Who's going to play Jenna and Soolin???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *anBerksMan
5 days ago

Berkshire

Is that a question or a statement?

If the former, no.

If the latter, oh no!

Both for the same reason : don’t tarnish the original with a modern retelling. Make a new Sci-Fi programme if you really must!

By *ctionnotwords69 OP   Man
5 days ago

ENFIELD

"Is that a question or a statement?

If the former, no.

If the latter, oh no!

Both for the same reason : don’t tarnish the original with a modern retelling. Make a new Sci-Fi programme if you really must! "

Arguably, it worked for Dr Who.

By *anBerksMan
5 days ago

Berkshire

If the former, no.

If the latter, oh no!

Both for the same reason : don’t tarnish the original with a modern retelling. Make a new Sci-Fi programme if you really must!

Arguably, it worked for Dr Who. "

Initially …

By *lynJMan
5 days ago

Morden

If the former, no.

If the latter, oh no!

Arguably, it worked for Dr Who.

Initially … "

And then Disney got involved

By *ittle. BeaverWoman
5 days ago

Launceston

I think one of my first crushes was on Avon! And I thought Orac was cool. Although looking back it was a big perspex box with wires and fairy lights lol. They'd need to really update...everything! Lol

By *wist my nipplesCouple
5 days ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Ooh, such a good theme tune too.

Mr TMN

By *gent CoulsonMan
5 days ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Keep it as it is a classic Tv show, would only get spoilt

By *ripfillMan
5 days ago

havant

Missed it the first time by - may have been going at the speed of light however so less than a flash it was gone

By *eroLondonMan
5 days ago

Covent Garden

I hope not. Sometimes one cannot reheat a soufflé or replicate perfection. Blake's 7 was absolutely awesome.

By *entBarryUKMan
5 days ago

Ashford

Du derrr de derrr

Dudu du du derr de durrr.

I only watched a few, but it could be remade and would probably be better than the original

By *bboredguyMan
5 days ago

Dundee

I remember a stern woman in pvc in that program or am I confusing it with something else ?

By *entBarryUKMan
5 days ago

Ashford

"I remember a stern woman in pvc in that program or am I confusing it with something else ?"

Your thinking of the Avengers

By *avinaTVTV/TS
5 days ago

Transsexual Transylvania

I've never seen it. It wasn't ever aired in South Africa, and I've never seen a rerun here.

By *andi da ThrushTV/TS
4 days ago

Round the Corner

"I remember a stern woman in pvc in that program or am I confusing it with something else ?"

Servilan!

By *ecky and justCouple
4 days ago

Godalming

"I remember a stern woman in pvc in that program or am I confusing it with something else ?

Servilan! "

Servilan was hot..! Always crushed on her more than the others.

Met Avon (Paul Darrow) once when shopping in Reigate.. He lived there.

By *illiam101000Man
4 days ago

Melton Mowbray

Loved it first time round and saw a lot of episodes on a re run on sky a few years ago. Still fancied Avon. Lol

By *herry delightWoman
4 days ago

Ilfracombe

Only if they remake Buck Rogers in the 25th century as well.

4 days ago

ENFIELD

"Only if they remake Buck Rogers in the 25th century as well. "

Biddy biddy biddy....hey, Buckkkk!!

By *cotsguyyMan
4 days ago

Belfast

"Only if they remake Buck Rogers in the 25th century as well.

Biddy biddy biddy....hey, Buckkkk!! "

Still makes me laugh to think that was Bugs Bunny

By *avinaTVTV/TS
4 days ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"Only if they remake Buck Rogers in the 25th century as well. "

...aaaand I only got to see this dubbed into Afrikaans as well. They seemed to have a tendency to do this with sci-fi shows in South Africa in the 70s. Thank God at least Star Trek was left in English when they finally aired it in the early 80s. Battlestar Galactica, too, now that I think about it.

By *WINGStars23Couple
4 days ago

Chorley, & East Lanc's

Always thought servalan was sexy when I was a kid.

By *andyel73Man
4 days ago

Leyland

Has to be working a remake would love to see Robert Glenister as Avon

By *avinaTVTV/TS
4 days ago

Transsexual Transylvania

...aaaand I only got to see this dubbed into Afrikaans as well. They seemed to have a tendency to do this with sci-fi shows in South Africa in the 70s. Thank God at least Star Trek was left in English when they finally aired it in the early 80s. Battlestar Galactica, too, now that I think about it."

I don't know how I would have coped with "Kaptein Kirk en Meneer Spock op die Ruimteskip Enterprise van die Verenigde Federasie van Planete"

By *avinaTVTV/TS
4 days ago

Transsexual Transylvania

There's so much sci-fi love for Blake's 7 that I have to catch it sometime.

By *cotsguyyMan
4 days ago

Belfast

...aaaand I only got to see this dubbed into Afrikaans as well. They seemed to have a tendency to do this with sci-fi shows in South Africa in the 70s. Thank God at least Star Trek was left in English when they finally aired it in the early 80s. Battlestar Galactica, too, now that I think about it."

I wonder if you still got the classic line from Twiki "I'm freezing my ball-bearings off!".

By *avinaTVTV/TS
4 days ago

Transsexual Transylvania

...aaaand I only got to see this dubbed into Afrikaans as well. They seemed to have a tendency to do this with sci-fi shows in South Africa in the 70s. Thank God at least Star Trek was left in English when they finally aired it in the early 80s. Battlestar Galactica, too, now that I think about it.

I wonder if you still got the classic line from Twiki "I'm freezing my ball-bearings off!". "

I do remember that for years people paraphrased Twiki by saying, "bidi bidi bidi - dis 'n fok-op" when things went wrong

By *enSiskoMan
4 days ago

Cestus 3

I never saw Blakes 7 I wasn't really in to si-fi at that age, there is a lot of love for it though.

As for a remake Battlestar was the only remake that was good in my opinion, I saw the Quantum Leap remake and no ho no, and at this time with this woke agenda I think Blake's 7 would become Belinda's 7.

Maybe after this woke phase has passed.

As a footnote where can I find it to watch.

By *cotsguyyMan
4 days ago

Belfast

I haven't seen it either, I would catch the odd episode as a kid but I didn't really know what was going on.

Would those who watches it recommend watching it now? Has it aged well at all?

By *ulfilthmentMan
4 days ago

Just around the corner

I loved it as a kid. Having seen a couple of episodes recently, the sets are far wobblier than I remembered, but the acting is top notch.

By *atchmoMan
4 days ago

Upminster

There's been a few attempts at getting funding and interest in revamping Blakes 7.

If they did manage it I would hope they would make it darker, and give it a budget at least equivalent to the Dr Who remake.

Alternatively, make attempts at newer sci fi adaptations in a similar fashion to Altered Carbon (absolutely spot on with the first series).

There's plenty of authors to chose from, whether they want short stories or full blown space opera.

I'd love to see Peter F. Hamilton's work serialised, but that'll never happen.

4 days ago

ENFIELD

"There's been a few attempts at getting funding and interest in revamping Blakes 7.

If they did manage it I would hope they would make it darker, and give it a budget at least equivalent to the Dr Who remake.

Alternatively, make attempts at newer sci fi adaptations in a similar fashion to Altered Carbon (absolutely spot on with the first series).

There's plenty of authors to chose from, whether they want short stories or full blown space opera.

"

Hopefully the production of Westworld Season 5 gets the green light

By *avinaTVTV/TS
4 days ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"There's been a few attempts at getting funding and interest in revamping Blakes 7.

Hopefully the production of Westworld Season 5 gets the green light "

Oooh, god forbid! What a car crash after season 2.

By *enSiskoMan
4 days ago

Cestus 3

Hopefully the production of Westworld Season 5 gets the green light "

I think westward came to its conclusion but I would watch if there were more.

By *os19Man
4 days ago

Edmonton

The actress that played Soolin Glynis Barber is still alive and about 5-10 years ago was in Eastenders playing the mother of Roni & Roxy Mitchell mother.If I remember correctly they all were killed in Blake's 7 although we don’t see Avon been killed

4 days ago

ENFIELD

Hopefully the production of Westworld Season 5 gets the green light

Oooh, god forbid! What a car crash after season 2."

Yes, S3 was a bit of a mess. But the ending of S4 would warrant a new series.

By *rgasmatron1970Man
4 days ago

Bromley

Please don't ruin an original

3 days ago

ENFIELD

Bump

By *partharmonyCouple
3 days ago

Ruislip

I'm surprised it hasn't been remade. It's a good premise. The original was so cheesy and low-budge it should be good if you get good writers.

By *entlemanFoxMan
3 days ago

North East / London

"I'm surprised it hasn't been remade. It's a good premise. The original was so cheesy and low-budge it should be good if you get good writers. "

Actually, I think the premise and story lines were quite engaging, so writers wouldn’t be where I spent the money but raising the production values

By *qua vitaeWoman
2 days ago

Shropshire/Midlands

I watched this first time round and loved it. Didn’t notice the wobbly sets and plots holes, but it was good fun. Was sad when it ended. Before Paul Darrow died, he was trying to reboot the series or have a movie made.

Since we didn’t actually see them all get killed in the last episode, left it open for a continuation. However, I think it’s been too long now and won’t have the same feel. It will be just another rebooting of the 80s shows being done.

By *or-QueeningMan
2 days ago

Manchester

Don't know if it's of interest that there's a company called Big Finish who mostly do Dr Who audio dramas with the cast of the classic series, but have also done (and are still doing) loads of Blakes' 7 audios as well with original cast members?

By *ortySwitchMan
2 days ago

London

If the former, no.

If the latter, oh no!

Both for the same reason : don’t tarnish the original with a modern retelling. Make a new Sci-Fi programme if you really must! "

Blake’s….8!

Post new Message to Thread