Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

End of holiday blues

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
13 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Ye gads!

Ok so first world problems and all that but that awful feeling when your holiday is ending, last night tonight and we are both feeling a tad emotional

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eliWoman
13 weeks ago

You should really talk to Obi, you're both suffering from the same awful affliction.

13 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"You should really talk to Obi, you're both suffering from the same awful affliction. "

I've just seen the other thread.

It's 33 degrees where we are and doesn't drop below 28 at night.

Isn't it like minus 5 back home or something?

By (user no longer on site)
13 weeks ago

"You should really talk to Obi, you're both suffering from the same awful affliction.

Isn't it like minus 5 back home or something? "

It's like being in the blood arctic here, wet too and no doubt Hurricane Beryl will be here in a minute (though I am sure Michael Fish will tell us nothing to worry about).

13 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"You should really talk to Obi, you're both suffering from the same awful affliction.

It's like being in the blood arctic here, wet too and no doubt Hurricane Beryl will be here in a minute (though I am sure Michael Fish will tell us nothing to worry about)."

Not helping

13 weeks ago

It's like being in the blood arctic here, wet too and no doubt Hurricane Beryl will be here in a minute (though I am sure Michael Fish will tell us nothing to worry about).

Not helping "

Oh, but the joy that you will see the day after you arrive back - a new labour govt, the sun will come out, the birds will start singing, and all will be right with the world

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

13 weeks ago

East Sussex

Book another holiday. That is the only answer

13 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 03/07/24 16:52:19]

13 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"Book another holiday. That is the only answer"

Already on it

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

13 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Book another holiday. That is the only answer

Already on it "

You know it makes sense!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

13 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Book another holiday. That is the only answer

Already on it "

And this is what I've been browsing the last hour or so whilst I still have hotel wi-fi.

Egypt in December/January is looking mighty attractive........

13 weeks ago

I would be crying if someone told me I had to go on holiday to somewhere where it was 30degrees+.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

13 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I would be crying if someone told me I had to go on holiday to somewhere where it was 30degrees+.

"

Endless free rum though.

And lots of bearded barmen.

13 weeks ago

"I would be crying if someone told me I had to go on holiday to somewhere where it was 30degrees+.

Endless free rum though.

And lots of bearded barmen. "

Still not worth it

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
13 weeks ago

somewhere

I can openly admit this, when Rubik and I was in the taxi back to the airport in may I was holding back tears because I didn't want us to go home.

Although we did soften the blow a little and rebooked to go back before we even left the hotel for next year (despite saying to each other, we will wait more than an hour of getting back home and booking another holiday like we did last year, we didn't even make it to the plan before we booked lol).

By *a LunaWoman
13 weeks ago

South

"Book another holiday. That is the only answer"

I came here to say this. Decorate your front room with Tui brochures and get planning!

13 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Well we are still looking for another destination.

Shamefully finding a resort that hasn't been taken over by d*unken idiots Brit's mainly is a struggle, there's currently a campaign in many countries to ban Brits and encourage classier tourists who can respect the place they are visiting and the other guests and residents.

A recent news report of a d*unken Brit pissing on the floor of a plane during take off while still in UK is a prime example of this animalistic behaviour.

I think British airports should stop encouraging the drinking culture and stop serving alcohol.

I can't imagine many airports worldwide that are actively allowing large groups of people to drink excessively before flying.

When we flew out last week 3 am Gatwick south people buying trays of pints and shots!!

Anyway so we are trying to find a Greek island free from nightclubs, Irish bars, English pub's horde's of chavs with the entitled " it's my fucking holiday I'll do wot the fuck I want" attitude.

13 weeks ago

British on package holidays put me off hols in the Med when my kids were young (d*unken, chavvy, sun burnt, loud, pushy, rude), though I must admit now Russians on holiday are my big dislike!

13 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"British on package holidays put me off hols in the Med when my kids were young (d*unken, chavvy, sun burnt, loud, pushy, rude), though I must admit now Russians on holiday are my big dislike!"

Yes rather than loud they are just plain rude.

By *endalshaggersCouple
13 weeks ago

Kendal

Got back yesterday from Bulgaria. Whilst I do not miss the heat (it was too hot for me) it'd be very handy today to get all the laundry done!

Nothing worse than how we did it which is a late night flight back so you've literally got all day of "hanging around" when you're in that mindset then of "I want to get home"

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

13 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Well we are still looking for another destination.

Shamefully finding a resort that hasn't been taken over by d*unken idiots Brit's mainly is a struggle, there's currently a campaign in many countries to ban Brits and encourage classier tourists who can respect the place they are visiting and the other guests and residents.

A recent news report of a d*unken Brit pissing on the floor of a plane during take off while still in UK is a prime example of this animalistic behaviour.

I think British airports should stop encouraging the drinking culture and stop serving alcohol.

I can't imagine many airports worldwide that are actively allowing large groups of people to drink excessively before flying.

When we flew out last week 3 am Gatwick south people buying trays of pints and shots!!

Anyway so we are trying to find a Greek island free from nightclubs, Irish bars, English pub's horde's of chavs with the entitled " it's my fucking holiday I'll do wot the fuck I want" attitude.

"

You miggt need to go to the quieter resorts for that. This also means that there's less to do which if you're like us is fine.

Some parts of Crete are quite quiet.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

13 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Got back yesterday from Bulgaria. Whilst I do not miss the heat (it was too hot for me) it'd be very handy today to get all the laundry done!

Nothing worse than how we did it which is a late night flight back so you've literally got all day of "hanging around" when you're in that mindset then of "I want to get home""

We try and choose morning flights for that reason. It means an early start though and while that's great going out our last holiday we were picked up at 6:30 for the return flight. That was a huge struggle

Post new Message to Thread