Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hot tubs

Jump to newest

By *amingfox OP   Couple
12 weeks ago

Swadlincote

We are thinking of buying a hot tub it's not going to be a permanent expensive one so any recommendations on any of the inflatable ones or is there any others we could probably look at thanks in advance for any advice

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *gent CoulsonMan
12 weeks ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I picked an Intex purespa up from FB market place for £60, bargain.

Had a couple of punctures which cost me £10 for the repair kit and about a couple of hours to track the things down with the spray bottle if water and washing up liquid.

I can recommend the make though, and spares don't seem to be that expensive

By *rincealbert777Man
12 weeks ago

welling

Any of the “lay z spa “ models are good value for money, easy to set up, works quite well , not ridiculous cost to run ( there is a heater element so keep the lid on when not in use ) , they are often on offer ££ at b&q or Amazon especially if you purchase in autumn , easy to get the chlorine correct - ignore the powdered chlorine - it’s a right faf …. Get a floating mushroom thing and put 2 chlorine tablets in it , leave that in the tub when no humans in the tub but take it out when humans in the tub and when the tablets have dissolved - add 2 more.

Some people have had bad luck - after a few years the heater / pump / filter has a fault - they are repairable ! and can even purchase a new pump without the tub for a sensible cost

By *rincealbert777Man
12 weeks ago

welling

If you have too much chlorine or leave the floating mushroom chlorine dispenser in the tub when your in the tub - delicate bits of skin could suffer - “ jock itch “ - Google it ! - but it’s so easy to not have too much - don’t use more than 2 tablets of chlorine and take it out when your in the tub - simple !

By *hunky GentMan
12 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"We are thinking of buying a hot tub it's not going to be a permanent expensive one so any recommendations on any of the inflatable ones or is there any others we could probably look at thanks in advance for any advice "

If you get a lay-z-spa.

I'd recommend the square one, unless it's just for you.

With the circular ones you sit opposite each other and get your legs are tangled up.

By *iker JackMan
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

It depends on your budget. I have a wood fired one. Heats up in about 2 hours so over a longish period of time or constant regular use is cheaper to run than electric one

By *easerNPleaserMan
12 weeks ago

Birmingham

I have a lazy spa Vegas that I'm happy with. Would recommend a submersible pump to empty it quickly, and a wet vac is really useful for cleaning out any remaining water/sand/bits.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
12 weeks ago

Central

What do they cost to heat up? I know electric tariffs vary.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
12 weeks ago

Central

"What do they cost to heat up? I know electric tariffs vary. "

£8.08 for weekend use, using the thermal cover, according to their website. Obviously water meter costs too

By *iker JackMan
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

My lay z spa worked out about £2/day, I left it on all the time so was just topping the heat up

By *amingfox OP   Couple
12 weeks ago

Swadlincote

Thanks everyone for the advice x

By *sleWightCoupleCouple
12 weeks ago

Ryde

We've had a couple of inflatable in the past few years, and the round ones are more comfortable than the square models, not to mention a damn-sight easier to have sex in!

The first one sounded like a sodding jet-engine when you bubbles were going, but the new one is much quieter. Everyone still knows what you are doing, but it drowns out even the most Italian of lovers when they are "at it".

Another consideration is that it can take up to 7 hours from cold to get these things up to the desired 37 degree temperature, so you have to plan ahead when using one. Some heat a bit quicker than others, so it's definitely another thing to check out before purchasing.

By *ellowthread2Couple
12 weeks ago

manchester

"We are thinking of buying a hot tub it's not going to be a permanent expensive one so any recommendations on any of the inflatable ones or is there any others we could probably look at thanks in advance for any advice "

we got a inflatable one from B&Q . fit six realy mean 4 . we got a gazebo over it and have it out from may till sept . ask any questions

By *hropmMan
10 weeks ago

shrewsbury

I have just purchased the lay z spa maldives hydro pro love it

By *inAndTonic21Couple
10 weeks ago

Merseyside

Lay z spa is most common and the one we have is great for temporary set up spring and summer.

Can get good deals on full packages too via Amazon or b&q

Post new Message to Thread