Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

TripAdvisor

Jump to newest

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

I was looking at reviews earlier. People are marking hotels down because they don't give them wine and chocolates on their birthday.

Is that fair do you think?

We've been pleasantly surprised to receive them when we've returned to an hotel for a second time but don't expect it and wouldn't mark them down if they didn't do it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *midnight-Woman
14 weeks ago

Write.. I mean I'm pretty happy if it comes with parking!!

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Write.. I mean I'm pretty happy if it comes with parking!! "

I'm ecstatic if breakfast includes continental and fill English

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

^^ full

By *midnight-Woman
14 weeks ago

^^ wow not write

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"^^ wow not write

"

. I was trying to work out what you meant. Then I wondered if it was another new word I didn't know the latest meaning of.

By *r John WickMan
14 weeks ago

The Continental

I do laugh at reviews. Especially when they’re poles apart.

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I do laugh at reviews. Especially when they’re poles apart."

We stayed in a house once that had a guest book.

Someone had written that their stay was good overall but somewhat marred by the lack of a gravy jug.

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

"I do laugh at reviews. Especially when they’re poles apart.

Someone had written that their stay was good overall but somewhat marred by the lack of a gravy jug. "

A gravy jug is essential. I'd only give them one star if I could not find a gravy jug

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I do laugh at reviews. Especially when they’re poles apart.

Someone had written that their stay was good overall but somewhat marred by the lack of a gravy jug.

A gravy jug is essential. I'd only give them one star if I could not find a gravy jug"

It was you wasn't it...

By *assy69Man
14 weeks ago

West Sussex and Wales

[Removed by poster at 05/07/24 08:39:18]

By *assy69Man
14 weeks ago

West Sussex and Wales

"I was looking at reviews earlier. People are marking hotels down because they don't give them wine and chocolates on their birthday.

We've been pleasantly surprised to receive them when we've returned to an hotel for a second time but don't expect it and wouldn't mark them down if they didn't do it. "

I read trip advisor reviews before going to amble around India some years ago …… someone gave one of the places I was staying in a one star review because the tv only showed Indian language programmes????

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
14 weeks ago

Coventry

It's not fair.

I sometimes entertain myself by looking at the few 1 and 2 star reviews for places that have near 5 star averages. Sometimes what's written is petty or ridiculous. Things like my stay totally ruined because there was a coat hangar missing. You wonder are these people morons or malicious.

By *till gameMan
14 weeks ago

two doors down

I personally wouldn’t expect it, I bet many hotel stay are to celebrate something, would become very expensive for the hotel to include gifts for free.

And we all know nothing is truly free, the cost eventually will get added on to the price of a room

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I was looking at reviews earlier. People are marking hotels down because they don't give them wine and chocolates on their birthday.

We've been pleasantly surprised to receive them when we've returned to an hotel for a second time but don't expect it and wouldn't mark them down if they didn't do it.

I read trip advisor reviews before going to amble around India some years ago …… someone gave one of the places I was staying in a one star review because the tv only showed Indian language programmes???? "

By *ealitybitesMan
14 weeks ago

Belfast

I was in a Spanish hotel last year where a customer accused a member of staff of taking items of clothes from her room.

The staff member was the owners daughter and as such words were exchanged.

The items were then found hanging in the drying room where she had left them but she refused to apologise, left during the night and then wrote a scathing review advising people to never use the hotel.

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"It's not fair.

I sometimes entertain myself by looking at the few 1 and 2 star reviews for places that have near 5 star averages. Sometimes what's written is petty or ridiculous. Things like my stay totally ruined because there was a coat hangar missing. You wonder are these people morons or malicious."

A combination of the two I reckon.

We stayed somewhere recently where the usp was it's quiet location. A number of reviews complained that it was in a quiet location

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I personally wouldn’t expect it, I bet many hotel stay are to celebrate something, would become very expensive for the hotel to include gifts for free.

And we all know nothing is truly free, the cost eventually will get added on to the price of a room "

Exactly!

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I was in a Spanish hotel last year where a customer accused a member of staff of taking items of clothes from her room.

The staff member was the owners daughter and as such words were exchanged.

The items were then found hanging in the drying room where she had left them but she refused to apologise, left during the night and then wrote a scathing review advising people to never use the hotel. "

. Incredible!

By *inkShyWoman
14 weeks ago

near Windsor

Unless it's listed as an amenity then you shouldn't expect it nor rate them down for not providing it.

A hotel in Memphis gave you a warm cookie on check in and it was weirdly never mentioned in reviews!

By *aomilatteCouple
14 weeks ago

Midlands

We'll read about 50+ reviews for a hotel to get an good idea what it's like, there's generally a few bad.

As a (real) example...

"I asked for sea view but didn't get it".... (the hotel isn't by the sea )

By *rimson_RoseWoman
14 weeks ago

Tamworth

I always filter the 1 and 2 star reviews to see why - so many people who mark didn’t because they were trouble makers and were dealt with or they weren’t given free stuff or because no one bowed down in reception and thanked them profusely for their business

By *eroLondonMan
14 weeks ago

Mayfair

At The Churchill Suite in Claridges... •everything• is included. It even comes with a view.

By *ommy trucker1Man
14 weeks ago

south wales

Depends what I'm booking the hotel for ? I used to travel the country and stay in hotels 4/5 times a week so didn't really have a choice but to take what was booked. I did have quite a few dodgy hotels all over the place. I sure did let the office know not too rebook it and then left a bad review. However, if I booked a hotel for fun and frolics so to speak I'd want to make sure it had all I wanted.

By *ommy trucker1Man
14 weeks ago

south wales

Depends what I'm booking the hotel for ? I used to travel the country and stay in hotels 4/5 times a week so didn't really have a choice but to take what was booked. I did have quite a few dodgy hotels all over the place. I sure did let the office know not too rebook it and then left a bad review. However, if I booked a hotel for fun and frolics so to speak I'd want to make sure it had all I wanted.

By *ommy trucker1Man
14 weeks ago

south wales

By *ommy trucker1Man
14 weeks ago

south wales

By *ommy trucker1Man
14 weeks ago

south wales

By *midnight-Woman
14 weeks ago

The one time a hotel gave me a bottle of bubbles for my birthday they delivered it mid fucking - we didn't hear the door, so they came in then hastily dropped wine when they realised and ran out

The room was huge and my fuckee at the time didn't even realise

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
14 weeks ago

Coventry

"I always filter the 1 and 2 star reviews to see why - so many people who mark didn’t because they were trouble makers and were dealt with or they weren’t given free stuff or because no one bowed down in reception and thanked them profusely for their business "

Often when you read the content of the 1 or 2 star reviews is quite easy to identify what is a genuine and legitimate beef and what is petty, silly and/or malicious.

By *orny PTMan
14 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Write.. I mean I'm pretty happy if it comes with parking!!

I'm ecstatic if breakfast includes continental and fill English "

and cereal.

By *d4fun73Man
14 weeks ago

Shipley

"Write.. I mean I'm pretty happy if it comes with parking!! "

Finding a hotel with free parking is a bonus these days!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Central

If they tipped better, they may get more

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I'm doing some TripAdvisor reviews tonight now we're back.

I don't feel the need to highlight anything insignificant or minor. Nobody is perfect.

I prefer to read positive reviews because many of the negative ones I've read about places I've stayed or been seem to have been written by someone who never went there, given the disparity between my experience and theirs.

Some people just like to moan about anything and everything......

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"At The Churchill Suite in Claridges... •everything• is included. It even comes with a view."

What is the view of dear Nero? I suspect your motives

By *ad NannaWoman
14 weeks ago

East London

"At The Churchill Suite in Claridges... •everything• is included. It even comes with a view.

What is the view of dear Nero? I suspect your motives "

Paupers, trudging to work in the rain.

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

"The one time a hotel gave me a bottle of bubbles for my birthday they delivered it mid fucking - we didn't hear the door, so they came in then hastily dropped wine when they realised and ran out

The room was huge and my fuckee at the time didn't even realise "

Shocked

By *rimson_RoseWoman
14 weeks ago

Tamworth

"I always filter the 1 and 2 star reviews to see why - so many people who mark didn’t because they were trouble makers and were dealt with or they weren’t given free stuff or because no one bowed down in reception and thanked them profusely for their business

Often when you read the content of the 1 or 2 star reviews is quite easy to identify what is a genuine and legitimate beef and what is petty, silly and/or malicious."

I love it when the business replies

By *illy IdolMan
14 weeks ago

Midlands

"The one time a hotel gave me a bottle of bubbles for my birthday they delivered it mid fucking - we didn't hear the door, so they came in then hastily dropped wine when they realised and ran out

The room was huge and my fuckee at the time didn't even realise "

By *illy IdolMan
14 weeks ago

Midlands

"I always filter the 1 and 2 star reviews to see why - so many people who mark didn’t because they were trouble makers and were dealt with or they weren’t given free stuff or because no one bowed down in reception and thanked them profusely for their business

Often when you read the content of the 1 or 2 star reviews is quite easy to identify what is a genuine and legitimate beef and what is petty, silly and/or malicious.

I love it when the business replies "

The drama is brilliant

By *eroLondonMan
14 weeks ago

Mayfair

"At The Churchill Suite in Claridges... •everything• is included. It even comes with a view.

·

What is the view of dear Nero? I suspect your motives "

It's of the Hastings seafront, sorry, ·promenade·, and the shingles beach.

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

·

It's of the Hastings seafront, sorry, ·promenade·, and the shingles beach. "

A man or indeed woman who is tired of Hastings promenade, he or she is tired of life.

By *weet and SpiceCouple
14 weeks ago

Around the Midlands

I read trip advisor reviews before going to amble around India some years ago …… someone gave one of the places I was staying in a one star review because the tv only showed Indian language programmes???? "

They should count themselves lucky it wasn't cricket 24/7

By *agatoXXXMan
14 weeks ago

Mordor

I mark 'em down if there's no complimentary cheese.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
14 weeks ago

somewhere

I work in a hotel and the things I see on our review site makes me giggle:

Ditch the blue hair and smile

Herbal teas would be nice in the rooms (it's a budget hotel)

No fridge in the room

No water fountain

No wake up call

There are loads more and I do wonder when some of these people write their reviews if they think they are Judith Chalmers lol.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
14 weeks ago

somewhere

And we do little gestures if we know it's a special occasion, we just have to be told about it and we don't always have the budget for it depending on the time you stayed with us.

By *till gameMan
14 weeks ago

two doors down

·

A man or indeed woman who is tired of Hastings promenade, he or she is tired of life.

"

Got my first tattoo just off Hastings promenade

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

·

Got my first tattoo just off Hastings promenade "

No finer location for it.

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman
14 weeks ago

Naughty Lane

We've been pleasantly surprised to receive them when we've returned to an hotel for a second time but don't expect it and wouldn't mark them down if they didn't do it. "

Now that's really ridiculous!!!

By *orny PTMan
14 weeks ago

Peterborough

Some peoples' birthdays are at the most expensive time of the year. You can't choose when you were born.

By *qua vitaeWoman
14 weeks ago

Shropshire/Midlands

It does make me laugh at the absurdity of some of the reviews.

I’ve just come back from a wonderful stay on one of the Greek islands. 3 star hotel, but it was clean, across the road from the beach, friendly and accommodating staff, etc. Wouldn’t hesitate to return.

Had to have a sneaky peek at the reviews after mine. One from the US said they wouldn’t return, as the pool and sea were cold. This during Greece’s average temperature being in mid 30s!

Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"It does make me laugh at the absurdity of some of the reviews.

I’ve just come back from a wonderful stay on one of the Greek islands. 3 star hotel, but it was clean, across the road from the beach, friendly and accommodating staff, etc. Wouldn’t hesitate to return.

Had to have a sneaky peek at the reviews after mine. One from the US said they wouldn’t return, as the pool and sea were cold. This during Greece’s average temperature being in mid 30s! "

Well why can't the government do something about the sea temperature?

Sounds like a lovely holiday. We've been to a few of the Greek islands and always enjoyed ourselves

By *qua vitaeWoman
14 weeks ago

Shropshire/Midlands

How inhospitable of the Greeks.

It was a well earn break from work and first trip to Greece. I can’t wait to go back.

Post new Message to Thread