Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Social media

Jump to newest

By *ackformore100 OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Tin town

Do you use it? Contribute to it? How does it affect your life?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
14 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

I have farce book..but haven't been on it for over a month.. I'm seeing how long I can hold out.. I'm sure when I look in again it'll be the same old shit as last time.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
14 weeks ago

chichester

It’s a work tool

By *onkeynutWoman
14 weeks ago

somewhere

I use it mainly for work.

It doesn’t affect my life at all

By *ell GwynnWoman
14 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

Only the Fab forum. I have FriendFace, but haven't logged on for over a year as it became dull seeing people indulge in competitive "self-enhancement".

By *rHotNottsMan
14 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I post and view photography on Insta, Facebook & WhatsApp, also in lots of groups for photography and wild camping.

I’m pretty proactive at periodically interacting with a large number of friends on Facebook and I’ll try and do all the birthdays. I think this comes from travelling so much and missing so much face-to-face

By *odgerMooreMan
14 weeks ago

Carlisle

No - its a toxic insipid tool where they bombard you with algorithmic subliminal marketing and the fabric of sentient society gets dissolved in favour of a homogeneous collective consciousness. Nowadays one of the biggest insults someone can receive is to be ‘blocked on insta!!’ I prefer my connections real. I use Fab because of the high brow discussions and tits!!

By *ot to giggleWoman
14 weeks ago

Coventry

i dip in and out these days, all the kid stuff used to be on FB - groups for everything.

By *ML49Man
14 weeks ago

Burnley

Social media is poisonous to our minds. Its a good source of information but consumes way too much of our time.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
14 weeks ago

somewhere

I mainly use tiktok these days, I spend most of that time sending cat videos to Rubik, I used to post videos on there but became bored when hardly any views, it was fun doing them but for little "reward" despite having about 6000 followers at one point.

I do have Facebook but it's full of ads this days or pages I have zero interest in, have insta too but pop on a couple of times a week, if that these days.

I do like to post pictures on Facebook as my family like to see them and stuff.

By *icketToRudeCouple
14 weeks ago

Wellingborough

Going back to before pics of what people were having for dinner, fb used to be a far better place and somewhere with far more human interactions, all be it virtually and back then, I (mr) used it and interacted a lot more.

Then came the dinner pics and then the advertising and infiltrated by the younger generations and more about algorithms, what they want you to see etc etc.

I've used it as a business tool myself previously though and a promotional tool, but not so much now my job has changed and in turn tired of the marketing on it.

It is still useful for the niche groups on it though and information purposes.

So like everything, it's changed, not so much for the better but it still serves a purpose.

I like it here now

By *ealitybitesMan
14 weeks ago

Belfast

I have FB but I don't post or comment on it. I use it mostly for following customers and might put up pics if I'm on a hiking trip but nothing else.

I don't use any other media and never had a Twitter account.

By *agatoXXXMan
14 weeks ago

Mordor

This is as close as I get to social media.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

I belong to several groups on Facebook which are very useful. I keep in touch with distant family that way too.

I use Fab and contribute to that regularly via the forum.

I don't have X or Insta

By *r John WickMan
14 weeks ago

The Continental

I use two forums which is as close to social media as I like to get.

By *oodmessMan
14 weeks ago

yumsville

This is the only soc media I use. fbook changed to something quite unhealthy so haven't bothered with that for years - It makes you wonder if any of the angst or ideas seen on here is carried from other platforms.

By *viatrixWoman
14 weeks ago

Redhill

I create lots of travel content (totally vanilla) but it’s reserved only to family and friends…

I tend to use it quite a lot, but I have my “detox” times quite often.

By *uriousscouserWoman
14 weeks ago

Wirral

With all social media, I interact with what I want to see more of and don't get caught up in the bots who are rage-farming and it works for me.

I'm on FB, LinkedIn and twitter, but the only time I ever post is on FB when something happens that I think might give my mates a laugh.

By *hilloutMan
14 weeks ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I have FB which hasn't been updated in years and has notifications turned off. My online footprint is virtually nil.

So unless you class Fab as a form of social media, I don't use any.

By *allerthanaverage79Man
14 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Shouldn't it be called "anti-social"?

Post new Message to Thread