Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bear Attacks on the Rise

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports that Japan has suffered 219 bear attacks in the year to April with six fatalities. This is compounded by strict gun laws which means that licences hunters can only shoot if a Japanese police officer gives permission. There is not always a Japanese police officer present when the bears attack so they are looking at relaxing gun laws. They ve even tried robot wolves to scare these bears but the problem prevails. Hunters are being offered equivalent of £50 a day to hunt the buggers but there are few takers as It can be dangerous to the hunters. Good job bears are extinct here. It's all over the news.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eordieJeansCouple
12 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

This is what happens when you choose the bear.

By *elvet RopeMan
12 weeks ago

by the big field

"This is what happens when you choose the bear."

Kinda awkward for a few people

By *onynickiCouple
12 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Bears and cocaine…….. never going to end well!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Not on Tom's holiday destination list

By *eliz NelsonMan
12 weeks ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

I cannot understand only 6 fatalities from 219 bear attacks!! Are the bears just warning rather than attacking? Are the japanese 'dead hard' like ninjas? How are they controlling robot wolves?? And do 'robot wolves' like bears, shit in the woods?

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

"Reports that Japan has suffered 219 bear attacks in the year to April with six fatalities. This is compounded by strict gun laws which means that licences hunters can only shoot if a Japanese police officer gives permission. There is not always a Japanese police officer present when the bears attack so they are looking at relaxing gun laws. They ve even tried robot wolves to scare these bears but the problem prevails. Hunters are being offered equivalent of £50 a day to hunt the buggers but there are few takers as It can be dangerous to the hunters. Good job bears are extinct here. It's all over the news....."

Tom, we need the statistic for attacks by men and fatalaties so that we can make an informed decision about "men vs bear" - also your report gives no indication as to the number of these attacks were in the forest (outside the forest does not count).

Can I say, this is very poor reporting on your part. Leaves more questions than answers, so in marking your assessment, I will have to say "could do better".

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
12 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

Well those 6 fatalities... it's there own fault....they shouldn't have eaten the porridge..

By *eordieJeansCouple
12 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Well those 6 fatalities... it's there own fault....they shouldn't have stirred the porridge.."

By *agatoXXXMan
12 weeks ago

Mordor

I think you'll be fine in essex

By *otsossieMan
12 weeks ago

Chesterfield

"I cannot understand only 6 fatalities from 219 bear attacks!! Are the bears just warning rather than attacking? Are the japanese 'dead hard' like ninjas? How are they controlling robot wolves?? And do 'robot wolves' like bears, shit in the woods?"

Bears are smaller over there.

By *eliz NelsonMan
12 weeks ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Its still an 'effing' bear!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Strangely in Japan they have a mix of black bears and the more aggressive brown bear which I'm America they call the Grizzly bear. Never mix it with a grizzley

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Chelmsford

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66737051

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Chelmsford

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c19kvevezlwo

By *a LunaWoman
12 weeks ago

South

Call me a money grabbing hoe but I’d want more than £50 a day to go bear hunting.

British Gas engineers probably earn more than that!!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
12 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"Call me a money grabbing hoe but I’d want more than £50 a day to go bear hunting.

British Gas engineers probably earn more than that!!"

Don't get Tom started on British Gas

Post new Message to Thread