Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Personal missions in life

Jump to newest

By *ivemealadyboner OP   Woman
12 weeks ago

somewhere

Ever since we all got locked up four years ago, I decided I was going to try and make at least one person smile or laugh everyday. I hate the thought of someone being sad and I like to think I do that every day, it could be making a tit out of myself on here, buying a chocolate bar for my manager at work that has a really shit time personally, doing a stupid tiktok...anything.

My question is: do you have a personal mission? Could be paying it forward, rescuing all the cats and dogs or donating to that small charity that no one has heard of but close to your heart.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
12 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

I don't have a mission as such. I do have values that I think make for a good life for me and for others around me and make them habit as much as possible.

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

Have you succeeded OP?

I had one mission from the 2019 election and that was to do all i could to get my nimby, self-seeking, divisive, profiteering MP out of office, and that happened on Friday morning.

Now to see if I can get some positive housing development, community projects, and social benefit being promoted in my Borough.

By *obandruthCouple
12 weeks ago

wolverhampton

To live it to the fullest.

By *ll-Knight-longMan
12 weeks ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

Having taken early retirement after working right through lockdowns, I have realised you can’t save time to use later. So I now use time , sometimes that means wandering about the garden with garden tools……. Sometimes meeting other koi keepers……sorting out requests from family…….. setting up medieval tents and discussing my knowledge of 15th century history & having fun round the camp fire.

Oh & the occasional relaxed sharing of intimate fun with like minded people

12 weeks ago

somewhere

"Have you succeeded OP?

I had one mission from the 2019 election and that was to do all i could to get my nimby, self-seeking, divisive, profiteering MP out of office, and that happened on Friday morning.

Now to see if I can get some positive housing development, community projects, and social benefit being promoted in my Borough."

I think so, sometimes I make people laugh with my sheer stupidity sometimes over things (for example I made Rubik cry laughing the other day when I didn't know nelson and Napoleon were two different people...I shit you not). So yeah, I think I do x

12 weeks ago

"

I think so, sometimes I make people laugh with my sheer stupidity sometimes over things (for example I made Rubik cry laughing the other day when I didn't know nelson and Napoleon were two different people...I shit you not). So yeah, I think I do x"

Bugger, that made me chuckle (especially as I love history). You have fulfilled your mission for the day

12 weeks ago

somewhere

"

I think so, sometimes I make people laugh with my sheer stupidity sometimes over things (for example I made Rubik cry laughing the other day when I didn't know nelson and Napoleon were two different people...I shit you not). So yeah, I think I do x

Bugger, that made me chuckle (especially as I love history). You have fulfilled your mission for the day "

Oh I have more of them lol. I'll save it for another day x

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
12 weeks ago

chichester

My mission is to find a romantic life partner eventually , hoping I won’t be single for ever lol

By *emidemiWoman
12 weeks ago

basingstoke

I try to make sure that the people closest to me feel appreciated. I really like to listen/pay attention and find out what people’s love language is, and then use that to make them feel appreciated in a personal way.

By *r John WickMan
12 weeks ago

The Continental

My family founded a charity last year.

My mission is to contribute in any small way to make it a success.

12 weeks ago

somewhere

"My family founded a charity last year.

My mission is to contribute in any small way to make it a success."

Love this x

By *r John WickMan
12 weeks ago

The Continental

"My family founded a charity last year.

My mission is to contribute in any small way to make it a success.

Love this x"

Although I suspect that, as the active one in the family…….i’ll be doing some rather bonkers fundraiser challenges.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

12 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I try to make sure that the people closest to me feel appreciated. I really like to listen/pay attention and find out what people’s love language is, and then use that to make them feel appreciated in a personal way. "

This 100%

Doesn't matter if it's a partner, a friend, or even a new casual acquaintance.

Just be nice.

By *imply DeeWoman
12 weeks ago

Wherever

I came from an awful family background and, 50 odd years later, I still carry lots of child hood trauma.

I try my best to be the best parent for my kids and I think I succeeded at it so far.

My biggest hope is they think the same.

By *till gameMan
12 weeks ago

two doors down

As I’m listed for double lung transplant, should I be lucky and become a recipient,

My mission after recovery will be to promote organ donation.

By *wiss Army KnifeMan
12 weeks ago

Second star to the right…

That’s a really nice sentiment OP and I hope you have a lot of success in your mission.

I have a job where I work with kids (teenagers) and i don’t see them as “little shits” as some do.

They are damaged and most have had hard life with few chances.

I had a very difficult childhood and early adulthood but pulled my shit together. So I try to pass on what I have learned my successes and failures. On occasion I see a little light of hope in their eyes that they can take charge of their lives and move on to better things.

It’s my attitude in everyday life too, I try to bring out the best in people and not lower myself to the level of the ones who are messed up.

So i guess my “mission” in life is to to improve myself and those around me if I can.

By *affron40Woman
12 weeks ago

manchester

I’m very lucky to work in the field which is my mission in life. It’s a great motivator for being your best self.

12 weeks ago

I want to possitivly impact the lives of as many people as I can. There's so much I feel I can offer and can do for people, but the levels of frustrations with not making progress is very difficult. I have ADHD which hinders me, but also I need resourses (people and money) as the project(s) are too big for just me. I try and keep my head up and keep going,.but the truth is its very difficult to achieve the things I want to as they are very very big aspirations.

PS: great post/topic... putting a smile on someones face everyday is a fantastic goal

By *4bimMan
12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Having little to do with negative people.

It's a instant walk away now as all they do is bring you down.

Fatal if you get into conversation with them as you can end up becoming just like them.

They do more damage than you think.

By *ansoffateMan
12 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

No personal mission, I have some beliefs and values.

Life presents opportunities and obstacles - I try to enjoy the ride where I can. Sometimes happiness sometimes sadness. Sometimes nihilists piss on my rug. Strikes and gutters.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

12 weeks ago

East Sussex

I don't really have a mission. I just try to get by the best way I can while doing as little harm as possible

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

12 weeks ago

East Sussex

^^ I did have a mission to perfect winged eyeliner. I had to abandon it...

12 weeks ago

somewhere

"^^ I did have a mission to perfect winged eyeliner. I had to abandon it... "

I try my best with eyeliner, one comes out perfect the other one not so much lol.

These are all fantastic but to the person waiting on the double lung transplant....I really hope your wishes come true soon xxx

By *he turned me GreyCouple
12 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Three missions really...

To stay clean, day by day.

To be a little bit better than I was yesterday if not, there's always tomorrow..

To be of service to others, the best that I can, but not at expense to myself...

Mr

By *inky_couple2020Couple
12 weeks ago

North West

Mine is mainly to survive without getting too much more incapacitated.

Be a decent Mum

Try and make a positive difference in the world, remembering that even the most amazing of humans are forgotten pretty quickly, so this part of the mission has taken a backseat, the more I realise how disposable we are, as humans.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
12 weeks ago

London

Don't really have a mission, generally struggle to find meaning in anything but more recently trying to focus on finding the passion in what I do.

I would love to feel passionate about something.

12 weeks ago

To wake up every day.

Post new Message to Thread