Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fake profiles

Jump to newest

By *ete_ghm OP   Man
5 days ago

rochford

Over the years, the odd profile has popped up when I suddenly get an enthusiastic email wanting to meet. Disappointing as they are, some have been quite fun! I have become pretty good at spotting them quickly and I sometimes enjoyed a bit of banter to string them along and see what excuse comes up when I fix up a meet!

I have had 2 in the last week or so. One is obvious but another less so. Maybe one day, some will turn out to be the perfect match, I live in hope!

How do you feel about these fakes? Can we / should we report our suspicions?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
5 days ago

Covent Garden

I've been here over 3½ years and not once encountered a fake profile. I sometimes wonder what on earth transpires with other people on here who seem to get caught out by these apparitions.

Reply privately

By *assing Fancies xCouple
5 days ago

Sherwood Forest

After 5 years + on here we've only ever had a few fakes actually get in touch. Normally they are just after more private pics or dirty chat neither of which we do on here anyway so the block button Normally gets hit straight after we've read the message

Reply privately

By *oyoteUglyWoman
5 days ago

somewhere

The only fake profile I've ever come across is the only one that was exactly my type. Go figure.

Reply privately

By *hrobbinHood87Man
5 days ago

norwich

Don’t think I’ve had any encounters with Fakes but they’re always going to be about regardless.

I feel sorry for them more than anything.

Reply privately

By *r John WickMan
5 days ago

The Continental

Fakes…..please mail me. I’m getting FOMO!

Reply privately

By *issmorganWoman
5 days ago

Calderdale innit

I've had profiles using other peoples pics, that you can find on the interweb.

I've payed along with some for my own amusement, but I do report them.

Reply privately

By *issTightPantsWoman
5 days ago

the cockpit of the serenity. sky is home

"Over the years, the odd profile has popped up when I suddenly get an enthusiastic email wanting to meet. Disappointing as they are, some have been quite fun! I have become pretty good at spotting them quickly and I sometimes enjoyed a bit of banter to string them along and see what excuse comes up when I fix up a meet!

I have had 2 in the last week or so. One is obvious but another less so. Maybe one day, some will turn out to be the perfect match, I live in hope!

How do you feel about these fakes? Can we / should we report our suspicions?"

Its encouraged by mods and admin to report

Reply privately

By *umagain58Man
5 days ago

London

Yes sadly had it and got invited to meets. No one there or hub there but wife “unwell” so can’t make it. Don’t get it. Mind you vast majority genuine and lots of lovely people. Just be honest on what like or not and on meets. Simple for enjoyment of all

Reply privately

By *aizyWoman
5 days ago

west midlands

"I've had profiles using other peoples pics, that you can find on the interweb.

I've payed along with some for my own amusement, but I do report them. "

I checked someones pics on tineye once, turned out he was using a gay Swiss body builders pics, upside is, I now follow a ridiculously good looking gay Swiss body builder on twitter!

Reply privately

By *lowupdollTV/TS
5 days ago

S. Herts

I checked someones pics on tineye once, turned out he was using a gay Swiss body builders pics, upside is, I now follow a ridiculously good looking gay Swiss body builder on twitter!"

Finally a use for twitter

Reply privately

By *aizyWoman
5 days ago

west midlands

I checked someones pics on tineye once, turned out he was using a gay Swiss body builders pics, upside is, I now follow a ridiculously good looking gay Swiss body builder on twitter!

Finally a use for twitter "

Tbh, he is the only reason I stay on there, he posts pics almost daily!

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
5 days ago

Encounters with fakes?

An encounter with anyone would be nice

Reply privately

By *anJenny 181Couple
5 days ago

Preston

I guess many people come onto these apps to get some kind of sexting or sexual gratification from the safety of their keyboard, a cheeky fantasy & who can blame anyone for that bit of escapism, they might never intend to meet up with anyone, but if it's for that bit of a thrill then no one is getting hurt.

It's when they cause issues or not turn up to meet that you really start to question things

It costs money to travel & are they watching you from afar, are they predictors etc

Fortunately we are a couple so we have some safety in numbers

Fab does not but needs to have some kind of profile rating that can't be hidden.

Stay safe and pick profiles with a good few veryfications

Reply privately

By *issmorganWoman
5 days ago

Calderdale innit

I checked someones pics on tineye once, turned out he was using a gay Swiss body builders pics, upside is, I now follow a ridiculously good looking gay Swiss body builder on twitter!"

Win win

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
5 days ago

"I guess many people come onto these apps to get some kind of sexting or sexual gratification from the safety of their keyboard, a cheeky fantasy & who can blame anyone for that bit of escapism, they might never intend to meet up with anyone, but if it's for that bit of a thrill then no one is getting hurt.

It's when they cause issues or not turn up to meet that you really start to question things

It costs money to travel & are they watching you from afar, are they predictors etc

Fortunately we are a couple so we have some safety in numbers

Fab does not but needs to have some kind of profile rating that can't be hidden.

Stay safe and pick profiles with a good few veryfications

"

I agree. It gives decent folk a bad name and genuine people are up against it, I fear

I mean, I have no veris - not really sure how to attain them, but it seems Hella difficult to arrange a meet without one.

So how do I get verified to show I'm a genuine bloke?

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
5 days ago

Belfast

8 years in and still haven't engaged with a fake profile. I'm not invested enough to start playing games so I just avoid them completely.

Reply privately

By *agatoXXXMan
4 days ago

2nd door on the right.

I think my profile might be fake, but I'm not sure...

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

4 days ago

East Sussex

You can and should report profiles that are pretending to be someone they're not.

We've been contacted by men claiming to be a couple but that's about the limit of fakery we've experienced

Reply privately

By *r John WickMan
4 days ago

The Continental

"You can and should report profiles that are pretending to be someone they're not.

We've been contacted by men claiming to be a couple but that's about the limit of fakery we've experienced "

This is not criticism, it’s a genuine question, so don’t send me on holiday.

But realistically what’s the point of reporting?

Profiles get deleted, only for the same person to set up a new one, or even multiple fake accounts. Just this morning, I’ve seen the same ‘Insta’ girl setup 3 profiles within hours, all gone, and she’ll be back again later or tomorrow.

Reply privately

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
4 days ago

kent

A few people have hinted that Ailsa is fake. It’s quite amusing

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
4 days ago

Covent Garden

"A few people have hinted that Ailsa is fake. It’s quite amusing "

But she is rather fit and less counterfeit.

Reply privately

By *r John WickMan
4 days ago

The Continental

"A few people have hinted that Ailsa is fake. It’s quite amusing

But she is rather fit and less counterfeit."

Oh you’re goooood. Smooth talking bar steward.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

4 days ago

East Sussex

"You can and should report profiles that are pretending to be someone they're not.

We've been contacted by men claiming to be a couple but that's about the limit of fakery we've experienced

This is not criticism, it’s a genuine question, so don’t send me on holiday.

But realistically what’s the point of reporting?

Profiles get deleted, only for the same person to set up a new one, or even multiple fake accounts. Just this morning, I’ve seen the same ‘Insta’ girl setup 3 profiles within hours, all gone, and she’ll be back again later or tomorrow. "

Maybe Fred purporting to be Freda or Freda and Fred will be put off though.b

Reply privately

By *WINGStars23Couple
4 days ago

Chorley, & East Lanc's

We can't see what pleasure anyone gets out of making fake profiles, surely a real profile and meets would be so much more of a thrill.

Reply privately

By *aomilatteCouple
4 days ago

Midlands

"We can't see what pleasure anyone gets out of making fake profiles, surely a real profile and meets would be so much more of a thrill."

They're lonely people who have little chance of getting a real meet. They get a thrill out of receiving messages from people who may be a bit gullible in thinking it's a genuine profile.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

4 days ago

East Sussex

"We can't see what pleasure anyone gets out of making fake profiles, surely a real profile and meets would be so much more of a thrill."

You can be someone else for a while.

No no is going to exchange sexy 'what would you do to me?' chat with 50 year old Dave from Essex unless he's pretending to be 25 year old Davina from London

Reply privately

By *luehairedcumslutCouple
4 days ago

St Neots

"We can't see what pleasure anyone gets out of making fake profiles, surely a real profile and meets would be so much more of a thrill.

No no is going to exchange sexy 'what would you do to me?' chat with 50 year old Dave from Essex unless he's pretending to be 25 year old Davina from London"

And if someone believes there's a 25 year old called Davina, they deserve to get the wool pulled over

Reply privately

By *avinaTVTV/TS
4 days ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"We can't see what pleasure anyone gets out of making fake profiles, surely a real profile and meets would be so much more of a thrill.

No no is going to exchange sexy 'what would you do to me?' chat with 50 year old Dave from Essex unless he's pretending to be 25 year old Davina from London

And if someone believes there's a 25 year old called Davina, they deserve to get the wool pulled over "

Oi!

Oi!!!

Reply privately

By *avinaTVTV/TS
4 days ago

Transsexual Transylvania

I never said I was 25! Or from London!!

Reply privately

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
4 days ago

Glasgow

I think ‘fake’ means different things to different people around here.

To some ‘fake’ means pretending to be someone they’re not.

To some it means pretending to be a couple when you’re just one person.

To some it means pretending to be single when you’re married or attached.

To some it means pretending to look differerent to how they really do. Or to be a different age.

To some it means pretending to want to meet and then not going through with it.

All these different meanings can make threads like this meander around without any conclusions.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
4 days ago

Central

Wank fodder or $ typically

I don't get them

Reply privately