Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meat Attacks

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
4 days ago

Chelmsford

Is the name given by the Ukrainians to the Russian waves of attacks, day after day, hour after hour where the Russian strategy is only to overwhelm with sheer numbers and identify Ukraine firing positions. The Russians are literally fighting for each inch of land with no fear of losses of human life of their own sides, even forcing the injured back into meat attacks. Estimates of 1,200 dead or injured Russians. These are WW1 tactics and for what?

But we warned Peoples. This is slowly heading out way .....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
4 days ago

Chichester

Russia has always employed meat grinder tactics in many conflicts Attrition is a thing

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS
4 days ago

Bodmin

It's only sustainable for so long tho - Russia has already pretty much lost a generation of men - as a colleague of mine quipped - they'll be lots of available women over there in the next few years....

The yanks weapons will start arriving in massive numbers soon, there's a feeling that the tide will turn shortly...

Just worried what Putin could do if he ends up with his back against wall.

By *odgerMooreMan
4 days ago

Carlisle

"It's only sustainable for so long tho - Russia has already pretty much lost a generation of men - as a colleague of mine quipped - they'll be lots of available women over there in the next few years....

The yanks weapons will start arriving in massive numbers soon, there's a feeling that the tide will turn shortly...

Just worried what Putin could do if he ends up with his back against wall."

Hopefully being shot by his own generals for the atrocities he has inflicted with his illegal war. Maybe then the real Russian people who love peace and want a relationship with the rest of the world will get their time.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
4 days ago

Chichester

"It's only sustainable for so long tho - Russia has already pretty much lost a generation of men - as a colleague of mine quipped - they'll be lots of available women over there in the next few years....

Once president Trump is in , I would expect support from USA to stop immediately ..

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
4 days ago

St Leonards

You're Putin us on here Tom.

Or should I say....Tomski...deep cover FSB???

By *unter_6969Man
4 days ago

Beverley

Quantity has its own quality!

By *elboy1957Man
4 days ago

Weston-super-Mare

"Is the name given by the Ukrainians to the Russian waves of attacks, day after day, hour after hour where the Russian strategy is only to overwhelm with sheer numbers and identify Ukraine firing positions. The Russians are literally fighting for each inch of land with no fear of losses of human life of their own sides, even forcing the injured back into meat attacks. Estimates of 1,200 dead or injured Russians. These are WW1 tactics and for what?

But we warned Peoples. This is slowly heading out way ..... "

Russia army is well equipped and has some of the most modern equipment in the world, so not sure it's anything like your saying. Try doing some research and not just believe everything on tv. With all the equipment and funds being poured in it would have been over by now if it was like the the first world war?

By *iving Bi a TryMan
2 days ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Whoosh!!!

Gbat

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
2 days ago

Coventry

Short term sustainabile, although Russia has always been good at covering up the cracks, until things unexpectedly just break. Sadly they can can carry on for sometime and then when they can't they can provide a force to hold land, especially with Ukraine struggling to build up the elements for a successful breaking of the lines.

However long term, looking beyond this war Putin has wrecked Russia. It had a per war demographic problem. Now it has seen so much men or working age gone. Hence why we see high wages in Russia and high demand in the job market. Mixed with half a million odd Russian's workers and highly skilled individuals who escaped and probably won't return. Then factor in according to Russia official data the massive spike in working age men classed as disabled and claiming disabled benifit (which we obviously know the reason for this spike even though the Kremlin won't officially link the reason). Then factor in the war economy. So many Russian factory making war materials. Now their products are not funded by consumers, business or created wealth. They are funded directly from the States depleting purse. Worse still this State spending is not being spend on infrastructure or projects to boost the economy or make the lives of Russian's better. Its being spent on replacing war loses which will eventually also go up in smoke. And its really not clear if Russia could recover trade lost anytime soon post war.

Whatever the eventual outcome Putin can not conquer Ukraine, that clear after 2 years. Yet he continues this huge act of self abuse for very little tangible gain (especially vs loss). Putin is a terrible gambler and doesn't know when to through his cards in. This war won't be over tomorrow and the exact outcome is unclear. But the longer the war goes on the slowly (and I mean slowly) untenable his situation becomes. Yet ironically at the same time he may need a constant state of forever war to stay in power because I'm not sure he could survive stopping the war without a victory he could sell to his people. Especially after the price becomes more apparent. So Putin has kept his hand in a duff game so long he's put himself into an unwinnable catch 22. But I am talking in the long run not tomorrow. Things tend to snap out of no where in Russia, so when it happens it'll just happen. Although key signs when Russia feels weak a mixture pushed at the same time of nuclear threats, peace talks, uptick in violence against civil targets and an uptick in social media opps. I would suggest what's going on now indicates behind scenes the Kremlin is feeling the pressure.

Back the meat attacks they will continue and can continue for the foreseeable future. But I don't see this war being won exactly on the battlefield via a break through by either side. I don't see Ukrainian giving in and I see the West becoming more inclined to give enough to keep Ukraine going. What Ukraine is being supported with is a tiny fraction of combined Western Wealth. However Russia with an economy the size of Italy is spending flat out on the war and eating away the war chest it had saved up. So I actually see that with the backing Ukraine gets it actually can simply outlast Russia until Putin becomes untenable and the whole thing collapses and/or the war and defending crimea simply is a cost too much. Although it's hard to say if soon or years a way I suspect that the internal problems mounting up in Russia are far worse than what is perceived.

I wouldn't worry about Putin's back against the wall. All indicatons of nuclear bluff are it's bluff. And these things are whatched closely. There is no evidence of this ever changing or being allowed (remember there are others in the chain). And China has made their position clear on this. But what we do know is the danger of Putin's aggression being unchecked and that if unchecked that leads to a highly more risky nuclear risk. Because Puitn only moves into the space he's afforded. So the greater risk is to give into nuclear black-mail rather than to continue to show resolve. A realisation that has sadly taken so many Western leaders a long time to get their heads around, but more have and are doing so.

Russia can only lose, that's clear although the exact details and extent is still unclear. Sadly many many more will die in the mean time due to Putin's arrogance or possibly real failure to accept the situation and future outcome. What saddens me is this war could have been avoided. Putin only moves in the spaces he sees afforded to him. Like Hilters early campaigns he's been testing the waters in Georgia, in Crimea, in Syria, in the hybrid battle space. We have done little and just concentrate on a comfortable life enjoying the peace dividend rather that addressing the threat. We have been like ostriches with our heads in the sand, I fear by choice of ignorant bliss rather than mistake. This has given Putin the natural calculus that we don't have the resolve to deal with a bigger aggression. Our failure has cost us more in the long run, result in 100,000s of deaths and brought us closer to nuclear war. We failed to learn that the appeasement of aggression only leads down a darker more deadly path.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
2 days ago

bristol/london

Putin will drop a nuke in the ocean and wash the uk away and destroy the shores of most of Europe

Post new Message to Thread