Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are you proud

Jump to newest

By *iker Jack OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Are you proud to be (insert country of origin here)

As someone who says I am English over British it seems to have a sometimes negative connotation

The Irish, Welsh and Scottish seem to be so proud and are not afraid to show it whether through their Saints Days or in general

If you’re not proud what stops you being so?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *luehairedcumslutCouple
12 weeks ago

St Neots

I'm proud to be just British (family from Ireland, I was born in Scotland, brought up in England).

By *ell GwynnWoman
12 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

It's not a notion I've ever really understood, maybe because I'm English and I've never had to face persecution because of it. I had no control over where I was born. It's not something I've actively achieved. I love the area of England that I come from because it's beautiful and familiar. I'm not proud of being from here though.

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

Well I'm from Northern Ireland but brought up in a protestant background so always had a British passport.

Can't really say I'm proud and can't be bothered explaining the difference so just say I'm Irish. 20 years in London and my accent has almost gone. Which is good because when I arrived everyone thought I enjoyed them doing an impression of it.

I really didn't!

By *uri00620Woman
12 weeks ago

Croydon

Nope. I have Indian heritage too and equally disinterested in that.

By *929Man
12 weeks ago

newcastle

I take zero pride in being English, conversely I’m somewhat proud of being quarter Spanish though haha I just dislike a lot of the English, many make us look like twats when abroad and no wonder many countries hate us

By *moothCriminal_xMan
12 weeks ago

Redditch

I am pleased to be English

Wouldnt say proud

By *rafter69Man
12 weeks ago

upminster

English and proud

By *naswingdressWoman
12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

No. I'm not proud of my accidental of birth.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
12 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I mean.

What is there to be proud of?

There's no personal achievement. I haven't done anything more than happen to be born here. There's nothing to take pride in.

By *itSurreyCoupleCouple
12 weeks ago

Reigate

Could not care one bit.

There are just too many gross people who are too overtly proud to be English/british.

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

"I take zero pride in being English, conversely I’m somewhat proud of being quarter Spanish though haha I just dislike a lot of the English, many make us look like twats when abroad and no wonder many countries hate us "

Lol I remember a hotel that me and a few friends stayed at 3 years in a row in ibiza. The guy that ran the bar said he loved the Irish and would give us an Irish vodka when we ordered. By that he meant the proper absolute under the counter not the cheap local stuff on the wall that he served to the "English cnts" I KID YOU NOT

By *rightonsteveMan
12 weeks ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Not overly proud. I think I prefer the rural French way of life.

By *eroLondonMan
12 weeks ago

Mayfair

I'm proud to be British as I was born here; acknowledging my Indian heritage.

By *a LunaWoman
12 weeks ago

South

Being Welsh is like a warm hug that envelopes you. There is a sense of solidarity amongst fellow Welshies when you don’t even know them. Probably because of the amount of shit we get off other home nations.

By *oydykeWoman
12 weeks ago

Southampton (they/them)

No; I don’t care for any of that. I’m proud of being LGBT, because it’s something I’ve been persecuted for; something that I’ve been hated for. No ones ever cared about me being English/polish

By *ensuallover1000Man
12 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I be proud to be from Bucks.

We’ve bin using gender neutral pronouns long before the lot o’you’s.

We don’t use He/him, she/her etc.

Everything ‘ere is, ‘Them’

‘Look at them there peeple/sheep/Amazon delivery personnel etc.’

Oooo arrrr!

By *weetiepie99Woman
12 weeks ago

cardiff

"Being Welsh is like a warm hug that envelopes you. There is a sense of solidarity amongst fellow Welshies when you don’t even know them. Probably because of the amount of shit we get off other home nations.

"

Exactly this, Cymru am Byth, am proud to be Welsh and of my heritage

By *ripfillMan
12 weeks ago

havant

I was proud of being European

Till the stupid referendum was carried out

By *929Man
12 weeks ago

newcastle

"I take zero pride in being English, conversely I’m somewhat proud of being quarter Spanish though haha I just dislike a lot of the English, many make us look like twats when abroad and no wonder many countries hate us

Lol I remember a hotel that me and a few friends stayed at 3 years in a row in ibiza. The guy that ran the bar said he loved the Irish and would give us an Irish vodka when we ordered. By that he meant the proper absolute under the counter not the cheap local stuff on the wall that he served to the "English cnts" I KID YOU NOT"

Haha honestly doesn’t surprise me mate most are cunts

By *ripfillMan
12 weeks ago

havant

Cumberland in my heart ….

European in my brain

By *r John WickMan
12 weeks ago

The Continental

Nope, I have no real notion of pride about where I’m from. That was chosen for me before my birth. I’m simply proud to be a good man, a good husband, and a good father.

By *lue RascalMan
12 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

I’m happy I’m from where I’m from. Don’t know if I’d say I was proud. It does the job.

By *oo..Woman
12 weeks ago

Boo's World

I'm English, nothing more really needs to be added to the end of it.

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

"I take zero pride in being English, conversely I’m somewhat proud of being quarter Spanish though haha I just dislike a lot of the English, many make us look like twats when abroad and no wonder many countries hate us

Lol I remember a hotel that me and a few friends stayed at 3 years in a row in ibiza. The guy that ran the bar said he loved the Irish and would give us an Irish vodka when we ordered. By that he meant the proper absolute under the counter not the cheap local stuff on the wall that he served to the "English cnts" I KID YOU NOT

Haha honestly doesn’t surprise me mate most are cunts "

I tan well and speak fluent Spanish so I can blend in better or out??

Post new Message to Thread