Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Portillo Moments

Jump to newest

By *agatoXXX OP   Man
4 days ago

2nd door on the right.

Who do you think will have a Portillo Moment tonight?

Who would you like to see have one? ("All of them" isn't good enough, that's too easy!)

I think Moggy will get booted, and I'd like to see Badenoch humiliated. And lose her seat...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't think Sunak will lose his seat, but I think it's fascinating that the possibility is being raised.

Apparently it's never happened in British history?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
4 days ago

Central

"I don't think Sunak will lose his seat, but I think it's fascinating that the possibility is being raised.

Apparently it's never happened in British history?"

It hasn't... Yet.

I think we should have a public waste section where some of them get dumped and we can throw refuse at them.

Like others, that Mogg abomination and the many who have skirted around a potential leadership bid, would be ideal to see wasted

Unlike Portillo, please - no endless TV coverage

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't think Sunak will lose his seat, but I think it's fascinating that the possibility is being raised.

It hasn't... Yet.

I think we should have a public waste section where some of them get dumped and we can throw refuse at them.

Like others, that Mogg abomination and the many who have skirted around a potential leadership bid, would be ideal to see wasted

Unlike Portillo, please - no endless TV coverage "

It's interesting to me - again looking from an Australian perspective. It's happened twice in Australian history, most recently ousting our second-longest serving Prime Minister (John Howard, 2007).

By *cLovin2Man
4 days ago

Reading

"Who do you think will have a Portillo Moment tonight?

Who would you like to see have one? ("All of them" isn't good enough, that's too easy!)

I think Moggy will get booted, and I'd like to see Badenoch humiliated. And lose her seat...

"

Suella braverman, Priti Patel and Ian Duncan Smith

By *or7Man
4 days ago

Bath

I feel quite honoured that my vote may see Rees Mogg lose his job

By *cott73Man
4 days ago

brighton

Rees Mogg, Shapps, Davies, Badenoch, Braverman....there's so many to choose from. I've got a bottle of fizz tonight ready for each of these epic moments.

But the one I'm most looking to see losing her job is johnny Mercer's wife...

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

I feel quite honoured that my vote may see Rees Mogg lose his job "

My MP is a Labour backbencher with a gigantic majority.

The most exciting thing will be to see if the Tories come third or fourth to the Green Party, but that's not even a new thing for my constituency.

By *lex.and.SexCouple
4 days ago

Bedale

I'll be doing my part. Albeit probably not in the direction that would be approved of.

By *issmorganWoman
4 days ago

Calderdale innit

I hope Cleverly, Hunt and Rees mogg lose theirs, plus Gullis.

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'll be doing my part. Albeit probably not in the direction that would be approved of. "

There's no big conspiracy to stop people from voting the way they want to. Voting as you see fit is a sacred democratic right.

By *lex.and.SexCouple
4 days ago

Bedale

I'll be doing my part. Albeit probably not in the direction that would be approved of.

There's no big conspiracy to stop people from voting the way they want to. Voting as you see fit is a sacred democratic right. "

I didn't say there was...

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

There's no big conspiracy to stop people from voting the way they want to. Voting as you see fit is a sacred democratic right.

I didn't say there was..."

Then what does "not voting in the way that would be approved of" mean?

Who's approving or disapproving?

By *lex.and.SexCouple
4 days ago

Bedale

Who's approving or disapproving? "

Well the polling and general pervasive cultural attitude is that everyone and their nan will be voting Labour or Green and anyone who doesn't has a stain on their character.

Noone is saying there is a conspiracy of any sort, just saying that not every choice is popular

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

Well the polling and general pervasive cultural attitude is that everyone and their nan will be voting Labour or Green and anyone who doesn't has a stain on their character.

Noone is saying there is a conspiracy of any sort, just saying that not every choice is popular "

Disagree and disapprove are different things.

And no, not everything is popular. My own political stances are wildly unpopular here. So what?

By *d4fun73Man
4 days ago

Shipley

What about Truss!!! Let's hope she goes

By *lex.and.SexCouple
4 days ago

Bedale

Noone is saying there is a conspiracy of any sort, just saying that not every choice is popular

Disagree and disapprove are different things.

And no, not everything is popular. My own political stances are wildly unpopular here. So what?"

Well in answer to your question of so what I would say, nothing.

You're the one fleshing out a throwaway line into something more significant. I think the conversation could probably end there as I'm not sure why you care so much

By *ife NinjaMan
4 days ago

Dunfermline

Penny Maundent would be quite funny, and plausible

By *till gameMan
4 days ago

fox hat

I hope steptoe ( corbyn) losses his

By *agatoXXX OP   Man
4 days ago

2nd door on the right.

I feel quite honoured that my vote may see Rees Mogg lose his job "

If it does, I shall be eternally in your debt.

By *cott73Man
4 days ago

brighton

I feel quite honoured that my vote may see Rees Mogg lose his job

If it does, I shall be eternally in your debt."

Me included. I'll raise a glass to you when he gets binned off.

Post new Message to Thread