Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hot and Cold

Jump to newest

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

Why do some people act hot and cold, and how do you deal with it?

Are you someone who is hot and cold?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lowupdollTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Herts

Doesn’t that make them warm?

By *arlot o scaraWoman
14 weeks ago

Hell

"Why do some people act hot and cold, and how do you deal with it?

Are you someone who is hot and cold?"

Hot and cold is small willy energy

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple
14 weeks ago

manchester

Get a fan and coat ready

By *lowupdollTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Herts

If someone is doing that deliberately it’s manipulative behaviour. But people can come across hot n cold without intending to.

By *luehairedcumslutCouple
14 weeks ago

St Neots

Sometimes they have their reasons. But sometimes they're just too much like hard work imo and I can't be arsed with wasting time on them

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

Get a fan and coat ready "

This is why you should wear thin layers

By *parkle1974Woman
14 weeks ago

Leeds

I distance myself from them x

By *aizyWoman
14 weeks ago

west midlands

I'm tepid at best.

I don't know why people are hot and cold, could just be they have something going on in their life so they are not as attentive as before could be they just enjoy messing with people, I do chat to someone on here who is like this, been chatting on and off for a couple of years, it amuses me to see which version I'm going to get with him, once I'm bored with it I'll block him.

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

"I'm tepid at best.

I don't know why people are hot and cold, could just be they have something going on in their life so they are not as attentive as before could be they just enjoy messing with people, I do chat to someone on here who is like this, been chatting on and off for a couple of years, it amuses me to see which version I'm going to get with him, once I'm bored with it I'll block him."

Until you said a couple of years my ears were burning

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

On here, I don’t give them the time of day.

Move right along.

Delete them from friends.

Block them.

By *aizyWoman
14 weeks ago

west midlands

"I'm tepid at best.

I don't know why people are hot and cold, could just be they have something going on in their life so they are not as attentive as before could be they just enjoy messing with people, I do chat to someone on here who is like this, been chatting on and off for a couple of years, it amuses me to see which version I'm going to get with him, once I'm bored with it I'll block him.

Until you said a couple of years my ears were burning "

On no Willy, you ain't got nothing on him! Only one version of you

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

"On here, I don’t give them the time of day.

Move right along.

Delete them from friends.

Block them.

"

It's 12:07 if she's ^ blocked you

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

"I'm tepid at best.

On no Willy, you ain't got nothing on him! Only one version of you "

Knobhead?

By *aizyWoman
14 weeks ago

west midlands

"I'm tepid at best.

On no Willy, you ain't got nothing on him! Only one version of you

Knobhead? "

By *eyond PurityCouple
14 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

We have had someone who has done this.

Stopped messaging us often and just sent a ‘plate spinning’ message now and again.

It’s fine if peoples lives get busy and they let you know but when they visit FAB often but don’t reply to your message, it’s very clear that you’re not top of their thoughts.

People will always make time for the people they are interested/keen on.

We just delete the chat if people don’t respond - no point keeping it open.

K

By *igR93Man
14 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

Move on to the next..

By *oo..Woman
14 weeks ago

Boo's World

I don't believe there is an excuse for being like this towards anyone either in "real" life or on fab..

It literally takes seconds to check in on anyone that means something to you, less time than it takes to make a cuppa!

No excuse for it in my books and when people do it far too often then it starts to affect the other person and they end up with no choice but to walk away usually blaming themselves for it all to save their own sanity.

Shit communication -shit person

By *d mirerMan
14 weeks ago

lost

"I don't believe there is an excuse for being like this towards anyone either in "real" life or on fab..

It literally takes seconds to check in on anyone that means something to you, less time than it takes to make a cuppa!

No excuse for it in my books and when people do it far too often then it starts to affect the other person and they end up with no choice but to walk away usually blaming themselves for it all to save their own sanity.

Shit communication -shit person "

By *ittlebirdWoman
14 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

I’m definitely not. But I have had relationships with people who are. I would describe them as passive aggressive people. Not my kind of people

By *igR93Man
14 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

"I don't believe there is an excuse for being like this towards anyone either in "real" life or on fab..

In a day and age where people are constantly holding their phone the “sorry I haven’t been on my phone” excuse doesn’t work with me

By *assing Fancies xCouple
14 weeks ago

Sherwood Forest

We take a step back and leave them to it... can't be doing with getting involved with people like that

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
14 weeks ago

somewhere

"If someone is doing that deliberately it’s manipulative behaviour. But people can come across hot n cold without intending to. "

I agree with this, I was with someone who was hot hot hot until he got what he wanted and then bloody freezing after

By *oo..Woman
14 weeks ago

Boo's World

In a day and age where people are constantly holding their phone the “sorry I haven’t been on my phone” excuse doesn’t work with me"

Exactly this , most apps show you as well when people were last online or reading comments too.

14 weeks ago

St Neots

I think I can be hot and cold sometimes... Not in a rude arrogant way. But when life is feeling particularly hard, I do struggle to talk to people in general

By *glyBettyTV/TS
14 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

Maybe I'm not understanding what "hot and cold" means in a fabswingers context.

I take it to mean frequently swaying from one mood extreme to the other in the way you deal with people.

But some here are suggesting it's about how quickly and enthusiastically people respond to their online messages..

By *ittlebirdWoman
14 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"I think I can be hot and cold sometimes... Not in a rude arrogant way. But when life is feeling particularly hard, I do struggle to talk to people in general"

That isn’t being hot and cold. That’s just being human

14 weeks ago

St Neots

"I think I can be hot and cold sometimes... Not in a rude arrogant way. But when life is feeling particularly hard, I do struggle to talk to people in general

That isn’t being hot and cold. That’s just being human "

xx

By *rispyDuckMan
14 weeks ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

I ignore them

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
14 weeks ago

Glasgow

I worry sometimes about the way that how quickly/often you talk with someone has become a measure of how much you care about them.

I think it’s one of the really negative things about smartphones. An unintentional side effect of them.

I mean … some of the most important people in my life I only speak with once a month, or less. That doesn’t diminish my love for them.

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

"I worry sometimes about the way that how quickly/often you talk with someone has become a measure of how much you care about them.

I think it’s one of the really negative things about smartphones. An unintentional side effect of them.

I mean … some of the most important people in my life I only speak with once a month, or less. That doesn’t diminish my love for them."

I agree but there's a difference in someone being hot and cold and someone who is infrequent in catching up.

By *asty tatsyMan
14 weeks ago

london

I thought this was gonna be a plumbing thread

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

If I haven't met someone and I'm getting vibes that they are just looking for distraction or attention I move on pretty quickly. Easy come easy go

If I've met someone new and it's fresh and exciting I'm definitely going to be more engaged and then it settles into a rhythm that suits both.

That said I have long lasting connections that don't require a lot of checking in or maintenance. Some I'll chat with a few times a week and others every few months.

If I'm going through a phase where I don't have a lot of bandwidth for messaging I let the people I care about know.

I think the important thing is understanding what your own needs and those of the person your engaging with. If they don't align it's good to question what's up and where your priorities are.

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

I thought this was gonna be a plumbing thread "

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
14 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I agree but there's a difference in someone being hot and cold and someone who is infrequent in catching up."

There is. But I think the latter can be seen as the former. And that can be a cause of real breakdown in relationships/friendships.

By *weetiepie99Woman
14 weeks ago

cardiff

I really think it means they are not that into you, so I really couldn't be arsed with it and would delete/block

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

"I agree but there's a difference in someone being hot and cold and someone who is infrequent in catching up.

There is. But I think the latter can be seen as the former. And that can be a cause of real breakdown in relationships/friendships."

I think you're probably right. This is when it's nice to find someone on a similar wavelength to yourself. I can got weeks or months without communicating with some people and it just clicks back like you chatted yesterday

By *onkeynutWoman
14 weeks ago

somewhere

I’m always cold.

I’m also just rubbish at replying to messages whether it be on here or from friends etc. It doesn’t mean I’m not interested or don’t care I just have a busy life and sometimes don’t have the headspace to reply.

Those that matter will still be there when I eventually do reply, those that don’t, won’t.

By *iddlesticksMan
14 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I’m always cold.

I’m also just rubbish at replying to messages whether it be on here or from friends etc. It doesn’t mean I’m not interested or don’t care I just have a busy life and sometimes don’t have the headspace to reply.

Those that matter will still be there when I eventually do reply, those that don’t, won’t."

You look hot to me.

By *oxy jWoman
14 weeks ago

somerset

hot and cold = theres a reason they do this and could be one of many reasons if i get this i just stop interacting

reasons maybe married maybe unsure maybe booze drugs maybe cock sure of themselves

By *ell GwynnWoman
14 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

"If someone is doing that deliberately it’s manipulative behaviour. But people can come across hot n cold without intending to. "

It's hard to know the difference when you're on the receiving end of it.

I'm a bit of a withdrawer when things get stressful and I really worry that people will be offended if I do so without explanation, so I always try to give a heads-up.

By *carlet SeductionWoman
14 weeks ago

Maidstone

I think I probably come across as hot and cold in my messages. But fab isn't my life. Not my priority so sometimes it means I don't respond. That's not me being cold it just means I don't have the capacity to fab right now. I guess those on my wavelength get that as some I've been chatting to for years without having to be completely full on message wise.

By *eliWoman
14 weeks ago

There's a difference between someone being busy/not having the headspace and blowing hot and cold isn't there? I can be bad at not replying to messages - I do try and warn people that I can go from waffling to nothing and vice versa. Give them a heads up if the conversational frequency requires it.

I call it emotional flip-flopping. I've been quite lenient in the past, I guess I have a tendency to be a bit too soft. When I know it's flip-flopping? I withdraw. Protect myself first. I've blamed myself too often in the past and now I rather selfishly put myself first.

By *allerthanaverage79Man
14 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Get a fan and coat ready "

Central heating and opening a window also works!

By *xmfrvnMan
14 weeks ago

Stoke-on-Trent

In a day and age where people are constantly holding their phone the “sorry I haven’t been on my phone” excuse doesn’t work with me

Exactly this , most apps show you as well when people were last online or reading comments too. "

Still doesn't mean they owe you their time & effort. People have busy lives & limited time & energy, depleted more by constant notifications. It's worth taking a break from time to time. Some things end up taking priority while others slip by. Try not to take it personally.

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman
14 weeks ago

Naughty Lane

Hot and cold is small willy energy "

interesting conclusion!! what if there's no Willie's?

By *allerthanaverage79Man
14 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Hot and cold is small willy energy interesting conclusion!! what if there's no Willie's? "

Small clitoris???

14 weeks ago

I prefer them to be constantly tepid

14 weeks ago

See, I can be quite rubbish at communicating. Does that make me a horrible person?

And the whole it takes seconds thing, maybe, but it also takes space in my head and some days/weeks I just can't deal with anything else in there.

By *cLovin2Man
14 weeks ago

Reading

See, I can be quite rubbish at communicating. Does that make me a horrible person?

And the whole it takes seconds thing, maybe, but it also takes space in my head and some days/weeks I just can't deal with anything else in there.

"

I'm crap at communicating too, I literally forget about people until they contact me. Unless there is a specific objective in mind like sex. I rarely call people.

By *eliWoman
14 weeks ago

"

No, I don't think it does. It can mean you're not compatible with someone if your messaging style doesn't align. And that's fine. It happens.

Sometimes I'm really bad at messaging. Like during my period - because unless I really feel safe/trust a person, I don't have headspace to keep conversation going during that time. Or when I've got a really busy work week and my spoons are depleted. It's easy to post crap on here but 1 to 1 chat is different.

I'd really hope people know I'm not hot/colding them.

By *illy Idol OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

"

I don't think it makes you a horrible person, that's a bit extreme. As you said, it probably makes you a poor communicator though.

I've had people on here message to say they're going to go quite for a bit. They're very direct and it certainly makes it easier

By *eyond PurityCouple
14 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

"We have had someone who has done this.

Stopped messaging us often and just sent a ‘plate spinning’ message now and again.

It’s fine if peoples lives get busy and they let you know but when they visit FAB often but don’t reply to your message, it’s very clear that you’re not top of their thoughts.

People will always make time for the people they are interested/keen on.

We just delete the chat if people don’t respond - no point keeping it open.

K

"

The above is only for people who we are chatting to about meeting or have met.

The heat has been built up or there’s talk of meeting and then you get the slow replies, the hot and cold treatment.

For established friends on here, we wouldn’t care if they took an hour/day/ month to reply - we’d still pick up where we left off - there’s no time limit.

There’s a huge difference between the two.

K

By *ealitybitesMan
14 weeks ago

Belfast

I see myself as being tepid.

Growing up I was always the one making the effort to keep in touch and maintain friendships but it was never reciprocated which is why I don't have a single friend from my youth or teenage years.

I'm not good now however at keeping in touch with family members or most friends partly due to permanent exhaustion and partly because I can't be arsed.

The way I see it though is that they don't make much of an effort to stay in contact with me for their own valid reasons.

On fab I'm not meeting and haven't been for a few years so I'm never going to blow either hot or cold.

14 weeks ago

I don't think it makes you a horrible person, that's a bit extreme. As you said, it probably makes you a poor communicator though.

I've had people on here message to say they're going to go quite for a bit. They're very direct and it certainly makes it easier "

But I don't know if I'm gonna go quiet, it's not something I plan. I have to be in the right head space and if I'm not I just don't reply.

By *ealitybitesMan
14 weeks ago

Belfast

I can't agree with this.

As I said above I am permanently exhausted and don't have the energy to keep in constant touch with people.

I haven't set foot in my siblings homes since before covid, nor they in mine and we can go for weeks without so much as text message and months without a phone call.

The same is true for friends.

As I said in another thread yesterday I have spent the majority of my life from the age of 12 as a carer for various family members and friends.

As a result I am emotionally and physically burned out and if someone is going through difficult times and expects me to be there for them there is a strong possibility they are going to be disappointed.

I can't carry my own load so there is no way I'm going to carry everyone else's. I've been there and done that and now it's my time.

I will never turn anyone away but I won't be initiating those conversations.

Those friends I chat to every day and who make time for me rather than just come looking when they need support will always take priority.

That doesn't make me a shit person

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
14 weeks ago

St Leonards

When they're cold, I imagine doing a big, hot steamer on them.

When they're too hot, I have a lovely pee in my bathroom sink and imagine cooling them down .

14 weeks ago

"

The above is only for people who we are chatting to about meeting or have met.

The heat has been built up or there’s talk of meeting and then you get the slow replies, the hot and cold treatment.

For established friends on here, we wouldn’t care if they took an hour/day/ month to reply - we’d still pick up where we left off - there’s no time limit.

There’s a huge difference between the two.

K"

I agree with this.

An established friend who goes weeks, months or years without communicating but you can instantly catch up as if no time was missed at all isn’t someone I consider hot and cold.

I meant someone whom you’ve expressed a mutual interest in, have built up excitement of a meet and then they go silent. That’s the hot and cold I was referring to. I’m not saying I should be anyone’s only focus but if you’re spending weeks without keeping up with communication, I’ve already lost interest. For me, the build up can be just as exciting as the actual meeting new people.

By *ot to giggleWoman
14 weeks ago

Coventry

my post today !!! someone who was something then decides your worthless to them for no apparent reason. yea i know move on

By *eordieJeansCouple
14 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Another Katy Perry fan?

By *lowupdollTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Herts

" my post today !!! someone who was something then decides your worthless to them for no apparent reason. yea i know move on "

That’s not good

By *mber SkiesWoman
14 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

Maybe they been hurt in the past like they want to but is scared to at the same time

Just be patient they just need a little more time

By *ora the explorerWoman
14 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

I can't agree with this.

As I said above I am permanently exhausted and don't have the energy to keep in constant touch with people.

I haven't set foot in my siblings homes since before covid, nor they in mine and we can go for weeks without so much as text message and months without a phone call.

The same is true for friends.

As I said in another thread yesterday I have spent the majority of my life from the age of 12 as a carer for various family members and friends.

As a result I am emotionally and physically burned out and if someone is going through difficult times and expects me to be there for them there is a strong possibility they are going to be disappointed.

I can't carry my own load so there is no way I'm going to carry everyone else's. I've been there and done that and now it's my time.

I will never turn anyone away but I won't be initiating those conversations.

Those friends I chat to every day and who make time for me rather than just come looking when they need support will always take priority.

That doesn't make me a shit person"

I get this ^^

Post new Message to Thread