14 weeks ago

leicester

Hello everyone!

Right so we are thinking about getting either

Suzuki Hayabusa

Honda blackbird

Bandit 1200

Zzr

We want this kind of bike to go more long distances as the r1 is supper sexy ect but can be a bitch on the back ect

So what I’m asking for is your opinion on them bikes good or bad ect or throw something else in the mix as we r open to suggestions amongst other things lol

Thanks ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lowupdollTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Herts

I rode a blackbird with mate and a load of luggage non stop to Germany. Flawless. Of the options it’s streets ahead of the others, the ergonomics are superb, handles much much better than it should and fast enough to keep up with anyone.

By *carlet SeductionWoman
14 weeks ago

Maidstone

Been a pillion on long journeys on a zzr and it was really comfy.

I used to ride a bandit 400 and loved it but can't comment on the 1200. I'm just trying to remember what other big was good... it'll come to me...

By *a LunaWoman
14 weeks ago

South

What about a Harley? They have a selection of touring bikes don’t they?

By *lowupdollTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Herts

"What about a Harley? They have a selection of touring bikes don’t they?"

They usually come with a mortgage sized price tag

By *eWillMakeYouSquirt OP   Couple
14 weeks ago

leicester

[Removed by poster at 06/07/24 11:11:57]

14 weeks ago

leicester

[Removed by poster at 06/07/24 11:12:07]

14 weeks ago

leicester

"What about a Harley? They have a selection of touring bikes don’t they?"

Not really my cup of tea but thanks anyway

14 weeks ago

leicester

"I rode a blackbird with mate and a load of luggage non stop to Germany. Flawless. Of the options it’s streets ahead of the others, the ergonomics are superb, handles much much better than it should and fast enough to keep up with anyone. "

Wow that’s some distance, we were leaning towards the Hayabusa but not sat on either yet so will have to go and have a try of both

14 weeks ago

leicester

"Been a pillion on long journeys on a zzr and it was really comfy.

I used to ride a bandit 400 and loved it but can't comment on the 1200. I'm just trying to remember what other big was good... it'll come to me..."

I do love the look of the bandit and they definitely do go well, will have to go and try a few. If it comes to you please do drop us a message..

By *agerMorganMan
14 weeks ago

Canvey Island

Out of the list, Blackbird or ZZR.

By *hromosexualsCouple
14 weeks ago

Near Abercynon

We've got a few bikes but the newest purchase was a Kawasaki 1400GTR. We ride in Europe quite a bit and it's the perfect bike for fast long distance touring.

I (Mr) rode it to Bavaria in January, 950 miles only stopping for fuel and ferry... it was pretty comfortable

By *lowupdollTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Herts

"I rode a blackbird with mate and a load of luggage non stop to Germany. Flawless. Of the options it’s streets ahead of the others, the ergonomics are superb, handles much much better than it should and fast enough to keep up with anyone.

Wow that’s some distance, we were leaning towards the Hayabusa but not sat on either yet so will have to go and have a try of both"

If you’re 2 up and I assume taking some luggage then the Busa isn’t great. Weak rear subframe means it can’t carry much on the back and there aren’t hard fit luggage options last time o looked at them

By *uri00620Woman
14 weeks ago

Croydon

Guess it depends if pillion matters. The Sukuki felt unstable to me. My partner's dad had a Blackbird which felt much better. I can't comment on the rest.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
14 weeks ago

Cheshire

Only owned two big sports tourers a FJ1200 great bike especially loved the electric screen. Also an old CBR1000 but that was showing its age (same as the FJ to be honest) both good with panniers and top box.

Out of your bikes I’d go for the Blackbird, did ride one once (not far) but enjoyed it also knowing it will be reliable.

By *algraMan
14 weeks ago

Colchester

"Hello everyone!

Suzuki Hayabusa

Honda blackbird

Bandit 1200

Zzr

We want this kind of bike to go more long distances as the r1 is supper sexy ect but can be a bitch on the back ect

So what I’m asking for is your opinion on them bikes good or bad ect or throw something else in the mix as we r open to suggestions amongst other things lol

Thanks ?? "

Go for a zzr1100, zzr1200 or a zzr14 they are a bit more comfortable have more room for pillion and can eat the miles and take luggage

By *evonFbsCouple
14 weeks ago

SIDMOUTH

Did 14 years and 88000 miles with a blackbird.

No issues at all mainly two up. An insanely fast comfy lorry

By *exbot 1Man
14 weeks ago

Chester le street

You may want to look at kawasakiz1000sx an there is a touring model. Plenty power there even two up

By *evonFbsCouple
14 weeks ago

SIDMOUTH

These days i would look at a big adventure type for the better riding position but not a GS !!

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

Done my CBT a few years ago as got obsessed with the idea of getting a motorbike! Too worried about other drivers though... but I do want one!

By *idzmaleMan
14 weeks ago

telford

I’m a bike Honda person.

14 weeks ago

leicester

Defo booking test rides asap lol

By *layfullsamMan
14 weeks ago

Solihull

"I rode a blackbird with mate and a load of luggage non stop to Germany. Flawless. Of the options it’s streets ahead of the others, the ergonomics are superb, handles much much better than it should and fast enough to keep up with anyone.

Wow that’s some distance, we were leaning towards the Hayabusa but not sat on either yet so will have to go and have a try of both"

Check tyre wear on the busa I had a tricked up one back in the day and could shred a tyre in a ridiculously short time I still remember the bills now ! Guess you wouldn’t be thrashing it though… some nice bmw tourers that might suit or Honda Transalp if you venture down pitted off road tracks

By *riumph bonnevilleMan
14 weeks ago

canterbury

1200 bandit gets my vote ,had one for four years done some serious touring ,including

the hardnot pass, got a bonnie now ...if a geezer can tour around the world on one ...it will do me ....also ...parts are not expensive for both above bikes

By *iker JackMan
14 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I have 2 Harley’s.

For me if you want to use a bike to go away then you need to steer away from “road bikes”.

The way a bike handles with a pillion plus luggage is so different and this increases the longer you ride.

As the rider I find it tired me more. Almost rethinking the way the bike handled.

Also comfort for the pillion is a huge consideration

Maybe consider an enduro?

By *layfullsamMan
14 weeks ago

Solihull

"I have 2 Harley’s.

For me if you want to use a bike to go away then you need to steer away from “road bikes”.

The way a bike handles with a pillion plus luggage is so different and this increases the longer you ride.

As the rider I find it tired me more. Almost rethinking the way the bike handled.

Also comfort for the pillion is a huge consideration

Maybe consider an enduro?"

Part of this is people leaving the suspension on the same setting as when riding solo, huge difference if tyre pressures and shocks are tweaked for fully loaded riding

By *ookingaboutMan
14 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Blackbird, the carburetor, I have two.

Hugely comfortable two up.

Tons of power everywhere.

My style in ladt 3 years and 20 thousand miles only 2 bikes have passed me

By *lfa RomeoMan
14 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

Ducati Multistrada V4 S

Grand Tour

By *ookingaboutMan
14 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Well I'm not your preference in here and that I respect however I'm not a million miles away so happy to come over some time and take you both out for a spin.

What you ride ATM?

By *ilfAndDilf24Couple
14 weeks ago

bolton

A VFR or a CB1000 a great alternative

By *rgasmatron1970Man
14 weeks ago

Bromley

Z1300

14 weeks ago

To throw one into the mix I had a Triumph street triple r a few years back and that was a great bike for long rides. The pillion seat was apparently very comfy too. Plenty of power and good fun too. Plus reasonably priced. Oh and great to have some fun with a lass bent over it

By *ussy whisperer1000Man
14 weeks ago

redditch

Pan European st 1300 fantastic bike super comfy

By *dqsyMan
13 weeks ago

Mappawell

Have a look at a VFR 1200. I got one as 2 up a vfr800 was struggling to accelerate hard.

Its a bit of a land yacht, but it can be ridden like a sports bike if needed.

Its the last of the honda sports tourers so much faster than you would expect.

Comfortable, Rode to start of the NC 500 did that then rode home, and could still walk at the end of the week. The honda fairings are smaller than expected but if you pack light its no issue. Fuel consumption is 90 miles odd per tank at one end of the scale and 170 the other.

By *ddie1966Man
13 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

Out of the ones you've mentioned, I'd go for the Blackbird.

I'd also have a look at a Triumph Sprint 1050 GT.

I've got the ST version but the GT is a little more touring friendly.

Awesome machines that are seriously underrated and can be serious fun on the twisties if you want it to be.

By *aturebi-ker62Man
13 weeks ago

here and there

The yamaha fjr1300 might be something to consider

By *allandy64Man
13 weeks ago

Sheffield

"These days i would look at a big adventure type for the better riding position but not a GS !! "

What's wrong with a GS.....?

By *alandNitaCouple
13 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Hello everyone!

Suzuki Hayabusa

Honda blackbird

Bandit 1200

Zzr

Thanks ?? "

I have a Bandit 1250, it's great 2 up

By *allen Angels CplCouple
13 weeks ago

North East leicestershire

We've had a 1200 bandit which was a great bike but not ideal for long distances two up.

ZX12r is similar to the busa and a great sports tourer.

Not long sold our 1050 tiger which was a great all rounder, we did the TT on this and didn't miss a beat. Ide had surgery 5 weeks before and coped pillion with no problem.

Have fun whatever you choose x

By *evonFbsCouple
13 weeks ago

SIDMOUTH

"These days i would look at a big adventure type for the better riding position but not a GS !!

What's wrong with a GS.....? "

Personally doesnt quite work for me.

Owned 1150 and 1200 in the past

By *ayskiMan
13 weeks ago

Leeds

All 4 of them are a great choice.

I like the Blackbird, I’ve never heard an owner complain about them they always seem to rate them loads.

What about Honda CB1300 30th Anniversary red and white ??

By *ayabusailingMan
13 weeks ago

warwick

Hayabusa all day long, very lusty.

By *cflirtyMan
13 weeks ago

closer than you might think

A few good choices there... if by zzr you mean 1400 one of my group swears by his, I had a super blackbird and my ex loved touring on the back ... but also hated being on the back of my bandit. Busas are meant for rattling cages and have stiffer suspension generally! So see if you know someone who has one first.

I'm biased but would go blackbird

By *cflirtyMan
13 weeks ago

closer than you might think

"Pan European st 1300 fantastic bike super comfy "

By *carlet SeductionWoman
13 weeks ago

Maidstone

"We've had a 1200 bandit which was a great bike but not ideal for long distances two up.

ZX12r is similar to the busa and a great sports tourer.

Not long sold our 1050 tiger which was a great all rounder, we did the TT on this and didn't miss a beat. Ide had surgery 5 weeks before and coped pillion with no problem.

Have fun whatever you choose x"

I did not enjoy the tiger as a pillion. It just wasn't all that comfortable on long journeys and didn't feel as stable somehow. I might be talking bollocks as was a while ago now

By *ripfillMan
13 weeks ago

havant

I tour on a Fat Boy Harley …

Yes it’s slow and heavy but excellent for carrying kit

I love it plus it’s about the journey not getting to A-B in the fastest time it’s v comfortable too and quite economical

Blackbirds appear in this thread quite a lot

Fact

TT some years back Honda came back to the island

Joey Dunlop’s last appearance there

The black birds were given to the marshals to clear the roads. For practice and the racing

These off the shelf bikes went round at amazing speeds

Seconds off the average lap times - excellent riders of course but great testimony to

The Honda blackbirds used

By *luerooMan
13 weeks ago

Bridgwater

you may like to consider a BMW K1600 i bought one a month ago and the wife says its as comfy as sitting on the sofa, so smooth and eats up the miles. plenty of reviews on you tube.

By *he Silver FuxMan
13 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"Ducati Multistrada V4 S

Grand Tour"

This would be my choice - I’ve had a zzr1200 and many other sports bikes and I’d prefer a more upright riding position for long distances

13 weeks ago

Bought my first bike last year honda 750 hornet, unsure what to get next can't do sports bikes so maybe adventure type or another naked bike

Post new Message to Thread