Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Being catfished

Jump to newest

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

Has anyone actually turned up to a date and essentially been “catfished” a rare Monday has me making random posts again so I’ll start with mine

Matched with someone off of fab, turned up to meet her for a drink, looked nothing like her pictures and I was totally catfished I did however stay for a few drinks as she was a nice enough person

Interested to know if you’ve been catfished and stayed for the date, made an excuse, or just left?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ddingextraspiceCouple
7 days ago

cumbria

Yes we have twice

By *ittlebirdWoman
7 days ago

The Big Smoke

Once. He was at least 20 years older than his pics and looked old enough to be my grandad

Ps. He still thought I would fuck him… I politely declined with a phrase ending in off. Blocked

By *ilver_foxxx69Man
7 days ago

Falkirk

Not off fab but definitely been catfished a few times off dating sights.

Was messaging a girl and exchanged a few pics and sexting. She came in to the club I was working. I didn’t recognise her as her pics had all been taken from select angles. She got d*unk and turned to some guy and shouted “I was going to let him fuck the shit out of me and he won’t even speak to me”

Asked her who she was which led to an awkward moment

By *ot to giggleWoman
7 days ago

Coventry

twice - one was ummmm a bigger size than any photo sent and apparently he had the munchies during covid

the other was - well lets say the pictures had hair, I thought it was his dad dropping him off!! apparently the pictures were taken in the summer - he failed to mention which year

By *lowupdollTV/TS
7 days ago

S. Herts

On another site. Body builder. Hench, decent banter. Arranged to meet in Soho. Turned up and he was very…short.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

Not catfished in the sense that it was a different person. However one guy's pictures showed a very fit man in his mid forties with a head of glossy, black hair.

A less fit man in his late fifties with completely grey hair turned up an hour late. We were only still there because we'd ordered lunch

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

"twice - one was ummmm a bigger size than any photo sent and apparently he had the munchies during covid

the other was - well lets say the pictures had hair, I thought it was his dad dropping him off!! apparently the pictures were taken in the summer - he failed to mention which year "

He had the munchies during COVID?!

By *atnip make me purrWoman
7 days ago

Reading

I've had someone lie about their age by 10 years

By *illy IdolMan
7 days ago

Midlands

Had this happen to me recently. She sent me pictures that were about 10 years old. When I arrived she was grey and frail looking. Lovely lady though and she had already bought me a drink, so I stayed

By *orthern BeardMan
7 days ago

Preston

Yeah.

Once I showed up to a pub and she was nothing like her photos. Made my excuses and left.

By *hrek101Man
7 days ago

Herts

Oh yes...twice, both VERY large. They were obviously very good with angles. One had a nice personality at least, the other not at all.

By *omptationMan
7 days ago

liverpool

Short version: Guy from work pretended to be a woman to get me to date him. Shit hit the fan

Long version: Many years ago now I was on a dating website for anglers, shall we say… and I came upon a profile of a sexy young lady, just my type… blonde, busty, all that…

I checked out the profile and thought she was out of my league and moved on when she appeared in my inbox

We got to talking and over time things started to get a little flirty… numbers were swapped… pics were swapped… sexting ensues…

We then arrange to meet one day (I even had a hotel room booked for what she said she had planned for me) and when I get to the meeting spot I’m greeted by a gay guy I knew from work. Now I was confused… I asked him what he was doing there and he said he was *NAME*… I didn’t understand and he said that he had made the profile as he fancied me and didn’t know any other way to get closer to me.

I was annoyed but tried to be understanding, said it wasn’t going to happen and left.

The next day I’m bombarded with messages from my family asking why he was getting in touch with them on Facebook. Not only was he telling my family and friends that we had been having a secret relationship, but that I was self-hating and closeted and then cheated on him! He sent screenshots of our conversations and pictures that I sent to him to them and co-workers too.

I tried to explain to as many as I could what really happened but while I lot understood, some didn’t believe me and I lost some close people from my life over it.

Naturally I went to HR in work about it all but he had gotten there first, telling them I had dumped him and abused him during the relationship. I took a lot of discussion and convincing but they eventually saw the truth and he was “persuaded” to leave the company over the whole thing.

He continued to message me over the next few months, until he finally realised I wasn’t going to reply and then I never heard from him again.

Pretty crazy shit.

By *929Man
7 days ago

newcastle

Yes once on hers lass had average as body type told me was avid gym goer everything was slim and toned just “a little bit left to loose on the belly” in reality everything was very fat, especially the belly

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

I thought a catfish was when they pretended to be someone else, using their photos etc

By *issmorganWoman
7 days ago

Calderdale innit

I had a social meet many years ago, he'd said he was late 30s similar to me.

He was actually in his mid 50s and looked every year of it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

"Short version: Guy from work pretended to be a woman to get me to date him. Shit hit the fan

Long version: Many years ago now I was on a dating website for anglers, shall we say… and I came upon a profile of a sexy young lady, just my type… blonde, busty, all that…

I checked out the profile and thought she was out of my league and moved on when she appeared in my inbox

We got to talking and over time things started to get a little flirty… numbers were swapped… pics were swapped… sexting ensues…

We then arrange to meet one day (I even had a hotel room booked for what she said she had planned for me) and when I get to the meeting spot I’m greeted by a gay guy I knew from work. Now I was confused… I asked him what he was doing there and he said he was *NAME*… I didn’t understand and he said that he had made the profile as he fancied me and didn’t know any other way to get closer to me.

I was annoyed but tried to be understanding, said it wasn’t going to happen and left.

The next day I’m bombarded with messages from my family asking why he was getting in touch with them on Facebook. Not only was he telling my family and friends that we had been having a secret relationship, but that I was self-hating and closeted and then cheated on him! He sent screenshots of our conversations and pictures that I sent to him to them and co-workers too.

I tried to explain to as many as I could what really happened but while I lot understood, some didn’t believe me and I lost some close people from my life over it.

Naturally I went to HR in work about it all but he had gotten there first, telling them I had dumped him and abused him during the relationship. I took a lot of discussion and convincing but they eventually saw the truth and he was “persuaded” to leave the company over the whole thing.

He continued to message me over the next few months, until he finally realised I wasn’t going to reply and then I never heard from him again.

Pretty crazy shit."

Yeah that's my definition of catfishing.

That's awful and pretty frightening

By *illy IdolMan
7 days ago

Midlands

"Short version: Guy from work pretended to be a woman to get me to date him. Shit hit the fan

Pretty crazy shit."

Fucking hell

By *rowley616Man
7 days ago

Scarborough

Nope even the fakers don't bother with me.

By *carlet SeductionWoman
7 days ago

Maidstone

I prefer to do the catfishing

By *aiducMan
7 days ago

Chelmsford

On another app arranged a meet with someone whose profile stated he was 60. When I turned up at his I thought perhaps he was fibbing about his age.

This was confirmed by the plethora of 'Happy 80th Birthday' cards around his living room

By *illy IdolMan
7 days ago

Midlands

"Nope even the fakers don't bother with me."

By *omptationMan
7 days ago

liverpool

Pretty crazy shit.

That's awful and pretty frightening "

It was horrendous, my whole world was crashing down around me.

I through I was going to love MY job over all this, with him saying I was abusive and all… I’m so lucky I was able to see people make sense.

It was nothing like it, but watching Baby Reindeer really brought back memories of how one person with a crush can really fuck things up for you

By *oyoteUglyWoman
7 days ago

somewhere

I did warn you beforehand...

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

"I did warn you beforehand..."

By *ornucopiaMan
7 days ago

Bexley

Pretty crazy shit."

Remind me why I don't want to know about Facebook!

By *pinningfasterWoman
7 days ago

Birmingham

As someone who takes mainly selfies that do make me look thinner I hope I am clear enough with people that I'm actually very fat lol

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

"Had this happen to me recently. She sent me pictures that were about 10 years old. When I arrived she was grey and frail looking. Lovely lady though and she had already bought me a drink, so I stayed "

Free drink and all..

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

"I thought a catfish was when they pretended to be someone else, using their photos etc"

It’s also used for people who pertain to look a way they don’t I believe

By *otSoPoshWoman
7 days ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

[Removed by poster at 01/07/24 20:47:18]

By *illy IdolMan
7 days ago

Midlands

"Had this happen to me recently. She sent me pictures that were about 10 years old. When I arrived she was grey and frail looking. Lovely lady though and she had already bought me a drink, so I stayed

Free drink and all.."

Never say no to a free drink

By *onkeynutWoman
7 days ago

somewhere

My first ever fab meet he turned up looking 20 years older than his pics. I still had a drink with him and asked him about his pics, he admitted they were “a bit out of date” he also constantly tried to initiate contact despite my body language screaming ‘don’t touch me’.

I went to the toilet and left out the back door, even left my coat

By *ad NannaWoman
7 days ago

East London

"Not catfished in the sense that it was a different person. However one guy's pictures showed a very fit man in his mid forties with a head of glossy, black hair.

A less fit man in his late fifties with completely grey hair turned up an hour late. We were only still there because we'd ordered lunch"

Sounds like the same man I met

By *he love catsCouple
7 days ago

South Wales

"Not catfished in the sense that it was a different person. However one guy's pictures showed a very fit man in his mid forties with a head of glossy, black hair.

A less fit man in his late fifties with completely grey hair turned up an hour late. We were only still there because we'd ordered lunch

Sounds like the same man I met "

Is that the blow job guy nanna

By *elloWoman
7 days ago

alpha centauri

"Oh yes...twice, both VERY large. They were obviously very good with angles. One had a nice personality at least, the other not at all."

This is what worries me about meeting people from here, they send messages saying I have a great body and I then think I've uploaded catfish photos because I just see wibbly wobbly flab, I'd hate to meet someone I had been keen to meet and they have disappointment clearly showing on their face when they lay eyes on me

By *ickie76XXXMan
7 days ago

dartford

"Has anyone actually turned up to a date and essentially been “catfished” a rare Monday has me making random posts again so I’ll start with mine

Matched with someone off of fab, turned up to meet her for a drink, looked nothing like her pictures and I was totally catfished I did however stay for a few drinks as she was a nice enough person

Interested to know if you’ve been catfished and stayed for the date, made an excuse, or just left? "

It’s not happened to me OP but could happen to anyone and I’ve often wondered what I would do in this situation. Can I ask? Did you raise this with the lady or just let it go?

By *aizyWoman
7 days ago

west midlands

Happened a couple of times when I had a couples account on here, turned up to meet other couples just to find they looked nothing like their pics or they were much older than they were pretending to be.

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

"Has anyone actually turned up to a date and essentially been “catfished” a rare Monday has me making random posts again so I’ll start with mine

Interested to know if you’ve been catfished and stayed for the date, made an excuse, or just left?

It’s not happened to me OP but could happen to anyone and I’ve often wondered what I would do in this situation. Can I ask? Did you raise this with the lady or just let it go? "

I stayed for drinks had a good chat and gave it the old “had a great time just didn’t feel a spark” text

I’m not a fan of hurting feelings!

By *punk n gushCouple
7 days ago

Walmer,

Twice on here once by a couple we thought were nice meet them and arranged a second but had to cancel last minute due to a death then the male turned nasty calling me really vile names contacting my children as we had added the couple to Facebook

Second was a man said he said he was 50 reckon he was at least 70 that was a strange meet

By *heBelladonnaWoman
7 days ago

Central London

All you naysayers who say you won’t videocall before meeting…

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

"All you naysayers who say you won’t videocall before meeting… "

Never meet before a video call anymore..once bitten twice shy

7 days ago

Maidstone

I have to agree. I don't know why people don't do this. I've been put off a few from a video call so it's saved me the effort of meeting them. Shrugs.

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
7 days ago

on the naughty side of the street

I've not been personally catfished but someone used my pics off a social media site not fab claiming to be me.

It's was awful scenario to see someone use my face to hurt another.

Sadly there are so many ai filters is alarming and that catfishing happens so much.

The sad thing is so many don't realise they don't need to use them.

By *ad NannaWoman
7 days ago

East London

Is that the blow job guy nanna "

Lol no, some dude who used photos from his youth.

I just thought he was doing up an old Capri, in his photos.

By *ad NannaWoman
7 days ago

East London

"All you naysayers who say you won’t videocall before meeting…

I have to agree. I don't know why people don't do this. I've been put off a few from a video call so it's saved me the effort of meeting them. Shrugs. "

Don't you hate it though, when you're in bed in your ugliest pyjamas, with a big spot on your forehead and they spring a video call on you.

By *riel13Woman
7 days ago

Northampton

I'm a catfish!

7 days ago

Maidstone

I have to agree. I don't know why people don't do this. I've been put off a few from a video call so it's saved me the effort of meeting them. Shrugs.

Don't you hate it though, when you're in bed in your ugliest pyjamas, with a big spot on your forehead and they spring a video call on you."

Oh god yeah! I wouldn't answer an unplanned call. O don't even answer my phone most times but it's easy enough to plan a call in.

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

The first step is admittance

By *rowley616Man
7 days ago

Scarborough

What is a reverse cat fish called? As I keep losing weight all the pictures are fatter than I currently am. Consider it a nice surprise.

Maybe if we put up our worst pictures instead of our best, we can lower people's expectations ??.

By *onkeynutWoman
7 days ago

somewhere

Don't you hate it though, when you're in bed in your ugliest pyjamas, with a big spot on your forehead and they spring a video call on you."

Noooo, video calls have to be planned in advance

By *he love catsCouple
7 days ago

South Wales

Is that the blow job guy nanna

Lol no, some dude who used photos from his youth.

I just thought he was doing up an old Capri, in his photos."

My first ever car

By *ell GwynnWoman
7 days ago

North Yorkshire

"Had this happen to me recently. She sent me pictures that were about 10 years old. When I arrived she was grey and frail looking. Lovely lady though and she had already bought me a drink, so I stayed "

Frail???

By *orthern BeardMan
7 days ago

Preston

I need to make an appointment for this. I look like a thumb at the best of times. Can’t be ringing me when I’ve got a face mask on and the cucumbers

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

I need to make an appointment for this. I look like a thumb at the best of times. Can’t be ringing me when I’ve got a face mask on and the cucumbers "

Got to look

Our best haven’t we NB!

By *rowley616Man
7 days ago

Scarborough

Sooooo is makeup catfishing.

By *heBelladonnaWoman
7 days ago

Central London

I need to make an appointment for this. I look like a thumb at the best of times. Can’t be ringing me when I’ve got a face mask on and the cucumbers "

Well, I don’t make it a habit of having surprise video calls. That’s a bit much for me too. I have to hold up the assumption I run around in lingerie daily.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
7 days ago

Tamworth

"Sooooo is makeup catfishing."

Only if you think that anyone is born with perfectly applied eyeliner, lipstick and mascara.

Are beards?

By *lowupdollTV/TS
7 days ago

S. Herts

"Sooooo is makeup catfishing.

Only if you think that anyone is born with perfectly applied eyeliner, lipstick and mascara.

Are beards? "

Well played well played

By *ell GwynnWoman
7 days ago

North Yorkshire

Yep. I met this guy who claimed to have won Rear of the Year 2024, only it turned out to be a someone else's photos as his own derrière was shockingly flat, and he'd carved some sofa foam into a bum shape and stuffed it down the back of his pants.

By *illy IdolMan
7 days ago

Midlands

"Had this happen to me recently. She sent me pictures that were about 10 years old. When I arrived she was grey and frail looking. Lovely lady though and she had already bought me a drink, so I stayed

Frail???"

Oh God this is awkward now

By *luehairedcumslutCouple
7 days ago

St Neots

During my 20's, half my body count catfished me... But yeah, didn't stop me

I'm alot more picky now though and I'd stay for a drink but nothing more

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

Are beards? "

You’ll never catch me clean shaven…

By *rowley616Man
7 days ago

Scarborough

Are beards? "

My beard is. Without it I look like a child.

By *illy IdolMan
7 days ago

Midlands

"Yep. I met this guy who claimed to have won Rear of the Year 2024, only it turned out to be a someone else's photos as his own derrière was shockingly flat, and he'd carved some sofa foam into a bum shape and stuffed it down the back of his pants."

I told you to be cautious of Beyond Purity

By *enelope2UWoman
7 days ago

Fife

Pretty much don't even look at pictures... I've generally been disappointed lowered my age range because 50 here looks like 80..

By *onkoMan
7 days ago

here and there

Nope

I'm not worth catching

By *orthern BeardMan
7 days ago

Preston

Are beards? "

Apparently hat fishing is a thing. Google it

By *rimson_RoseWoman
7 days ago

Tamworth

Are beards?

Apparently hat fishing is a thing. Google it "

If I regret this afterwards...I'll be expecting compensation!

By *enelope2UWoman
7 days ago

Fife

When you look like two different people with it off yes so are filters! but doesn't really matter when men can't tell a natural makeup free woman from those with it or if they say they dislike fakes filters yet choose them everytime...

By *aribbean King 1985Man
7 days ago

South West London

I was catfished by one of my meets before Christmas, looked different to her pictures but unfortunately had to stay the night with her as I booked the hotel although I left before she did. So went home and blocked and deleted her

By *eyond PurityCouple
7 days ago

Laceby

"Yep. I met this guy who claimed to have won Rear of the Year 2024, only it turned out to be a someone else's photos as his own derrière was shockingly flat, and he'd carved some sofa foam into a bum shape and stuffed it down the back of his pants.

I told you to be cautious of Beyond Purity "

total catfish us

By *ddie1966Man
7 days ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

It happens.

It's happened to me on two occasions.

Some ladies like to embellish their age. Nothing wrong with that, as far as I'm concerned, but the last one must have lived in la last land. The previous ones idea of slim must have been decided on in the hall of mirrors.

The camera does lie.

All I ask is people are honest about themselves.

By *arc83Man
7 days ago

Nuneaton

A few year ago was on another app.

Talking to this woman realy my type.

Talked alot on the phone.

Come to meeting up.

I was at a coffee shop when i hear a voice call me.

It was my ex.

Which I did lose my shit and left.

Ever since then its video calls.

By *rowley616Man
7 days ago

Scarborough

When you look like two different people with it off yes so are filters! but doesn't really matter when men can't tell a natural makeup free woman from those with it or if they say they dislike fakes filters yet choose them everytime..."

So everyone is deceiving in some way?

By *aizyWoman
7 days ago

west midlands

Are beards?

If I regret this afterwards...I'll be expecting compensation! "

I googled it, makes total sense! One of the very few times on here I haven't regretted googling something!

By *rimson_RoseWoman
7 days ago

Tamworth

Are beards?

I googled it, makes total sense! One of the very few times on here I haven't regretted googling something!"

It's nice to google something from here that doesn't make you scrub your eyes with bleach after

By *orl1971Couple
7 days ago

Glasgow

We met a couple a few years ago. She had black and white arty photos of various bits of body. He had full body pics.

Turns out she was a lot bigger than we thought and his pics were taken 20 years and 4 stone ago. They were a nice couple but there was no attraction.

You learn when the pics are close ups of cleavage, feet, eyes that a full body pic would be useful.

By *oeBeansMan
7 days ago

Derby

"A few year ago was on another app.

Talking to this woman realy my type.

Talked alot on the phone.

Come to meeting up.

I was at a coffee shop when i hear a voice call me.

It was my ex.

Which I did lose my shit and left.

Ever since then its video calls.

"

That was your chance to realise you were made for each other and live happily ever after!

By *aizyWoman
7 days ago

west midlands

Are beards?

I googled it, makes total sense! One of the very few times on here I haven't regretted googling something!

It's nice to google something from here that doesn't make you scrub your eyes with bleach after "

It is, I very, very rarely google anything I see on here anymore!

By *heBelladonnaWoman
7 days ago

Central London

"

So everyone is deceiving in some way? "

People tell me I look better in person than in my photos. When they say things like wow, you’re beautiful, smoking hot, etc and then meet me and say I’m more beautiful in person, I feel deceived.

By *onkoMan
7 days ago

here and there

Are beards?

It's nice to google something from here that doesn't make you scrub your eyes with bleach after

It is, I very, very rarely google anything I see on here anymore! "

Don't Google _onko

By *arc83Man
7 days ago

Nuneaton

Are beards?

It is, I very, very rarely google anything I see on here anymore!

Don't Google _onko "

Don't google blue waffle or swirly chest

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

Pretty crazy shit.

That's awful and pretty frightening

It was horrendous, my whole world was crashing down around me.

I through I was going to love MY job over all this, with him saying I was abusive and all… I’m so lucky I was able to see people make sense.

It was nothing like it, but watching Baby Reindeer really brought back memories of how one person with a crush can really fuck things up for you "

Yes I had an experience at work that while not the same involved someone telling awful lies about me. It can have potentially devastating consequences.

Sorry you had to experience this

By *illy IdolMan
7 days ago

Midlands

"Yep. I met this guy who claimed to have won Rear of the Year 2024, only it turned out to be a someone else's photos as his own derrière was shockingly flat, and he'd carved some sofa foam into a bum shape and stuffed it down the back of his pants.

I told you to be cautious of Beyond Purity

total catfish us "

By *eyond PurityCouple
7 days ago

Laceby

I haven’t but C met a woman for a drink who looked completely different from her pics. C walked past her and it was only after she was called back she realised the woman was who she was meeting - a few sizes different and greying hair.

Needless to say only one drink was had.

The next day the lady blocked us after C pointed out that she didn’t look like her pics

K

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

"I haven’t but C met a woman for a drink who looked completely different from her pics. C walked past her and it was only after she was called back she realised the woman was who she was meeting - a few sizes different and greying hair.

Needless to say only one drink was had.

The next day the lady blocked us after C pointed out that she didn’t look like her pics

K"

It does feel a little strange as to why people do it, insecurities obviously but still how they think people won’t know is somewhat bizarre.

By *rucking-HellMan
7 days ago

Northampton

I had one once from another site. I was expecting a mumsy sort - a plain Jane, a little overweight, and flat shoes. When she turned up, she was STUNNING - playing with hr hair and all that. She was like a model or something.

I still shagged her though.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
7 days ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Not using different photos, but she may as well have done.

I met up with another Tgirl for a social night out, hitting a few bars and the like. I'd not realised her pics had been filtered and that was why her make up looked so on point. Nice girl all the same.

By *igR93 OP   Man
7 days ago

Sarcasm City

"I had one once from another site. I was expecting a mumsy sort - a plain Jane, a little overweight, and flat shoes. When she turned up, she was STUNNING - playing with hr hair and all that. She was like a model or something.

I still shagged her though. "

Reverse catfish then

By *oah VailMan
7 days ago

Dover

I met a lady a while back who claimed to be 42 and a size 12 in her profile. If I am being charitable, I would say that maybe, when she was 42, she would have been a size 12…

I had a bit of a kink (but no real success) for “contact” magazines like “Rendezvous” for years. It’s staggering that some people are still using pictures here on fab that I recognise from 20+ years ago.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
7 days ago

Wirral.

Depends on the amount of make up

I've been recognised in the Asda in my scruff, no make up & unwashed hair. Some women look like different people without make up!

By *kphooeyMan
7 days ago

Finchley

"Oh yes...twice, both VERY large. They were obviously very good with angles. One had a nice personality at least, the other not at all.

This is what worries me about meeting people from here, they send messages saying I have a great body and I then think I've uploaded catfish photos because I just see wibbly wobbly flab, I'd hate to meet someone I had been keen to meet and they have disappointment clearly showing on their face when they lay eyes on me "

A but think of the fun Cat could have hiding behind those twin moons, whilst as for Rimmer...

By *agnar73Man
7 days ago

Glasgow

"I had one once from another site. I was expecting a mumsy sort - a plain Jane, a little overweight, and flat shoes. When she turned up, she was STUNNING - playing with hr hair and all that. She was like a model or something.

I still shagged her though. "

At the last sentence

By *hat.coupleCouple
6 days ago

Dartford

The use of filters on here is redonkulous! Some pictures are so heavily filtered that it's really obvious. do they think they are fooling people? We don't use filters on our pics as I don't think its fair. People are genuinely surprised that we look exactly like our pics on here when we meet, it's madness!

By *cean guyMan
6 days ago

Glasgow

I have been catfished loads of times. I would go as far as to say that 90% of the women I have met off swinging sites, Tinder etc look vastly different from their photos. Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise and they look better in person, but most of the time they are considerably bigger / look older in real life.

I have definitely been in some bizarre situations over the years. One women I met lived with her mum and said "its okay we can go upstairs to my room". Needless to say, I ended up walking.

By *entBarryUKMan
6 days ago

Ashford

Only once, not on this site. Her photos were definitely a few years out of date, but she was lovely and we had fun, until she started talking about having my babies, then I ran like Forrest Gump, and luckily ran into my future wife!

By *ottom4topxMan
6 days ago

Derry

Pretty crazy shit.

Fucking hell "

I would of beat him to death and I'm being serious

By *oneyladyWoman
6 days ago

York

I worry so much about doing this. Obviously the photos on my profile are all photos where I think I look my best. I know how to use a camera to get my best angle, and I can take a decent selfie…. But then I am paranoid incase when I meet someone they think I have deceived them. One thing I don’t do is use filters. For one I think they are blatantly obvious, and secondly, it’s just a lie.

I have met a lady who had used filters in her photos and when I met her I actually didn’t recognise her because she was sooooo much less attractive.

I’d hate to put someone in that position.

I always tell people I meet that I am curvy and that if they don’t like curves they won’t like me…. I have even gone so far as to send a full body “honest” photo of myself naked as I want to be sure I am not deceiving someone…

By *oneyladyWoman
6 days ago

York

"The use of filters on here is redonkulous! Some pictures are so heavily filtered that it's really obvious. do they think they are fooling people? We don't use filters on our pics as I don't think its fair. People are genuinely surprised that we look exactly like our pics on here when we meet, it's madness! "

The worry then is that because soooooo many people use filters, those of us who don’t use them, people will look at our “normal” photos and assume that we are going to be less attractive in real life because everyone is getting so used to that!

Your photos are awesome btw. You both look loads of fun and very sexy

By *hat.coupleCouple
6 days ago

Dartford

"The use of filters on here is redonkulous! Some pictures are so heavily filtered that it's really obvious. do they think they are fooling people? We don't use filters on our pics as I don't think its fair. People are genuinely surprised that we look exactly like our pics on here when we meet, it's madness!

The worry then is that because soooooo many people use filters, those of us who don’t use them, people will look at our “normal” photos and assume that we are going to be less attractive in real life because everyone is getting so used to that!

Your photos are awesome btw. You both look loads of fun and very sexy "

Thank you xx

By *agatoXXXMan
6 days ago

2nd door on the right.

Was it Granny Crumpet or Bad Nanna?!

(Hides behind sofa...)

By *arierWoman
6 days ago

birmingham

I think I sniffed out the attempt of a catfish about ten minutes ago.

I got asked to meet at a hotel very early in a conversation so I played along and asked for a picture…. Which the lady sent…. Wow! Stunning!

I asked when did you take it?

“Just this minute”

This kind of sealed the deal because her profile picture had a tattoo and her “selfie” with a cropped border didn’t.

By *ean counterMan
6 days ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

Catfished? I've Never tried. Barbel, chub and tench are my go to species but I've never gone for catfish P.S. why doesn't anyone speak english anymore?

By *oyoteUglyWoman
6 days ago

somewhere

"The use of filters on here is redonkulous! Some pictures are so heavily filtered that it's really obvious. do they think they are fooling people? We don't use filters on our pics as I don't think its fair. People are genuinely surprised that we look exactly like our pics on here when we meet, it's madness! "

Mine are always filtered, but I don't lie about the fact they are. It's a surprise what you get with me.

By *nlygirlzallowedWoman
6 days ago

N ireland

Has to be a videocall before I meet

By *tsJustKateWoman
6 days ago

London

Surely Catfishing is using someone elses photos and identity

By *igR93 OP   Man
6 days ago

Sarcasm City

"Surely Catfishing is using someone elses photos and identity"

It’s also used when someone doesn’t look as to how they portray.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

6 days ago

East Sussex

"Surely Catfishing is using someone elses photos and identity"

It appears to have evolved. I thought the same as you.

Ghosting seems to have expanded as well to include when someone stops messaging even if you've never met.

By *weetiepie99Woman
6 days ago

cardiff

I think if your photos are really filtered, you are catfishing in a way. It's not a true reflection of you

By *erfHerder74Man
6 days ago

Greenock

Just as bad as meeting someone who won’t share a face picture

By *aTina HeadTurnerWoman
6 days ago

Newham

"Pretty much don't even look at pictures... I've generally been disappointed lowered my age range because 50 here looks like 80.. "

Same. And not only looks, usually also is very close to that age.

By *2000ManMan
6 days ago

Worthing

Never. If it did happen, I would stay. I give everyone a chance.

By *our HeroMan
6 days ago

south Oxfordshire

[Removed by poster at 02/07/24 09:53:27]

By *igR93 OP   Man
6 days ago

Sarcasm City

"Surely Catfishing is using someone elses photos and identity

Ghosting seems to have expanded as well to include when someone stops messaging even if you've never met."

See im a little indifferent on this one, if you’ve never met someone it’s not really ghosting

By *ornucopiaMan
6 days ago

Bexley

"Surely Catfishing is using someone elses photos and identity

Ghosting seems to have expanded as well to include when someone stops messaging even if you've never met."

..and not forgetting the other old favourite, breadcrumbing.

By *angerouslemaisonsMan
6 days ago

Peterborough

Years ago yes absolutely not even the same person as the pictures had been using her cousins one and only time I ever used an actual dating site and never again

By *igR93 OP   Man
6 days ago

Sarcasm City

"Years ago yes absolutely not even the same person as the pictures had been using her cousins one and only time I ever used an actual dating site and never again "

Oh no!

By *oody BMan
6 days ago

Mcr. - The Gilded Palace of Sin

Yep.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
6 days ago

Chichester

Not since I switched into doing video calls before meeting

By *lasphemousGirlWoman
6 days ago

Cambs

I've had people 10 years older than their pics or a considerable difference to their pics before, now I video call before I meet most people or ask them to send selfie or video response to a question, something that shows me them currently.

By *hilloutMan
6 days ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I've never been catfished. Either I'm lucky, good at vetting people or both

By *Buster-Man
6 days ago

Mold

No, not to date I haven't

By *rsKOTCTWoman
6 days ago

Leeds

Yes unfortunately on our couples profile, the person we met was at least 15 years older than stated, that made our decision to always have socials 1st.

By *allerthanaverage79Man
6 days ago

Ayrshire

Yeah-thats why you stayed!

By *allerthanaverage79Man
6 days ago

Ayrshire

Never been catfished- that would surely involve a meet?!

By *igR93 OP   Man
6 days ago

Sarcasm City

By *uriousscouserWoman
6 days ago

Wirral

Yes, I thought he'd sent his dad to make his excuses.

He told me if he put his real age he didn't get any messages, but that to me would be a better option. I can take photos that don't show my full heft, but I don't want someone's first impression of me to be a horrified recoil when they see me in the flesh.

Surely it doesn't make any sense at all if you're looking to meet people?

By *ornucopiaMan
6 days ago

Bexley

If it's any consolation, I look a lot younger than my paternal grandfather did when he was my current age.

Old dears he used to know from his youth used to go and see him in the nursing home where he resided. Not for hanky panky.

My Maternal grandfather lived to 102 and the carers used to visit him in pairs. Not sure if that was for their safety or to maximise the potential for action. He was the one I take after.

By *ex HolesMan
6 days ago

Up North

I pump the bum of catfishes extra hard for their troubles

By *eorgiePorjyMan
6 days ago

South West London

I've been catfished on an adult site around 10 years ago don't even know if it is around any more)

Chatted and arranged to meet a woman in a cafe (we had obviously exchanged pictures for a couple of weeks) as I don't do surprise meets without getting to know one another. Everything looked promising until I turned up.

I barely recognised the woman I was meeting. The pictures were obviously old. When I got to the table, she greeted me with wide eyes saying I looked great in my biker gear. I didn't sit down, instead I asked her why she sent me photos that didn't look like her and were obviously from years past. She told me that I wouldn't have turned up if she sent me a present day picture which I disagreed with and then I said I was going to go as if you begin any kind of meet with dishonesty, what else are you hiding or lying about? She began to get upset and I left.

I wouldn't have minded so much but I still found her physically attractive but I wasn't about to take a risk for a shag

By *he KakapoMan
6 days ago

A nice rock

There really isn't an excuse to get caught out these days with the amount of technology available to communicate.

If you don't spot red flags you either aren't looking hard enough or you're choosing to ignore them

By *omptationMan
6 days ago

liverpool

"Yes, I thought he'd sent his dad to make his excuses.

He told me if he put his real age he didn't get any messages, but that to me would be a better option. I can take photos that don't show my full heft, but I don't want someone's first impression of me to be a horrified recoil when they see me in the flesh.

Surely it doesn't make any sense at all if you're looking to meet people?"

Well if we meet I’ll lookout for a big pair of googly eyes to make sure it’s you lol

By *naswingdressWoman
6 days ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've always thought, if you think I naturally have glittery gold eyelids, that's a you problem, not a me problem

By *rPunxMan
6 days ago

Hull

Had been chatting to someone for six months on a daily basis. Did the whole pic swap thing as well.(They originally added and pursued me) they lived the other side of the country and seemed to have as busy a life as me so took a while to try to arrange a meet up. The closer we got to actually meeting and then ghosted.at first I was worried that something may have happened as it wasn't like them.also no social media activity just gone. Finally managed to get back in touch. They made some excuse that I had upset one of their friends and didn'twantanymoreto do with me.??? This was news to me not sure who I'd done what to? Then in hindsight decided to try a reverse image search.turns out all the pictures,videos were from an old cam girls profile that was no longer active.

By *az69xWoman
4 days ago

bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 04/07/24 07:35:10]

By *ripfillMan
4 days ago

havant

"twice - one was ummmm a bigger size than any photo sent and apparently he had the munchies during covid

the other was - well lets say the pictures had hair, I thought it was his dad dropping him off!! apparently the pictures were taken in the summer - he failed to mention which year "

Ouch …..

By *glyBettyTV/TS
4 days ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

Pretty crazy shit."

Just read this

If a woman who seems too attractive to be on a dating site for anglers goes out of their way to contact you, that's got 'man' written all over it

By *izandpaulCouple
4 days ago

merseyside

It’s not happened to me OP but could happen to anyone and I’ve often wondered what I would do in this situation. Can I ask? Did you raise this with the lady or just let it go?

I stayed for drinks had a good chat and gave it the old “had a great time just didn’t feel a spark” text

I’m not a fan of hurting feelings!"

Totally agree about not hurting people's feelings, that's why we only meet for a drink and chat on first meets.

We find men tend to be in less good condition and ladies somehow don't understand the difference between size 14 and 24.

As a mature couple ourselves we always tell folks to check our age a few times before meeting.

Clubs, parties and swingers holidays seem to work better as no awkward moments or less awkward moments.

By *acksparrow99Man
4 days ago

Canary Wharf, London

Yes, a number of times.

By *rowley616Man
7 hours ago

Scarborough

If anyone wants to catfish me. I would love to feel desired even if it isn't real.

By *midnight-Woman
7 hours ago

Are beards?

Apparently hat fishing is a thing. Google it "

Umm.... I wear a hat, wtf is hat fishing??

By *imi_RougeWoman
7 hours ago

Portsmouth

Are beards?

Umm.... I wear a hat, wtf is hat fishing?? "

Usually it's bald guys. You only see pics with a hat on... Turn up, they take the hat off and they don't look half as attractive.

By *midnight-Woman
7 hours ago

Are beards?

Umm.... I wear a hat, wtf is hat fishing??

Usually it's bald guys. You only see pics with a hat on... Turn up, they take the hat off and they don't look half as attractive. "

Oh heck

I take mine off snd my hair tumbles out - i think I'm safe!

Post new Message to Thread