Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Help needed

Jump to newest

By *entishGuy55 OP   Man
4 days ago

Gravesend

I'm austic, recently had a preliminary diagnostic, and it explains a lot. I find it hard to communicate and be with strangers, I get very anxious, not the same as being shy.

Anyone will to help me and want to chat, share tips and get me more confidence with strangers?

Genuine request and non sexual.

Thanks in advance.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *onkeynutWoman
4 days ago

somewhere

I can’t help you OP but I hope you find someone that can

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was diagnosed in 2019.

Think about the tactics you use in your day to day life to handle these things. That's mostly your answer. That and some thick skin to handle the fact that things will go wrong. (But the good thing about being an autistic adult, rather than an autistic child, is that you have a lot more freedom to leave situations where you're made to feel uncomfortable or people are being cruel)

By *WINGStars23Couple
4 days ago

Chorley, & East Lanc's

Just an idea.

Look for fuck and go situations with no conversation.

Or dogging.

Could help, you never know.

By *entishGuy55 OP   Man
4 days ago

Gravesend

"Just an idea.

Or dogging.

Could help, you never know."

Do you know of any?

I was referring more general and not from sexual perspective anyway.

By *ML49Man
4 days ago

close by

"I'm austic, recently had a preliminary diagnostic, and it explains a lot. I find it hard to communicate and be with strangers, I get very anxious, not the same as being shy.

Anyone will to help me and want to chat, share tips and get me more confidence with strangers?

Genuine request and non sexual.

Thanks in advance."

Well to be honest,your the one who can help others from what you now know. Use your life's experiences to educate young and older people.

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Just an idea.

Or dogging.

Could help, you never know.

Do you know of any?

I was referring more general and not from sexual perspective anyway. "

My advice above applies.

It's never easy, but it can become easier. And with time you learn more about your limits and triggers.

By *ansoffateMan
4 days ago

Sagittarius A

I'm not autistic, but I can relate I have some similar traits, that being one of them. I don't get particularly shy, I do get overwhelmed by the volume of stimulus. Especially a room with lots of conversations occuring. Then I can't focus on anything in particular and start feeling disorientated. I have ADHD.

As Inaswingdress said, as an adult there's far less situations where people have power over you as an adult than as a child. For me it has been about self-acceptance recognising that other people's negative judgments are often based upon neurotypical standards and expectations. If I am myself then there will be people who just don't appreciate me, being ok with that has helped me significantly.

I know I am an empathetic and compassionate person and the people who get to know me would say the same. But I have some quirks that aren't for everyone. I can get hyperfocused, be forgetful, struggle with organisation, get overwhelmed in certain situations and withdraw. Knowing how it affects me, allows me to articulate it to others, identify my needs and not feel like a failure when that's not good enough for other people. It's part of who I am, not sorry.

Self-awareness and acceptance is the best tip/advice I have to offer.

By *electableicecreamMan
4 days ago

The West

"I'm not autistic, but I can relate I have some similar traits, that being one of them. I don't get particularly shy, I do get overwhelmed by the volume of stimulus. Especially a room with lots of conversations occuring. Then I can't focus on anything in particular and start feeling disorientated. I have ADHD.

As Inaswingdress said, as an adult there's far less situations where people have power over you as an adult than as a child. For me it has been about self-acceptance recognising that other people's negative judgments are often based upon neurotypical standards and expectations. If I am myself then there will be people who just don't appreciate me, being ok with that has helped me significantly.

I know I am an empathetic and compassionate person and the people who get to know me would say the same. But I have some quirks that aren't for everyone. I can get hyperfocused, be forgetful, struggle with organisation, get overwhelmed in certain situations and withdraw. Knowing how it affects me, allows me to articulate it to others, identify my needs and not feel like a failure when that's not good enough for other people. It's part of who I am, not sorry.

Self-awareness and acceptance is the best tip/advice I have to offer. "

I came to write almost exactly this.

This is me.

Knowing where you at is the start of a journey.

By *naswingdressWoman
4 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm not autistic, but I can relate I have some similar traits, that being one of them. I don't get particularly shy, I do get overwhelmed by the volume of stimulus. Especially a room with lots of conversations occuring. Then I can't focus on anything in particular and start feeling disorientated. I have ADHD.

Self-awareness and acceptance is the best tip/advice I have to offer. "

Agreed

Post new Message to Thread