Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Flakers

Jump to newest

By *igR93 OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

So…

Does anyone here have experience with people wanting to chat endlessly for weeks then a day or two later when it comes to meeting seem to fall off the face of the earth?

What’s the point?

Why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inUpProWoman
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

Yep! Has 3 of these lately. One tonight in fact

By *r John WickMan
12 weeks ago

The Continental

Loads of potential reasons.

You’re best off not thinking about it though, you’ll drive yourself to distraction.

Many people here, see others as disposable pleasures, and don’t consider the feelings of the person at the other end of the connection.

By *eeandsexymCouple
12 weeks ago

Between selby/york

[Removed by poster at 11/07/24 21:57:48]

By *eeandsexymCouple
12 weeks ago

Between selby/york

"So…

Does anyone here have experience with people wanting to chat endlessly for weeks then a day or two later when it comes to meeting seem to fall off the face of the earth?

What’s the point?

Why? "

Yes does our heads in, and totally disrespectful

By *erfHerder74Man
12 weeks ago

Greenock

I think the chase is fun but when reality hits they panic.

I’ve had this happen from ladies and men, sometimes it’s just scary to meet someone.

Maybe meet in a public space before hooking up, that’s what I try to encourage

By *igR93 OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

"Loads of potential reasons.

You’re best off not thinking about it though, you’ll drive yourself to distraction.

Many people here, see others as disposable pleasures, and don’t consider the feelings of the person at the other end of the connection. "

No dramas on the thinking side mr wick,

I always delete the message thread

Curiosity has always been a hindrance of mine however!

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
12 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I don't experience it much.

But then I long ago moved to only meeting new people at clubs and group socials, so if they flaked I could still meet new people and find good company instead of wasting an evening banking on a stranger

By *rimson_RoseWoman
12 weeks ago

Tamworth

I tend to chat for a week or two before meeting.

Part of this is because I have limited time and partly because I want to make sure I spend it with genuinely compatible people that I feel safe meeting alone.

It's a good way to rod out the people who aren't prepared to make the effort to get to know me, which is what I like from my meets.

In that period of time, the people who don't share my approach generally show that by making comments that show they're assuming a social will be more than a social or getting very sexual early.

At that point, I'll move on. They probably see it as being flaky but essentially, they've put me off and ignored my cues, carrying on with behaviours I've clearly not responded to and outright ignored.

By *eroLondonMan
12 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Loads of potential reasons.

Many people here, see others as disposable pleasures, and don’t consider the feelings of the person at the other end of the connection. "

I think one cannot get a better explanation than this. The lack of empathy from some people on here is a spectre to those who expect and deserve better.

By *inkShyWoman
12 weeks ago

near Windsor

Yep.

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

I'm sure one or two could describe me this way.

I dot see it as been flakey or not caring about someone else's feelings. For me it's just having too much in my head, a form of self preservation, a point where I just can't take any more interaction. So I bail.

Or I'm just a time waster. Who knows.

By *ikeSM23Man
12 weeks ago

Manchester

"So…

What’s the point?

Why? "

It’s a common theme best summed as social insecurity. Those that are not committed to meeting irl enjoy the titillation of innuendo and the falsehood of gaining attention via a digital interface. If you are frustrated by having your time wasted by flakers then take charge of the conversation early on, …. for example ask to see a face photo, don’t hesitate asking if they wish to meet (a social meeting works just as well as a sex meet for first contact), ask if they will exchange mob no’s and seek to speak on the phone. It soon becomes apparent who are there to waste time versus those that are seeking to meet.

By *icolerobbieCouple
12 weeks ago

walsall

Very much so. It seems the norm on here these days.

By *he Silver FuxMan
12 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

Keyboard wankers and fantasists… It’s usually husbands running the accounts

By *r John WickMan
12 weeks ago

The Continental

"I'm sure one or two could describe me this way.

I dot see it as been flakey or not caring about someone else's feelings. For me it's just having too much in my head, a form of self preservation, a point where I just can't take any more interaction. So I bail.

Or I'm just a time waster. Who knows."

You’re an enigma.

By *elloWoman
12 weeks ago

alpha centauri

"So…

What’s the point?

Why? "

For weeks . My attention span is so short I don't continue messaging the next day let alone over weeks

By *lueLotusWoman
12 weeks ago

the wilderness

Maybe they just like the bants

By *midnight-Woman
12 weeks ago

"So…

What’s the point?

Why? "

So many things happen in real life to derail plans... How could you possibly know what's going on with them

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

"So…

What’s the point?

Why?

So many things happen in real life to derail plans... How could you possibly know what's going on with them

They could always chat and say. Yes family life gets in the way and that we all understand. But its when they go on radio silence.

"

By *r John WickMan
12 weeks ago

The Continental

"So…

What’s the point?

Why?

For weeks . My attention span is so short I don't continue messaging the next day let alone over weeks "

Wanna bang?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
12 weeks ago

Central

NSA partners aren't the priority in the other person's life. Family, work, friends and the complications of getting away from them are and are difficult for many. Compare a single man with someone married with children, childcare, a job etc. lives are very different.

It's as abhorrent to stand someone up, however complicated your life is. But many people have to juggle a lot and to be very certain that it will work, before they access 2 of the few times they may get free time. It may be expensive for them too and carry a lot of risk.

Just complications can be enough for some to give up when it gets tough.

But let's not forget that women etc have lots of choice here and thus survival of the fittest will prevail. They'll really want to be sure you're worth it and the best fit for them.

Overall, most of us will not be compatible with most other people. It will be looks, personality, preferences and many other things.

Having realistic expectations is essential. Many don't

By *elloWoman
12 weeks ago

alpha centauri

"So…

What’s the point?

Why?

For weeks . My attention span is so short I don't continue messaging the next day let alone over weeks

Wanna bang? "

Can I nibble your minstrels

By *r John WickMan
12 weeks ago

The Continental

"So…

What’s the point?

Why?

Wanna bang?

Can I nibble your minstrels "

Of course.

By *iberius61Man
12 weeks ago

Pontefract

Not always weeks, sometimes it's just one evening, other times a few days then they just stop. Don't bother me too much, I like chatting

Had quite a chat with a lady a few weeks ago, she freely admitted early on that she was just feeling horny and wasn't really looking to meet anyone at the moment. I said I don't mind so we carried on, not spoken since.

Post new Message to Thread