

That interests me. Where did you stand on that, in this case

12 weeks ago

doncaster

We are here for fun with people we find attractive i found him attractive so he’s the person Who is doing me from behind in our pics

By *eeds fun guyMan
12 weeks ago

yorkshire

"We are here for fun with people we find attractive i found him attractive so he’s the person Who is doing me from behind in our pics "

Great answer

12 weeks ago

"We are here for fun with people we find attractive i found him attractive so he’s the person Who is doing me from behind in our pics "

Love this. If only all catfishers turned up that way.

My hot black stallion sadly turned up 30 years older, 10 stone larger and a different race. Lesson well and truly learnt.

Thank god for ring doorbell cameras.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
12 weeks ago

"We are here for fun with people we find attractive i found him attractive so he’s the person Who is doing me from behind in our pics

My hot black stallion sadly turned up 30 years older, 10 stone larger and a different race. Lesson well and truly learnt.

Thank god for ring doorbell cameras. "

So what did you do, just refuse to answer the door?

By *ornywife89Couple
12 weeks ago

Walsall

"We are here for fun with people we find attractive i found him attractive so he’s the person Who is doing me from behind in our pics

So what did you do, just refuse to answer the door?"

We all know she still fucked him lol

By *imply DeeWoman
12 weeks ago

Wherever

That’s why short coffee socials in a public place are great.

By *lfa RomeoMan
12 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

Where possible, I always insist on a quick video call.

By *cedGemWoman
12 weeks ago

your dreams

"That’s why short coffee socials in a public place are great. "

Definitely

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

"….

Fair point. Although I do believe in life if you are going to do something do it well haha.."

12 weeks ago

"That’s why short coffee socials in a public place are great.

Definitely "

Only valuable if those people that are invited actually intend to turn up.

By *hePleasurerMan
12 weeks ago

Cheshire

I would never meet for sex without first meeting for coffee and chat, somewhere public. Anyone who has a problem with that won't be getting lucky...

By *r AnalyticMan
12 weeks ago

Nuneaton

Well I've started video calling one to show who I am and two to see them.

If they dont wanna video call then a photo with a random word i give them.

I enjoy sex but im not desperate

By *urvy3cuteWoman
12 weeks ago

somewhere in Northants

Omg! I did a double take when I saw what looked like my name as starting a post in a forum.

Phew. But yes the fakes are annoying.

By *rsKOTCTWoman
12 weeks ago

Leeds

I'd never get as far as meeting with a catfish, we did at the very start & now we do our own checks to make sure they are real - ask for a photo of them doing something random, video call etc, you have to do your own vetting before inviting strangers into your home.

By *ealitybitesMan
12 weeks ago

Belfast

I'm one of those who has never been catfished, had a no show or been one.

I read threads every week on here from people who seem to have a very different experience to mine and I always struggle to understand why.

I've read comments from people about certain chat apps being full of bots but I've never come across those either and others saying they have been asked for money or favours in return for a meet but again I've never had a conversation like that.

I know I am very selective in who I choose to chat to and even more fussy about who I will meet for a social but none of my experiences here have been down to luck.

I don't doubt that others do have these experiences but I always think that if the site really was full of fakes why do so many including me never have any negative experiences with them?

By *aomilatteCouple
12 weeks ago

Midlands

"I'm one of those who has never been catfished, had a no show or been one.

I read threads every week on here from people who seem to have a very different experience to mine and I always struggle to understand why.

I've read comments from people about certain chat apps being full of bots but I've never come across those either and others saying they have been asked for money or favours in return for a meet but again I've never had a conversation like that.

I know I am very selective in who I choose to chat to and even more fussy about who I will meet for a social but none of my experiences here have been down to luck.

I don't doubt that others do have these experiences but I always think that if the site really was full of fakes why do so many including me never have any negative experiences with them? "

The reality is you seem very sensible, but unfortunately there are many gullible people on here who believe everything they see.

By *imply DeeWoman
12 weeks ago

Wherever

"That’s why short coffee socials in a public place are great.

Definitely

Only valuable if those people that are invited actually intend to turn up.

"

Even if they don’t, it tells you everything you need to know about them, and you can still have your coffee.

I prefer that than someone I don’t like turning up on my doorstep and them knowing now where I live!

By *iddle ManMan
12 weeks ago

Walsall

Somethings are too good to be true, but it's people faking your average person now. The hot lady messaging g you demanding sex now is NEARLY always a fake, though

You have to be careful now. It's ashame but that's the way the world is.

12 weeks ago

doncaster

On the flip we’ve also had somat similar where we rocked up and the guy was about 25 years older than the pics he had been sending that time we left with out action

By *lueeyedchapMan
12 weeks ago

Nottingham

I generally ignore contact from profiles without some kind of verification and even then as soon as pic swapping is mentioned I get out of there.

Fakes quickly get bored if you don’t indulge pic swapping/sexting.

By *ink vixenCouple
12 weeks ago

Medway

So now that you’ve become an expert at spotting them become a full time unpaid admin and do us all a favour?

12 weeks ago

I thought the OP said Flakes, Cadbury ones.

By *oupleSeducedCouple
12 weeks ago

Canterbury/Greenwich

That's why clubs are great.

By *tirlingbenMan
12 weeks ago

Stirling

Nothing new. Me and my partner at the time used to use Loot for meets. Our first foursome was with a couple who described themselves as bi and 30.

In cat years maybe!

And he certainly wasn't bi.

By *ikesEmBigMan
12 weeks ago

Herts

My penis is fake

By *WB85Man
12 weeks ago

Staffordshire

It's why if we're ever in any doubt we ask for a simple verification picture.

Ask for something ridiculous like a picture holding a spoon.

If they get defensive.....they're fake. The genuine people won't mind doing it.

Also from your comment of ring door cameras.....always meet somewhere in public for a social. Giving random people your address is sadly making you vulnerable.

12 weeks ago

"It's why if we're ever in any doubt we ask for a simple verification picture.

Ask for something ridiculous like a picture holding a spoon.

If they get defensive.....they're fake. The genuine people won't mind doing it.

Also from your comment of ring door cameras.....always meet somewhere in public for a social. Giving random people your address is sadly making you vulnerable. "

Good idea.

12 weeks ago

So what did you do, just refuse to answer the door?

We all know she still fucked him lol "

Really didn’t. Opened the door and yelled at him.

He scarpered pretty quick.

12 weeks ago

"Where possible, I always insist on a quick video call. "

Yeah this is going to be my go to in future.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
12 weeks ago

Reading

I am yet to meet someone who want who they said. I have encountered people taking years off their age but that's it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
12 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

My advice from someone who has never been strung along by a 'fake' ....

Ask for a cam chat

No cam chat ...... move on.

YOU are wasting your own time.

If there were no feeders there'd be no fishers

By *4bimMan
12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Anyway.

Some bastard put toothpaste in my Oreos.

By *herry delightWoman
12 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

I would say I have been getting loads more catfish/fack messages than I used to.

Had one yesterday took me all of 2 mins to Google image search his picture came back as someone else.

I had a message from a person that had taken a picture from a news report, so I sent back a lovely message saying how sorry I was about the situation in the news.

The person had no idea what I was thinking about lol.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
12 weeks ago

Central

"Why do they do it?

"

It's a free to use site, with tens of thousands of people using it at no cost. This model doesn't support an army of staff to evaluate in depth, each user. It places emphasis of responsibilities to us all, as users, to use due diligence, in both assessments and meeting safety.

Many users share detailed help about how to do this - in more instances, it's about using common sense.

By *arialoueWoman
12 weeks ago

bradford

I reported someone the other week n he has now created another account, it's wrong

12 weeks ago

" My hot black stallion sadly turned up 30 years older, 10 stone larger and a different race. Lesson well and truly learnt.

I think you deserve to be catfished if you are referring to people as "my hot black stallion".

By *midnight-Woman
12 weeks ago

If you find fake photos, just report them OP

If they are delusional about their measurements.... well 99% of the men would need to leave!

By *igronnie89Man
12 weeks ago

near you

"Why do they do it?

"

also makes it worse for us genuine guys on here as your trust goes

By *igronnie89Man
12 weeks ago

near you

"My advice from someone who has never been strung along by a 'fake' ....

Ask for a cam chat

No cam chat ...... move on.

YOU are wasting your own time.

If there were no feeders there'd be no fishers

"

very good shout this

By *iberius61Man
12 weeks ago

Pontefract

"...I think you deserve to be catfished if you are referring to people as "my hot black stallion"."

Could go in the thread about when does banter...

By *unner6969Man
12 weeks ago

Herts/Bucks

Two lessons learnt, the wrong way. I’ve made those mistakes too. It hurts.

1. Always meet first in a public place.

2. Never invite strangers to your house for a first meet (or maybe, just never).

By *iberius61Man
12 weeks ago

Pontefract

"2. Never invite strangers to your house for a first meet (or maybe, just never)."

Yup, for me it's a pub 5 mins walk down the road. Easy relaxed social but can nip back to mine if there's a spark.

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

Never had an issue with fakes on this site in previous years.

However I work in cyber security and have down some feelance work for fraud cases. These were money based or get rich quit scams but I have seen the same pictures on dating sites and various social media.

Unfortunatly the admins don't have the time to vet every new member that signs up and you can never get 100% proof every time.

I can spot a fake profile from experience and from using basic tools you can do some invesitagion.

However there is a line you cannot cross, you can use seach engines etc but go any further and you are now breaking the law. If it is a genuine profile it could land you in trouble.

First Line of defense, if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

My last post was for information only, please do not contact me asking me for help.

Anything that is related to hacking for personal reasons is unethical and could have consequences

By *he turned me GreyCouple
12 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"Why do they do it?

"

Are you real?...

Mr

By *ealitybitesMan
12 weeks ago

Belfast

Two lessons learnt, the wrong way. I’ve made those mistakes too. It hurts.

1. Always meet first in a public place.

2. Never invite strangers to your house for a first meet (or maybe, just never)."

I have been invited by 2 different women to a first meet at their homes and they sent me their addresses before I had responded to their request.

They were extremely well verified but I refused both on the grounds that any woman who had such little thought for personal safety that she was happy to give me unsolicited personal info and home address and allow me as a complete stranger into her house was not a woman I would have any interest in ever meeting.

By *ora the explorerWoman
12 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"I'm one of those who has never been catfished, had a no show or been one.

I don't doubt that others do have these experiences but I always think that if the site really was full of fakes why do so many including me never have any negative experiences with them? "

Same. I could have written every bit of this. Not

Had any of it and I’ve been here a loooooong old time!

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

As said above I or "we" back in the day never had any trouble on here.

But other apps are just a joke! You sign up and haven't even created a profile a smoking hot girl that lives nearby wants some NSA fun as long as you click a link to verify your identity!

Never had anything like that on here and I doubt anyone would fall for that but find a vulnerable person and theres always a possibility

By *iker JackMan
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I can accommodate but that doesn’t mean I will accommodate until I have met the person socially first, stayed in a hotel and once I feel I can trust them, then and only then, will I invite them to my home.

There would be zero chance that a stranger, and one I had definitely not seen on a video call would be anywhere near my home.

I wouldn’t worry about the fact he was fake but see it as a lucky escape as if you lie about that what else are you saying that isn’t real and they were at your door

Post new Message to Thread