Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why!!! just Why!!!

Jump to newest

By *ot to giggle OP   Woman
4 days ago

Coventry

................ do people have next day delivery when they are at flipping work!!!!!!!

4 parcels i have been asked to take in for 2 neighbours today Im working from home and each time the door knocks the dogs bark and i have to go and answer!

Delivery drivers see a car and then you become collection point for the hole street! I reckon there's and app - 'knock at hers she'll take it'

i did say no to the last one - I dont speak to 'that' neighbour!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *londesbedbuddyCouple
4 days ago

Dundalk

Take parcel place in the bin, won't be annoyed again

By *eordieJeansCouple
4 days ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You must have decent delivery drivers. Ours just volleys our stuff over the fence.

By *hrek101Man
4 days ago

Herts

Karma will reward you x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

4 days ago

East Sussex

We eventually stopped taking parcels for one particular neighbour because they just didn't answer the door.

By *adboisinghMan
4 days ago

Heathrow Villages

Accept it, and just swing it over the fence later...
"................ do people have next day delivery when they are at flipping work!!!!!!!

4 parcels i have been asked to take in for 2 neighbours today Im working from home and each time the door knocks the dogs bark and i have to go and answer!

Delivery drivers see a car and then you become collection point for the hole street! I reckon there's and app - 'knock at hers she'll take it'

i did say no to the last one - I dont speak to 'that' neighbour! "

By *onkoMan
4 days ago

here and there

Charge them for your time and storage

By *onkoMan
4 days ago

here and there

Or just refuse to take it from the delivery guy

By *odfather returnsMan
4 days ago

Suffolk/Norfolk border

I have an agreement with my 2 nice neighbours that we’d take in parcels should either of us be at work, this works very well for us……. The others can do one

By *issmorganWoman
4 days ago

Calderdale innit

We get this too

My partner works from home, so the drivers always try us.

One neighbour got some massive furniture delivered, then wasn't in for a bit..

A few years ago, when my other half didn't work at home, I put a note on the door when I was on nights, asking people not to knock to try and give us other people's parcels.

I was sick of getting woken up by them banging our door.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
4 days ago

somewhere

Rubik works from home 95% of the time and from time to time we get asked to take stuff in, most of the time we say yes, depends if we are going out or not

By *ot to giggle OP   Woman
4 days ago

Coventry

"Or just refuse to take it from the delivery guy "

yes i have one that, they get very upset

By *kphooeyMan
4 days ago

Finchley

Royal Mail parcels never ring but leave a note saying "Parcel left in your safe place" - whilst an email arrives saying it is left in our secure porch.

Firstly we do not have a porch and secondly, since when does leaving a parcel behind the rear tyre of my car or adjacent to the wheelie bin, or in the green bin, count as a 'safe place'.

By *glyBettyTV/TS
4 days ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

"I reckon there's and app - 'knock at hers she'll take it'"

Actually on Amazon you can leave the drivers specific delivery instructions and one of the options is leave package with a neighbour.

In theory there's nothing stopping anyone from leaving an instruction to leave the package at such-&-such address whether you have the neighbours permission or not

By *allipygousMan
4 days ago

Leicester

"................ do people have next day delivery when they are at flipping work!!!!!!!

i did say no to the last one - I dont speak to 'that' neighbour! "

Sorry, I genuinely don't get why you have to answer your door just because your dogs bark?

By *iss FuegoWoman
4 days ago

Wherever I lay my hat - Albania

What goes around comes around. There may be times when you need your neighbours to take in your stuff. It's not a biggie for me

Post new Message to Thread